State of the Union

It was pretty boring, to be honest.

He didn't make any major gaffes. He repeated the same bullshit promises he made when campaigning, like how he'd tackle the opiod crisis (but he doesn't want to spend money on it) or rebuild the country's infrastructure (but he doesn't want to spend money on it). He took credit for some shit he doesn't deserve credit for and dissed the Dreamers, whose fates are looking increasingly bleak.

Otherwise it was just basic bullshit.

The Independent Party response was pretty good, though.

Who cares what he says or does in his position as an official? I just want to know if he does weird stuff like eat ice cream before bed with a fork or demands that all his underwear have his wife's face on it so I can act like minor trivialities about a billionaire reality star who became the fucking president are major scandals. Remember to subscribe and smash that li-oh wait this isn't Buzzfeed.

I caught snippets of it while working out the other day. It had a lot of nice things in it.....but the kind of nice things that can almost instantly be dismissed as so much hot air. Though when he started going on and on about North Korea, I started worrying that he's going to pull a we start bombing in 5 minutes thing, but for reals. Glad he didn't.

And what is with Americans applauding after every couple of sentences? It got really annoying.

Major Tom:

And what is with Americans applauding after every couple of sentences? It got really annoying.

Americans just fucking love clapping. Its like how British people love tea or French love croissonts. Americans just love clapping.

Boring is a good word for it. Trump was full of his usual bs, but he managed to stay sane and on script for the entire time.

On the other hand, I absolutely love that this little tidbit came out of it afterwards:

On the surface, this just is a typical self-aggrandizing tweet from Trump.

However, it so also completely, objectively wrong.
http://time.com/5128429/donald-trump-state-of-the-union-ratings-fact-check/

He's such a delusional narcissist that he put this out after the Nielson ratings showing otherwise were released.

Other than him blatantly asking Congress to give his administration the power to fire any federal employee whenever they wanted, yeah it was a boring speech filled with a bunch of empty words and laughable rhetoric. Hell he even sounded bored out of his mind delivering the damn thing. And of coarse, as it is whenever he reads from a teleprompter and stays with the script, a bunch of pundits will praise how presidential he is and how this was such a nice moment. Because ya know, some people just have the memory of a damn goldfish.

Here Comes Tomorrow:

Major Tom:

Americans just fucking love clapping. Its like how British people love tea or French love croissonts. Americans just love clapping.

No we don't. That's just all that the trained seals who work in our government are good for.

Here Comes Tomorrow:

Major Tom:

You know who else liked clapping? The people in the same room as Stalin after he had given a speech...

Catnip1024:

Here Comes Tomorrow:

Major Tom:

You know who else liked clapping? The people in the same room as Stalin after he had given a speech...

I clapped at this post. Whoops, looks like you're LITERALLY a Stalin now. People clapped at Hitler to. HOLY SHIT. How deep does this rabbit hole go?

You know who else got the clap? Obama.

Here Comes Tomorrow:

You know who else got the clap?

Uh... Are we talking about the same thing still?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here