Give Trump a TV Show again

Bit of levity.

So, I was thinking. People are always going on about impeaching him and shit which seemingly won't work (not too invested in how all that works, no idea). But what if he were to just leave of his own accord? I mean, surely there is nothing stopping him from doing that, right?

Now, I know some of you think as Trump like a Hitler 2.0. Honestly, I don't, I see him more as a crazy self-obsessed clown.

So, how about we just give him a Show again? You know, a Netflix Original "Can't stump the Trump" or something.

And here's the trick, we make his show super popular, everyone loves it but we have the rating immediantly tank once he's doing something presidenty. I'm pretty sure he'd rather flock to where he's getting praise, so I imagine he'd spend less and less time on presidenting and more and more on his Show until eventually he just quits being president to focus on his Show and at which point we can all drop the charade. Maybe we could even do some spin-offs to get people like Kim Jong Un away from any significant authority.

I imagine if you told him the film crew needed to live-broadcast super-secret national security meetings in order to improve (already the best!) ratings, it'd get a great big thumbs-up (from a pair of very tiny hands).

Fischgopf:
So, how about we just give him a Show again?

Doesn't he already have the biggest show in the world? It's called the news, and it's carried on every major network plus newspapers, internet, etc. in every country.

Agema:

Fischgopf:
So, how about we just give him a Show again?

Doesn't he already have the biggest show in the world? It's called the news, and it's carried on every major network plus newspapers, internet, etc. in every country.

Nah, he may be the Star but it is decidedly not his Show, if it were he wouldn't be catching shit nearly as often and really that's where I see the Key to it all.

The thing is, as much as I dislike Trump. One of the bigger risks he poses is that he can push through republican law, policy, supreme court candidates etc. One of his biggest advantages is that he is generally incompetent at doing that and that he alienates people in the process who might vote left next election. Mike Pence seems as vile as Trump, religiously much more fanatical and much more effective. Pence might not be as close with the far/alt-right and more trustworthy with the nuclear codes but on the issues that are most likely to be close races, I fear Pence more than Trump.

So, I think the American left had best sit out the coming three years (whilst getting in the way of everything Trump wants to do whereever possible) and let the democrates run a candidate that people like next time. Preferably a left-wing one.

This week on Fox, a new season of POTUS Donald Trump in State of Senility! Get ready to howl with laughter as Grandpa Donnie tweets from the crapper! New hilarious schemes to get into his daughter's pants! More guest appearances by those wacky Russian neighbors Vlad and Oleg! The season heats up as the UN gets together to stage an intervention on Donnie. Will the White House be the same after conflicts in Israel and Palestine escalate? Will it finally be time to push The Button?! Find out on the new season of State of Senility, Thursdays at 8 only on Fox!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here