Ask Commander Shepard!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 NEXT

Renegade Shepard:

If you were aiming to annoy, congratulations, you hit the lowest point anyone can hit in extranet society.

Oh, you are back?

I'm Matthew94 and this is the worst thread on the escapist.

Matthew94:

Renegade Shepard:

If you were aiming to annoy, congratulations, you hit the lowest point anyone can hit in extranet society.

Oh, you are back?

I'm Matthew94 and this is the worst thread on the escapist.

*sigh*

Did you have anything to contribute? Do you have something meaningful or entertaining to say? Or do you just get that much of a kick out of complaining about a topic your comrades seem to enjoy?

Doesn't this belong in the Role-playing section?

irmasterlol:

That's what I said.

Apparently I'm a buzz kill for wanting RP threads in the RP section.

irmasterlol:

I'd be inclined to say no. RP is primarily for the creation of new stories and characters to participate in them.

This is simply a Q&A thread from the perspective of a handful of fictional characters, it creates nothing new in terms of the Mass Effect storyline, instead simply offering a different perspective/interpretation of the original lore. The RP threads generally do not allow for, much less require, "audience" input, and the RP section is mostly unvisited by the majority of Escapist members.

Matthew94:

irmasterlol:

That's what I said.

No, you're a buzz kill for insulting the people involved in the thread and attempting to get them in trouble with the mods, and for persisting in this matter long after it was made clear that the rest of us didn't care if this thread pushed the limits of classification.

Its an entertaining thread that does not really fit into the roleplaying section and certainly doesn't fit in elsewhere. If only we had an off topic section where we could stick all the "everything else" threads like that...

Escapist Rule Number 314: No fun allowed.

G Vakarian:

Renegade Shepard:

G Vakarian:
You can't, at least not yet

Each omnitool comes equipped with a miniaturized fabricator. When triggered, it flash forges a silicon carbide blade and uses a mass effect field to hold it in place.

Garrus, are you gonna be interesting or continue listing off trivia?

I'm a warrior, not a PR rep. Talking people to death was always more your thing.

Besides, he asked a serious question, one that deserved an answer.

EDIT: Damn it Shepard, you swore you got rid of that picture.

Just hook up the whole galaxy with a PA system and I can talk the Reapers to death.

Also posting that picture hurt you as much as it hurt me.

Heronblade:

No, you're a buzz kill for insulting the people involved in the thread and attempting to get them in trouble with the mods, and for persisting in this matter long after it was made clear that the rest of us didn't care if this thread pushed the limits of classification.

Its an entertaining thread that does not really fit into the roleplaying section and certainly doesn't fit in elsewhere. If only we had an off topic section where we could stick all the "everything else" threads like that...

I didn't persist with shit.

The thread died (as it should) and they bumped it AND quoted me in order to bring me back to the discussion. The blame lies at their feet.

Deal with it. There is a reason the thread died and had to be necro'd.

Matthew94:

The thread died (as it should) and they bumped it AND quoted me in order to bring me back to the discussion. The blame lies at their feet.

The thread "died" only because the people posting as the Shepards and Garrus weren't responding for a while, not due to a lack of interest, as the multiple bumping posts by other users can attest. I can only assume they actually have lives to live outside of this thread, amazing a concept as that is.

You have persisted in keeping this up. Whether you were quoted or not does not matter in that respect, you CHOSE to come back here and post again and again about this complaint of yours. There's no requirement or impetus for you to reply any more.

Heronblade:

Matthew94:

The thread "died" only because the people posting as the Shepards and Garrus weren't responding for a while, not due to a lack of interest, as the multiple bumping posts by other users can attest. I can only assume they actually have lives to live outside of this thread, amazing a concept as that is.

You have persisted in keeping this up. Whether you were quoted or not does not matter in that respect, you CHOSE to come back here and post again and again about this complaint of yours. There's no requirement or impetus for you to reply any more.

So the thread won't survive unless the OP keeps bumping it with his/her multiple accounts? Sounds like a dead thread.

It was nearing page 2 before you bumped it again to complain about me. The users didn't bump it originally, the OP did as it was dead.

Matthew94:

Heronblade:

So the thread won't survive unless the OP keeps bumping it with his/her multiple accounts? Sounds like a dead thread.

It was nearing page 2 before you bumped it again to complain about me. The users didn't bump it originally, the OP did as it was dead.

Since G Vakarian's last post before the more recent round I count five unique users not including myself bumping it. There was a whopping two day gap in between the last one of those and Renshep's post. Most threads aren't considered "necroed" unless there's been no activity for at minimum two weeks.

P.S. Want to let the thread die? Stop posting, this conversation is just helping it stay afloat.

Heronblade:

Matthew94:

Heronblade:

Since G Vakarian's last post before the more recent round I count five unique users not including myself bumping it. There was a whopping two day gap in between the last one of those and Renshep's post. Most threads aren't considered "necroed" unless there's been no activity for at minimum two weeks.

P.S. Want to let the thread die? Stop posting, this conversation is just helping it stay afloat.

Here is what I saw

#1 Thread is dead
#2 Bumped by OP
#3 A few miscellaneous posts
#4 Thread begins to die again
#5 You bump it to complain

Deal with it.

Matthew94:

irmasterlol:

That's what I said.

I'll hold off on the sense of camaraderie until I'm sure you ain't one of them 'Nintender fan boys' I keep seeing defending the WiiU as the revolutionary next step in the gaming industry.

In all seriousness, how does someone playing the role of Shepard not perfectly fit in role playing?

irmasterlol:

Matthew94:

irmasterlol:

That's what I said.

I'll hold off on the sense of camaraderie until I'm sure you ain't one of them 'Nintender fan boys' I keep seeing defending the WiiU as the revolutionary next step in the gaming industry.

In all seriousness, how does someone playing the role of Shepard not perfectly fit in role playing?

I'm not defending as "the revolutionary next step in the gaming industry", more I am saying "don't declare it dead on arrival".

Matthew94:

irmasterlol:

Matthew94:

That's what I said.

I'm not defending as "the revolutionary next step in the gaming industry", more I am saying "don't declare it dead on arrival".

I only ever saw one page of that discussion and decided I wanted nothing to do with it after people started citing quarterly sales stats for the Wii vs the PS2 and a net loss to blah blah blah. I might go get involved, but I don't really have a dog in this fight.

Capcha: gotham city

Word.

Alright, here's this.

Matthew, your attempts to get my topic shut down ended with you getting a warning. Maybe it's high time you learn when that there's a fine line between voicing your opinion and being a guy who's as punchable as a nosy reporter.

Heronblade, thanks for being a voice of reason, but I can handle guys like this. Not the first time someone got all antsy about me being on The Escapist.

irmasterlol, it's usually Parashep's job to derail this topic, I'm going to have to ask for a resume of your derailing qualifications.

Also,

Matthew94:

Heronblade:

Matthew94:

So the thread won't survive unless the OP keeps [bumping it with his/her multiple accounts? Sounds like a dead thread.

Disingenuous.

ASSERTIONS.

In case you haven't noticed, there's a bit of uh...

A bit of a grammar difference between me and a few of the other people here.

Have you seen Parashep lately? Also, what is your crews current happiness level?

Fijiman:
Have you seen Parashep lately? Also, what is your crews current happiness level?

I haven't.

As for my status and the rest of the crew, we're more confused than anything else when not busy picking up the pieces from that last fight with the Reapers. Recent events have been just a bit chaotic. Try asking again after we figure out what the hell just happened.

Some people care WAY too much about the status of this thread.

OT: You have a choice; fight the Reapers, or fight the political redtape and needless bureaucracy of the Council and other present institutions.

Which would you prefer and why?

WHOOPS I GUESS THE SHOES ON THE OTHER FOOT NOW!

Fijiman:

As long as the lounge is stocked we should be fine.

And as long as Joker gets his old vids.

Guy's way too into ponies and dolls.

And honestly, who cares about Parashep?

Socdemparty:

OT: You have a choice; fight the Reapers, or fight the political redtape and needless bureaucracy of the Council and other present institutions.

I'm just trying to have some good old fashioned fun here between me ejecting bullets/thermal clips into faces!

Reapers.

Because bringing down a Reaper makes it feel like you've accomplished something, which you did. Fighting red tape just leaves a weird taste in your mouth when you wake up the next morning.

Socdemparty:

When all is said and done, I prefer fighting something I can deal with from behind a scope or in a gunner's chair. I have had more than enough of bureaucrats for one lifetime. Having a clear goal and an actual sense of accomplishment when an objective is met helps immensely as well.

With that said, I do sometimes wish our particular enemy was just a bit more mundane. I am used to death by this point, both in terms of killing and in seeing it happen around me, but the sheer scale of what would happen if we make a mistake or simply get the slightest bit unlucky is difficult to truly comprehend. Killing criminals on Omega was... simpler, not nearly as important, but at least it was only my life and the lives of my team on the line.

Garrus, how did you feel when they removed the ammo types in the transition from the first game to the second? I don't know about you, but I was saddened when I couldn't use high explosive rounds while sniping.

Do you ever feel the insatiable need to grow the most epic beard ever?

TheOneBearded:
Garrus, how did you feel when they removed the ammo types in the transition from the first game to the second? I don't know about you, but I was saddened when I couldn't use high explosive rounds while sniping.

There were many disadvantages to the upgraded thermal clip system I was... disappointed about. The loss of flexibility when it comes to customizing the weapons was definitely among them.

okay i have a question when the Turians first saw the human ship trying to activate the mass relay 314 why did they decide to attack and destroy them rather then negotiating, maybe telling the humans why it was a bad idea?

Douglas Dover:
okay i have a question when the Turians first saw the human ship trying to activate the mass relay 314 why did they decide to attack and destroy them rather then negotiating, maybe telling the humans why it was a bad idea?

There were several factors involved, the primary one being the commander of the ships who found them. I've heard individuals like him being described as having "all balls and no brains" by some of your people. Then when the Alliance retaliated and destroyed the Turian ships involved, matters rapidly got out of hand, Turians hate to lose a fight, and the same seems to be true of your people as well.

G Vakarian:

Douglas Dover:

There were several factors involved, the primary one being the commander of the ships who found them. I've heard individuals like him being described as having "all balls and no brains" by some of your people. Then when the Alliance retaliated and destroyed the Turian ships involved, matters rapidly got out of hand, Turians hate to lose a fight, and the same seems to be true of your people as well.

Were the Turians as worried about fighting an opponent they had zero intelligence on as the Alliance was?

Fieldy409:

G Vakarian:

Douglas Dover:

Were the Turians as worried about fighting an opponent they had zero intelligence on as the Alliance was?

Not really no, an oversight on our part. The intelligence we did have strongly suggested that your people posed no significant threat, particularly not to the largest fleet in council space.

The human presence my people were initially aware of fit the same profile as dozens of other fairly weak renegade races that crop up from time to time, and it is extremely unusual for a new race to have gained enough military power to pose a threat without being noticed as the Alliance did.

G Vakarian:

Fieldy409:

G Vakarian:

Not really no, an oversight on our part. The intelligence we did have strongly suggested that your people posed no significant threat, particularly not to the largest fleet in council space.

The human presence my people were initially aware of fit the same profile as dozens of other fairly weak renegade races that crop up from time to time, and it is extremely unusual for a new race to have gained enough military power to pose a threat without being noticed as the Alliance did.

Unusual like the Rachni?

Fieldy409:

G Vakarian:

Unusual like the Rachni?

Not quite the same situation. The Rachni came from a segment of space untouched by council races. The Alliance on the other hand managed to avoid notice while pretty much right on our doorstep, relatively speaking of course.

G Vakarian:

Fieldy409:

G Vakarian:

Not true. The counter-attack by the humans really rattled the Turian Heirarchy. No other 'young' race has ever been able to so completely destroy one of their patrols before. Even after the Counsel forced the two sides into peace, the Turians commented on the strength of the human military. Hell, peace was only brokered because of the Alliance's ability to fight back would have wrought devastation across the galaxy as the Alliance and Turians fought each other.

The only reason the Alliance went unnoticed was because Earth was in an area cut off from Counsel space. That's the reason the Turian's patrol fleet attacked them on site, they came through a previously inactive Relay, and instead of assessing the situation(such as taking note that the ships were of an unknown[to them] design) took action against what they thought were criminals(Relay 314 was closed after the Rachni Wars and it was against Counsel law to reopen and use it).

Hey Shepard. How come you never got promoted after saving the galaxy twice?

wintercoat:

G Vakarian:

Fieldy409:

Not true. The counter-attack by the humans really rattled the Turian Heirarchy. No other 'young' race has ever been able to so completely destroy one of their patrols before. Even after the Counsel forced the two sides into peace, the Turians commented on the strength of the human military. Hell, peace was only brokered because of the Alliance's ability to fight back would have wrought devastation across the galaxy as the Alliance and Turians fought each other.

The only reason the Alliance went unnoticed was because Earth was in an area cut off from Counsel space. That's the reason the Turian's patrol fleet attacked them on site, they came through a previously inactive Relay, and instead of assessing the situation(such as taking note that the ships were of an unknown[to them] design) took action against what they thought were criminals(Relay 314 was closed after the Rachni Wars and it was against Counsel law to reopen and use it).

I didn't claim my people were not surprised, just that we thought the human presence was far smaller and weaker than the reality. It wasn't until your retaliation at Shanxi that we became aware of our mistake.

G Vakarian:

wintercoat:

G Vakarian:

I didn't claim my people were not surprised, just that we thought the human presence was far smaller and weaker than the reality. It wasn't until your retaliation at Shanxi that we became aware of our mistake.

Most militaries wouldn't hire goddamn brain surgeons to watch dormant relays. The turians might as well have hired the goddamn blood pack, for all the good it did.

Reminds me of this one time I got hired on a job smuggling red sand from Omega over to a turian colony. Made it out in an old goddamn junker fighter docked in the cargo bay, along with about half the payload. Got payed less than promised, but seeing as how I didn't have any more mates to share it with, I'd say it worked out fine anyway.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked