Westboro Baptist Church plans to protest funeral of 9 year old girl slain in Arizona shotings.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Corkydog:
But really, the church needs to excommunicate those mother****ers. Only way to get them to shut up.

Oh please you really think that'll work?

These guys work on a plane of logic so far removed from reality that even the fucking POPE himself kicking Fred Phelps in the bollocks then spitting on him as he falls to the ground wouldn't be enough to make them finally realise that God and every self-respecting Catholic on the planet hates them and wishes they would all meet with an accident involving a combine harvester.

Westboro Baptist are being cocks again? And in other breaking news the sky is still blue.

I know if they protest one of my family members funeral a good majority would die, and if I'm not in jail I will be protesting their funerals.

omicron1:
Just popping in here to say, the WBC are nothing like the remainder of sane America - or the remainder of Christendom - or the remainder of the Baptist denomination. I am just as offended by this (and other elements of the WBC's actions) as you are.

Don't even fucking compare those idiots to Christianity. They are not Christian, despite what they claim.

ReservoirAngel:

Corkydog:
But really, the church needs to excommunicate those mother****ers. Only way to get them to shut up.

These guys work on a plane of logic so far removed from reality that even the fucking POPE himself kicking Fred Phelps in the bollocks then spitting on him as he falls to the ground wouldn't be enough to make them finally realise that God and every self-respecting Catholic on the planet hates them and wishes they would all meet with an accident involving a combine harvester.

I see your point, but in all honesty I would like to see that happen.

I still think the church should become more vocal in condemning this. Seems to be their responsibility to convince impressionable youths that this is not how God opperates...

Members of Westboro Baptist are being cocks again? And in other breaking news the sky is still blue...

EDIT: I apologize for the double post. I was confused by the Capche at the bottom of the screen and didn't think my original post went through. My mistake.

Ive got an idea.. lets merge two of todays news stories together. For the slots allotted for the one way mission to mars, Open them up exclusively to this congregation, and then conveniently forget to resupply them with food, water or oxygen

You know they wouldnt be hard to dupe.. Just tell them your giving them the chance to form a new world in gods image to follow whats gods word is that is dictated by phelps. They would jump at the chance, plus the media attention would make it impossible for them to resist.

Sure it would delay the progression towards martian colonization for a couple more years as they all die out from oxygen depravation , thirst and starvation, but thats what? 10 days max? Totally worth the delay.

The trolls are fat with attention.

Stop feeding them peoplez.

I am confused by their logic, they claim peoples deaths in any circumstances is god acting through various things to kill homosexuals, soldiers etc. Now For one if God kills soldiers through opposing forces, does that not mean he is on their side,Religious killings against the west, wouldn't that mean god was Allah and not christian?

Or on another note, if some crazy person went off the rails and just murdered the ever loving hell out of those church followers, where is their rebuttal? God Hates Us? or do they jump ship and say that god had nothing to do with it and the person was just mad. Put I do find the irony in trying to find logic in theological operations.

Naheal:

omicron1:
Just popping in here to say, the WBC are nothing like the remainder of sane America - or the remainder of Christendom - or the remainder of the Baptist denomination. I am just as offended by this (and other elements of the WBC's actions) as you are.

Don't even fucking compare those idiots to Christianity. They are not Christian, despite what they claim.

What is up with people getting really pissed by my posts recently? I haven't been trying to be rude...
Anyway... I'm on your side, sir. I'm Baptist/Christian/American myself, and I am simply trying to, in essence, communicate to the portion of the Escapist community who might be a little too eager to view the WBC's actions as representative of, if not the entirety of Christendom, at least a sizeable percentage. I'm saying that, no, that is not the case, and despite the similarity in nomenclature, we are not like them.

Corkydog:

ReservoirAngel:

Corkydog:

I see your point, but in all honesty I would like to see that happen.

I still think the church should become more vocal in condemning this. Seems to be their responsibility to convince impressionable youths that this is not how God opperates...

I been reading up on these guys and what they 'believe in' (a word here meaning "claim to support to troll the everloving fuck out of the general population") and apparently they don't consider themselves Catholics. They hate Catholics for "going against God's decrees". The only example of it I could find, though, is the church instituting 'annulments' which apparently spits in the face of God's whole "no divorces" shtick.

Still I do reckon the assembled leaders of all possible branches of Christianity should just get together and just go "look guys. we appreciate the belief in the 'guy upstairs', but...you're kinda acting like dicks. I mean...really acting like dicks. you're making us look bad so we're gonna have to cut off contact with you."

But realistically I think the only thing that'll shut these guys up is a guy on a high perch with a sniper rifle.

omicron1:

Naheal:

omicron1:

What is up with people getting really pissed by my posts recently? I haven't been trying to be rude...
Anyway... I'm on your side, sir. I'm Baptist/Christian/American myself, and I am simply trying to, in essence, communicate to the portion of the Escapist community who might be a little too eager to view the WBC's actions as representative of, if not the entirety of Christendom, at least a sizeable percentage. I'm saying that, no, that is not the case, and despite the similarity in nomenclature, we are not like them.

It's not you, specifically. I'm in a bit of a rage because of this shit (See the first post that I made on this thread). Sorry that I directed it your way.

Aby_Z:
Oh, WBC! You so crazy!

They could have their own sitcom. Laugh track and everything...

NO LAUGH TRACK!!! Only LIVE STUDIO AUDIENCE!!!

Why? Surely they have a reason, even if it makes no damn sense. I mean, no one would do something like this just to spite people. Oh wait, never mind.

Trolling capacity is at maximum, cap'n!

O____O
You're kidding. Just.. Just no. Like, seriously. What the fucking fuck. This is... Beyond unconscionable.. This is just flat-out evil. This is the sort of thing that should be an Onion story.
This... This makes me sad to be human. -long sigh- If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go drink something with a really high ABV.

THIS IS JUST GODDAMNED MONSTROUS. SADLY, IT'S ALSO TRUE IN WHAT THAT FLYER SAYS, DIFFERENT PROTESTANTS AND CHRISTIANS INTERPRET THE MESSAGE OF THEIR RELIGIOUS TEXTS DIFFERENTLY, THE WBC TAKES IT LITERAL. WE MUST STOP RELIGION FROM DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY, OUR CHILDREN, AND OUR REASON. I'M SORRY, I INTENDED FOR THIS TO MAKE MORE SENSE, I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE THEY WOULD DO THIS TO A CHILD. HOW CRUEL. I HOPE THAT THAT GIRL'S FATHER BEATS THE EVER LIVING FUCK OUT OF THE LEADER OF THE WBC.

Even more maddening is the fact that we are all connected to these people biologically. However, we are also related to the people who survived, and we should stand with them against the tyranny others (both the shooter and the WBC) are trying to inflict upon us.

omicron1:

Naheal:

omicron1:

Don't worry, I understood what you meant. Anyone who mistakes this radical, lunatic fringe as being representative of the whole is sadly, sadly misinformed. That'd be like saying because Al-Qaeda exists, all Muslims are terrorists, and Barack Obama is their sleeper agent because of his middle name. It's nonsense.

Aby_Z:
Oh, WBC! You so crazy!

Not even! A cavalcade of boos!

MILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF BOOS!

As a crazy bass-ackwards Baptist hick, I'd like to say that I generously donate my middle finger for WBC's viewing pleasure and would love to be there to help with the counter-protest.

I desperately hope that these guys get there first.

Glad to see there's still some class in the world.[/sarcasm]

Now see, they're trying to pull a Jesus and gather all of our sins and die for them. I think. Or maybe they're just trolls.

Sober Thal:
You can't stop them from protesting, but I hope the people there can keep WBC as far away as possible.

You can also find as many gay people as you can to make-out in front of them, no law against freedom of making-out right? :D (not trying to make light of what happened here, of course)

OT: Normal jerk-ish behavior from WBC, every time I feel they are gone from my memory, some tragedy occurs and they come out saying how it was meant to "cleanse" us and how we all should burn in hell, this time is especially worse because they are saying a child deserved to die. A CHILD! What in the hell could a CHILD do to deserve death? Oh, right...

"We're connecting dots for you rebels," she insists. "[Greene] was appointed when she was born for this -- she just happens to be the one God chose to make an example.

"Once the child enters hell, it's over for her," Phelps-Roper rants.

Op, I am sorry for your losses and hope that the everyone wounded can fully recover.

When the WBC's held similar events in the past, the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club has rallied and peacefully prevented the group from getting close to funeral processions.

Hells Angels vs. Westboro Baptist Church? Epic.

Serriously, I hate the WBC so damn much. I hope they don't get near the funeral. Publicly saying an innocent 9-year-old girl is going to hell makes me sick.

Bloodstain:

When the WBC's held similar events in the past, the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club has rallied and peacefully prevented the group from getting close to funeral processions.

Hells Angels vs. Westboro Baptist Church? Epic.

I think they're thinking about the Patriot Guard Riders, a group of motorcyclists who attend high-profile patriotic funerals and do everything within the law that they possibly can to keep WBC as far away from the procession as humanly possible.

notsosavagemessiah:
THIS IS JUST GODDAMNED MONSTROUS. SADLY, IT'S ALSO TRUE IN WHAT THAT FLYER SAYS, DIFFERENT PROTESTANTS AND CHRISTIANS INTERPRET THE MESSAGE OF THEIR RELIGIOUS TEXTS DIFFERENTLY, THE WBC TAKES IT LITERAL. WE MUST STOP RELIGION FROM DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY, OUR CHILDREN, AND OUR REASON. I'M SORRY, I INTENDED FOR THIS TO MAKE MORE SENSE, I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE THEY WOULD DO THIS TO A CHILD. HOW CRUEL. I HOPE THAT THAT GIRL'S FATHER BEATS THE EVER LIVING FUCK OUT OF THE LEADER OF THE WBC.

Even more maddening is the fact that we are all connected to these people biologically. However, we are also related to the people who survived, and we should stand with them against the tyranny others (both the shooter and the WBC) are trying to inflict upon us.

Do not confuse a group's inherent dickishness with the banner under which these people claim to justify themselves. The truth is, these people would seek some other sort of 'justification' for their actions if the excuse of religion was denied to them. If you blame religion instead of the people themselves, you set a dangerous, dangerous precedent of excusing people because of their affiliation, and instituting what amounts to discrimination against a group for the actions of a few less-than-stellar members. (And let's be honest: every group has a few members that bring shame on the majority.)

The really absurd part to me is that the WBC is LITERALLY that asshole pastor and a few of his family/friends. Like 12 of them, total. They only way they can create a buzz and satisfy their attention-whore desires is to take the absolutely most repugnant stance they can come up with, within their distorted view of 'Christianity'.

ReservoirAngel:

Corkydog:

Sadly, even THAT would just add to his martyr complex. He's already denounced the Pope and every Catholic priest as "depraved fag boy rapers".

Those fucking monsters.

Konaerix:
Are these the guys who were protesting comic books a few months back?

Comic Con actually, they found themselves in the Middle of the Nerdiest protest Evar

Aby_Z:
Oh, WBC! You so crazy!

I was going to post how I couldn't stand the ludicrous amounts of shit spewing from the WBC anymore, but this has removed all of my anger.

lacktheknack:

ReservoirAngel:

Corkydog:

Sadly, even THAT would just add to his martyr complex. He's already denounced the Pope and every Catholic priest as "depraved fag boy rapers".

Then we need a guy with a dodgy moral compass, a love of money and a high-powered sniper rifle.

Corkydog:
Really? At this point these guys are worse trolls than Anonymous...hey now, we could sic Anonymous on those pricks...

the Baptist church has already done that, but the GREAT COMMUNISTIC DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF AMERICA says they have a right to do whatever they want.

oh Freedom of religion, what better than a trolls tool.

you know, when Mr Phelps dies, I am going to go out of my way and protest the FUCK out of his, any of his friends, or families funerals, I mean firecrackers, Billboards, several tens of mariachi bands straight from Mexico and of course a couple of loudspeakers and megaphones.

Brandon Storck:

Konaerix:
Are these the guys who were protesting comic books a few months back?

Comic Con actually, they found themselves in the Middle of the Nerdiest protest Evar

It was a thing of beauty.

Scde2:
First they picketed funerals of gay people who died of AIDS. Not enough.

Then they started picketing the funerals of soldiers who died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not enough.

See where I am going with this?
I read that they planned on doing it at a funeral for a child who died in Oklahoma because somebody slashed the tires of the WBC's van.

I'm afraid to ask... but where do you think they're going next?

Well the family of the 9 year old shouldn't have any problem getting a court order banning them from going any where near a funeral.

blue spartan 11:

XinfiniteX:
Snip

Wish I could show up with a sign that says "God hates it when you try to use him as an excuse."

wish i could show up with an M-14 and mow those fuckers down and say god told me to do it.....

ReservoirAngel:

lacktheknack:

ReservoirAngel:

Then we need a guy with a dodgy moral compass, a love of money and a high-powered sniper rifle.

Or more people to join the Patriot Guard Riders and twenty years of patience.

Seriously, how much farther can they go before becoming irrelevant or breaking the laws of sanity?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked