The Lucky Ones,A Superhero/Fantasy RP with an idea (Closed,Starting)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Irony's Acolyte:
I don't know if I'll join up in this RP but I've got to say you can make some odd characters. If I do end up playing, expect a 6'8" obese dude.

I can't tell if you've missed the point entirely or if you're saying you'll get really high scores.

Lambi:
I never did say in my character's background how she found out about her powers. I can add that if you want.

Edit: Added it to her background and fixed a few errors. You can put it in the OP again now as it is.

I'm at a friends house at the moment,so I'll update it when I get home.

SamuelT:
I think this warrants a new post. I rolled anew; got a few things the same however. Tell me if this is acceptable.

Excellent,I'll add it when I go home.

This just sounds too weird and fun NOT to do.

...O.K. maybe this got too weird...

I have to go at the moment, but I'll fill out the details later. It may have to involve time travel.

Fishtie:
This just sounds too weird and fun NOT to do.

...O.K. maybe this got too weird...

I have to go at the moment, but I'll fill out the details later. It may have to involve time travel.

...Okay then.

SamuelT:
I think this warrants a new post. I rolled anew; got a few things the same however. Tell me if this is acceptable.

Filled in some missing things, such as appearance. Sorry.

SamuelT:

SamuelT:

Filled in some missing things, such as appearance. Sorry.

S#alright,would you mind getting us our fifth person?

Sir Strange Of The House Lycan:

Sorry, what do you mean by this exactly?

SamuelT:

Recruiting someone to join the RP.We're not starting until we have 5 full sheets.

SamuelT:

Recruiting someone to join the RP.We're not starting until we have 5 full sheets.

Oh. Um, sure? I'll see what I can do.

SamuelT:

SamuelT:

Oh. Um, sure? I'll see what I can do.

Thank ye kindly.

On Sammy's invite, I'll have a sheet up within the hour. Gotta admit, I do like the idea of not having direct control over what your character is...should be an interesting RP.

I'll probably add more in tomorrow. But for now, I'm fairly happy with it.

Time Travelling Toaster:
On Sammy's invite, I'll have a sheet up within the hour. Gotta admit, I do like the idea of not having direct control over what your character is...should be an interesting RP.

Snap. Thanks man. :)

Time Travelling Toaster:

I'll probably add more in tomorrow. But for now, I'm fairly happy with it.

Just two complaints,it's "Iyuo" not "Lyuo",and Scions are considered the holiest beings in the world by the people of Iyuo,so you may want to explain that bit about being the devil a bit more or change it.Apart from that I'm happy with it and will add it to the sheet later.

With the addition of our fifth sheet,I'll get to work on a starting post and pinning mine and V's Character sheets.

I'd love to join this, if I'm not too late! I won't be able to do my sheet for a few hours though, don't have much time right now.

Done and done, my bad on both accounts.

Time Travelling Toaster:

Done and done, my bad on both accounts.

Excellent,And s'alright,remember a while back in your Underworld RP I made had a massive cock up,it would be hypocritical to penalize you for something like that.

Anyway,It might be best if you all set up your characters with opening posts,I'll gte to work making some coherent plot out of this mess.

Hey there, I was curious whether or not you'd be ok to let someone new to forum gaming on. Say for instance, me (assuming your game isn't yet full). I've been an avid tabletop role-player for a few years now but havn't ever played in a forum setting.

Let me know and I'll get to work on a character if you say yes. If you say no well I may make a character just for the fun of it and to test your system out. I'll find a way to use the character I make somewhere I assure you.

Steve.CyborgCoconut:
Hey there, I was curious whether or not you'd be ok to let someone new to forum gaming on. Say for instance, me (assuming your game isn't yet full). I've been an avid tabletop role-player for a few years now but havn't ever played in a forum setting.

Let me know and I'll get to work on a character if you say yes. If you say no well I may make a character just for the fun of it and to test your system out. I'll find a way to use the character I make somewhere I assure you.

Well,I was originally aiming for only 5 character sheets,excluding mine and my Co-Gms,but if you make the character and PM me,I'll have a look and see if I'll make an exception.

Welp, as you didn't reply I shall upload my character sheet anyway. As the above poster, I'll use her one day anyway I'm sure :) Please let me know if there is space for her.

EDIT - sorry, we posted about the same time!

Srrrh:
Welp, as you didn't reply I shall upload my character sheet anyway. As the above poster, I'll use her one day anyway I'm sure :) Please let me know if there is space for her.

Good lord,I like this one...We'll see how good Steve's is,and then I'll see who get's in.

EDIT:I have seen the second sheet and I'm sorry to say that at the urging of my Co-GM we'll be going with this one.

So, we starting soon? *Impatient person is impatient*

Srrrh:

Good lord,I like this one...We'll see how good Steve's is,and then I'll see who get's in.

EDIT:I have seen the second sheet and I'm sorry to say that at the urging of my Co-GM we'll be going with this one.

I'll be editing this into a story post in the morning,so get to work planning your OPs/typing them up after this one.

Srrrh:

Well thank you for looking over the sheet I sent you. Hope you have a good game :)

Can I get in a late sheet? I only just got back from a mission holiday in Turkey and this looks totally sweet. I promise I would be a useful addition to the playing roster and not just be a stupid useless disappearing vagabond.

[sheet follows]

Theophilus Ramachander

Male
    5'8"
    Muscular
    Short Hair, blond
    Farmer
    Survival
    Sarcastic
    The Tharblae Marshes
    Reactive Evolution

So far, I've got an eight year old farmer's son, whose power of reactive evolution has caused him to grow as tall and as strong as a well built teen though despite his grown up body he still has a simple, child-like mind. His blond hair is cut short in mourning, for he has been running from raiders who killed his family after hearing about 'a devil-boy who grew too fast'. His powers have allowed him to survive so far, but he still bears emotional scars which he hides beneath a veil of sarcasm.
I think he shall be an enormously powerful yet psychologically weak character, prone to violence but vulnerable to manipulation.

No time now, for jet lag is forcing me to sleep, but detail will follow, I promise.

ThreeWords:
Theophilus Ramachander

Male
    5'8"
    Muscular
    Short Hair, blond
    Farmer
    Survival
    Sarcastic
    The Tharblae Marshes
    Reactive Evolution

So far, I've got an eight year old farmer's son, whose power of reactive evolution has caused him to grow as tall and as strong as a well built teen though despite his grown up body he still has a simple, child-like mind. His blond hair is cut short in mourning, for he has been running from raiders who killed his family after hearing about 'a devil-boy who grew too fast'. His powers have allowed him to survive so far, but he still bears emotional scars which he hides beneath a veil of sarcasm.
I think he shall be an enormously powerful yet psychologically weak character, prone to violence but vulnerable to manipulation.

No time now, for jet lag is forcing me to sleep, but detail will follow, I promise.

Goddamnit...Okay we can't fit you in as a main character,I'll PM you when we need a villain,okay?

Godyeezdamnit people. Is there no other backstory than 'lost family caused stuff'? It's a bit disheartening to see so many people use the same trope.

SamuelT:
Godyeezdamnit people. Is there no other backstory than 'lost family caused stuff'? It's a bit disheartening to see so many people use the same trope.

Yeah I'd have to agree,but what can you do,all people who are heroes have rolled the tragic or survival or other back stories that force them to use it,and I'm delegating OP post duties to V,no more OOC beyond this post.

SamuelT:

Yeah I'd have to agree,but what can you do,all people who are heroes have rolled the tragic or survival or other back stories that force them to use it,and I'm delegating OP post duties to V,no more OOC beyond this post.

I'll edit some if you want a villain instead...

Theophilus Ramachander

Male
    5'8"
    Muscular
    Short Hair, blond
    Farmer
    Survival
    Sarcastic
    The Tharblae Marshes
    Reactive Evolution

Theophilius doesn't know quite what he is. Certainly he is not a human; for he has watched the boys of his age who live in the village, and they are not as he is. They run and play, and have not a care in the world. They have parents who look after them, and indeed they need looking after, for their frames are brittle, their bodies slow and weak. Not so Theophilius, who stands twice their height, moves faster than their eyes can follow, and has been alone for as long as he can remember.

Perhaps he is a devil, for he knows to his shame the animalistic drive that comes over him when he nears a true human, their horrifying way their bodies splinter and tear in his hands, and the deep, secret joy as he hears in their screams and smells in the scent of their blood. He thinks, deep in his heart, that it is this that has made him alone, for perhaps it was not through spite that he has never known his parents...

There is a deserted farm building, away in the mountains, where he goes when he needs shelter. He doesn't know why he is drawn to that p[lace, but is the closest to home he has ever felt. In the surrounding land, he has cultivated the descendants of the crops once grown their, and he takes a quiet joy in his plants, for they are the one area of his life not tainted by the beast in his depths.

ThreeWords:

SamuelT:

I'll edit some if you want a villain instead...

Theophilus Ramachander

Male
    5'8"
    Muscular
    Short Hair, blond
    Farmer
    Survival
    Sarcastic
    The Tharblae Marshes
    Reactive Evolution

Theophilius doesn't know quite what he is. Certainly he is not a human; for he has watched the boys of his age who live in the village, and they are not as he is. They run and play, and have not a care in the world. They have parents who look after them, and indeed they need looking after, for their frames are brittle, their bodies slow and weak. Not so Theophilius, who stands twice their height, moves faster than their eyes can follow, and has been alone for as long as he can remember.

Perhaps he is a devil, for he knows to his shame the animalistic drive that comes over him when he nears a true human, their horrifying way their bodies splinter and tear in his hands, and the deep, secret joy as he hears in their screams and smells in the scent of their blood. He thinks, deep in his heart, that it is this that has made him alone, for perhaps it was not through spite that he has never known his parents...

There is a deserted farm building, away in the mountains, where he goes when he needs shelter. He doesn't know why he is drawn to that p[lace, but is the closest to home he has ever felt. In the surrounding land, he has cultivated the descendants of the crops once grown their, and he takes a quiet joy in his plants, for they are the one area of his life not tainted by the beast in his depths.

You should have PMed me,but oh well.sounds good,I'll tell you when we introduce you.

Will it start soon? This'll be one of my first RPs on this forum, I'm looking forward to it!

This RP has officially begun:

"NO!"

Saraswati woke suddenly, sweating, staring into the darkness. As she calmed, her eyes became accustomed to the gloom.

Back in the cell then.

Something was different, though she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Her head was still filled with visions of torture and pain. This, coupled with the drugs, made it far too difficult to think straight.

She waited. And waited. It was impossible to say how much time had passed, of course, but still it seemed an awfully long time before she was able to get her brain in some semblance of working order. As soon as she did, of course, she realised what was new.

She had woken up suddenly.

Since she'd been in this nightmare - how long had it been now, days? weeks? months, even? - she had only had the haziest idea of what was going on. There were only two states - murky sort of conciousness, where she could take stock of her surroundings but her mind was too clogged up to think straight, and horrific, intense pain.

But this time, instead of swimming slowly up to waking, she had bolted straight upright and was awake immediately. Still in a lot of pain, and it had taken her a long time to be able to muster her thoughts, but still...had they lowered the dose, either by accident or design? Or was she becoming more and more immune to it?

No use in worrying about the "whys" now. Eyeing the lock on the rusty barred door in front of her, she pushed at it with her mind.

Nothing. The drug must still be potent enough to block her powers. Fine, then: escape the old fashioned way. Clutching the wall, she staggered to her feet, only to find her body was much weakened. After a few tentative steps, she found it easier to crawl, and so she did so.

Through the bars of her cell, she could see another across the dank corridor. And was that a figure huddled against the back wall?

"Hey...psst! Hey you!"

NO!

Agni heard the sound, the wonderous sound, cut straight through her trance-like state. She opened her eyes with great difficulty, and found herself at the back of a dimly lit cel, hugging her own legs. She tried to move them, but felt them almost inoperable. She tried to even lift her head but her neck was too sore to even think of moving.

Hey...psst! Hey you!

She very slowly turned her head to the front of her cell; the one place where a dim source of light shone. She could see only one more, the one directly opposed to hers. She could faintly make out a face, trying to catch a look at her. Instinctively, Agni tried to adjust her scarf. She breathed sharply when she found out it had been taken from her. She pulled up her shirt to past her nove, hiding the bottom of her face. She winced as the rough fabric passed the numerous small wounds on her back.

Breathing deeply, she slowly pulled herself across the rough stone ground of her cell, trying to not faint of the pain combined with her still somewhat-sluggyness of her trancelike state from earlier. As she reached the front of her cell, she saw the one that had woken her.

"A-are you a faerie?" Agni said in the tounge of the Tharblae.

Madlyn did not care for the sudden noise she heard. Her ginger hair reached just below her shoulders, all messy. The torture and pain she had been through reminded her of the sweet times she'd had in her basement. She gave a low chuckle, not able to move or do much. Right now, being as weak as she was, it wasn't good to be as muscular as she was.

She lay there on the ground on her back, looking up at the ceiling. Who could have brought her here, she wondered. And why. For what purpose was she there? Whatever it was, the person who had put her through what she loved to do would get a taste of their own medicine. Oh, how she'd love to do that.

She looked around while she lay there. Nothing much to see in this darkness. Nothing worthy of being seen, probably. She just knew she had to try and escape, however she'd do so. She'd tried to teleport out of her cell, but to no avail. She was unable to do so. The sound of her shackles as she moved brought happy memories to her. She'd have to remember to polish her own once she'd get back home.

She rolled onto her front and stared out of her bars. Another prisoner in a cell, just like she was. With difficulty, she crawled to her bars to try and get a better look at the person. "Oi! Who's there?" she said, her voice sounding a little dry.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here