Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Ranked Resurgence. This image is part of an article about the best RAM-9 loadout in MW3 Season 2.

MW3 Ranked Is Penalizing Players Just for Playing the Game

Call of Duty can be a very frustrating game, and Ranked Play takes things to a whole other level. That’s why it’s not surprising that some are up in arms about how Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) Ranked is penalizing players just for playing the game.

Recommended Videos

Ranked Play is available to players who reach Level 55 in MW3 Multiplayer, meaning casual gamers will have a tough time in the mode’s lobbies. But those who brave the storm take Ranked very seriously, and since it follows the same guidelines as the Call of Duty League, it’s not hard to see why. However, when the game penalizes someone just for trying to play, there’s bound to be some backlash.

Posted on r/ModernWarfareIII, one player ran into an issue where they chose to play one mode, only for the game to load another and kick them out before dishing out a penalty.

Related: What Penetration Kills Are in MW3 & How to Get Them

“Counting down to a Highrise control. Randomly changes to Invasion but ok whatever,” they explained. “Map starts to load and it’s TDM in RANKED? Then match cancels with a dev error. Then I get a suspension notice. I play a few mins on pubs and when I go back to ranked it’s given me a penalty of -30 SR? FOR WHAT? It was a dev error and the game was spawning me into a TSM in Ranked and match cancels with said dev error and they gave the nerve to give me an SR and time penalty?”

Other players are sharing similar experiences in the comments of the post, as well as debating whether grinding Ranked is worth it right now. It’s easy to get players excited about a new mode – it’s harder to keep them happy after it comes out.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Related Content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Author
Jackson Hayes
Jackson Hayes is an Associate Editor at The Escapist. Starting his writing career in 2017, he quickly rose the ranks and became an editor. He's spent the last six years working at outlets such as CBR, Heroic Hollywood and Full Circle Cinema, where he's covered various sports games, Call of Duty, the MCU, and other major properties. You can follow him on Twitter @jacksonhayes67