Also, good guide.

Rules means pants.

Why must we have pants here... :/

those are the rules we have to follow k its nice but very strict

TopazFusion:

sandykumar:
those are the rules we have to follow k its nice but very strict

Not really.

This is the Forum Games section. The rules here are not very strict at all.

I'm pretty sure this thread is a part of the game at this point.

Oh, the dude is now gone. That was weird.

He was kinda nice, though, I thought. Polite and agreeable.

We need MORE rules. >:D

Redlin5:
We need MORE rules. >:D

We already have the three-second rule, the five-second rule and the rule of conservation of ducks.

^ The first two are rather vague.

< Headsproutering.

v Take a picture- it'll last longer!

Dear Diary,

Today I learned that some people are Silly Billies who have bad thread aim. :>

Oh, but Barbas!

Not only did you do it deliberately, you quoted a Stephen King film in your admission to doing so. There is no circle of hell deep enough... ( ._.)

Would you be just as upset if I had quoted Kubrick's The Shining in my admission? King didn't even like that one very much.

If it annoyed Stephen King then it couldn't have been all bad. I hear it was a psycho mentalfest.

Well the thing is, it's a near-universally praised horror classic. But sometimes you wonder, if THAT'S the film King chooses to dislike, does he really know what's best for him? It's things like that that give me mixed feelings towards the guy, even as somebody with an unusually open mind to Kings twists, which are more commonly known as his let-downs.

Misery's a good one, though. The movie, mind you. I've never read one of his books.

I read a couple, but most of his film or TV miniseries adaptations are notoriously bad. He did a good book, Desperation, about the sinister goings-on in a desert mining town in the US.

Eh, his short stories were where he shined (heh). Read: Shawshank Redemption / Green Mile.

Actually at the end of some of his novels, he'll sometimes have some short stories that are usually better than the rest of the book. Sort of a reward for sifting through the rest of the text.

Thing is, it is indicative of his writing 'pedigree' if you will. Being his influence was driven from Poe and Lovecraft, it is perhaps because of this that King is perhaps good at short stories, not as effective as a novelist. Whilst the aforementioned Poe and Lovecraft were 'masters' of the craft, their efforts were more limited to short stories, as this allowed for building of suspense and then a quick gruesome resolution.

Perhaps where King differs though is in the Characterization, hence allowing him to draw a short story over 300 pages. I suppose you can love or hate him. Or, be indifferent. I have consumed quite a bit of his work, I have to admit I didn't mind them when I first got into them. After a while though, they got rather samey, but then I guess the same could be true of Lovecraft/Poe. But at least with the latter you know you won't be spending a week or so on the one story.

I think this might be a nice place to camp.

I think am typing now a thread in the wrong place but since I gave up searching in the forum for a way to post a new thread where people could discuss with me about my matter, so I don't know now if I'm posting new thread or replaying to another one, May someone help me by telling me the way to post new thread?

Thanks in advance!

SilverSoul.:
I think am typing now a thread in the wrong place but since I gave up searching in the forum for a way to post a new thread where people could discuss with me about my matter, so I don't know now if I'm posting new thread or replaying to another one, May someone help me by telling me the way to post new thread?

Thanks in advance!

I think that you need to be a member for a certain period of time, or with a certain number of posts to put up a new thread. Probably to prevent spam bots. Although, given that you've just made that post, it is probable that now you can create a new thread.

The button: "NEW TOPIC" should be just under the heading: "Forum Games" here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/index/362-Forum-Games

If not, I suggest shit posting for a bit on the various forum games to increase the number of posts you have. Shouldn't take too many. How I got as many posts as I have in a few short months...

I'd recommend avoiding Game Industry Discussion or Religion and Politics forums for now though... No reason...

Hope that helps.

Mod related bump:

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook