The Escapist Crossword #1

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Put your brain to to the test with this week's Escapist Crossword. Hmmm...what's an 8-letter word for "brilliant"?

Read Full Article

E-S-C-A-P-I-S-T?

Finished, thanks for the puzzler.

So there aren't any badges for finishing it? For shame.

Lukeje:

Maybe in the future, if people like them. For now it's just an experiment :P

Virgil:

Lukeje:

Maybe in the future, if people like them. For now it's just an experiment :P

It was fun, it's just there were a few 'America oriented' clues that I had to google (which is standard for an American based gaming website I suppose).

I don't know why, but when I click on the link my Internet window stops responding.
Is anyone else having this problem? Or, does anyone know how to fix it?

Good crossword. Had to look up a few answers but at least some of it wasn't easy.

10 Across I can only guess at though.

3 Small suggestions.

I clicked a link and it went away from the page and I went back and had to start over...twice.
It would be good if it could save what you've typed after each word or something.

Have it only bring up the completed message when all the letters input are correct.

and there was something else but I can't remember what ><

Myles Mellor:

Put your brain to to the test with this week's Escapist Crossword. Hmmm...what's an 8-letter word for "brilliant"?

Read Full Article

Will you be giving us the answers eventually? Would be nice :)

14 and 10 across was guesswork, here, and.. well, it doesn't tell you whether you were right! That's kinda disappointing. :) Still, all in good fun. Another reason for me to be awake at 3 in the morning.

Lots of fun. Thanks.

Aperama:
and.. well, it doesn't tell you whether you were right! That's kinda disappointing. :) Still, all in good fun. Another reason for me to be awake at 3 in the morning.

When you finish the puzzle, if everything's right, you'll get a popup telling you.

Sennz0r:

Will you be giving us the answers eventually? Would be nice :)

We'll post the answers to this week's puzzle when we put up next week's puzzle. (Assuming you guys want a puzzle next week, that is.)

Keep the feedback and suggestions coming - your comments are a big help in letting us know what needs tweaking.

TheBlueRabbit:
Lots of fun. Thanks.

Aperama:
and.. well, it doesn't tell you whether you were right! That's kinda disappointing. :) Still, all in good fun. Another reason for me to be awake at 3 in the morning.

When you finish the puzzle, if everything's right, you'll get a popup telling you.

No, I just filled the last few in with random letters and it said "congratulations" to me :]

Ah, you scheming devils. How did you know I'm a crossword-puzzle addict?

Well done. More, I say!

Not sure if this is in the cards or previously mentioned, but a printable version would be nice.

A downloadable version would be nice.

EDIT: Printable (as stated above) would also be good but it would give a mess with all the correcting I think.

Either way people could check back what their entries were and if they got it right.

nice, me like, i would defenatly like to see more

11 Across has too few letters, I can't fit my name in. ;)

32 minutes as time to beat :)

Gotta say that's the largest amount of X's I've ever seen in a puzzle.

Nice, but rather too American-centric for the Escapist, isn't it?

It was good, but some of those were nigh on unknowable without a googling for me.

Good idea.. not my cup of tea though.

xitel:
It was good, but some of those were nigh on unknowable without a googling for me.

I dunno, I found most of the answers in this week's Escapist.

I'm having trouble w/ 10 and 36 across, as well as 37 and 38 down.

EDIT: Everything else appears to be right, though.

EDIT EDIT: K, nevermind. Got it. I don't know why I had so much trouble w/ 10 across now, and I didn't honestly think that 36 across was what it was.

great new feature but i suck at crosswords. i wonder if they will start to give you badges for completing the crosswords?

9of9:
Nice, but rather too American-centric for the Escapist, isn't it?

Well, we are an American company, after all, but the puzzle didn't seem overwhelmingly American. Sure, we have a clue about Madison, but we also have one about a Russian river and a Chinese board game.

And badges (and perhaps other rewards) is absolutely something we'll be considering, should we do more of these. :)

That's a neat trick to get us to read more Escapist articles for answers. An it's fun, even if I can't get anywhere near all of them without help. If there's no reward for finishing, it would be nice if we were told whether or not we got it right after an answer, but I can see not doing that if you want to give a reward for finishing.

Very fun. Although i would prefer this coming out on a weekday, lets say 9-9.30am UK time. That would be perfect.

didnt finish mind, i'm stuck on 10 across, 16 across and 8 down.

edit; i put in the only words i could think of in those lines and it said congratulations you finished the puzzle. Does that mean i was right, or was that just a sympathetic pat on the head?

The one thing I would say is that all the 2-letter words can get a bit tiresome. A few more gaming-related ones would also be appreciated considering the nature of the website, but overall I liked it and would continue to do them if more were created.

Damn you 10 across! My only one left.

easiest crossword i've ever completed

10 across is rather hard, but *knocks on wood* you should get it.

Hahaha the Snatch reference made me laugh =]

thenumberthirteen:
Damn you 10 across! My only one left.

Finished! That took longer than I thought it would.

Quite possibly the most enjoyable crossword I have done so far. More fantasy and gaming words! Loved those most of all.

That was an awesome crossword, thank you! :)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here