After nearly three decades.... I realized something today.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

The Lawnmower Man did indeed have a man, who pushed a lawnmower. Am I doing this thread right??

Shanicus:

ChupathingyX:

Shanicus:
Space Marine has more then 1 Space Marine in it and Dawn of War has plenty of War, but no Dawns.

I think the opening movie of the first game took place at dawn.

Just checked it out, and you are right. Still, no Dawns outside of the opening cinematic...

adding to this

Chaos, is rather well organized

In the lion king. There were no lions nor kings.

O wait.........

All the characters in Lost were really good at navigating on the island.

A big part of Left 4 Dead is going back for your teammates before they die.

Half Life doesn't use a lives system, and you can't have half of one even if it did.

Silent Hill is pretty flat all things considered.

The Witcher fights demons more then witches.

In Prototype you're something like the second or third iteration of the virus, not the first.

Everything, the Blight, the social problems, the mage/Templar conflict, was already well established by the beginning of Dragon Age. It wasn't the Origins of anything.

the titular character of the movie "RED" doesn't have any relation to said color.

Mike Richards:
Half Life doesn't use a lives system, and you can't have half of one even if it did.

Yes, you can have them. Radioactive materials have them.

1. Portal and Portal 2 actually feature many portals, they should have been called Portals and Portals 2.

2. The F.E.A.R series actually inspires no fear in anyone... ever.

3. Silent Hill is only silent if you mute your television.

4. The entire God of War series is incorrectly named. In the first God of War, Kratos is not the god of war but rather a 'disgruntled former employee of the god of war'. Kratos briefly becomes the god of war but loses the position during a hostile takeover. So really God of war 2 and 3 should have been called 'The psychotic murderer formally known as the god of war'.

5. The anime 'Bleach' has nothing to do with bleach.

This is a fun thread. I don't even mind that I burnt my dinner while thinking these up.

TrilbyWill:

Mike Richards:

Yes, you can have them. Radioactive materials have them.

Yeah, I know what term they're referencing. I was saying that in gameplay terms, like Mario or other arcade style games where lives were counted, you can't have half a life as it doesn't make mechanical or mathematical sense. Especially since Half Life doesn't use a set number of lives anyways.

In Trainspotting, trains only take up about 1 minute of screentime in total

Left 4 Dead is a game about never leaving your teammates behind if it's avoidable.

Saints Row the Third was set in an entirely different city to location of the titular Row itself.

In Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, the echo visor (the only thing the title actually seems to refer to) is one of the last items you get. You have it for the last tenth (?) of the game.

Pokémon Ruby contains no rubies, etc.

Grand Theft Auto contains a vastly larger potential for crime than its title would imply.

Finally, Animal Crossing: Wild World contains no roads for animals to cross. In spite of this, it's actually very peaceful and not at all wild.

every thing is rather bright in SMT:Nocturne

the NES games Jackal and Dragon Fighter, don't actually have you fighting dragons or have any jackals in them, nor dose Dragon View actually put you in a dragons POV.

Dragon Quest isn't about dragons having an adventure, sadly :/

Phalanx featured nether the battle formation or banjo's

Firefly does not contain many fireflies
Nor is Serenity very serene

You'll never guess what marathon I had this week...

The never ending story wasn't actually never ending, which saddens me to this day.

Dark cloud had little to do with cumulus or any other cloud of that matter.
Harvest moons has no satellite harvesting.
Legend of zelda is more about link then anyone else.

The IT Crowd is actually not crowded at all.

there wasn't much sleeping going on in 'Sleepy Hallow'

there where no noticeable gates for enemy's to be at in 'Enemy at the Gates'

despite the name, no saddles where on fire in Blazing Saddles

Snatch is about theft, not the female reproductive organ

there are no elves in Elfen Lied, there's also a lack of lieing if memory serves

there is a odd lack of bubble gum in Bubblegum Crisis

The Record of Lodoss War is not about flower warfare

there was no demonic choir in Hellsing :/

Angel Links had no angels in it

she didn't actually hate him is '10 Things I Hate About You'

Ironman isn't made of iron

bahumat42:

original or new?

because the original had them.

You sure? It's been a long time, but in hindsight, knowing what a Titan actually is in Greek Mythology... I don't remember there being any.

"The Experiment" took place years after the titular experiment.

In Europe, it's called "Experience 114", but 114 is a person, not an experience.

WHOA

There's only One Ring in Lord of the Rings.

Apollo45:

No, there's only one One Ring. The Nazgul are nine humans corrupted by rings. There were rings given to the elves and dwarves.

TheOatmeal.com features no oatmeal.

Apollo45:

I think there's close to the 30.

OT: Geralt, a Witcher from The Witcher, does not hunt witches, as you might expect. (Although admittedly, he does manage to fuck quite a few of them.)

Regnes:
The main villain in Ghostbusters wasn't a ghost, it was a demon.

"Gozer the Gozerian... Good evening!"

Gozer is actually a Sumerian shape-changer God of destruction! (try saying that five time faster)

Kitsuna10060:

Didn't you play as a dragon in the first one?

Four Lions features no lions.
None of the games in the Orange Box feature an Orange Box.

The Sex Pistols never shot sex at people.

How can a galaxy from a long time ago be in the future?

Elmoth:
How can a galaxy from a long time ago be in the future?

It isn't. It has more advanced technology than us. Still in the past.

A strawberry is not actually made of straw and is in fact not even a berry.

None of the expendables were expendable

To my disgust the Hills Have Eyes actually featured no landforms that could see.

Draconalis:

Kitsuna10060:

Didn't you play as a dragon in the first one?

nope :/ you play as some boring knight

it was something the one ring of sauron the three elven rings the seven dwarven rings and then the
nine for the kingdoms of man if my memory is right.

In good Will hunting nobody hunts Will and if they where it probably wouldn't be good, a very misleading title (V:D

Fatal Frame: What you kill with the camera is ALREADY DEAD, so it can't be a fatal frame!

Darksiders: Nothing is referred to as a draksider...

Shadow of the Collossus: There are 16, so shouldn't it be SHADOWS of the COLLOSSI?

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb: There was TONS of worrying with EACH character!

Pokemon Black/White: There isn't anything about race relations!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked