Saudi Crown Prince dead after helicopter crash

http://nypost.com/2017/11/05/saudi-prince-killed-in-helicopter-crash/

So the Crown Prince of the Saudi family has died after he (and 7 other high ranking officials) died in a helicopter crash. It's too soon to tell what caused this, some are saying it may have been sabotage (after all the prince was a reformer trying to pull the country into the 21st century, a not particularly small leap of 700 years) while others think it may have been a tragic mechanical failure.

Whatever it was remains to be seen, but what's not hard to see is that Saudi ruled Arabia will likely see an end to its attempts to pull itself out of the dark age, at least for now. Looks like nothing short of invasion will bring the country into modernity.

Zontar:
Looks like nothing short of invasion will bring the country into modernity.

Yeah, because look how modern Iraq is these days. They've totally industrialised their production of IEDs.

You...DO realize that the US is literally giving them the weapons they're basically genociding the Yemenis with, right? And Canada is giving them their troop transports?

You realize that although basically anyone with power in Western Governements has supported them across the past few decades, your beloved conservative governments are even more openly in love with them?

Because they control a very large chunk of the world's oil production?

If all the western governments are in bed with them because "oil", just who the hell is going to invade them?

Zontar:
So the Crown Prince of the Saudi family has died

Nope. The Saudi Crown Prince (heir to the kingdom) is fine.

I believe all members of the House of Saud have the title of prince or princess. Bear in mind there are about 15,000 of them, so losing one or two of them isn't that big a deal, even if this one that died was a relatively big cheese compared to most.

aegix drakan:

If all the western governments are in bed with them because "oil", just who the hell is going to invade them?

Maybe a Western government that wants more direct control over the oil instead of leaving it in the hands of our de facto enemies?

I don't know. I just know that like most of the middle east that country leaving the middle ages behind doesn't seem like it'll happen any time soon at this rate.

My sympathies to this particular prince (somewhat not really), and no... I doubt very much it was an accident. I will imagine that certain voices in Saudi Arabia will pin this on Yemenite anti-Saudi fighters, as well. After all... highly convenient a Saudi prince and a cabin of 'officials' going down in a conflict zone.

Shock horror.

It's like killing two birds with one stone by pretending it's terrorism rather than a concerted effort to fight off persistent invasion.

Zontar:
http://nypost.com/2017/11/05/saudi-prince-killed-in-helicopter-crash/

So the Crown Prince of the Saudi family has died after he (and 7 other high ranking officials) died in a helicopter crash. It's too soon to tell what caused this, some are saying it may have been sabotage (after all the prince was a reformer trying to pull the country into the 21st century, a not particularly small leap of 700 years) while others think it may have been a tragic mechanical failure.

Whatever it was remains to be seen, but what's not hard to see is that Saudi ruled Arabia will likely see an end to its attempts to pull itself out of the dark age, at least for now. Looks like nothing short of invasion will bring the country into modernity.

Literally first two sentences of your source explain the crown prince and the dead prince are different people, making this whole topic of discussion a big ????

#justzontarthings.

Dude, read the articles you link before making posts. Bin Salman isn't dead.

Jux:
Dude, read the articles you link before making posts. Bin Salman isn't dead.

Pulling links straight from 4chan is much simpler and requires no critical thinking though. "Listen and Believe" at its finest.

...The crown prince of Saudi Arabia is Mohammed bin Salman. The prince who died in the crash was Mansour bin Muqrin.

Asita:
...The crown prince of Saudi Arabia is Mohammed bin Salman. The prince who died in the crash was Mansour bin Muqrin.

An Heir and a Spare.

Asita:
The prince who died in the crash was Mansour bin Muqrin.

I suspect the confusion is that Mansour bin Muqrin was briefly crown prince for a few months. He was deputy to the current king Salman during his time as crown prince so became crown prince upon the succession. However, Salman clearly didn't like him much and removed him from the line a few months after coming to the throne.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here