Saviours of the Waking World - Homestuck RP (co-GMed by Revolverwolf)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

(NOTE: it is highly recommended that you have read Homestuck and are up to date with it if you intend to sign up for this RP! However, don't worry if you haven't. It'll make things that much more interesting if you don't know what to expect!)

You, a youth full of energy and anticipation, stand in your bedroom, preparing to play a game with seven of your friends. This is not just any however; this game could decide the fate of the universe, and several other universes, for that matter. Along the way you shall experience wacky antics, evade devious foes, encounter tragedy, romance, humour, and possibly even discover the true meaning of that human disease called "friendship".

This is, in short, an RP based on the spectacular webcomic "Homestuck". You, the player, shall assume the guise of a youngster between the ages of 11 and 16, and, along with seven other players, shall engage in a game of Sburb not dissimilar to the one portrayed in the original comic.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!

Erm...whoops. Seeing this topic made me jump out of my chair and throw my laptop across the room. o.o

Consider this a reserve. I'll have an intro up within the hour. :P

See next post for sheet.

RESERVE! PLEASE! I just started reading Homestuck a few days ago and its awesome! I would very much like to be in this game! The action at prey is pretty slow so I will have alot of time for this.

Reserving a spot. I'm currently putting my non-existent Photoshop skills to the test creating a character.

EDIT:

EDIT2:

EDIT3: Bluh bluh for some reason the updated image is slightly lighter than the old one. Strange.

EDIT4: Changed the typing quirk.

After some discussion, Vulv and I decided it may be easier if the pesterchum convos were done in a usergroup; as such, I went and created this.

The ideal way of doing it would really be through an actual instant messaging program, like MSN or Skype; it'd be more fluid and "real-time" than anything else. O' course, this'll be impossible for some people, but if you aren't unwilling to exchange your contact details with the other players, it could be an overall more efficient means of playing the RP.

We could alternatively use the actual Pesterchum chat client that's been in development on the MSPA forums.

Ooo, sounds like a lot of fun.
I'm not entirely up to date with it but I have read a lot of it.

How's that?
I was thinking of using Great detail Instead of Numbers for my chat quirk but Numbers just seemed like it'd be more fitting.
I'll try and get a picture up.

One Seven One:
[snippage]

Hey, didn't you RP in ZAS a long while ago? Your avatar is still the same from back then.

Okay, just a trend that needs nipping in the bud. Every character right now is pretty much the same aesthetics-wise. Literally all six of 'em are spec-wearin', activity-lovin' nerds. We need a bit of individuality in appearance for the sake of the RP!

I can guarantee that you'll get extra points for it an' such if you make a character that is a bit more unique and quirky. Possibly.

SamuelT:

One Seven One:
[snippage]

Hey, didn't you RP in ZAS a long while ago? Your avatar is still the same from back then.

Heh, yeah I remember that RP, dang, that was a long time ago, I remember you were in it too.
I can't think of anything I'd rather have it be, although I have looked.

Edit:
@Revoloverwolf: Hmm, I could scratch my character and make an art/music loving kind of character.

Alright. Will make a character instead of just placing myself into the game. For the sake of diversity!

revolverwolf:
Okay, just a trend that needs nipping in the bud. Every character right now is pretty much the same aesthetics-wise. Literally all six of 'em are spec-wearin', activity-lovin' nerds. We need a bit of individuality in appearance for the sake of the RP!

I can guarantee that you'll get extra points for it an' such if you make a character that is a bit more unique and quirky. Possibly.

I'll revise mine and pair some of my interests back. He's still going to be a bespectacled boy, though, but that's because I don't want to deal with creating something new again. D=

I'll update my original post with the revision, and leave both up. If I do get accepted, just let me know which one's getting in.

revolverwolf:

The new dude ain't gonna look like Mark,much at all really....

@Revolver: Ok...but by the very nature of the intro sheets, aren't we all activity loving? I mean, that's virtually what they are in the comic right? Just a list of the activities the character enjoy and then they get fleshed out later. If that isn't going to be enough here then whatever. I can add or subtract as needed but I thought we were trying to stick with the original's flavor.

Also, glasses are easier because most of the Homestuck characters wear glasses and I'm no artist. On that note, image edited. I guess he looks more apathetic now anyway. Also added random details. Not even sure if it's the sort of thing you're looking for but it's there now.

@OneSeven: Yeah, you could make a music loving character. But I kinda already did that. If you still want to do that be my guest. I guess I could just start from scratch. I literally whipped this guy up in about ten minutes.

@Link: Well, okay, everyone has to have some sort of activity that makes them interesting, but the major point was that everyone having glasses made it sound a bit samey. But that's fixed now, what with the edits people've made, so my vaguely worded concerns can shut right up now.

Hey guys, a quick heads-up on the Pesterchum chat client. It stores pesterlogs in BBCode and HTML format. Here's a snippet from my test with SamuelT without any additional modifications:

For those who aren't interested in reading the whole thing, the client also has options to add in typing quirks for you. They come in six forms: a prefix adder (D -->), a suffix adder, a regular replace ("h" to ")("), a regexp replace (which is harder to use but more malleable than a regular replace), a misspeller, and a random replace. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to export logs, but you can import them back into the client window.

Getting the formatted log files isn't hard, though. The logs are stored in the Pesterchum directory (where you installed the program on your hard drive), in the location ./Pesterchum/logs/[yourChumhandle]/[friendsChumhandle]/[logFormat]/convo.txt, where the "./" at the beginning is wherever you installed the folder. The log files are stored in the format "friendsChumhandle.year-month-day.hour.minutes.txt". For instance, here's the path where I pulled the log snippet from:

C:/Pesterchum/logs/voidedParasol/feistyAthlete/bbcode/feistyAthlete.2011-03-11.08.53.txt

If we do decide to use an IM client, Pesterchum will work wonders for us.

@HoD

So the colour copying works?

SamuelT:
@HoD

So the colour copying works?

Yep.

Greetings, chaps and dames. First RP over here, thought I'd at least say hello in this inconspicuous OOC insertion.

@Link: Hmm maybe I'll just make him art loving then.

Also, how would I go about uploading an image of my character?
I have one made in MS pain but can't seem to find out how to upload him

@HotD: Wow, the pesterchum is pretty cool.

@Voukras: Hello there.

One Seven One:
@Link: Hmm maybe I'll just make him art loving then.

Also, how would I go about uploading an image of my character?
I have one made in MS pain but can't seem to find out how to upload him

@Voukras: Hello there.

Image Shack,and why hallo thar

One Seven One:
[...]
[...]

I tried to add your Chumhandle, but it says that ours is an invalid one. Did you sign up already?

Also; will the GM's be participating in the game or no?

SamuelT:

One Seven One:
[...]
[...]

I tried to add your Chumhandle, but it says that ours is an invalid one. Did you sign up already?

Not yet, still figuring out my character.
I think I'll go with ArtsyKid if I'm going with the art character, I'll go ahead and download pesterchum.
Edit:
If the GMs are ok with VidGameKid I'll keep him, although I don't know what I'd have his weapons as. Controllers?

@SSotHL Hello.

So, what do you people think?

If there is ANYTHING you dont like about this sheet, just let me know and I'll change it ASAP.

One Seven One:

SamuelT:

One Seven One:
[...]
[...]

Not yet, still figuring out my character.
I think I'll go with ArtsyKid if I'm going with the art character, I'll go ahead and download pesterchum.
Edit:
If the GMs are ok with VidGameKid I'll keep him, although I don't know what I'd have his weapons as. Controllers?

@SSotHL Hello.

I know for a fact that a least one of the Gms is slightly disapproving of Vidgamekid,I think a image more originality would work better for you.

Alright, here's a sheet for an art loving kid.

I don't think my chosen chumhandle works so I may have to change it.

One Seven One:

I think for it to work you would need to write it as artsyKid. That seems to be the common form for all the handles.

Link_to_Future:

One Seven One:

I think for it to work you would need to write it as artsyKid. That seems to be the common form for all the handles.

Oh hey that worked, thank you very much.

So. Any word on when choices will be made regarding players?

SamuelT:
So. Any word on when choices will be made regarding players?

Sam's been on Skype today for all of 5 minutes,and Peacemaker's been gone for two days.
So no.

You know, this is one of those RP's that would really upset me if I don't get in. It looks so good! The mechanics and what-not actually make it feel like Homestuck is turned into an MMO. There should be a badge for making such an awesome RP!

i don't know:
You know, this is one of those RP's that would really upset me if I don't get in. It looks so good! The mechanics and what-not actually make it feel like Homestuck is turned into an MMO. I pray everyday day that I'll get in. There should be a badge for making such an awesome RP!

We all feel as such IDK but you don't have to keep going on about it,it makes you come off as a suck up,also,the "I pray every day I'll get in",comes off as a way to guilt trip your way into an RP,now I'll stop lecturing and go back to waiting for more people.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked