Me too

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Ninjamedic:

crypticracer:

I have a harder time believing a bunch of people forming a nefarious conspiracy. People are shit and those things easily fall apart.

Now where exactly did I imply that?

Sorry, you didn't. That was my bad, your quote just inspired my post. The idea being that 1 person accuser becomes he said she said, but with each further accuser the chance of it not being true becomes exponetially lower.

OP: name a celebrity/politician who you have enough faith in to say that nothing will come out aboot

Half of the tread: white nationalism discussion.

Guys, don't feed the Zontar. He is here just to talk propaganda.

Really 2 questions:
1: Is there anyone I think beyond reproach. Sure. People like James Franco.
2: Is anyone safe from accusations? Nope. Not even James Franco.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/james-franco-called-out-over-golden-globes-win-by-actress-ally-sheedy

Gorfias:
Really 2 questions:
1: Is there anyone I think beyond reproach. Sure. People like James Franco.
2: Is anyone safe from accusations? Nope. Not even James Franco.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/james-franco-called-out-over-golden-globes-win-by-actress-ally-sheedy

Why James Franco of all people?

CaitSeith:
OP: name a celebrity/politician who you have enough faith in to say that nothing will come out aboot

Half of the tread: white nationalism discussion.

Yet they keep biting.

Souplex:

He is handsome, talented, wealthy and young. He is a powerful male. To the extent that the 80/20 rule is true, he is certainly in the 20. I think women throw themselves at him. So, why would he act inappropriately to anyone?

Course I thought that of Bill Cosby only to later hear of him openly speaking of the joys of using Spanish Fly on women. Disappointing to say the least.

CaitSeith:

Gotta love the Zontar! A different voice around here. *throws some Zontar snacks into the room* :-)

Gorfias:

Souplex:

He is handsome, talented, wealthy and young. He is a powerful male. To the extent that the 80/20 rule is true, he is certainly in the 20. I think women throw themselves at him. So, why would he act inappropriately to anyone?

Because he (or a hypothetical person in his position) is a bad person? Sex crimes are terrible crimes, not the sex-poor taking from the sex-rich.

Thaluikhain:

Gorfias:

Souplex:

Because he (or a hypothetical person in his position) is a bad person? Sex crimes are terrible crimes, not the sex-poor taking from the sex-rich.

The implication is that the good old "time and place for everything" could be "just about all the time" for a guy like James Franco.

It obviously isn't, though Franco might even think so himself.

edit: wait-wait-wait, I read through the article and he hasn't even had anybody accuse him of anything, just a disgruntled tweet - now deleted - with no tangible context.

Gorfias:
I think women throw themselves at him. So, why would he act inappropriately to anyone?

People don't act inappropriately because they're driven to it by necessity. People act inappropriately either because they don't realise it's inappropriate (for whatever reason), or because they do know but don't care.

Now, sure, somebody with very little sexual experience might act inappropriately if they don't realise they're doing so. But somebody with lots of sexual experience might get so used to it that they feel entitled to it, and act inappropriately as a result of that.

Gorfias:

Souplex:

Men often want what they cannot have. Personally, I do not find him attractive at all, he has a "creep" vibe to me. I am sure I am not the only woman who find him to be "not my type". What one woman finds attractive another may be totally repulsed by. Not all women are even attracted to men for their wealth or celebrity and are pretty indifferent to that or even see that as a negative rather than a positive. What people are and are not attracted to widely varies, so it would be terribly false to ever think that simply because you think a guy is attractive and wealthy that every woman's panties would drop for them. That is not how this works in reality.

EVERY guy who behaved inappropriately with me would be considered attractive and at least financially well off if not completely wealthy as the man who raped me as a child was. ( Not only did he literally live in a house that looked like a castle, he was a 24 year old extremely buff attractive male bouncer for an elite club in Dallas) Those are some of the worst offenders as they believe they can do whatever they wish to whoever they like.

Silvanus:

People don't act inappropriately because they're driven to it by necessity. People act inappropriately either because they don't realise it's inappropriate (for whatever reason), or because they do know but don't care.

Now, sure, somebody with very little sexual experience might act inappropriately if they don't realise they're doing so. But somebody with lots of sexual experience might get so used to it that they feel entitled to it, and act inappropriately as a result of that.

Interesting thoughts and you could be right.

Lil devils x:

Men often want what they cannot have. Personally, I do not find him attractive at all, he has a "creep" vibe to me.

I sure would rather look like him than me!

I am sure I am not the only woman who find him to be "not my type". What one woman finds attractive another may be totally repulsed by. Not all women are even attracted to men for their wealth or celebrity and are pretty indifferent to that or even see that as a negative rather than a positive. What people are and are not attracted to widely varies, so it would be terribly false to ever think that simply because you think a guy is attractive and wealthy that every woman's panties would drop for them. That is not how this works in reality.

EVERY guy who behaved inappropriately with me would be considered attractive and at least financially well off if not completely wealthy as the man who raped me as a child was. ( Not only did he literally live in a house that looked like a castle, he was a 24 year old extremely buff attractive male bouncer for an elite club in Dallas) Those are some of the worst offenders as they believe they can do whatever they wish to whoever they like.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing. I hope in this case, Franco actually is a good egg.

Gorfias:

Silvanus:

Interesting thoughts and you could be right.

Lil devils x:

Men often want what they cannot have. Personally, I do not find him attractive at all, he has a "creep" vibe to me.

I sure would rather look like him than me!

I am sure I am not the only woman who find him to be "not my type". What one woman finds attractive another may be totally repulsed by. Not all women are even attracted to men for their wealth or celebrity and are pretty indifferent to that or even see that as a negative rather than a positive. What people are and are not attracted to widely varies, so it would be terribly false to ever think that simply because you think a guy is attractive and wealthy that every woman's panties would drop for them. That is not how this works in reality.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing. I hope in this case, Franco actually is a good egg.

I hope that everyone is a good egg, it is awful when you find out they are not. I have learned from experience, however, either way, I need an escape route so I don't need to find out the hard way.

There are plenty of better looking people to hope to look like than that guy. My husband looks very much like Travis Fimmel, (When he was clean shaven) I think that is way hotter.

Though even if a guy looks like that does not mean that it is not possible for them to assault someone. Reality is even if a woman is attracted to a guy does not mean she wants them to touch her without permission. Attraction does not equal consent. There are plenty of reasons why a girl would not want someone she is attracted to to touch her or behave inappropriately. You can have the biggest crush in the world on a guy and then they say something that completely ruins it. Looks, wealth and status is not all there is to attraction or consent.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here