Choose Your Own Adventure: W E A K

Let's do a Choose Your Own Adventure type of game. I did one here earlier: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.881554-Choose-Your-Own-Adventure?page=1

The skinny is you post commands that start with verbs and I'll execute whichever one gets the most votes, or if it's a tie I'll just do all of the commands in a somewhat logical order. You can do whatever is feasible and your character will do their best to follow the command. But first we need to start with the basics.

You are having a nightmare.

You are drifting alone on a boat. The sea is black. The waves start to crash against your ship, harder and harder until the boards rip apart. The darkness squirms down your throat, into your eyes, into your ears. And then you wake up.

For a second, you forget who you are. The only thing you can think about is the nightmare, the familiarity of it. You've had this dream before, you've had it almost every night. You touch your face.

And then you begin to remember.

You live alone.

You've lived alone for a very long time. It wasn't always like this. Was it?

You love this house, this big empty building sitting somewhere in the suburbs. You're familiar with every part of it. It is your definition of the word "home."

You get up and prepare to face the day. Some days you wake up feeling strong and ready. But on days like today, days where you can still taste the darkness in your mouth, days where you feel something wriggling into your eye, you can't help but feel

W E A K

There is a black mist pressing up against your door, your windows, so thick you can barely see out of it. There is a slow, methodical knocking coming from your door. What do you do?
Health: 10/10
Food: Enough for 10 days

Peek through the door's peephole, if it has one.

JUMP OUT THE WINDOW IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO SURVIVE

Sure, being a peeper sounds like a good plan to me.

Grab a bat, kick down the door, and murder whatever's on the other side- I mean... look through a peephole or something.

You take a look through the peephole. Your doorstep seems untouched by the darkness, but beyond that there is an infinity of nothing.

At your doorstep is a man in a business suit. He's wearing a tie and holding a briefcase. He is grinning from ear to ear, knocking slowly on your door. As you look on, you almost feel like he's looking back.

Let him in, ignore him, or do something else?
Health: 10/10
Food: Enough for 10 days

He seems nice enough! I am sure nothing ill will come of it!

Shrug your shoulders, pick up a broom, and open the door.

You open the door with a broom in your hand. "Hello!" says the businessman, standing politely at your doorstep. His skin is stretched awkwardly around his skull. "I have a proposition for you. Could I come in?"

ONE PUNCH HIM!


He's obviously evil, no good man wears a suit that good.

You step forward and sock him in the face. The man was stumbles backwards, dropping his briefcase on your doorstep.

"I see," says the business man. His form dissipates into a thick darkness that becomes one with the blackness around you.

What now?

personion:
You step forward and sock him in the face. The man was stumbles backwards, dropping his briefcase on your doorstep.

"I see," says the business man. His form dissipates into a thick darkness that becomes one with the blackness around you.

What now?

Panick & run around in circles obviously.

 

Reply to Thread

Log in or Register to Comment
Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  
  
Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here