Riddle time!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Blunderboy:

cloudywolf13:

Llil:

Right you are. I was one of those who had to think about it for a long while before finally figuring it out.

Here's another, more "classic" riddle:

God has none,
a king has few,
but the common man has many.
What is it?

Equals.

Here's an easy one. Two coins add up to 30 cents, but one of them isn't a nickel. What are they?

A nickel and five cents.

Um...No.

Fappy:

My fellow Atronach, Zedias-soko, was slain. The Altmer claims the Dunmer is guilty. The Dunmer says the Khajiit did it. The Orc swears he didn't kill Zedias-soko. The Khajiit says the Dunmer is lying. If only one of these speaks the truth, who killed Zedias-soko?

EDIT: And don't look up the answer you cheaters!

Is it the Altmer ?

EDIT: that can't be right...ARGH

Fappy:

I'm going to steal one from Morrowind. There were a few littered throughout the game:

My fellow Atronach, Zedias-soko, was slain. The Altmer claims the Dunmer is guilty. The Dunmer says the Khajiit did it. The Orc swears he didn't kill Zedias-soko. The Khajiit says the Dunmer is lying. If only one of these speaks the truth, who killed Zedias-soko?

I think the Orc is the killer and the Khajit is telling the truth.

cloudywolf13:

Equals.

Here's an easy one. Two coins add up to 30 cents, but one of them isn't a nickel. What are they?

Winner.

As for your riddle, one of the coins isn't a nickel, but the other is. So a nickel and a quarter.

cloudywolf13:

Llil:

TheDrunkNinja:

I like this one, took me a few minutes before it dawned on me:

Right you are. I was one of those who had to think about it for a long while before finally figuring it out.

Here's another, more "classic" riddle:

God has none,
a king has few,
but the common man has many.
What is it?

Equals.

A ten cent coin and a twenty cent coin obviously

cloudywolf13:

Blunderboy:

cloudywolf13:

Equals.

A nickel and five cents.

Um...No.

I'm not American so I've no idea how your money works. :P

Fappy:

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Best of the 3:

Old person / disabled person with 2 walking sticks?

EDIT: Person with a zimmerframe?

EDIT: A chair? XD

EDIT: Crap I suck a riddles.

Yeah it was a chair :P

EDIT: I'm quite surprised that wasn't your first guess >.>

I got it right away :P

I'm going to steal one from Morrowind. There were a few littered throughout the game:

As a massive Morrowind fan I'm going to quickly answer that. It's the Orc... if I remember correctly..?

I got bored so I'll just put more

What has a head, a tail, is colored brown, but has no legs?

Ripped from my mother's womb, I am beaten and burned, I become a blood thirsty killer. What am I?

How far will a blind dog walk in a forest?

and one more,
yyyy u r, yyyy u b, i c u r y y 4 ?
what should replace the question mark?

Edit:
I suppose I will put in the answers

Good job guys, it twas the Orc indeed.

Here's another from the same quest:

If you lie to me I will slay you with my sword. If you tell me the truth, I will slay you with a spell.

Will he slay you with a sword or with a spell?

Fappy:

If you lie to me I will slay you with my sword. If you tell me the truth, I will slay you with a spell.

Spell.
EDIT - No wait, sword. I always do that.

Fappy:

With a sword.

Blunderboy:
-Snip-

cloudywolf13:
-Snip-

This one is tricky because technically the correct answer is spell, though in game you want to answer sword as to avoid an actual fight. Here's the logic from UESP:

If you answer that the atronach will kill you with a spell, he will demonstrate that it is indeed the truth by attacking you. If, instead, you tell the atronach a lie - that he will slay you with a sword, he proves its falsehood by letting you go.

Snippy the Shoe:
Billy and Sue were both born on the same day and have the same parents but they are not twins. Why?

(Yeah i know this is a pretty common one but it's all i can think of right now.)

Took me a while, but I think I got it. They are two of a triplet.

More riddle (kind of a riddle anyway):

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.

Fappy:

Blunderboy:
-Snip-

cloudywolf13:
-Snip-

This one is tricky because technically the correct answer is spell, though in game you want to answer sword as to avoid an actual fight. Here's the logic from UESP:

If you answer that the atronach will kill you with a spell, he will demonstrate that it is indeed the truth by attacking you. If, instead, you tell the atronach a lie - that he will slay you with a sword, he proves its falsehood by letting you go.

You sneaky bugger. :p

Surpheal:
You are in a room that is indestructible, with the walls, floor and ceiling not being able to be damaged in any way shape or form. All that you have with you is a pretzel stick. How do you get out?

Use the door? (You never said there wasn't one.)

Here's a fairly easy one:

There is something that belongs to you, yet others use it far more often than yourself. What is it?

Fappy:

Blunderboy:
-Snip-

cloudywolf13:
-Snip-

That was my logic.

Another simple one.

A man and his son were in a car crash. The man died instantly and his son was rushed to the hospital for surgery. The doctor took one look at the boy and said "I can't operate on him, he's my son." How?

Llil:

Snippy the Shoe:
Billy and Sue were both born on the same day and have the same parents but they are not twins. Why?

(Yeah i know this is a pretty common one but it's all i can think of right now.)

Took me a while, but I think I got it. They are two of a triplet.

More riddle (kind of a riddle anyway):

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.

Correct!

And there's no letter "e" in that paragraph.

The more I dry, the wetter I get..

The more of me you take, the more of me that gets left behind..

Here's the last one from the quest. I won't list the answers because is far too easy with the answers provided for it, but I am sure you guys can figure it out without too much trouble.

A metal neither black nor red
As heavy as man's golden greed
What you do to stay ahead
With friend or arrow or steed

cloudywolf13:

Another simple one.

A man and his son were in a car crash. The man died instantly and his son was rushed to the hospital for surgery. The doctor took one look at the boy and said "I can't operate on him, he's my son." How?

The surgeon is his mother!

Riddles:)

cloudywolf13:

Fappy:

Blunderboy:
-Snip-

cloudywolf13:
-Snip-

That was my logic.

Another simple one.

There was a 3rd man in the car?

EDIT: Never mind I got it wrongs :P

Here's one I pitched during a school competition. My teachers liked it (can't remember where I got it from):

Four men sat down to play,
and played all night, 'til break of day.
They played for money, not for fun
With different scores for everyone.
When it came time to settle accounts
They all had made quite fair amounts.

Now none have lost and all have gained,
Tell me now: can you explain? (:

Timberwolf0924:

You're a towel.

Fappy:

cloudywolf13:

Fappy:

That was my logic.

Another simple one.

There was a 3rd man in the car?

How can you not know that one, it's one of the oldest: The doctor's a woman.

Samantha Burt:
Here's one I pitched during a school competition. My teachers liked it (can't remember where I got it from):

Four men sat down to play,
and played all night, 'til break of day.
They played for money, not for fun
With different scores for everyone.
When it came time to settle accounts
They all had made quite fair amounts.

Now none have lost and all have gained,
Tell me now: can you explain? (:

They are musicians

Blunderboy:

Timberwolf0924:

You're a towel.

Ding!

Edit

There are four brothers all born at the same time.
The first runs and never wearies.
The second eats and is never full.
The third drinks and is always thirsty.
The fourth sings a song that is never good.
Who are they?

If you say his name he will break, who is he?

And now, because I love the classics:

You live in a square house. All four sides face south. A bear walks by the house. What color is the bear?

cloudywolf13:

You live in a square house. All four sides face south. A bear walks by the house. What color is the bear?

White

Edit
Clarification - Polar Bear.

cloudywolf13:

It's white, because the house is around the south pole?
Maybe? I think?

Huh, my own riddle is pretty bad but still.

What can you never outrun?

Timberwolf0924:

cloudywolf13:

White

Edit
Clarification - Polar Bear.

Correct.

You are riding your white horse through the forest. How far into the forest can you go?

Patrick Buck:

cloudywolf13:

It's white, because the house is around the south pole?
Maybe? I think?

Huh, my own riddle is pretty bad but still.

What can you never outrun?

Actually, it's white because the house is at the north pole.

TheMann:

There is something that belongs to you, yet others use it far more often than yourself. What is it?

That would be my name.

Snippy the Shoe:

Correct!

And there's no letter "e" in that paragraph.

And you are correct as well.

I can't think of more riddles at the moment, so here's a logic puzzle instead.

Three prisoners are tied to chairs and are facing each other. They all have a hat with a blue or red feather on it, and everyone can only see the feathers of the two other prisoners, not their own. They are told that at least one of them has a blue feather, and that the game is fair for all three of them. The prisoners are not allowed to talk to each other and the first one to announce their own colour correctly will be set free.

The prisoners sat there for a long while, and then one of them announced the answer. What did he say? (And for bonus points, how did he figure it out?)

Solo-Wing:

Able Seacat:
Was it because the tape was already rewound which obviously the man couldn't have done after shooting himself?

EDIT: well I was well behind. Anywho, I have an eye but cannot see. I am stronger and faster then any man alive but have no limbs.

What am I?

EDIT 2:

Solo-Wing:
Ding ding ding!

"You go in through one hole but come out 3. Once you're inside you are ready to go outside. But even while you are outside you are still inside. What is it?"

A t-shirt?

DING DING DING!

With Pointed fangs it sits in wait. With piercing force it doles out fate. Over Bloodless victims proclaiming its might. Eternally joining in a single bite.

What is it?

A Staple

Timberwolf0924:

Blunderboy:

Timberwolf0924:

You're a towel.

Ding!

Silence.

Since no one answered this I'll post it again in case it got lost.

We are very little creatures; all of us have different features.
One of us in glass is set; one of us you'll find in jet.
Another you may see in tin, and a fourth is boxed within.
If the fifth you should pursue, it can never fly from you.
What are we?

Blunderboy:

Timberwolf0924:

Blunderboy:

You're a towel.

Ding!

Silence.

What are we?

Vowels?

cloudywolf13:

Blunderboy:

Timberwolf0924:

Ding!

Silence.

What are we?

Vowels?

Thankee-sai cloudywolf13, you have spoken true.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked