America: where the government losing 1500 kids doesn't make the news cycle.

You, know, I'm actually in awe. I never thought I'd see administration so dysfunctional that the Department of Health and Human Services losing almost 20% of the migrant kids it put into temporary foster care isn't a humongous scandal.

I mean, sure, the only reason these kids were separated from their parents in the first place is because of just setting up deportation precedings we've decided to hold the parents in for-profit detention centers until we can bring them actual criminal charges so we can imprison them at for-profit prisons before eventually deporting them, because capitalism, but c'mon. How do you lose track of 1475 kids? Maybe that's why we're touring military bases to house these children now.

I swear to god, if pizzagate was projection all along, I'ma commit murders.

Don't you just FUCKING LOVE the Trump administration?

Projection's all they got. Anything else would require imagination.

Modern-day slavery and human trafficking especially of minors are issues that need way more public awareness than they currently are given, regardless of how uncomfortable it might make some people. Making a certain origin of human illegal in any country pushes them into the hands of the most immoral predators, it's basically gifting them ribbon-tied and consequence free.

altnameJag:

I mean, sure, the only reason these kids were separated from their parents in the first place is because of just setting up deportation precedings we've decided to hold the parents in for-profit detention centers until we can bring them actual criminal charges so we can imprison them at for-profit prisons before eventually deporting them, because capitalism

Actually it's a bit more than that. Before they outright denied they were separating the kids from their parents (they were), but now they've come out and outright said it's policy as a deterrent. They're literally saying "if you try it, we'll take your fucking kids away from you". It's not just about what you've pointed out, they're doing it just to be cruel. I remember reading something about people in the administration actually fuming that we weren't doing it enough in the first place too which is just...fucked. It's just fucked up. "Why aren't we taking the little wastes of space? That'll fucking teach them". That's literally their mindset.

And of COARSE they would lose track of some of these kids. Not like they give a single shit about them, or anyone or anything outside of their own little bubbles. Immigration related scandals have pretty much been ignored in general. ICE in particular is going wild now that their leash is gone. Hell, they recently arrested a comedian who made a joke about killing ICE agents on fucking twitter.

Nedoras:
Hell, they recently arrested a comedian who made a joke about killing ICE agents on fucking twitter.

Nah, they didn't arrest him. They did visit him at his house, though.

BreakfastMan:

Nedoras:
Hell, they recently arrested a comedian who made a joke about killing ICE agents on fucking twitter.

So slightly better than Dankula. No courts but probably a lot of threats

erttheking:
Don?t you just FUCKING LOVE the Trump administration?

To be fair, this seems to be an ongoing trainwreck. Judging by the critical 2016 report, the 2014 case where the department released minors directly to traffickers, etc.

Some issues are administration independent.

trunkage:

BreakfastMan:

Nedoras:

So slightly better than Dankula. No courts but probably a lot of threats

Chapo Trap House actually did an interview with him, the situation actually seemed pretty funny from how he described it in that. But yeah, he did get off lighter than Dankula (tho Dankula only got a fine from what I recall).

BreakfastMan:

Nedoras:

Huh...I thought I read they arrested and detained him for a day. Still fucked though. They've really been pushing the boundaries of what they're allowed to do lately.

Sadly, The " system" losing children is not new. They have been kidnapping native american children from reservations for generations and funneling them into Christian homes and schools. It never ended and is still rampant till this day. If my family had not left the reservation when they had, I may very well have been one of those "lost" children. They took us by force to the Christian indoctrination schools when we were children, where they raped, physically and emotionally abused us and tried to convince us that who we are, where we come from and our families and traditions are evil. My family got us out of there, too many are not able to ever do so or even find their children. Immigrants have it even more difficult than those from the reservations.

Groups of these immigrant children come through here in town as well, and yes they are doing to them the same as was done to me. They are indoctrinating and abusing them and it is terrible. The reality in this area though is people do not have the power to stop the Christian religious organizations and stop it from happening as they control the local, state and federal agencies that would be responsible for stopping them. The less resources the immigrants receive from the government, the more dependent they become upon the church thus maintaining the churches control and power over them. Help to even survive is dependent on becoming a Christian and serving the church. The way it is set up here, immigrants have no where to turn but to the church they have no other options.

These are likely some of the lost children that came through here:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/category/news-general/3336006-undocumented-children-arrive-in-rockwall-county/

At this point America is the big, mean, ugly, bully with the only thing keeping them in power is their, well...raw power.

As a nation the USA has LOST its' claim as the bastion of freedom, liberalism, morality, and democracy.
:(

What? No, no, no. The government didn't lose any kids. They weren't the government's kids! They were immigrants.

That makes it okay.

Tanis:

As a nation the USA has LOST its' claim as the bastion of freedom, liberalism, morality, and democracy.

It never was.

Tanis:
At this point America is the big, mean, ugly, bully with the only thing keeping them in power is their, well...raw power.

Unfortunately, I've been noticing, usually for someone to have freedom, you have to take it from someone else

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here