Canada's anti-Trump wine is a success

"No one has ever sent back a glass of this"

Which other political wine brands do you think would be a success?

PS: Sorry, but when the most polite society in the world says F*CK to you, you know you have a serious problem.

While I agree with the message, I'm a little concerned that he thought removing the u from 'fuck' meant you had to 'think about it a little bit'. I mean, if you were doing a crossword, and 7-down was 'Pretty much any word ever (4)', and the F, the C, and the K were already there, would you really have to 'think about it a little bit'?

That said, and I don't know if this will work:

Wow, that'll show him! Trump is sitting there like 'Damn, I was all set to invade South America and declare myself King, but then I saw a Canadian wine made fun of me. Guess I'll go sit in a corner...'

Silentpony:
Wow, that'll show him! Trump is sitting there like 'Damn, I was all set to invade South America and declare myself King, but then I saw a Canadian wine made fun of me. Guess I'll go sit in a corner...'

To be fair, that is exactly the sort of thing I would expect to rile him.

We are talking about a man that felt the need to say 'I was on line shaking hands with supporters and one of the supporters said, "Mr. Trump, you have strong hands, you have good size hands,"' and 'then another one would say, "Oh, you have great hands, Mr. Trump. I had no idea"', just because someone said his hands were a bit small and we all laughed at him.

This is easily one the least newsworthy things to be here. This is the moneyed class popping their monocles at the uncouth.

Baffle2:

Silentpony:

To be fair, that is exactly the sort of thing I would expect to rile him.

We are talking about a man that felt the need to say ?I was on line shaking hands with supporters and one of the supporters said, ?Mr. Trump, you have strong hands, you have good size hands,?' and 'then another one would say, ?Oh, you have great hands, Mr. Trump. I had no idea?', just because someone said his hands were a bit small and we all laughed at him.

The thing that upset Trump about Canada was this picture:

Trump doesn't give a shit about wine or Economics, he's upset because daddy's little girl wants some Canadian Bacon instead of wanting him.

crimson5pheonix:
This is easily one the least newsworthy things to be here. This is the moneyed class popping their monocles at the uncouth.

Not all us wine aficionados are wealthy. Granted I would totally wear a monocle if I thought I could pull it off. Also I have never bought a bottle based on politics before and my purchasing criteria is limited to the following: Is it red? Does it pair well with a steak or homemade burger?

To be fair, this is as close as #TheResistance is willing to get to actual direct action while they are waiting for Daddy Mueller to lock up the bad man.

This will age well.

"Hmmm... I think we'll have the -18 Fuck Trump."

"Ooh, a very fine choice, monsieur! That particular vintage is prized for its subtle note of toxicity."

Wish I had thought of it. The muppets buying it would probably overlook the odd trace amount of rodent urine or Polonium 210 too, just to have the same rebellious laugh with their gaggle yet again. Now what else could I slap "Truck Drumpf!" on to levy a further signaling tax? The possibilities seem endless...

Look for my products in the very near future. You will know them by their brave stand, as opposed to any quaint notions of "quality".

It's the snowflakes that are supposed to get offended at mere words, remember.

StatusNil:
This will age well.

"Ooh, a very fine choice, monsieur! That particular vintage is prized for its subtle note of toxicity."

Wish I had thought of it. The muppets buying it would probably overlook the odd trace amount of rodent urine or Polonium 210 too, just to have the same rebellious laugh with their gaggle yet again. Now what else could I slap "Truck Drumpf!" on to levy a further signaling tax? The possibilities seem endless...

Look for my products in the very near future. You will know them by their brave stand, as opposed to any quaint notions of "quality".

It'll probably age as well as freedom fries. Or "Pocahontas."

Seriously, though. The American right wing no longer offers the left even the most basic political courtesy. They made a professional troll their President. I'm okay with a guy making money off selling mediocre wine on the basis that it also insults said President.

It's not like Trump doesn't use the opposite sentiment to make money from selling T-shirts to chumps.

Fools and their money are easily parted.

Should have made it a red. I feel a non-white wine would be a lot more triggering to Trump's target audience

Catnip1024:

It worked on American citizens. Tax dollars going to Trump coffers

Capitalism!

Oh, does it not have a high enough body count this time? What a pity.

Silentpony:

It's kinda cute to think this is a direct message to Trump, and not a obvious marketing strategy from a small enterprise for their inconsequential wine.

jademunky:

crimson5pheonix:

Not all us wine aficionados are wealthy. Granted I would totally wear a monocle if I thought I could pull it off. Also I have never bought a bottle based on politics before and my purchasing criteria is limited to the following: Is it red? Does it pair well with a steak or homemade burger?

No, it's white. But it pairs well with frozen fish sticks.

Bahahahaha, funny. XD We Canucks can be hilariously passive aggressive at times.

StatusNil:
This will age well.

Wow, I can't tell if you're escalating just to be funny, or if you're actually triggered. That said, jumping to "they'd overlook the odd trace amount of rat piss" is just funny to read. XD

I guess the wine has served its purpose?

Majestic Manatee:
Capitalism!

Oh, does it not have a high enough body count this time? What a pity.

Commies put a pretty high score on that board, it'll be hard to ever even come close to it, but by god we're trying!

CaitSeith:

Silentpony:

It's kinda cute to think this is a direct message to Trump, and not a obvious marketing strategy from a small enterprise for their inconsequential wine.

Honestly in the Canadian wine market, if you need this type of stunt to sell, your wine probably sucks.

Zontar:

CaitSeith:

Silentpony:

Honestly in the Canadian wine market, if you need this type of stunt to sell, your wine probably sucks.

Touché!

trunkage:

Catnip1024:

It worked on American citizens. Tax dollars going to Trump coffers

The difference is, paying taxes is not a choice.

Unless you are uber-rich, of course.

meh, not clever enough for me. just fuck trump and a picture of missiles? come on you can do better.
i can't see this working on anyone except maybe Trump himself but then again the guy has so thin skin you could assassinate him with a blunt tooth pick.

StatusNil:

Worked for Alex Jones, didn't it?"

Using political division to trick gullible people into buying your product.
Now that's capitalism.

Vanilla ISIS:
Now that's capitalism.

Yes, who'd have thought anyone could make money selling political T-shirts, mugs, banners, badges, bags, etc.?

I mean, how gullible do you have to be to buy a "Vote Clinton" sweatshirt or "Vote Trump" tote bag? What reason could anyone have to like the idea of spending money on a product that appeals to their political beliefs?

Agema:

Vanilla ISIS:
Now that's capitalism.

Yes, who'd have thought anyone could make money selling political T-shirts, mugs, banners, badges, bags, etc.?

I mean, how gullible do you have to be to buy a "Vote Clinton" sweatshirt or "Vote Trump" tote bag? What reason could anyone have to like the idea of spending money on a product that appeals to their political beliefs?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here