Westboro Baptist Church plans to protest funeral of 9 year old girl slain in Arizona shotings.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Basically this.

As many of you are aware, on Saturday there was a shooting in Tucson, AZ, which 6 people were killed, 1 of them being my Parent's close friend (Mom and Dad were married at Cheif Justice John Rolls house, never seen a fully grown man break down into tears like that) and another one of my Dad's friends was critically wounded in said shooting's (happened about 10 minutes away from my house.)

More tragically, a girl who was merely 9 years old, was also killed in said shootings. Needless to say, completely sickening.

And as if to add insult to injury, Notorious WBC has decided protest the funerals.

As I really want to get the mere nauseating thought of this pure fucking despicable situaton, article is below.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/01/westboro_bapstis_church_to_pro.php

Edit: I encourage anyone who lives in the Tucson area to try to pitch in whatever help you can get. Apparently some student organizations in the U of A are helping with stopping the these dumb hicks.

Edit 2: Thanks for the support everyone. For those of you who don't know, they just passed a law restricting these morons from protesting tommorrow for an hour before, during, and an hour after the ceremony (Could be getting that wrong).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/us-politics/8253521/Arizona-shooting-emergency-legislation-proposed-to-stop-funeral-picketing.html

Are these the guys who were protesting comic books a few months back?

Oh, WBC! You so crazy!

They could have their own sitcom. Laugh track and everything...

Really? At this point these guys are worse trolls than Anonymous...hey now, we could sic Anonymous on those pricks...

But really, the church needs to excommunicate those mother****ers. Only way to get them to shut up.

I heard about that, I hope you and your family can get over the deaths.

That's a terrible action to take by the Church, I don't understand how anyone could be so terrible and deluded.

Makes me ashamed to be in the same Religious spectrum as them.

You can't stop them from protesting, but I hope the people there can keep WBC as far away as possible.

..And the worst part of all of this comes into play.

Goddamnit, WBC.

I can't even get angry at these guys anymore. They're so stupid it's almost pitiful. Seriously, they're just attention whores, and I would pay money to see them stop this stupidity. It's just become exasperating.

Edit: I do find the shootings and the deaths extremely awful and offer my condolences to you and your family, as well as all the people involved. I hope everyone who is still alive will make a full recovery and I think that this shooting was terrible.

I'm normally not in favour of violence, but someone should shoot these bastards down.
Then again, they probably bring their kids along to use as human shields don't they?

Konaerix:
Are these the guys who were protesting comic books a few months back?

Don't know, but they are the idiots who protested at an homosexual lawyer's funeral, soldiers funerals claiming it was god punishments and other completely stupid stuff. THese guys shouldn't even been considered part of a religion anymore.

"www.godhatesfags.com?"

LMFAO

Seriously, what the hell, man?

This is a pretty childish thing to do, protesting an eight year old's funeral. I guess anyone that thought that web domain was a good idea must have no class.

Aby_Z:
Oh, WBC! You so crazy!

They could have their own sitcom. Laugh track and everything...

I fully agree with that sentiment. It would be interesting to see what would happen if people just stopped giving them attention. Maybe they would just die out. Maybe that is too much to hope for.

Lem0nade Inlay:
I heard about that, I hope you and your family can get over the deaths.

That's a terrible action to take by the Church, I don't understand how anyone could be so terrible and deluded.

Makes me ashamed to be in the same Religious spectrum as them.

Same here...wtf is wrong with them...

It's time like this I wish we didn't have free speech. So we could just abolish this church for being so fucking stupid.

Corkydog:
Really? At this point these guys are worse trolls than Anonymous...hey now, we could sic Anonymous on those pricks...

But really, the church needs to excommunicate those mother****ers. Only way to get them to shut up.

Interestingly, the church HAS... Westboro has no affiliation with any other church organization. From Wikipedia:

"The WBC is not affiliated with any known Baptist conventions or associations. The church describes itself as following Primitive Baptist and Calvinist principles,[9] though mainstream Primitive Baptists reject the WBC and [Pastor Fred] Phelps.[10]"

This might sound like a sick joke but unless they are such pro lifers they don't believe in death there is no need for this. And even then thats fucked up. They need to be stopped.

Just like the distasterous bushfires in Victoria, Australia, were because we let gay people live? Yeah, fuck you WBC. This article actually made me like the Hell's Angels, to be honest.

Geez, they've done some batshit crazy stuff in the past, but I mean, protesting the funeral of a 9-year old? "God sent a shooter", seriously? WBC should actually read about that Jesus fellow they keep using as their poster boy, seeing as they seem to have no idea what he's on about.

I can't believe this, they just got that much lower, of the 6 people killed, hers was the most tragic and the only one that made me cry. I just can't see their motivation to descecrate a funeral of an entirely innocent girl.

Apparently they believe the shooter was sent by God to punish 'idolatrous America'. Does that mean that if someone took it into their heads to gun them down it would be, by their own logic, a just punishment from God?

Wow... just wow.

Here is the document that the 'church' released about this incident...

Are you kidding me! These people should be locked up or somehow removed from normal society.

In before a bunch of people defend this as part of "free speech" and all that crap.

OT: Yeah, guys, you're definitely doing God's work, aren't you? Hypocrites.

First they picketed funerals of gay people who died of AIDS. Not enough.

Then they started picketing the funerals of soldiers who died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not enough.

See where I am going with this?
I read that they planned on doing it at a funeral for a child who died in Oklahoma because somebody slashed the tires of the WBC's van.

Really the best way to get this cult to stop is to simply ignore them, not unlike a spoiled child. Sadly that doesn't seem likely to happen considering all of the media coverage they get.

This... is sad.
But then, where can they go from here? How can you possibly do worse than this?

Wait....
Hell's Angels is gonna show up, along with various student bodies, to keep these schmucks away from the funeral?

Talk about communities coming together...

GHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. ARGRAGAPHA RREAERAGRAREAFFPHA REAREFAGRARAEGRA GRAEIRAGFRAGRARA

Edit: Apparently, I remember more French than I thought. It was a lot of swearing and that's all. I don't remember what I said or what it meant, but it sounded like angry French.

XinfiniteX:
Snip

Wish I could show up with a sign that says "God hates it when you try to use him as an excuse."

Very sorry to hear about this; I went to the U of A and grew up in neighboring Cochise County.

Death on Trapezoids:
This... is sad.
But then, where can they go from here? How can you possibly do worse than this?

Wait....
Hell's Angels is gonna show up, along with various student bodies, to keep these schmucks away from the funeral?

Talk about communities coming together...

I grew up in a biker family. Of all the things that they do to people, there's one thing that you do not do and that's fuck with kids. This is one of those things.

Free speech is a wonderful thing, but I can't pretend for a moment that I would be particularly bothered if "something" were to happen to these twits.

I wonder if they consider the birth of a child repentance. She was born on 9/11 after all...

Probably not though. People that batshit insane tend to believe what they want.

I really hate those sick fucks

darthzew:

Corkydog:

Interestingly, the church HAS... Westboro has no affiliation with any other church organization. From Wikipedia:

"The WBC is not affiliated with any known Baptist conventions or associations. The church describes itself as following Primitive Baptist and Calvinist principles,[9] though mainstream Primitive Baptists reject the WBC and [Pastor Fred] Phelps.[10]"

I stand corrected then. The only way to shut them up is put them away.

Any suggestions on how to arrest these guys?

Scde2:
First they picketed funerals of gay people who died of AIDS. Not enough.

Then they started picketing the funerals of soldiers who died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not enough.

See where I am going with this?
I read that they planned on doing it at a funeral for a child who died in Oklahoma because somebody slashed the tires of the WBC's van.

It makes you wonder whether or not ol' Freddy-boy's caught something over the years, eh? :)

Just popping in here to say, the WBC are nothing like the remainder of sane America - or the remainder of Christendom - or the remainder of the Baptist denomination. I am just as offended by this (and other elements of the WBC's actions) as you are.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked