Castlevania: Nocturne release date Netflix September 28, 2023

Castlevania: Nocturne Cracks Its Whip on Netflix This September

Back in June of last year, Netflix announced animated series Castlevania: Nocturne. Only seconds of footage was shown, but it was confirmed the series would star Richter Belmont, the lead character of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and a supporting member of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Sadly, no release date was shared back then, but now we have a solid one. Castlevania: Nocturne will premiere on Netflix with a release date of September 28, 2023 and a teaser trailer will be shown off tomorrow.

Recommended Videos

The September announcement for Castlevania: Nocturne was shared via Twitter / X (sigh):

Nocturne follows after the original Netflix Castlevania series aired for four seasons. That story followed Trevor Belmont and Sypha Belnades, Richter’s ancestors. Alucard, son of Dracula, also featured prominently and is the star of Symphony of the Night. I think there is a chance Alucard and Richter will cross paths in the new series, with the immortal vampire telling the Belmont how his relative was an ass.

Conversely, the new show could follow Rondo of Blood‘s plot. That video game was about Richter’s own quest to defeat Dracula while saving various maidens along the way, including his eventual friend, Maria Renard.

Personally, I am more excited about Nocturne and its imminent Netflix release date than the original Castlevania series. I thought the first two seasons were great, but then my interest fell off once the gang defeated Dracula. In my opinion, Richter is the best Belmont, due to his impressive and unique move set. Hopefully, he will be pulling off his patented Blade Dash and Jumping Slide in the show.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’ Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug to Be Fixed in Upcoming Patch
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Related Content
Read Article Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’ Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug to Be Fixed in Upcoming Patch
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Author
Arthur Damian
Arthur Damian has been covering the video game industry for over ten years, and joined The Escapist in 2022. He is a huge fan of platformers, indies, and fighting games, and strives to cover them for The Escapist every chance he gets. Arthur received his Bachelor’s Degree in English from Brooklyn College in 2009. He is also the Editor-in-Chief over at That VideoGame Blog. When he isn’t writing, Arthur enjoys playing games on his Switch and PlayStation 5, and sings the praises of the greatest video game ever, Chrono Trigger, to anyone who will listen.