The Escapist Plays: Civilization V (MOAR PLAYERS PLS)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

lacktheknack:

Eumersian:
Let's try our hardest to make very good friends with the Inca.

Should we start right away? Should we give them some money? Should we negotiate open borders as soon as we can?

Well, we know that they came from the west, which means that we should find them before we settle out there (which we will probably end up doing anyway). But trying to give them money right away might not yield the benefits we want from it.

Usually, if you don't cross a civilization, they'll offer open borders pretty easily.

Also, why not go ahead and buy up Genoa after they stop hating us with some of that trust fund we have piled up?

Did we do something to piss that Alexander guy off? Arrogant prick, with his fine clothing and wavy locks... ignore him for now. He will get his comeuppance.

Those Incas are also full of themselves, but in a friendly sort of way. So we should be full of ourselves, in a friendly sort of way. Open the borders, that we may investigate westward.

Concerning what to build... water mill for the win!

Mr Thin:
Did we do something to piss that Alexander guy off?

We settled "too close" to his territory.

Watermill it is!

Better be careful, these guys don't look too friendly.

Perfect! Those deer by Onondaga don't stand a chance.

What next?

"I think this is interesting, but I have no freaking clue!" Lack told me there's no shame in saying that. I wonder if there's no shame in losing all the time in FreeCiv too.

booker:
"I think this is interesting, but I have no freaking clue!" Lack told me there's no shame in saying that. I wonder if there's no shame in losing all the time in FreeCiv too.

I think there is shame in the second one. :P

But that's okay. this thread ought to be educational!

booker:

No shame in that, I've played Civ games before but I'm still checking the wiki to refresh myself on some of the techs.

Just pick a tech that sounds cool; at this point there's basically no tech we shouldn't get, or can't find a use for.

Dunno 'bout FreeCiv though.

OT: Camp the shit out of those deer! I want to see their soulful eyes glistening with tears of imprisonment before they can say "Save us Santa!". Then get them there workers back to road buildin'.

For tech, I vote calendar. That'll let us spice up this LP, if ya know what I mean. *wink wink*

Those red archers, they were barbarians, yes? Just wanna make sure.

Red on black is barbarians, yes.

And yes, I catch your drift. It smells nice.

Calendar it is!

Also, we're camping these deer, all right. They won't know what hit them!

Neither will these archers!

They survive our assault, only to get pwn'd by Geneva!

...And then us again!

Our workers have made it to Osininka, and they're building a horse pasture now.

Our archers move slightly north of Osininka -

And it's right next to Osininka, too! They can work that tile as soon as our borders expand more!

Also, Onondaga's water mill is completed. What next?

Settler, for sure.

The turtle in me wants to build many archers and camp the cities; but I suppose it is for the best if we build a settler, to give our empire a helping hand.

Settler being built. Where should we plant it?

Ouch... looks like we're hurting in terms of Gold.

Archers garrisoned, Scouts healed. Where should they search now? Note the Greek Hoplites nearby.

SPICES, BANANAS AND INCENSE! ALL OURS! MUAHAHAHAHAH!

What next?

You should probably get ready to defend yourself against the Greeks. That'll teach Alexander for calling us a turdherfer! As for the settlers? LOOK TOWARDS THE NORTH-WEST [wooshy noises]

booker:
You should probably get ready to defend yourself against the Greeks. That'll teach Alexander for calling us a turdherfer! As for the settlers? LOOK TOWARDS THE NORTH-WEST [wooshy noises]

Basically, piss off Alexander as much as possible?

Send the scouts north-west. When they find somewhere nice to stick those settlers, we'll have ourselves a triangle of cities.

As for tech; Alexander's been hounding us, so I say Masonry. Get those archers some walls to hide behind.

Tech, bronze working. The Greeks have hoplites. If we don't modernize our military, we'll be screwed.

Also, I'm not suggesting that we go attack Alexander. Let's just be better defended.

We should send the scouts northwest of either Osininka or Onondaga, so that we can find a safer place to settle.

That's one for masonry (better defense), one for bronze working (better weapons). Tiebreaker, please?

And northwest scouting it shall be.

Bump.
Also, bronze working! :D

Eumersian:
Bump.
Also, bronze working! :D

Fine, fine, bronze working it is! That's your prize for being a loyal fan.

Scouts are on the move northwest, the newly healed warriors are coming to quickly scout out in the Greeks' direction to see what we can see.

Also, these workers are going to dig a goldmine! Now we'll have gold in our tra-

-CRIPES. No wonder the Greeks are pissed at us!

Monument completed. Time to select a new thing to build in Osininka.

Also, we should probably prepare for invasion.

Circus. We're strapped for cash right now, so we should get something that costs no maintenance.

I say Granary. That city desperately needs more peoples, and we'll also benefit from it when we get those deer.

I'm selecting Granary because more citizens = more money. Plus, we're building a gold mine. Plus, we're getting a trade route on the way up.

And to the northwest, we have a rather unexpected turn of events.

Not only is there nowhere to go, there's a barbarian camp! Should we take it out?

Yes. Take that jank out. The place where the camp is would also be a good place for a city, so as to get the pearls.

At them! At them with fire and steel stone!

Invasion readied!

Invasion ALMOST a success! One more turn oughtta do it.

Settlers are complete, let's take Eumersian's advice and go up to the barbarian camp.

New policy may be instated!

Also,

What to build now?

Policy, representation. We sure could use the extra money we'll get from the golden age.

Build? Stonehenge. Why not? If Stonehenge, set Onondaga at production focus, unless it makes us lose money or something.

I also pick Stonehenge. Moar culture!

However I reckon we should get Meritocracy; if this game is anything like Civ IV, happiness is the biggest obstacle to city growth.

Gold versus happiness. Tiebreak?

Come one, people! Eumersian, Mr. Thin and I are getting a bit lonely in here!

Happiness
Is a warm gun
(bang bang, shoot shoot)

Now that that's out of the way: if what Mr Thin says is right, I guess we should go for happiness and not let our city growth be hindered.

Hurray! Moar peoples!

We don't want this to become like a sub-reddit on Reddit with only three people.

That's just creepy.

Meritocracy it shall be.

Erecting Stonehenge! (Changing to production focus doesn't actually change anything at the moment.)

The bloody ships mean that we probably can't attack right now. Should we sacrifice a unit to kill that settlement? Or should we withdraw until we feel better?

Also, Bronze Working is researched. What now?

Sailing. A navy comes in mighty handy when you're being attacked by a land-focused army, especially when, as seen here, the continent is really thin. Plus, it's faster to scout out continental boundaries with ships than with scouts and, since most civs settle near the ocean...not to mention it helps generate gold later on.

Withdraw the scouts and heal up. Those boats are gonna be a pain unless and until you get some archers up there to deal with them.

Sorry for my disappearance, I went to a hippy festival for four days. Saw Buckethead. Drank some booze, smoked some weed. A most excellent Blursday.

Well, I wouldn't mind Horseback Riding, because we have horses, and horse units kick ass.

On the other hand, we seem to be on what is basically a glorified island, yet have no ships; so I'd say Sailing is more essential right now.

Where the ocean meets the sky, I'll be sailin'...

Now I have to go listen to Rod Stewart.

Sailing, mostly because it's cheaper, and with it, we'll be able to utilize the pearls and fish at our next city.

Withdraw the troops! At least for a little bit.

I am bumping this thread, because I've always wanted to do a think-tank game of civ. ^^

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked