Mortal Kombat 1 Kombat Pack

Mortal Kombat 1 Reveals Umgadi and Official Kombat Pack Superheroes

Today has been an informative one for Mortal Kombat fans at San Diego Comic Con. For starters, the Umgadi warriors were revealed to be a part of the base game in Mortal Kombat 1. But the bigger news is the official Kombat Pack roster. Yes, the rumors are true: Peacemaker, Homelander, and Omni-Man are all coming to Mortal Kombat 1 as part of the Kombat Pack.

Recommended Videos

Check out the reveal below:

I have to say, NetherRealm Studios did a great job of making Omni-Man look consistent artistically with the other characters. Of course, Homelander is based on Anthony Starr’s take on the character, and Peacemaker is based on John Cena’s portrayal.

Here are all the characters included in the Kombat Pack:

• Omni-Man
  • Quan Chi
  • Peacemaker
  • Ermac
  • Homelander
  • Takeda

The release window for most of these characters is unknown. The only date listed is Spring 2024 for Homelander.

In addition, the first look at the Umgadi warriors was also shown off:

Here are the combatants confirmed in this trailer:

• Tanya
  • Li Mei
  • Baraka
  • Khameleon (Kameo)
  • Darrius (Kameo)

These are some great deep cuts. Personally, I am so happy to see Tanya and Khameleon again. It has been years!

Story-wise, Mortal Kombat 1 looks quite interesting. I like the implications of the disease called Tarkat, which disfigures Millenna and Baraka. I hope they join forces!

Mortal Kombat 1 is coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, Windows PC, and Xbox Series X|S on Sept. 19.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Matthew Mercer Pulls Off a Shocking Critical Role First
Read Article Taylor Swift Fans Think Her New Album Confirms Her Role in Deadpool & Wolverine
Dazzler using her powers in Marvel Comics.
Read Article FFXIV is Bringing Further Updates to Benchmark and Character Creation
A screenshot from the Final Fantasy XIV benchmark
Related Content
Read Article Matthew Mercer Pulls Off a Shocking Critical Role First
Read Article Taylor Swift Fans Think Her New Album Confirms Her Role in Deadpool & Wolverine
Dazzler using her powers in Marvel Comics.
Read Article FFXIV is Bringing Further Updates to Benchmark and Character Creation
A screenshot from the Final Fantasy XIV benchmark
Author
Arthur Damian
Arthur Damian has been covering the video game industry for over ten years, and joined The Escapist in 2022. He is a huge fan of platformers, indies, and fighting games, and strives to cover them for The Escapist every chance he gets. Arthur received his Bachelor’s Degree in English from Brooklyn College in 2009. He is also the Editor-in-Chief over at That VideoGame Blog. When he isn’t writing, Arthur enjoys playing games on his Switch and PlayStation 5, and sings the praises of the greatest video game ever, Chrono Trigger, to anyone who will listen.