Joe Arpaio running for senator of Arizona

Because Moore wasn't enough apparently.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/joe-arpaio-running-senate-arizona_us_5a54e860e4b01e1a4b1a069d

For those of you who don't know, Joe Arpaio used to be a sheriff. An utterly fucking horrible one. He ran a concentration camp (HIS WORDS!) where over a hundred people died, told investigators to ignore rape charges, and a bunch of other stuff that I could spend all day on. He was found guilty of criminal contempt for detaining people he suspected were undocumented immigrants, regardless of whether or not he had evidence, despite being ordered to stop. Trump pardoned him. And now he's running for senator of Arizona. And the worst part is, he's doing fairly well in the polls, at least in terms of the Republican Primary.

Can I just say the Republican party has a bit of an image problem, and that people like Moore and Arpaio are NOT helping it? At fucking all? Some people get angry when the GOP is accused of racism. But when people like Moore and Arpaio seem to do very well among the hardcore GOP base, what the hell are people SUPPOSED to think?

Well, fingers crossed that he goes the way of Moore. Trump barely won Arizona, as opposed to the more comfortable lead he had in Alabama, and it seems GOP senators that do horrible things is a good way to get people to turn out to vote against them.

So, here's what I think will happen as the token (former) resident of AZ:

Apraio, a huge Trump supporter, will run against another Trump supporter, Kelli Ward, and they will probably cannibalize each other. Which leaves the other Republican on the ticket, Martha McSally, the most likely winner. She's a moderate Republican. I know there are other Republicans running, but I highly doubt that they will win.

Which will end with McSally and the Democratic candidate, Krysten Sinema. Sinema has already been in the Senate and has experience. So, she has a good shot at winning.

I know Trent Franks, Andy Briggs, and Matt Salmon might run, but I highly doubt that they will have a shot since they're really not that well liked in AZ.

Look, I'm not happy about Arpaio coming out of whatever rock he decided to crawl out of, but I don't think he'll win. He's not liked in AZ, and there's a huge Hispanic population there that will not tolerate his BS. The fact that he has a presidential pardon will be taken advantage of and will be used against him by his opponents.

If for some reason that he wins the Republican ticket, he will be destroyed.

Keep in mind, this could all change since this is just for Jeff Flakes seat, and not John McCain's seat. If McCain has to step down due to health reasons, this could come back and Arpaio could give it another shot.

That he can even run is another sign of our broken system. He should be in jail. Trump's pardon of him is fascist bullshit.

erttheking:
Can I just say the Republican party has a bit of an image problem, and that people like Moore and Arpaio are NOT helping it? At fucking all? Some people get angry when the GOP is accused of racism. But when people like Moore and Arpaio seem to do very well among the hardcore GOP base, what the hell are people SUPPOSED to think?

Eh, they only have an image problem if they are trying to avoid a certain kind of image. They seem rather half-hearted on that.

Is this the point where we pray the people in a green state are not stoned on election day? Because that could happen.

Huh

So we've graduated from a statutory rapist to an indirect murderer and human rights violator?

Say what you will about the American right, they're always upping this game. They're going places.

Specifically the same place Germany headed towards in the late 30's.

Seriously though, Arpaio in a monster who should be in a shitty prison cell and the fact that this is even happening is all the proof we need to condemn the GOP and Trump specifically and anyone who casts a vote for this turd, just buy your damn Klan hoods. There's literally no reason to pretend you DON'T hate brown people and want them to suffer and die if you vote for a man who literally did that.

I can't wait to see the usual suspects try to defend this guy. Should be fun to watch.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here