Role-playing thread guidelines. UPDATE: 5 November 2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

I have a question about starting an RP

What if you have an idea which you are not completely sure will get enough members into it. Is it permissible to create a 'recruiting/interest check' thread to make sure that there are enough people that would join before making a full fledged RP thread?

Also, what are the forum's views on a series of short but interconnected RPs designed to be concluded within 20 or so pages?

TenSARS:

What if you have an idea which you are not completely sure will get enough members into it. Is it permissible to create a 'recruiting/interest check' thread to make sure that there are enough people that would join before making a full fledged RP thread?

Interest threads are allowed, in fact, that's the way it goes. Your post your idea, and if people like it, they join.

TenSARS:

Also, what are the forum's views on a series of short but interconnected RPs designed to be concluded within 20 or so pages?

Different people have different tastes, but if the idea is good enough, and it works, I don't think many would protest.

I have a question, on the forum, I normally do RPing on, we can have a OOC topic and then the posting story topic. Is it possible to have that here?

Korten12:
I have a question, on the forum, I normally do RPing on, we can have a OOC topic and then the posting story topic. Is it possible to have that here?

While you -could- make two different threads, I would actually sooner recommend you make a user group for your OOC talk or your RP.

TenSARS:

Absolutely. Just a discussion about the concept is fine, too.

It's been done before here, and I say the shorter, the better. Less chance of 'em dying out.

TenSARS:

I would, if I where you, post your idea, see if people like it or not, and go from there.

Odds are they will go for it, its a preety open minded group here.

Korten12:

What i have figured out doing is the following.

make a spoiler tag wihth the [ and ] keys, but i will sub them with < and> so you can see.

what you do is

Brad Shepard:

Korten12:

What I have figured out doing is the following.
Make a spoiler tag with the [ and ] keys, but I will sub them with < and > so you can see.
What you do is

Most Escapist tags work with either [ ] or < >. Here's a (no offence) better example:

[ spoiler=OOC]
Your out-of-character message here.
[/spoiler]

Simply remove the space in the opening tag and it'll work.

WTF?

My thread got locked for NO REASON. Thanks escapist moderators, making this website suck forever.

i must concur with Quoth the Fire Daemon...lest we all fall to the flame

All of this information is very usefull to me...but...nobody it still telling me HOW i even start up an RP...so untill that happens all i can do is keep reading through forums and getting usefull info like this

DigimonReachOfficial:
All of this information is very useful to me...but...nobody it still telling me HOW i even start up an RP...so until that happens all i can do is keep reading through forums and getting useful info like this

There's a button at the top of the forums called "New Topic". I struggle to think how you haven't seen it before.

DigimonReachOfficial:
All of this information is very usefull to me...but...nobody it still telling me HOW i even start up an RP...so untill that happens all i can do is keep reading through forums and getting usefull info like this

If I may be so vain as to plug my own guide there's a small section on starting something out
right here

There's probably somewhere much better to suggest this, but seeing as a mod is watching this thread for suggestions I'll try my luck here...

Would it be possible to split up the forum games and RP into seperate sections? There are definitely RPs going on, but they're a lot harder to find because even the active ones get bumped a few pages away by the forum games which are a lot more active. It'd be more organised and easier to find things you want to participate in. I'm sure everyone would appreciate it, and hopefully it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Cozzzy:
There's probably somewhere much better to suggest this, but seeing as a mod is watching this thread for suggestions I'll try my luck here...

Would it be possible to split up the forum games and RP into seperate sections? There are definitely RPs going on, but they're a lot harder to find because even the active ones get bumped a few pages away by the forum games which are a lot more active. It'd be more organised and easier to find things you want to participate in. I'm sure everyone would appreciate it, and hopefully it wouldn't be too much trouble.

This is a subject that's been brought up constantly. I'm certain the powers have been considering it for a while. I'm fairly certain that it's unlikely this will ever happen, ( I'm not sure what's the official outlook on this). As for your trouble finding RP's well... I can't really help you, there isn't a consistently updated index you can look check out. So all I can really say is to check out the older pages.

Cozzzy:

Considering there's only a handful of Forum Games I don't think they warrant their own forum.
You should bookmark your RP so you don't lose it (it'll appear on the front page).

Captainguy42:

This is a subject that's been brought up constantly. I'm certain the powers have been considering it for a while. I'm fairly certain that it's unlikely this will ever happen, ( I'm not sure what's the official outlook on this). As for your trouble finding RP's well... I can't really help you, there isn't a consistently updated index you can look check out. So all I can really say is to check out the older pages.

I think a consistently updated index isn't a bad idea and I'll look into that idea for you. Hopefully I can find someone to take it.

Sevre90210:

Cozzzy:

Considering there's only a handful of Forum Games I don't think they warrant their own forum.
You should bookmark your RP so you don't lose it (it'll appear on the front page).

Captainguy42:

I think a consistently updated index isn't a bad idea and I'll look into that idea for you. Hopefully I can find someone to take it.

.........Ok ok...Yes yes...Fine...Damn my need to please and work!...I like making stuff like this so I'll do it.

Thank you very much for taking the time to set out rules for us. Without this, I bet RPs would be very difficult to manage if not ran right for starters. I really appreciate it of course my Fellow Escapist.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked