Soul Hackers 2 release date announcement trailer August 26, 2022 Atlus PS4 PS5 Xbox One Series X S PC PlayStation 4 5 JRPG RPG

Soul Hackers 2 Trailer from Atlus Reveals a War of Demon Summoners

Atlus has revealed the announcement trailer for Soul Hackers 2, which is coming to PlayStation 4 (PS4), PlayStation 5 (PS5), Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, and PC with an August 26, 2022 release date. This title will evolve what began with Devil Summoner: Soul Hacker, bringing a “more defined” art style, “addictive RPG gameplay,” and “next-level storytelling” from Atlus. The Soul Hackers 2 announcement trailer can at least emphasize the defined art style, with its slick cities and digital landscapes. There is also no mistaking that this exists as part of the broader Shin Megami Tensei franchise.

Recommended Videos

Plot details are scarce at the moment, but there is a war between demon summoners and you are trying to “decrypt destiny” to stop a brewing apocalypse. The story will focus on Ringo and Figure, two Agents of Aion, and you can probably expect a whole lot of intrigue, betrayals, and revelations. Eiji Ishida and Mitsuru Hirata are producing and directing Soul Hackers 2, with music by MONACA and character designs by Shirow Miwa and Production Manager Shinjiro Takata.

Soul Hackers 2 has its August release date set, and when it arrives, it will have been more than nine years since Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers launched on Nintendo 3DS in the West. Prior to that, the game had originally released on Sega Saturn and PlayStation 1 in Japan. Soul Hackers 2 has been a long time coming.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Read Article Xbox & X-Men ’97 Are Teaming Up to Offer You a Custom Console & Controllers
X-Men '97 custom Xbox and controllers.
Related Content
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Read Article Xbox & X-Men ’97 Are Teaming Up to Offer You a Custom Console & Controllers
X-Men '97 custom Xbox and controllers.
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.