Rate the song above you!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 142 NEXT

10/10 My favorite Interpol song

5/10... just super meh... Though the singer sounds like he should've been a one hit wonder in the 90's and the piano stands out more than it should, seeing as how it's not the lead... but I chalk that down to the bad mixing... that seemed to have a misunderstanding of stereo sound... especially in the beginning...<.<

Only the second song I've heard from these guys, the first being "Feel the Pain" in Rock Band 2.. I'm not big on the singer's voice for some reason. But I LOVE the drumming, and the other instrument work is relatively entertaining, if a little repetitive. I like it overall, though. 8/10.

With a WTF-worthy video!

8/10 Yeah that was pretty good... wasn't a fan of the screaming though... and I hate when guitar work turns into emulating an Atari game at high speed... and the lyrics and video felt pretty distant to each other... but yeah the girls singing was good and the video was pretty cool...<.<

onewheeled:
Only the second song I've heard from these guys, the first being "Feel the Pain" in Rock Band 2.. I'm not big on the singer's voice for some reason. But I LOVE the drumming, and the other instrument work is relatively entertaining, if a little repetitive. I like it overall, though. 8/10.

Heh Feel The Pain was off of what was probably their worst album... and it was certainly their worst single to date...
They were better before they kicked their bassist out... and better again when they brought him back for the reunion... which was what I posted above... a song from the reunion album...<.<

They were full of sonic glory in their youth...

8/10. They were better after they kicked their bassist out, as that means that Sebadoh became a thing, and I like Sebadoh just a hair more than I like Dinosaur Jr

6/10. S'ok, but not my kind of thing.

6/10. Never heard the whole song before, it's got its moments but not the 80s' best achievement

6/10 Above average, but it just felt a bit cluttered and "meh" at times.

That.. felt like a bit of a mess to me. The instrument work was definitely very interesting, but the vocals.. ugh. I just didn't like them. Or the song as a whole. 4/10.

5/10 I really liked how it started, but as it progressed it just became so... average.

You...
ok so I give this song a 7
It is pretty good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y56_pNnTUxw&feature=youtu.be

4/10 I suppose that was... good... but the longing strings section was way overdramatic most of the time.. and I didn't like the singing... I suppose it's objectively "good"... but I don't feel the emotion or the passion in a word that was said... it's gravely lacking in sincerity... especially when the girl came in it just sounded like they're trying way too hard and failing... and that's the real downfall of the song... No passion...<.<

Launcelot111:
8/10. They were better after they kicked their bassist out, as that means that Sebadoh became a thing, and I like Sebadoh just a hair more than I like Dinosaur Jr

I see there's finally someone here that can appreciate good 90's Indie music... but I would have to disagree with you... as much as I like Sebadoh, they can't really compare to Dinosaur Jr. classics... namely Bug and You're Living All Over Me... though they're certainly neck in neck in much of the rest of their discography... Thought it's cool to see a lot of the Sebadoh influences in Dinosaur's new stuff...<.<

...<.<

7/10. That's a crazy video. Not Modest Mouse's best work, but still, Modest Mouse is usually amazing.

And I could guess you're a fan of Bug, you've put just about every song off it in this thread. What's your opinion on J Mascis's new solo stuff?

7/10... hmm well that was interesting... very spacy...<.<

Launcelot111:

And I could guess you're a fan of Bug, you've put just about every song off it in this thread. What's your opinion on J Mascis's new solo stuff?

Well actually You're Living All Over Me is my favorite Dinosaur album... but I like J's solo stuff... I mean there's only been two albums and one of them was basically Dinosaur Jr unplugged... as afar as Several Shades of Why goes it's generally pretty good... some great songs on there though the mixing could've used more work... especially on J's vocals, specifically the vocal harmonies that didn't harmonize at all...<.<

7/10. Not bad.

In '87, Huey released this - "Fore", their most accomplished album.

I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square."The song's so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends, It's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Pretty.Freakin'. Sweet. 8.8/10. I should really listen to more Huey lewis.

Bring back the swing. Trippy video included

7/10 I really hated those vocals, but the rest was solid.

6/10 solid stuff but never really goes anywhere too interesting

7 'ish' out of 10; Part of me really likes the vocals but at the same time I'm not sure. It's my type of music though.

One of the best soundtracks in my opinion.

9/10

Fantastic.

The manliest song in existence.

7/10, I've never minded caramelldansen and have listened to weirder shit

5/10 I love Metallica, but that song's a bit.... overrated. The Bryan Adams mash-up was a bit interesting though.

8/10. Love Staley, and his vocal performance in this track is spectacular. Alice in Chains is one of the few bands I feel managed to completely encompass that classic 90's grit. The whole tone/diminished feel was interesting as well. Minus a couple of points for a tad of repetition and not being terribly memorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5spf3kXgyVQ

Try to listen to the entire song, you might be surprised by the unorthodox manner in which this band interprets the genre...
You might want to amp the quality on this video, Youtube's sound quality is...gravelly.

6/10. I've only heard one song from Opeth before, and it was absolute shit. This is a massive improvement, as it sounds like the band has some personality and songwriting talent, but still not really my choice of music. I don't see how it's unorthodox, unless not being relentlessly, mind numbingly heavy is the unorthodox part.

Yeah, Blackwater Park is certainly NOT one of Opeth's more impressive songs. A painful grindfest that spoils an otherwise excellent album. As for defying genre convention, it has to do with the band's phrasing (outside note choice, odd chord structures, exotic tonalities) and their ability to juxtapose the bone-crunching heaviness and acoustics. The contrast is so disturbingly polarizing it's actually enjoyable (at least, for me). As a guitarist of seven years, I still have trouble deciphering their musical ideas. Also, Akerfeldt's clean voice is sex. Pfff. Still a matter of taste. Isn't everything?

Now, your song:
I like the low-fi, vampy feel that the bass and guitar puts on. The vocalist throws out a bunch of interesting, almost lullaby-esque meldoies. Quite enjoyable, particularly 1:30 ish. The ambient tremolos around 2:14 as well. A could actually feel the crunch in the guitar, so they don't compromise in terms of production values. I feel like being particular. 8.3/10. Always like a good indie act.

Let's drag away from metal for a tad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSOyuuvQ8OI

5/10... meh... I kinda liked it up until the break down about 2 minutes in... it just killed it for me... where I could appreciate the great distortion levels and guitar fretting going on in the first half of the song, regardless of how I felt about the generally unimpressive vocals/lyrics, it just fell into this melodramatic and generic metal-esque thing... I dunno it just wasn't meant from the start I suppose... What attracts me most to music is sincerity and passion which I'm not getting from this... It doesn't seem to exist as much more than music for the sake of music... it never delves into something more personal...<.<

7/10 It was nice but I'm sure if I was in a different mood it would have rated higher; It seems like an early morning winding down song.

This was the best gig I've ever been to.

Wow. Like. Wow. I don't know...ju...7.5/10. The perfect medium. I'm not quite sure what I just listened to....

Ummmm...kai. ^^

Prog Rock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1FYE2sqeo0&feature=related

8/10, it was pretty good.

5/10. Excellent musicians, trite metalcore songwriting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72RP8lvHcqc

I will give it a 6 it had promise it just never really did anything
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXDpTyokQks

3/10... mind bogglingly boring... I love Radiohead and this cover just did not do it justice... It just has none of the passion or fury that Radiohead had in the original... The strings just felt bland and lifeless... the backing vocals were more annoying than haunting... and she sings too good... just can't emote like Thom Yorke can, with all his slurred words...

Country...<.<

7/10 Good solo. Better than a lot of the newer Country music I've heard in a while. It didn't really grab my attention though until and after the solo.

Have I posted this before?

Either way sorry.

7/10... yeah that was pretty cool... I especially liked the Organ... it needed more of it... but it looks like someone is stealing ideas off of my 5th grade notebook cover for their music video...<.<

I know that I've posted this one before... but it's late and it's what I have open at the moment...

Dr.Susse:
7/10 Good solo. Better than a lot of the newer Country music I've heard in a while. It didn't really grab my attention though until and after the solo.

Also Lucero is hardly a new band... they've been around since 98... but like all good country they're just not very popular...<.<

Hell IMO their best album is That Much Further West, released in 2003... I meant 2003...<.<

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 142 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked