Of Mages and Kings : A Twokinds RP (Interest Thread) (Final Selection is Up!)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Of Mages and Kings

A TwoKinds RP

GMed by Baldrek and RBMidknight

Please Note: This is not going to be the actual RP story thread. This thread is for expressing interest, getting questions answered, and character sheet submissions. A new thread will be created once the final selections are made and the RP is ready to begin. Thanks!

Introduction

It has been long since the events of the rebellion, the event that would change the face of the continent of Mekkan from being dominated by the Vast Human Empire and instead divide the land into a number of sovereign nations as it still exists to this day and age. The rebellion started out along the Human-Keidran borders as a simple understanding between the races that lived there, developing into a ceasefire and peace over time. However, this conflicted greatly with the policy of human superiority that the imperial rulers had attempted to ingrain into the heart of the nation. Seeing this as something that might evolve into slave uprisings and questioning of their practices, they retaliated with force, intending to spark war near the borders once more. Their plan backfired however, when the local populace both Human and Keidran alike decided that enough was enough, they had fought each other for far too long already. Eventually aided by the militaristic Basitin as well, they managed to fight back the Imperial forces who retreated to the Human Capital. The Azure Badlands, located in the path of the advancing Human-Keidran armies, feared the destruction that might be wrecked in their lands. As a result they declared themselves neutral in the conflict and renounced the imperial crown and banner, becoming what is today known as the 'Border Nations'. A big portion of their territory ceding from their rule, and with their armies battered and broken, the Empire petitioned for peace and a treaty was fashioned at the neutral ground of Lyn'Knoll. The treaty stated that the Templar order, a powerful order of magi under imperial command, would face immediate disbanding and the imperial military was to be reduced to one fourth of their current strength. In addition to this, all secessionist territory would be allowed to govern themselves, and that the territory of the Keidran and Basitin would remain theirs. Peace once again restored on Mekkan, a few years passed before various Keidran clans and ex-imperial territories formed the current republics. In the North there was the Arctic Republic, in the south the Republic of Felimarlch, and to the west there was the Republic of the Free lands where the rebellion had its origins.

The years have passed since that time, no one who still lives can say that they fought during those events. The races have grown closer in the republics, living side by side as equal individuals, free from slavery, but perhaps not entirely free from racial tension. In the border nations it is still like it has always been, numerous nations with each their own laws and views, seemingly differing every few miles, if not more often. In the Human Kingdom not much has changed, the human race is still regarded as superior, the other two kept in shackles by law and prejudice, forced to wear slave collars and being treated as the property of their betters, but even here some stand up for them, and the 'Resistance' has been busy freeing slaves as long as there have been slaves to free. And the Basitin Isles? Well, Basitin being Basitin, they are still fighting with each other, and enjoying every minute of it.

This RP is based on the world set up by the webcomic TwoKinds. You are not required to have to have previous knowledge of TwoKinds to join, but it's recommended that you take a look at it.

Character Template
(Note: The characters will be starting in the Port city of Median in the Republic of the Free lands, which is not too far from the Border nations.)

Name: (Guess what goes here.)
Race: (Human, Keidran or Basitin.)
Subspecies: (Only applicable if you're a Keidran or a Basitin. See the extra notes on different species under Keidran and Basitin.)
Profession: (What your character does, or did prior to the RP. Anyone who wants to play as a mage, or magic user has to PM both GMs.)
Physical description: (How your character looks. Height, weight, skin/fur colouration, hair colour, eye colour, build, etc. Clothes and stuff like that also goes here.)
Weapons: (If your character begins play with any weapons you write it down here, but keep in mind that your character isn't a walking arsenal.)
Other notable equipment: (Any other equipment that is not weapons and has story significance. Like 'Medical supplies', or 'lockpicks' or whatever.)
Backstory: (Your characters past, what made your character the person s/he is today?)
Additional notes: (Optional notes about your character that don't really fit any of the aforementioned points.)

Differences in Species

The Setting

Heh...Seems to be a very quiet evening to post this. Well, I think I can get into RPs again, and I think I can start with this one.

Is the Escapist just acting funny or has no one honestly posted? I'm working on mine right now.

Edit: NINJA RAGE!

Hmm. Consider myself interested. I'll make a sheet tomorrow.

And just to make sure on it, my character will be a Tiger Keidran.

Hmmm I shall make a post soon.

Well spank me sore and call me Charlie.

Ma'am, you got me hooked. A sheet shall be created later today.

Oh God, I keep telling myself I don't have time for RPs, but they're so promising... It's a conspiracy against me, I tell you.

When are you going to be starting this?

Oke here is my sheet. Also I must say that English isn't my first language and I got Dyslexia.

revolverwolf:
Oh God, I keep telling myself I don't have time for RPs, but they're so promising... It's a conspiracy against me, I tell you.

When are you going to be starting this?

Hello to you too Revolverwolf, and the initial thought was to start it after Easter is over and done with, so quite a while from now. Though it's not set in stone, especially since we know that there are a lot of exams and the like right about now, but not exactly when said exams are being held.

I can't tell if I'm doing this one or not...If I am,I'll edit a sheet into this post.

If anything needs editing, let me know.

Hey guys, just wanted to make a small note, when you're talking about languages your character can understand, you're going to want to use Human, not English. Thanks!

UnusualStranger:
Heh...Seems to be a very quiet evening to post this. Well, I think I can get into RPs again, and I think I can start with this one.

*sheet snip*

A few small nitpicks have been sent by PM, otherwise a good sheet.

Baldrek:

UnusualStranger:

*sheet snip*

A few small nitpicks have been sent by PM, otherwise a good sheet.

Corrections done, especially the foolish spelling errors on my part. Thanks for pointing them out, or they would persist all RP.

Lizmichi:
*snip*

UnusualStranger:
*snip*

Looks good.

Shanaar:
*snip*

Yumi_and_Erea:
*snip*

PM's with anything that needs editing have been sent.

Here it is.

If you're not okay with me playing both I'm fine with getting rid of either one of them - unless of course someone else wants to play or NPC him. (Yes, I used NPC as a verb.)

Fun fact: I rolled some dice to help myself get started (I ended up using only the name that came up - or rather the closest name to what I got), but at my roll for eyesight (because I can), I rolled a 2 on a d20. In other words, a failure. Blind. Those who were in Rain's 2Kinds RP know the stupid, stupid, stupid coincidence that this is.

I have updated my sheet, now providing more information on Leva her work, as well as including an edit on her linguistics. Hopefully this'll do.

I'm typing up a sheet at the moment. I'll post it tonight or tomorrow, depending on if I can get it finished before I go to bed.

Yumi_and_Erea:
*snip*

Splendid, good sir. Seems good and all is well.

Sir Strange Of The House Lycan:
*snip*

Blasphemous Rex:
*snip*

Any edits have been sent by PM, but looking good.

All edits made, Baldrek.

Blasphemous Rex:
*snip*

Looks good.

Sheet updated,hopefully confusing things and miscellaneous problems have been sorted.

I'm interested, but I have no time to read fully/write a sheet. I'll get back to you when I have spare time.

Also, if this is based off/inspired by a web-comic, where can i find somewhere to read it?

I updated my sheet, It seems part of my dyslexia was to blame for it. Thinking faster then I type and forgetting words because of it.

ThreeWords:
*Snip* Also, if this is based off/inspired by a web-comic, where can i find somewhere to read it?

Here's the Twokinds comic.
Here's the first page.

Shanaar:
*snip*

Sir Strange Of The House Lycan:
*snip*

They're good to go. Now you just need to wait for the selection.

I'm still trying to find what to write in my sheet. I seem to be caught with a case of writer's block, unfortunately...
I'll still try to write the sheet.

Lambi:
I'm still trying to find what to write in my sheet. I seem to be caught with a case of writer's block, unfortunately...

It helped me to get a big list for each category and roll dice. I didn't use any of what I got but it got me started, and maybe once you do get started it'll be easier. Just a suggestion.

Blasphemous Rex:

Lambi:

It helped me to get a big list for each category and roll dice. I didn't use any of what I got but it got me started, and maybe once you do get started it'll be easier. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've only got Profession, Weapons and Backstory to write right now, and that's proving to be a little challenging. Since I want my character to use a sword (I have a thing for them) and I was given a few choices for a profession that would use one, or that would know how to use one.

Lambi:

Blasphemous Rex:
*snip*

Thanks for the suggestion. I've only got Profession, Weapons and Backstory to write right now, and that's proving to be a little challenging. Since I want my character to use a sword (I have a thing for them) and I was given a few choices for a profession that would use one, or that would know how to use one.

Perhaps what helped me more than the dice was the lists. Making a list of every profession that came to mind (yes, even the stupid ones) got me thinking about a lot of different kind of jobs. I already knew I wanted to play something that was atypical to what I've normally seen in RPs, so I aimed my list towards those kinds of things. Maybe it'll help.

Lambi:

You can always choose outside the professions we sent you, they were merely suggestions. There are of course a lot more professions who would/could know how to use a sword, even a common farmer if he spent a little time in the local militia. So you shouldn't feel limited by that list.

Baldrek:
You can always choose outside the professions we sent you, they were merely suggestions. There are of course a lot more professions who would/could know how to use a sword, even a common farmer if he spent a little time in the local militia. So you shouldn't feel limited by that list.

Yeah, I know. I just sometimes have a little trouble thinking outside the box, so to say. I'll come up with something.

Anything that needs editing, removing or something to add, just let me know.

Lambi:
*snip*

Seems fine, a few small points that need editing have been sent by PM.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked