The Lucky Ones,A Superhero/Fantasy RP with an idea (Closed,Starting)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Lucky Ones

An Rp With idea

Hello there folks, In this RP I will be using a new mechanic that will hopefully force you to play roles you aren't used to playing. You will be using a dice chart (In the spoiler below) to give you a basic template of your characters, which you will then flesh out further and give more character to the roles you are given by fate. Some parts of the chart are optional, which are distinguished by being labeled as such in brackets beside the aspect.

You probably noticed, and by probably I mean definitely, the super power chart at the end of the list itself, which I will now explain. Since this RP is the test for the dice chart idea, I have decided to make a super hero RP. However, I have made a slight twist to this.The setting is a fantasy setting, much like Medieval Europe, with a system of "If you have the power to take something do so". The origin of the powers is unknown, and therefore considered to be witchcraft, wizardry, divine gifts or all of the above. As such, the people who have been gifted with them, known as "Scions", are a mixture of hated, feared and worshipped by the populace.

For those of you who do not themselves posses a set of advanced Dice, Follow this link:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm
Voukras will be Co-Gming and assisting me with nitpicking and figuring out if any of you have disregarded the idea this RP centers around and just made a character from scratch. Remember, this RP is about trying you out in roles you're not used to.

Color me interested, if you'll take me.

Just to say giving someone no choice in who they are playing probably isn't too good an idea.

avouleance2nd:
Just to say giving someone no choice in who they are playing probably isn't too good an idea.

That's the entire point of the exercise,to make someone play as something they normally wouldn't,and there is choice,the personality and background aspects aren't "You have to do exactly this",it's "This is something you must have in your general area,but apart from that it's up to you.",and most of the physical things are optional.

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon:
Color me interested, if you'll take me.

Good sir,I'll be glad to take anyone I know is at least partially good at RPing.

This sounds like a fun way to play. I'm in.

MaltaElvoret:
This sounds like a fun way to play. I'm in.

Welcome aboard.

I'd be interested, but for the fact that I have a distressing tendency to fade out of Internet RPs over the course of about 3 months. I would be perfectly willing to try this out, were I sure I could make the commitment to this that it requires.

RagnorakTres:
I'd be interested, but for the fact that I have a distressing tendency to fade out of Internet RPs over the course of about 3 months. I would be perfectly willing to try this out, were I sure I could make the commitment to this that it requires.

Don't worry about that. If you wish it, then you're in, we'll just avoid giving you any plot-critical role until you can fully commit.

Voukras:

RagnorakTres:

Don't worry about that. If you wish it, then you're in, we'll just avoid giving you any plot-critical role until you can fully commit.

Hm, alright. I'll roll up a character within the hour. Thanks for the understanding, I always feel a bit shit when I wind up just fading out. :\

Odd character huh... I think I'll... Enjoy this character.

Odd character huh... I think I'll... Enjoy this character.

Awesome,I'll get you in the OP
And you too,but you can reroll if you want,considering how close you are to FARDs.

can I be put on a waiting list for when I am finished with and RP (4 at the moment and already planning a 5th one for after exams but this is interesting enough that I want to make a character for it)?

nuba km:
can I be put on a waiting list for when I am finished with and RP (4 at the moment and already planning a 5th one for after exams but this is interesting enough that I want to make a character for it)?

Nuba,knowing your nature,I'm going to have to say yes,but on a very tight leash.Try your best to have good spelling and grammar,adhere to the "No less than three line posts rule" and absolutely,and I mean I will call down the Iyuo elders to destroy you,godmodding or mary sueing,okay?

Sir Strange Of The House Lycan:

nuba km:

Nuba,knowing your nature,I'm going to have to say yes,but on a very tight leash.Try your best to have good spelling and grammar,adhere to the "No less than three line posts rule" and absolutely,and I mean I will call down the Iyuo elders to destroy you,godmodding or mary sueing,okay?

yea sorry about that in the classy guy RP again. After you mentioned it I looked back and realised, I always picked something really powerful but that was and accident, it doesn't really happen with any of the other RPs I am in, and to show how sorry I am I will read over my character sheet 5 times making sure to find all grammar and spelling mistakes.

nuba km:

nuba km:

yea sorry about that in the classy guy RP again. After you mentioned it I looked back and realized, I always picked something really powerful but that was and accident, it doesn't really happen with any of the other RPs I am in, and to show how sorry I am I will read over my character sheet 5 times making sure to find all grammar and spelling mistakes.

Okay.I'll keep you a place,get to work on a sheet.

You have interested me, good sir. I am working on a sheet right now.

Lambi:
You have interested me, good sir. I am working on a sheet right now.

Nice to have you aboard old,old,old,old,old,old friend.

I have a question what exactly does advance healing factors mean does that mean I will quickly heal cuts and bruises but not missing limps or does it mean I can heal others?

Edit: Also does hidden background mean your character doesn't know it other characters don't know it?

nuba km:
I have a question what exactly does advance healing factors mean does that mean I will quickly heal cuts and bruises but not missing limps or does it mean I can heal others?

You'll be able to recover from everything but decapitation,but limbs will take a while to grow back,and bones won't form back properly without splints.Cuts,bruises and other flesh wounds will heal fair quickly,lumps of flesh won't.And Hidden can either mean what you said,a origin unknown by the person or anyone around them,or that they've been hidden from forces,like the military.

EDIT:

I think this is a much more interesting character.

nuba km:

just reminding that I just would like this character on a waiting list for 9-10weeks and then of course till there is a space open, but when/if I get to join this sound like a interesting character.

Separate the paragraps,extend the personality,merge the hair into one section and Life not Live.Also,we're starting this as soon as we have 5 characters,so that's gonna be a matter of days,if not hours,not weeks.

OK, this is taking a while longer than I thought it would. I may or may not have this done tonight.

nuba km:

just reminding that I just would like this character on a waiting list for 9-10weeks and then of course till there is a space open, but when/if I get to join this sound like a interesting character.

Separate the paragraps,extend the personality,merge the hair into one section and Life not Live.Also,we're starting this as soon as we have 5 characters,so that's gonna be a matter of days,if not hours,not weeks.

I have now made the changes and the 9-10 weeks thing is about the fact that I would like to be on the waiting list for this RP, as in 4 weeks I will be doing exams for 5 weeks. In fact I was planing not to even put up my character for any RP but this is just too interesting to pass up on.

RagnorakTres:
OK, this is taking a while longer than I thought it would. I may or may not have this done tonight.

Okay,take your time.

nuba km:

nuba km:

I have now made the changes and the 9-10 weeks thing is about the fact that I would like to be on the waiting list for this RP, as in 4 weeks I will be doing exams for 5 weeks. In fact I was planing not to even put up my character for any RP but this is just too interesting to pass up on.

Ah okay,sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hope it's a good one.

Lambi:

Hope it's a good one.

Excellent sheet,I'll add it to the OP.

Yes, I think I will.

SamuelT:
Yes, I think I will.

Love it,adding it to OP.

Quick question, how fast is Super Speed? Like, run up walls and on water fast or too quick to see fast?

SamuelT:
Yes, I think I will.

Love it,adding it to OP.

Right. Thanks for that, but I've read through the other sheets, and all follow the same trend of family murder. Mind if I reroll?

Quick question, how fast is Super Speed? Like, run up walls and on water fast or too quick to see fast?

As in flash step like speeds.

SamuelT:

SamuelT:
Yes, I think I will.

Love it,adding it to OP.

Right. Thanks for that, but I've read through the other sheets, and all follow the same trend of family murder. Mind if I reroll?

Yeah go ahead

I don't know if I'll join up in this RP but I've got to say you can make some odd characters. If I do end up playing, expect a 6'8" obese dude.

I never did say in my character's background how she found out about her powers. I can add that if you want.

Edit: Added it to her background and fixed a few errors. You can put it in the OP again now as it is.

I think this warrants a new post. I rolled anew; got a few things the same however. Tell me if this is acceptable.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked