Riddle time!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I am bored so I must make a random thread. This thread is about Riddles! Post the hardest riddles you can think of here and see if anybody can Solve them!

A man was found dead in his house with a gun in his hand. There was a tape recorder on his desk. When the Police arrived they pressed play on the tape recorder and heard "This is it. my life is over" then a gunshot. How did the Detective immediately know that it was a murder and not a suicide?

Toughy! I doubt you people will get it! Prove me wrong! :D

Solo-Wing:
I am bored so I must make a random thread. This thread is about Riddles! Post the hardest riddles you can think of here and see if anybody can Solve them!

A man was found dead in his house with a gun in his hand. There was a tape recorder on his desk. When the Police arrived they pressed play on the tape recorder and heard "This is it. my life is over" then a gunshot. How did the Detective immediately know that it was a murder and not a suicide?

Somebody used the tape recorder after the gunshot. It would have had to be rewound at the very least.

EDIT:

Also it's highly improbable that a man could shoot himself and keep the gun in his hand.

Regnes:

Solo-Wing:

Somebody used the tape recorder after the gunshot. It would have had to be rewound at the very least.

Ding ding ding!

"You go in through one hole but come out 3. Once you're inside you are ready to go outside. But even while you are outside you are still inside. What is it?"

TopazFusion:
A dangerous criminal is hiding in a dark theater. Some police rookies want to bust in and apprehend the criminal, but the police chief stops them at the theater door.

Why did the police chief do that?

Sorry, couldn't resist =P

Because they're at the wrong theater.

?

Was it because the tape was already rewound which obviously the man couldn't have done after shooting himself?

EDIT: well I was well behind. Anywho, I have an eye but cannot see. I am stronger and faster then any man alive but have no limbs.

What am I?

EDIT 2:

Solo-Wing:
Ding ding ding!

"You go in through one hole but come out 3. Once you're inside you are ready to go outside. But even while you are outside you are still inside. What is it?"

A t-shirt?

TopazFusion:

Luna:

TopazFusion:
A dangerous criminal is hiding in a dark theater. Some police rookies want to bust in and apprehend the criminal, but the police chief stops them at the theater door.

Because they're at the wrong theater.

Damn. Looks like I'll have to explain this for people who weren't here (or didn't see).

A couple of months ago, a thread was created asking "can you solve this riddle?" and "this is the sort of problem solving that is required for someone to join Mensa".

The opening post of this thread had the riddle I just posted above. The OP promised to post the answer after a short time.

The thread went on for a couple of days, and got to about 20 pages of possible answers, but the OP never delivered.

Of course, there is no answer, the whole thing was just an elaborate troll.

I would link to the thread in question, but it got deleted by the mods.

LOL

I knew there was a thread on that one... But I never paid it much attention so I didn't know how it turned out. Sounds like a real 'knock knock', 'who's there?' *guy walks away*

Able Seacat:
Was it because the tape was already rewound which obviously the man couldn't have done after shooting himself?

EDIT: well I was well behind. Anywho, I have an eye but cannot see. I am stronger and faster then any man alive but have no limbs.

What am I?

EDIT 2:

Solo-Wing:
Ding ding ding!

A t-shirt?

DING DING DING!

With Pointed fangs it sits in wait. With piercing force it doles out fate. Over Bloodless victims proclaiming its might. Eternally joining in a single bite.

What is it?

Solo-Wing:

Able Seacat:

What am I?

EDIT 2:

Solo-Wing:
Ding ding ding!

A t-shirt?

DING DING DING!

With Pointed fangs it sits in wait. With piercing force it doles out fate. Over Bloodless victims proclaiming its might. Eternally joining in a single bite.

What is it?

I want to say vampire but it seems too obvious ;__;

vampire?

Darkgoosey666:

vampire?

NOPE.avi

New one.

Only one color but not one size.
Stuck at the bottom yet easily flies.
Present in sun but not in rain.
Doing no harm and feeling no pain.
What is it?

Solo-Wing:

Darkgoosey666:

vampire?

NOPE.avi

New one.

What is it?

umm, one of those dandelion floaty fuzzy things?

I got one, it's a bit religious but whatever (please lets not debate, I'm not religious and I found this a rather clever riddle).

An archaeologist finds two perfectly preserved bodies in a cave, a man and a woman. He quickly deduced that it was in fact Adam and Eve. How does he know for sure?

webepoop:

Solo-Wing:

Darkgoosey666:

vampire?

NOPE.avi

New one.

What is it?

umm, one of those dandelion floaty fuzzy things?

Wrong also...

New one:

There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a White house. Inside the white house was a red house. Inside the red house were a lot of babies... What is it?

Solo-Wing:

Darkgoosey666:

vampire?

NOPE.avi

New one.

What is it?

Was the one i got wrong a Stapler by any chance?

and is the new one a shadow?

A red house is made of red bricks.
A blue house is made of blue bricks.

What is the green house made of?

Solo-Wing:

What is it?

Oh, and a spider :D

JaceArveduin:

Glass?

I'm gonna feel real stupid if this is wrong...

Girl With One Eye:

JaceArveduin:

Glass?

I'm gonna feel real stupid if this is wrong...

lol, you got it right XD It's amazing how many people go "um.... green bricks?"

JaceArveduin:

lol, you got it right XD It's amazing how many people go "um.... green bricks?"

I think it's easier to get it when you read it, easier to pick up on the word "the". If you said it to me in person I probably would have said green bricks !

A plane carrying two people crashes into a deserted public area. When the rescuers arrived, they discovered just over one hundred bodies. Why?

How is a Raven like a Writing Desk? (This comes from Alice In Wonderland, but there are a couple of answers!)

Solo-Wing:

Darkgoosey666:

vampire?

NOPE.avi

New one.

What is it?

A shadow?

I've got a good one:

What is the beginning of the end, the end of every place, the beginning of eternity, and the end of time and space?

Mr.Mattress:
How is a Raven like a Writing Desk? (This comes from Alice In Wonderland, but there are a couple of answers!)

Because you can't teach either of them the highland fling.

Raven's Nest:

Mr.Mattress:

While that's true, I don't think that is one of the answers the Author (Lewis Carroll) thought of.

Mr.Mattress:

Raven's Nest:

Mr.Mattress:

While that's true, I don't think that is one of the answers the Author (Lewis Carroll) thought of.

Because Lewis Carroll famously didn't have an answer for it. He wrote the book and never bothered to solve his own riddle. Any answer you've heard such as (because Poe wrote on both) are just ones random people made up and therfore my answer is as valid as any other :)

Thought this one up a while ago

What is my name?

I wear a ruby in my shoulder,

I wear a sapphire on my foot,

I wear a belt of diamonds.

What is my name?

And just for fun, another one

You are in a room that is indestructible, with the walls, floor and ceiling not being able to be damaged in any way shape or form. All that you have with you is a pretzel stick. How do you get out?

Raven's Nest:

Mr.Mattress:

Raven's Nest:

Because Lewis Carroll famously didn't have an answer for it. He wrote the book and never bothered to solve his own riddle. Any answer you've heard such as (because Poe wrote on both) are just ones random people made up and therfore my answer is as valid as any other :)

Actually, because people bugged him so much about that 'stupid' riddle (According to him), he did come up with answers! The one I remember is "They both produce notes, though sometimes they're flat".

If you hit me, I will crack, but you'll never stop me from staring back, what am I?

Yes to anyone who recognizes this, I did steal this

Leemaster777:
I've got a good one:

What is the beginning of the end, the end of every place, the beginning of eternity, and the end of time and space?

The letter E.

Now a classic... What have I got in my pocket?

Naw, but here's a real one

The person who makes it doesn't need it
The person who buys it doesn't want it
And the person who uses it doesn't know it.

WinkyTheGreat:

Leemaster777:
I've got a good one:

The letter E.

renegade answer: a handkerchief. since if i am wrong you are going to need one.

Solo-Wing:

There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a White house. Inside the white house was a red house. Inside the red house were a lot of babies... What is it?

a watermelon. old riddle is old.

WinkyTheGreat:

a coffin. or grave(was used in a game.)

Mr.Mattress:

Raven's Nest:

Mr.Mattress:

Actually, because people bugged him so much about that 'stupid' riddle (According to him), he did come up with answers! The one I remember is "They both produce notes, though sometimes they're flat".

I had heard he made a few answers a short time after but seeing as the answer wasn't created with the riddle, I'd consider it an" unofficial" addition.... Much like how J K Rowling claimed Dumbledore was gay. If she knew it at the time then why not include it in the books themselves?

TopazFusion:

That post was legendary.

One day I'm going to a bar, getting drunk and whispering this riddle to someone. I only hope they give me a knowing smile as only someone who's spent some time on the Escapist could. That that riddle could be the password to some secret society.

Raven's Nest:

Mr.Mattress:

Raven's Nest:

I had heard he made a few answers a short time after but seeing as the answer wasn't created with the riddle, I'd consider it an" unofficial" addition.... Much like how J K Rowling claimed Dumbledore was gay. If she knew it at the time then why not include it in the books themselves?

Well, I guess that's reasonable. Still, my riddle is ruined XD I'll have to think of a new one.

WinkyTheGreat:

Leemaster777:
I've got a good one:

The letter E.

Naw, but here's a real one

A coffin.

Sorry I've got none to add... Oh no, wait here's an old one -

Riddle me, riddle me, rot-tot-tote!
A little wee man, in a red red coat!
A staff in his hand, and a stone in his throat;
If you'll tell me this riddle, I'll give you a groat.

(I won't actually give you a groat, it's just part of where the riddle came from)

Mr.Mattress:

Raven's Nest:

Mr.Mattress:

And nevar put with the wrong end in front.

This one's easier when you have it written down but whatever, I'll give it a shot.

5 + 5 + 5 = 550

Add one line to the left hand side to make this true.

When one doesn't know what it is, then it is something.
but when one knows what it is, then it is nothing.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked