Count Dankula is now a member/supporter of UKIP.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Saelune:

WolvDragon:

Saelune:
See, Obama was trying this crazy idea of working together and compromising to hopefully create a fair and united country. I mean sure, it turned out to be a bad idea and blew up in our faces, but it was with noble intention. And besides, Republicans would not have let him do it the way he would have wanted anyways. We got as much as we did because Obama was smart and fair-minded.

Obama is the first and only openly pro-LGBT SITTING President. That means way more than you realize. He did not wait till out of office, he said that shit in the middle of it.

You used his lies as a defense for voting for him. If someone did not know he was a liar, they did not know anything about him.

Sore loser? Really? THATS your criticism here? For one, Hillary was democratically elected President, but since we do not live in a Democracy, Trump was President. That's a great reason to be sore, especially since she would have kept us from becoming the shit show we are today. Maybe she is sore cause she actually gave a fuck about this country and seeing it burn to the ground hurts her deeply?

And Trump is a sore winner, which is worse. That and he is ruining this country hand over fist. We live in a world where the US President praises North Korea and demonizes Canada.

Everyone who voted for Trump voted for everything Trump stood for, which was bigotry.

The fact she didn't blame her horrible campaign but Russia, and James Comey only is reason enough for me to regret voting her. She ran a horrible campaign and she doesn't have the guts to admit it.
You're preaching to the choir here. Trump is a horrible person, any sane person can realize that. You have to be a hardcore Trump supporter to not admit it. Obama is a progressive on social issues, but when it comes to economic policy, he and the dems just flat out stink.It's good that he's pro-lgbt, I'm glad he came out in support of gay rights. But I rank him an D when it comes to economic policy.

Russia and Comey are part to blame. She ran a perfectly fine campaign. THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. We don't live in a world where being logical and decent wins elections. People wanted bigoted, arrogant, bombastic shit-flinging.

Just like Obama trying to work together with Republicans was a bad idea cause it was a good idea, so was Clinton running on a platform of actual political stances and processes.

If you rank Obama as a D, then you need a new rating system. Trump isn't even a Z.

Perfectly fine? Most of her advertisements didn't have policy.https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/3/8/14848636/hillary-clinton-tv-ads She ran on a campaign that wasn't filled with policy.

Zontar:

Saelune:

Everyone who voted for Trump voted for everything Trump stood for, which was bigotry.

Everyone who voted Clinton hates white people.

Everyone who voted Labour hates English people.

Everyone who voted Liberal hates white Canadians.

These are all positions you hold. That isn't an accusation or an insult, it's a statement based on my assuming you are logical in your views, because it's the only thing you can possibly believe without holding two or more conflicting beliefs at the same time.

Also, stop using videos of open racist to make your point about others being bigots, it really does nothing to help your case and only harms it. Not that you didn't already know that.

Seeing WolvDragon take you at face value is a reminder why I bother arguing with you still.

Hating White Nationalists is not the same as hating white people. Just bigoted white people.

Stop claiming Trevor Noah is a racist, it really does nothing to help your case and only harms it. Not that you didn't already know that.

Zontar:
I'd say that to retain logical consistency someone claiming UKIP is racist would have to admit that Labour and the Democrats are racist too, but given it's coming from someone who constantly spams the same video of an uneducated, know-nothing, openly card carrying racist to make the point, I think it goes without saying.

Citation needed, particularly for the Trevor Noah being racist bit.

PROVE IT.

Saelune:

Zontar thinks Trump is a good President and thinks Trudeau is a terrible leader.

I didn't say that, I said that Trudeau is an objectively bad leader while Trump is a subjecively bad leader, and explained why that is the case.

Trudeau, if you look at it from the perspective of someone who supported his platform he was elected on, is doing an objectively bad job given how much of it he has either failed to accomplish or outright abandoned. This despite having a majority of the House and a de facto majority of the Senate, in a country where the party walks in lockstep with the administration.

Trump, if you look at it from the perspective of someone who supported his platform he was elected on, is doing a job that is neither objectively good nor bad, because he's accomplishing quite a bit, but not all, but he's trying and fighting both the House and Senate since he's fighting both the Democrats and the Republicans due to the fact internal party politics in American politics is as complicated as cross party politics.

Trump is a terrible leader if you don't like what he promised he'd do, but he is if you did. Trudeau is a terrible leader regardless of if you liked what he promised. This is not a hard concept to understand, anyone capable of putting themselves into another's shoes and seeing things from another's perspective can understand if perfectly.

Saelune:

Hating White Nationalists is not the same as hating white people.

True, but hating both is hating both, and Noah makes no secret of the fact he hates white people. Trump is an asshole, but at least there's a debate to actually be had on if he's racist or "just" an asshole. Noah has no such ambiguity, though people only care about one specific group of whites he hates (guess which. Here's a hint, I'm in it).

WolvDragon:
She ran on a campaign that wasn't filled with policy.

Wasn't it pretty much implied from long before the race even started that she would be 4 more years of Obama?

Zontar:

Saelune:

True, but hating both is hating both, and Noah makes no secret of the fact he hates white people. Trump is an asshole, but at least there's a debate to actually be had on if he's racist or "just" an asshole. Noah has no such ambiguity, though people only care about one specific group of whites he hates

(guess which. Here's a hint, I'm in it).

Do...do you really want me to answer that?

Zontar:

WolvDragon:

Wasn't it pretty much implied from long before the race even started that she would be 4 more years of Obama?

Indeed, which is why I wasn't that crazy for her. Obama wasn't an actual progressive, just a moderate right winger. I wanted a good progressive like FDR. Too bad Bernie lost the primary.

Saelune:

Zontar:

Saelune:

True, but hating both is hating both, and Noah makes no secret of the fact he hates white people. Trump is an asshole, but at least there's a debate to actually be had on if he's racist or "just" an asshole. Noah has no such ambiguity, though people only care about one specific group of whites he hates

People only stared to care about his racism when his antisemetic tweets from years ago came to light.

WolvDragon:

Zontar:

WolvDragon:

Indeed, which is why I wasn't that crazy for her. Obama wasn't an actual progressive, just a moderate right winger. I wanted a good progressive like FDR. Too bad Bernie lost the primary.

I don't really think Obama fell into the traditional left-right divide of politics, outside of being a corporatist (which isn't partisan and really just means "corrupt politician but not in an illegal way") he really had no cohesion in his socioeconomic policy as far as I can tell. Looking back there didn't seem to be any real sense of direction to what he was doing, seems almost like he was just making it up on the fly, and not in the way Trump is where it's pretty obvious that's the case.

Zontar:

Saelune:

Zontar:

People only stared to care about his racism when his antisemetic tweets from years ago came to light.

WolvDragon:

Zontar:

I don't really think Obama fell into the traditional left-right divide of politics, outside of being a corporatist (which isn't partisan and really just means "corrupt politician but not in an illegal way") he really had no cohesion in his socioeconomic policy as far as I can tell. Looking back there didn't seem to be any real sense of direction to what he was doing, seems almost like he was just making it up on the fly, and not in the way Trump is where it's pretty obvious that's the case.

He was very much a centrist politician. He had no core economic plan aside from the stimulous package and raising taxes on the rich. (Which was letting the bush tax cuts expire). He was never for single payer, he only endorsed mitt romney's plan because he wanted republican support for a health care bill.

Since Zontar wont do it, I will look into it myself, *hums to self* Oh, OH, THAT!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Wow, yeah, figures.

If that makes Trevor an anti-semite, then what does that make Trump?

Saelune:
Since Zontar wont do it, I will look into it myself, *hums to self* Oh, OH, THAT!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Wow, yeah, figures.

I think you got the wrong tweet. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/trevor-noah-criticized-as-anti-785447

Saelune:

It makes Trump an asshole since last time I checked he went after individuals or criminal groups with his rants, instead of doing the equivalent of saying Blacks are all violent like Noah did to Jews. Not that that's his worst offence, it's just the one people took notice of since Jews are one of the few types of white people who aren't acceptable targets (except when we are, because society isn't consistent on that like it is with most groups)

Zontar:

Saelune:

It makes Trump an asshole since last time I checked he went after individuals or criminal groups with his rants, instead of doing the equivalent of saying Blacks are all violent like Noah did to Jews. Not that that's his worst offence, it's just the one people took notice of since Jews are one of the few types of white people who aren't acceptable targets (except when we are, because society isn't consistent on that like it is with most groups)

That my dear Zontar, is quite the leap.

Israel is in a war that has been going on for a long damn time. Israel is still fighting it, the country of Israel. Not 'all jews'.

Stop claiming to be Jewish.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/706.1027466-That-time-of-year-again#24163656

WolvDragon:

Saelune:

I think you got the wrong tweet. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/trevor-noah-criticized-as-anti-785447

Slightly raunchy jokes, but no anti-Semitism. And again, if those make him an anti-Semite, then Trump is even more bigoted than I thought.

Saelune:

Zontar:

Saelune:

Israel is in a war that has been going on for a long damn time. Israel is still fighting it, the country of Israel. Not 'all jews'.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/706.1027466-That-time-of-year-again#24163656

I can't go into that, so gotta ask. Why do you doubt him?

Saelune:

Israel didn't start the war and is the only side which has made a real attempt at a lasting peace.

80% of Jews don't live a Kosher lifestyle, are you saying that 80% of us aren't actually Jewish?

Also, Jews are as much an ethnicity as we are a religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jews

Why do you think there are so many openly atheist Jews?

WolvDragon:

Saelune:

Zontar:

Due to the whole sub forum being locked now, I cannot simply quote to it, but here it is.

Zontar:

CM156:
And a happy Hanukkah to you, as well.

I actually don't celebrate it. My mother and her mother may be Jewish, but my grandfather and my entire father's side are Catholic so we've always celebrated Christmas (plus we only did find out about the ancestry a few years back when my grandmother revealed it).

That being said the 25th is more or less just a day off for me given the fact that in my family we celebrate Christmas on the new year. We do this because on the 25th everyone's getting together with their spouse's family, who live in Italy, Toronto, Minnesota or Quebec City. Though it's always fun around here, given our house is the only one large enough to house me, my brother, our 7 cousins, my parents, my 3 aunts, my 3 uncles, my great aunt, my great uncle, and my grandmother.

Best time of year, only one we consistently get together.

And Zontar is known as very right-wing and for making unjustified claims that are often disproven.

WolvDragon:

Probably because I don't follow political views of a "proper Jew" or something. I get a lot of flak for it because like most minorities there are people out there who think they own our political support for some reason, and not supporting them is unacceptable for some reason.

Same reason white liberals hate black conservatives, or gay conservatives. Because that somehow dictates one's opinion taxation and the role of the state in our lives in the eyes of some.

Saelune:

WolvDragon:

Saelune:

Due to the whole sub forum being locked now, I cannot simply quote to it, but here it is.

Zontar:

CM156:
And a happy Hanukkah to you, as well.

I actually don't celebrate it. My mother and her mother may be Jewish, but my grandfather and my entire father's side are Catholic so we've always celebrated Christmas (plus we only did find out about the ancestry a few years back when my grandmother revealed it).

That being said the 25th is more or less just a day off for me given the fact that in my family we celebrate Christmas on the new year. We do this because on the 25th everyone's getting together with their spouse's family, who live in Italy, Toronto, Minnesota or Quebec City. Though it's always fun around here, given our house is the only one large enough to house me, my brother, our 7 cousins, my parents, my 3 aunts, my 3 uncles, my great aunt, my great uncle, and my grandmother.

And Zontar is known as very right-wing and for making unjustified claims that are often disproven.

Nonetheless he still has a point about Trevor Noah and your illogical fallacy about generalizations.

Zontar:

WolvDragon:

Probably because I don't follow political views of a "proper Jew" or something. I get a lot of flak for it because like most minorities there are people out there who think they own our political support for some reason, and not supporting them is unacceptable for some reason.

Same reason white liberals hate black conservatives, or gay conservatives. Because that somehow dictates one's opinion taxation and the role of the state in our lives in the eyes of some.

You should follow what you believe in period, regardless of what ethnicity you are. Those stereotypes are just ridiculous.

Zontar:

Saelune:

Israel didn't start the war and is the only side which has made a real attempt at a lasting peace.

80% of Jews don't live a Kosher lifestyle, are you saying that 80% of us aren't actually Jewish?

If a Nazi ever tries to kill you for being Jewish, know that I oppse that and recommend you defend yourself by any means necessary. But I honestly do not see it ever coming up.

Do you consider Elizabeth Warren a Native American?

Religiously speaking, if someone claims to be religiously Jewish but does not actually follow the faith and customs, then well, they are doing a poor job of following their faith. I do not support the pick and choose mentality many religious people do, and while I mostly use it as a criticism of many Christians, it holds true for people of any faith.

Saelune:

Zontar:

Saelune:

If a Nazi ever tries to kill you for being Jewish, know that I oppse that and recommend you defend yourself by any means necessary. But I honestly do not see it ever coming up.

Religiously speaking, if someone claims to be religiously Jewish but does not actually follow the faith and customs, then well, they are doing a poor job of following their faith. I do not support the pick and choose mentality many religious people do, and while I mostly use it as a criticism of many Christians, it holds true for people of any faith.

Didn't you just say in the other thread, that people are christains even if they don't follow the bible?

WolvDragon:

Saelune:

WolvDragon:

Zontar:

Nonetheless he still has a point about Trevor Noah and your illogical fallacy about generalizations.

No, he doesn't. Look, I get it, you're new here, but there is a long history that you are unaware of, and no, I do not have every single post he has ever made to show that, plus the Wild West is closed to you. I really hope you will keep your eye and your mind open though and come around.

WolvDragon:

Saelune:

Zontar:

Didn't you just say in the other thread, that people are christains even if they don't follow the bible?

I am saying that religious people cannot just pick and choose and pretend they are still following the point of the faith. I am also saying that supporting an organization means you support it in its entirety, and if you do not actively work to change what that organization is about, then you cannot claim to not support those parts you 'disagree with'.

Saelune:
You mean the right-winged Nazi joined a party of right-winged Nazis?

If you seriously think that this man is a honest-to-God Nazi because of his actions with his Pug, then you're either trolling or there's something very wrong with you. If it's the latter, then you're actually not seeing reality; you actually can't see reality past your biases and insecurities. And that's terrible.

Saelune:

WolvDragon:

Saelune:

No, he doesn't. Look, I get it, you're new here, but there is a long history that you are unaware of, and no, I do not have every single post he has ever made to show that, plus the Wild West is closed to you. I really hope you will keep your eye and your mind open though and come around.

New? I been here since 2015! Hell I lurked around prior when Jim Sterling and MovieBob were still here. Don't you dare accuse me of being naive.

WolvDragon:

Saelune:

WolvDragon:

New? I been here since 2015! Hell I lurked around prior when Jim Sterling and MovieBob were still here. Don't you dare accuse me of being naive.

You believe Zontar about things he is wrong about. I don't know what you want me to do about that.

Saelune:

That's not going to happen anyway, so nothing to worry about.

Nope, and neither does anyone else from the looks of it. Even if she isn't lying and we do either get the documents shown for the first time ever or a DNA test to prove it, she still wouldn't be native, but instead at best a Metis and realistically just White (assuming she has any native ancestors)

Again, being Jewish isn't just a religion, it is as much ethnicity as it is that. Though I wouldn't say that not following scripture to the letter is a bad idea given for you, well let's just say there'd be very little in terms of places you'd what to live given what all religions have to say about people of your persuasion and the punishments for existing that religions tend to dictate.

Now I'm off to bed, got work in the morning.

Zontar:

Saelune:

That's not going to happen anyway, so nothing to worry about.

Nope, and neither does anyone else from the looks of it. Even if she isn't lying and we do either get the documents shown for the first time ever or a DNA test to prove it, she still wouldn't be native, but instead at best a Metis and realistically just White (assuming she has any native ancestors)

Again, being Jewish isn't just a religion, it is as much ethnicity as it is that. Though I wouldn't say that not following scripture to the letter is a bad idea given for you, well let's just say there'd be very little in terms of places you'd what to live given what all religions have to say about people of your persuasion and the punishments for existing that religions tend to dictate.

Now I'm off to bed, got work in the morning.

Had you considered Warren Native American, then I would have backed off about you being Jewish.

Saelune:

WolvDragon:

Saelune:

You believe Zontar about things he is wrong about. I don't know what you want me to do about that.

Zontar thinks Trump is a good president, I don't. He once said Bernie was unelectable, I disproved him with polls. But Noah has said some shitty things in the past about jews, that's not new.

WolvDragon:

Saelune:

WolvDragon:

Zontar thinks Trump is a good president, I don't. But Noah has said some shitty things in the past about jews, that's not new.

He (Trevor Noah) really didn't. And what he said about Trump and bigots is true regardless.

Saelune:

WolvDragon:

Saelune:

Zontar thinks Trump is a good president, I don't. But Noah has said some shitty things in the past about jews, that's not new.

He (Trevor Noah) really didn't. And what he said about Trump and bigots is true regardless.

He wrote those tweets, he and Trump are god awful bigots.

WolvDragon:

Saelune:

WolvDragon:

You have an even lower bar for what a bigot is than I do.

Saelune:

WolvDragon:

Saelune:

You have an even lower bar for what a bigot is than I do.

And I'm sure yours is quite as low when you call every voter who voted for Trump bigots.

We'll talk some other time. I gotta head to bed myself.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here