Ask Commander Shepard!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . . . 21 NEXT

daveman247:

Paragon Shepard:

cardboard is an outdated material that lacks durability and requires alot of rescources to make

hence why its been replaced with supiror plastic crates which can also stop bullets

the only thing I can think of to use carboard for would be bedding for my space hamster

... Plastic still works! :P

So i guess you havn't considered hiding in it for example? It would fool people for sure, just don't move while they are looking!

Few of our enemies rely on sight alone. Most decently equipped mercs for example have infrared scanners, among other tools that would make hiding in such a box rather counterproductive.

Besides, even a dumb Loki mech is probably going to figure out that something is a little off about a box that moves around, whether or not it only occurs out of visual scanning range.

Paragon Shepard:

daveman247:

Have any of you thought of using the wonderous cardboard box to your advantage?

There was this guy i knew once, he was mad on the things. The things he told me you could do with a box! :D

cardboard is an outdated material that lacks durability and requires alot of rescources to make

hence why its been replaced with supiror plastic crates which can also stop bullets

the only thing I can think of to use carboard for would be bedding for my space hamster

You dare insult the box? Witness it's glory!

Al-Bundy-da-G:

What the hell. This is ridiculous. Otacon call my lawyer, that tactic is copyrighted.

G Vakarian:
snip

Well... those mercs aren't exactly the most well configured omni-tool in the space-shed are they? Always getting their stuff hacked and being killed XD

TheOneBearded:

G Vakarian:
Snip

I don't know why, but I can't read your posts without having Garrus' voice read it in my head - mannerisms and all..

I know right? I'm doing that too! Yet when I read stuff from the Shepards I don't read it in the voice of Jennifer Hale or the one that did the guy voice...

Solid Snake:

Al-Bundy-da-G:

What the hell. This is ridiculous. Otacon call my lawyer, that tactic is copyrighted.

No, we don't need fucking novelty accounts here, this isn't reddit. Wise up, seriously.

daveman247:

G Vakarian:
snip

Well... those mercs aren't exactly the most well configured omni-tool in the space-shed are they? Always getting their stuff hacked and being killed XD

Is it because they are incompetent? Or simply outclassed when going up against the best? You can't expect everyone to be in the same league as the one and only Archangel, or Commander Shepard I suppose.

G Vakarian:
snip

I'm just saying, of all the team members in Mass Effect 1, I never used Tali. The only useful thing she would be used for is to distract my enemies long enough to shoot them with my explosive sniper rifle.

G Vakarian:

daveman247:

G Vakarian:
snip

Is it because they are incompetent? Or simply outclassed when going up against the best? You can't expect everyone to be in the same league as the one and only Archangel, or Commander Shepard I suppose.

Seriously now, in a sniper-off to the death, who would win? The Archangel or the guy who gave up the future of humanity and technology to a little glowing boy?

TheOneBearded:

G Vakarian:
snip

I'm just saying, of all the team members in Mass Effect 1, I never used Tali. The only useful thing she would be used for is to distract my enemies long enough to shoot them with my explosive sniper rifle.

You can't expect any Quarian to be superb in a straight up fight, they're too vulnerable. That certainly does not make them helpless. Her strength is in weakening the opposition, although she's a mean shot with that shotgun as well. Anyone around us that relies on tech, she can make virtually helpless. If we were to fight for example, its less a question of whether I could take her, and more of whether or not I can shoot before my gun blows up in my face, my visor starts strobing bright light into my left eye, and I'm reduced to trying to get close enough to use hand to hand.

Even if that were not the case, I'll choose my own reasons to care for Tali anyways.

TheOneBearded:

G Vakarian:

daveman247:

Seriously now, in a sniper-off to the death, who would win? The Archangel or the guy who gave up the future of humanity and technology to a little glowing boy?

Glowing boy? What are you talking about?

If you mean Shepard, I seem to recall beating her in a snipe-off on top of the presidium. That was just us against a few bottles used for skeet however. In a real fight, if given the opportunity to choose and/or prepare the area, I'm confident I could take her. If not... lets just say that I wouldn't necessarily suggest betting your life savings on either outcome.

G Vakarian:

Is it because they are incompetent? Or simply outclassed when going up against the best? You can't expect everyone to be in the same league as the one and only Archangel, or Commander Shepard I suppose.[/quote]

Well since there are hundreds of them, and only three of you at a time, im going to say incompetant :P

Shepard(s), which of your crew members would in your opinion be the most capable of defeating you in a straight fight? What about if they had time to prepare?

do you think someone will make a movie about you using the models that you are based on
or some real actors. if yes, who would it be?

will it have the 'greatest ending of all time'

Have both of you(three if you include Uggy) died again or are you just bored?

Shepards where did you go? Are you guys on holiday?

Sorry, can we talk later? Busy calibrating this damn gun.

G Vakarian:

Okay, because you're the only one on, do you get tou guns from the actual guys who make them or black market? If it's black market then that would explain why you have to calibrate the damn thing all the time instead of doing other things.

So Shepards, what kind of websites do you guys look at in your free time?

OT: Maybe they took a break? Even hero's need some down time.

Fijiman:

G Vakarian:

Okay, because you're the only one on, do you get tou guns from the actual guys who make them or black market? If it's black market then that would explain why you have to calibrate the damn thing all the time instead of doing other things.

I got the Thanix cannon from a few good contacts I have on Palavan, but the sale wasn't strictly on the record, so technically I suppose you could consider the answer to be both.

As for calibrating it, there is a reason for that, but it may not be what you think. It was my own fault really, I had an idea of what I was getting into from the start.

The Thanix magnetic-hydrodynamic cannon is a miniaturized variation on Sovereign's primary weapon, developed by studying components salvaged by my people after the battle for the citadel. Most weapons rely either upon a solid projectile of some description, or pure energy. The Thanix is somewhat unique in this aspect. It launches a superheated glob of iron-uranium-tungsten alloy, guided and contained by a shaped magnetic field.

As you might imagine, the slightest imperfection in that field can lead to reduced accuracy, or even containment loss, especially over the long distances involved in ship to ship combat. Unfortunately, those systems are gravitically sensitive, and we had to jury rig them when originally fitting them to the SR2. The ship just wasn't made with the Thanix in mind, and we simply did not have the time to leave the ship in a dry dock to do it right. As a result, every time the weapon was fired, or even sometimes during an FTL jump, something would be "knocked" out of alignment. Not by nearly enough to render it non functional, I made damn sure of that, but it was enough that keeping the weapon as close to 100% as possible at any given moment was a full time job.

Fortunately for the sake of my social life, the Alliance engineers who refitted the SR2 had the tools and the time to reinstall the weapon properly, mostly but not entirely eliminating the problem.

Solid Snake:

Al-Bundy-da-G:

Hey! If it isn't the man almost as grizzled as me!

erttheking:
Hey Shepard, how come after Sovereign, the Collectors and the Reaper invasion of Earth the Council STILL doesn't listen to you? Are they really that stupid?

Because they'd rather die ignorant then live in fear.

dalek sec:

Nah, just was busy shooting a spacewolf in the face and getting spacegold.

Anyway, a personal favorite of mine is the Commander Shepard Fan Website. It has more hits then the Alliance's own website!

And you wouldn't believe how much stuff people buy from you if your famous. I once sold a picture of Garrus that he signed for 25,000 Credits.

Bought myself a new fish that day.

Fieldy409:

Don't worry 409. I'll always be with you. In your heart.

Chant my name in my games ending and maybe I won't die, and then it starts raining fluffy, indestructible puppies and kittens on Earth.

Fijiman:

I was only mostly dead that one time.

rhizhim:
do you think someone will make a movie about you using the models that you are based on

Not while he has that neck tattoo he won't.

And the greatest ending of all time involves me flying out of the stomach of Sovereign on the back of a Geth Colossus.

And multi-colored explosions of the whole rainbow spectrum.

janjotat:
What do you think of this song
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/06/like-john-a-mass-effect-song-by-randomencountersent

also renshep is cooler

Damn Straight.

And I prefer Gav's little song about me more, to be honest.

Frission:
Shepard(s), which of your crew members would in your opinion be the most capable of defeating you in a straight fight? What about if they had time to prepare?

I don't think any of them could beat me. Garrus or Wrex might put up a good fight, though.

Matthew94:

Solid Snake:

Al-Bundy-da-G:

No, we don't need fucking novelty accounts here, this isn't reddit. Wise up, seriously.

I was doing it before it was cool.

Renegade Shepard:

It was never cool, ever.

Matthew94:

Renegade Shepard:

It was never cool, ever.

I was doing it before it died of cancer.

Renegade Shepard:

Matthew94:

Renegade Shepard:

It was never cool, ever.

I'm not the only one, lives are at risk due to you.

Matthew94:

Renegade Shepard:

Matthew94:

It was never cool, ever.

I'm not the only one, lives are at risk due to you.

Here's a wild idea:

If you don't like it.

Don't get involved in topics revolving around it.

I should be a Rear Admiral, I'm such a genius.

Renegade Shepard:

Here's a wild idea:

If you don't like it.

Don't get involved in topics revolving around it.

I should be a Rear Admiral, I'm such a genius.

Is that annoyance I detect?

Anyway:

Trolling
Posting inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

I would think "let me live out an odd fantasy" (or wherever) constitutes "disrupting normal on-topic discussion".

There is a Role Playing section of the forums for a reason, go play there.

I don't know. I like this thread more than the 100dreth thread on the ending of Mass Effect 3 or some topic about religion. It's fun.

To Shepard,

You sure? You weren't ever afraid Mordin could do something really horrific to you while you're asleep.

If you sleep. You do sleep right? You don't just shut down, because you're mostly robotic now RIGHT?

daveman247:

Paragon Shepard:

... Plastic still works! :P

So i guess you havn't considered hiding in it for example? It would fool people for sure, just don't move while they are looking!

........................hiding?

Frission:
I don't know. I like this thread more than the 100dreth thread on the ending of Mass Effect 3 or some topic about religion. It's fun.

To Shepard,

You sure? You weren't ever afraid Mordin could do something really horrific to you while you're asleep.

If you sleep. You do sleep right? You don't just shut down, because you're mostly robotic now RIGHT?

why on earth would Mordin do somthing like that? there was once time where he was looking for a cerberus control chip and said he didn't want to freak me out

*sigh* NO...I'm human, ok? just a few cybernectics that are really nothing more than prosthetics

Fieldy409:

do you remember than indicent I mentioned about having to chase up a dodgey purchase from an extranet Hanar seller?....lets just say it got somwhat complicated

dalek sec:

oh you know...."galactic figures" "vid-plex" "Morlans famous comics"

rhizhim:

if they made vid I doubt I would be in it....if I was i'd probably be played by meryl streep

G Vakarian:

Garrus..stop boring the fans with your gun talk

joking...I'm not renshep :P

Matthew94:

Is that annoyance I detect?

Anyway:

Trolling
Posting inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

I would think "let me live out an odd fantasy" (or wherever) constitutes "disrupting normal on-topic discussion".

There is a Role Playing section of the forums for a reason, go play there.

Really?

Just on the front page of this forum section, we have a news report people are talking about being the beginning of the zombie invasion, yet another MLP thread (good god, when will this fad DIE!), and a debate concerning Coke vs Pepsi.

All things considered, it is very difficult to come across a topic that doesn't fit into this crazy mashup of weird conversations, and unlike so many others that pop up here, this one is at least entertaining.

Besides, the fact that this has reached 15 pages of user interaction without the slightest hint of moderator intervention should tell you something about both its popularity and whether or not the "authorities" agree with you.

Fijiman:

we don't mention Ugg

Paragon Shepard:

rhizhim:

if they made vid I doubt I would be in it....if I was i'd probably be played by meryl streep

Meryl Streep? Did Cerberus bring her back to life too?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . . . 21 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked