Anti Flugzeug (a World War 2/Steampunk RP, open to all)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

This is an alternative history it's World War 2, the Nazi's are Bringing the holocaust across Europe.
What's different, the technology both axis and Allies are using Steampunk.
quick note: you don't need to know a lot about Word War 2 or about Steampunk

Wild Interest has been caught!

I'll try to get a sheet going if I can find the time.

seconded, i would get a sheet too if your still interested in running the RP?

Squiggles:
seconded, i would get a sheet too if your still interested in running the RP?

I'd like to try I had really hoped this would work It's an interesting idea after all.

Also interest. We'll see if I can get into this all.

well hot damn, this thread can kick off it just took a few months.

I'd like a reserve spot, but are the PC's all Allies, or can we be axis,and do we have to be one of those 4 classes, or can we make one up?

Sheet is finished.

Note, by red hair I mean redhead, not traffic light coloured

Added a "Military record" section to give a little more character.
Air Chf Mshl Portal is Marshal of the Royal Air Force Charles Portal, who became MRAF in 19-something, but at the time was only an Air Chief Marshall

boboffire:
I'd like a reserve spot, but are the PC's all Allies, or can we be axis,and do we have to be one of those 3 classes, or can we make one up?

I couldn't think of any other form of Job the Army would have but if you can sell me that a certain Profession would be in the Army in a Steampunk WW2, I'll allow it.
also I Didn't want to include the Axis just yet because I just wanted the Main Story to happen, however if we get enough players I would certainly allow a small group (And I mean smaller than the Allies) to play as the Nazi's

Orinon:

boboffire:
I'd like a reserve spot, but are the PC's all Allies, or can we be axis,and do we have to be one of those 3 classes, or can we make one up?

I couldn't think of any other form of Job the Army would have but if you can sell me that a certain Profession would be in the Army in a Steampunk WW2, I'll allow it.
also I Didn't want to include the Axis just yet because I just wanted the Main Story to happen, however if we get enough players I would certainly allow a small group (And I mean smaller than the Allies) to play as the Nazi's

Thanks for clarifying. I've started my char so expect an edit on this post.

Do we want any character added here?

I see your asking about personality.
I can guess your thinking of a personality for your character but since this is interactive Narrative I feel we could easi;y bring across the personality simply by letting it flow through their actions and their words.
also Back-story is nice but I don't really want to press someone to make a life story, If you have one go ahead and type away, It could give us insight onto any obscure personality traits like why you carry that personal item with you.
also As the GM I shall have multiple Characters. Including Captain of the Squad, and the Three big baddies (I'm making up three evil people, because Steampunk Hitler is just disrespectful.)

Heres my sheet! Ive based it on an old table top game I used to play and I've wanted to refresh the character, if you don't want the parapsychologist stuff that's ok, I'll play as a straight doctor.

Squiggles:
Heres my sheet! Ive based it on an old table top game I used to play and I've wanted to refresh the character, if you don't want the parapsychologist stuff that's ok, I'll play as a straight doctor.

I am a horrible, horrible person, and I have no right to tell you to do anything, but this will bug me for the rest of the RP if I don't point it out now.

While I love the idea of a parapsychologist, one wouldn't be particularly useful in the field unless there was someone with possible psychic abilities, which I don't think is going to pop up in this RP (I could be wrong) and also, psychologists and psychiatrists in general wouldn't be particularly useful except in field hospitals.

Maybe a more suited field of medicine would be good?

Cap'n Ninja:

Squiggles:

I am a horrible, horrible person, and I have no right to tell you to do anything, but this will bug me for the rest of the RP if I don't point it out now.

While I love the idea of a parapsychologist, one wouldn't be particularly useful in the field unless there was someone with possible psychic abilities, which I don't think is going to pop up in this RP (I could be wrong) and also, psychologists and psychiatrists in general wouldn't be particularly useful except in field hospitals.

Maybe a more suited field of medicine would be good?

oh spoilers;)
however I would like to Notice that we have three definite characters. what I want to know is if I should wait longer or if three people is enough for an RP.
however we do have three classes being filled out.
Doctor, a pilot, and a soldier( though he's a stealth OP, which is useful)
But I would like to note that even though I said this was a stealth mission, this is supposed to be a new idea.
Don't forget That Britain had a habit of sticking to old traditional Warfare even though that just got Canadians killed.

Finished my sheet finally. I'm quite pleased with the end result.
EDIT: OK, now I'm done pruning.

its alright! i just threw it in there because i didnt know if you wanted super natural themes or not. just replace the parapsychologist stuff with chemist expertise and were golden!

Well
We seem to Have three characters, I could wait for more but considering this RP I better Not push it.
SO here comes Act 1
Scene 1
The Boat
It's nighttime on the Atlantic, The team however has only a few hours before they hit the Beaches, They must get to a bunker near Dunkirk, It would give them the explosives needed to complete their mission.
Due to the lateness of the hour the Team had only conversation to pass the time.

Benoit sat on the boat looking at the English women on the second bench. "Quiet are we? May English is not so good, but I can talk, what are your names, Mademoiselles?"

Alison paced the cabin impatiently, hair looped over one shoulder so she could fiddle with it. She ran her fingers through the locks nervously, not liking the cramped space of the cabin, tossed and thrown by the ocean. The dim of the cabin only served to add to her unease. Finally, she gave up on trying to cope with the looming death by water, instead electing to perch herself on the rim of the boat's toilet, trying as best she could not to vomit. "Sorry friends, I'm not much of one for the sea" she said. "I'm Flight Lieutenant Alison Snow by the way. You can call me Ali or Sn- Oh dear" caught short by a retch, Alison stopped, managing to keep her composure and her lunch, for the most part at least, she continued. "Ali or Snow will do fine though. I'm not fussy about names."

Can I please have a reserve? I'll have a sheet up sometime tomorrow night (assuming nothing prevents me from posting)

Viking Incognito:
Can I please have a reserve? I'll have a sheet up sometime tomorrow night (assuming nothing prevents me from posting)

go for it we only have a few players and I just don't want this thing to die before it can take off.

The rather proper woman among them gave a small sigh. Reaching into her officers coat with a gloved hand, she pulled a small container of pills and knelt down beside the dry retching Alison.
"Here.." she handed over three small white pills "Draxaprin, or motion sickness tablets, they should settle your stomach... If you can keep them down long enough, I cant have a member of my team caught prone" The lady caught her small smile and stood to face them both.
"Bonsoir soldat... I am Dr Jaquline, ill be the one keeping you alive through all of this..."
Her confidence was typical of most upper class MD's, bordering on arrogant.

"I thought that was my Job" came a rough voice as if the speaker had spent the last week practicing shouting. The speaker in question was a Man in a Maroon Coat, A rifle was strapped to his Back, and a pistol was tucked into his holster, on his coat were the badges of his Rank a Lieutenant.
Immediately The Group stood at attention As they had been trained to. The man walked to the prow of the boat where a bench rested,
"At ease Gents."
They then sat back down however Jaquiline raised her hand
"ummm No disrespect Sir. but two of us are women."
"The man lowered his chin abruptly looking down. They heard him sigh, he then sat on the bench where he could look at all of the Soldiers in the eye with only a small turn of the head.
"So Your my stealth Squad, I hope you know what yopu signed up for, this will not be easy. Now It's my job to keep you alive but I can't do it alone so I must ask that any order I give I expect it to be obeyed, I'll just give you these two things to remeber when I issue an order.
"One, I would never give an order I wouldn't do Myself
Two I won't consider this mission a complete success unless we all blow up that god-dammed airship and we ALL go home."
he didn't say any of this loudly he just put emphasis on the term.

"Sir, yes sir" Alison replied casually, too busy taking the draxa-whatever the good doctor had given her to fake the respect for authority she usually did. She knew it wasn't the motion that was making her sick, more likely something she ate, but she didn't want the doctor to feel slighted. The first time she had persuaded that poor pilot to take her up, he had tried to prove to her that she wasn't cut out for flying, and tried the most violent aerial manoeuvres he knew, but ended up just making her laugh as he nearly threw up down her back. Learning to fly hadn't been easy in the one-seater spitfire, but she's made do.
"Sir, just as an addendum, I signed up expecting there to be more than a pair of others who couldn't tell a Hurricane from a Tempest. After all, aerial combat is much easier against a squadron of Messerschmitts if you aren't the only other plane in the sky. I'm not saying I won't take the mission sir, that's obvious, but things will not be easy unless I have some form of backup."

Price looked at the Young girl
" Lt. Snow is it?"
Alison nodded.
"Well Let me inform you that theres a good chance we'll have reinforcements, I can't say how many but I do know that If your flying skills are needed we'll probably be able to find Someone who can keep the Bullets away from you."
He never raised his voice It just got lower, making them listen more closely.

"Flight Lieutenant, sir." Alison corrected, not having wanted to cross a line by contradicting him when he had something left to say. "I'm not looking for backup or a bullet sponge sir, I'm looking for a flight partner. A wingman, sir. There are manoeuvres you can't touch without someone watching your tail or to set up the move. A half-roll before a dive opens you up to sideline fire, sir. You need someone on you to watch, to tell you what's going on and to discourage any funny business from the enemy."

Price Nodded understanding.
"Well then let's hope if you ever need to fly a plane there'll be another pilot you can trust."

"If he can fly a plane and is on my side, I trust him" Alison said, her response something she believed in fully. No-one would ever do anything but their best if someone else's life was at stake, and anyone who didn't wasn't on her side. "So where are we making ground and what's our next move after that?" she asked, not wanting to isolate the others from the conversation. If she was going to be working with the pair, she probably had some making up to do about the Hurricane comment, though it probably was true.

"we're Landing at Dunkirk, there'll be a Stronghold hopefully it'll have reinforcements, We know it'll have some special explosives that we'll need to blow up that Airship."

Benoit sat silently on the end of the bench. Damned Britons, all of them overconfident and self righteous.
He decided to speak up. "As long as I can do my job, and you all do yours, this job should be quick and easy."

Jaquiline listened carefully, a hand to her pursed lips as she tried to recall the details of her debriefing.
"Sir... if i may?" she stepped forward slightly "I now this mission is on a need to know basis, and it is my job to make sure everyone here is fighting fit, but there are certain drugs and enhancements in my kit that behave contrary to their desired effect whilst in high altitudes.." She paused slightly realizing her statement may have put the others on edge about her tinctures and pills "So my question is, will the Airship be on its maiden voyage or will we be destroying it before it even leaves the woodwork?" Jaquiline made sure as to stand at attention, trying to keep her lecturing tone at a minimum, the last thing she needed was to be reprimanded for insubordination.. Again.

"Our hope is to get the airship while it's still grounded, otherwise we'd all get killed. Have you ever heard the reports? Well let me spare you the detailsand say what was left
Nothing."

So can I join?

Viking Incognito:
So can I join?

I'd say you can But I'll I'm afraid You might have to wait until the team arrives at dunkirk where you'll be the reinforcements

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked