No Place for Bravery release date September 22, 2022 delay Q3 2022 Ysbryd Games Glitch Factory PC Steam Nintendo Switch

No Place for Bravery Delivers Brutal, Beautiful Action to Switch & PC This September

Publisher Ysbryd Games and developer Glitch Factory have announced a September 22, 2022 release date for story-driven action RPG No Place for Bravery on Nintendo Switch and PC. The top-down 2D game has been in the works for a few years now, drawing gameplay influence from Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice but telling a story of strained father-child relationships. It aims to be satisfying both as a gameplay and narrative experience, as the No Place for Bravery release date trailer reflects.

Recommended Videos

The premise of the game is that retired soldier Thorn has become a tavern keeper, but he takes up the sword again when it seems that his missing daughter Leaf has resurfaced. Thorn’s foster son Phid will accompany him on the ensuing journey and need Thorn’s protection. The world of Dewr is harsh, containing “(c)olossal foes and roving gangs,” so there will be a lot of blood involved in this journey. Like in Sekiro, combat success entails dodging and parrying, managing stamina, and using new weapons and items that you find in your travels.

“The fantastical spaces of video games allow us to explore important questions about our real-life roles and responsibilities,” said Glitch Factory developer Matheus Queiroz alongside the No Place for Bravery release date announcement. “In the exaggerated fantasy of Dewr, we can test Thorn’s role as a father against extreme conditions you can’t replicate in the real world. At those extremes, No Place for Bravery ponders the difference between a rescue mission and a vengeful crusade.”

The Escapist interviewed Ysbryd and Glitch Factory about No Place for Bravery back in 2020, where they discussed how heavy and emotional this tale will become. The game will retail for $19.99 on Switch and PC this September.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Pokemon Sleep Confirms Entei as Next Legendary Pokemon Players Can Catch
Image of Entei in front of a fiery background, with the Pokemon Sleep logo in the corner
Read Article Critical Role Announces Candela Obscura Live Show & When Tickets Go on Sale
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Related Content
Read Article Pokemon Sleep Confirms Entei as Next Legendary Pokemon Players Can Catch
Image of Entei in front of a fiery background, with the Pokemon Sleep logo in the corner
Read Article Critical Role Announces Candela Obscura Live Show & When Tickets Go on Sale
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.