January 25, 2023 Xbox Bethesda Developer Direct Developer_Direct showcase updates Redfall Minecraft Legends Forza Motorsport The Elder Scrolls Online ESO Microsoft no Starfield

Xbox & Bethesda Developer Direct Showcase Will Feature Big Games This Month

Xbox and Bethesda have announced a Developer Direct (stylized “Developer_Direct”) showcase featuring updates straight from the developers on previously announced games including Forza Motorsport, Minecraft Legends, Redfall, and even The Elder Scrolls Online. The showcase airs on January 25, 2023, at 3 p.m. ET / noon PT and will be streamed on Twitch and YouTube.

Recommended Videos

Interestingly enough, Microsoft’s flagship 2023 game, Starfield, won’t be present at the event, but instead it will have its own showcase at some point in the future.

The Developer Direct livestream will also cover games coming to Xbox, PC, and Game Pass “over the next few months,” according to the blog post from Microsoft. The company highlights a handful of games, but it’s unclear if the event will have any additional surprises in store.

In terms of the showcase itself, Microsoft will present an update on Forza Motorsport‘s development and will offer “exciting new details,” as well as gameplay. Likewise, we’ll get an exclusive look at gameplay for upcoming action-strategy game Minecraft Legends. 

Redfall, the next game from developer Arkane Austin, will make an appearance at the showcase as well, with “several minutes” of multiplayer gameplay. Finally, the Xbox Developer Direct will include The Elder Scrolls Online, specifically focusing on an upcoming Chapter update. After the Developer Direct, Zenimax Online Studios will host a dedicated ESO Chapter Reveal Event, offering more details about the game’s upcoming update.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’ Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug to Be Fixed in Upcoming Patch
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Related Content
Read Article Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’ Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug to Be Fixed in Upcoming Patch
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Author
Joseph Yaden
I'm Joseph! I love Nintendo and horror games. When I'm not writing about video games I can usually be found petting my cats and listening to some Progressive Metal. Meshuggah is tight.