Westboro Baptist Church plans to protest funeral of 9 year old girl slain in Arizona shotings.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Someone needs to plant a military-grade bomb under their church.

Lem0nade Inlay:
That's a terrible action to take by the Church, I don't understand how anyone could be so terrible and deluded.

It's not really a Church, it's pretty much one hateful preacher and his extended family...

I really hope than when that old fucker Fred Phelps dies, a large number of people show up to protest his funeral.

That just made me ill. What makes me feel even more ill is that I can't stop it. Not just because I'm one person but because I stand for freedom, and if you don't defend one person's right to do something the rights of everyone else are up for grabs.
Still what the fuck is wrong with these people? It is so sickening....

Geo Da Sponge:
Apparently they believe the shooter was sent by God to punish 'idolatrous America'. Does that mean that if someone took it into their heads to gun them down it would be, by their own logic, a just punishment from God?

No, when people have done stuff to them in the past they just wait for the next tragic death and claim that it was God's punishment for it.

The basics of every WBC thread.

Poster mentions WBC protesting ______.
People not in the know are shocked/offended.
Westboro gets more publicity.
Westboro plans next event, hoping for publicity.
Poster mentions WBC protesting _______.

First off, if the worst we have in America are people using words to state their beliefs, I'm just happy as hell.
Second, I'm an antitheist. So that counts for two things. One, the WBC are crazy loonies who believe in hokum. Secondly, atleast they don't water it down with apologetics so I have to give them more respect than other more liberal pickers-and-choosers.

snowman6251:
I really hope than when that old fucker Fred Phelps dies, a large number of people show up to protest his funeral.

Not protest. Hold a freaking carnival.

lacktheknack:

Scde2:
First they picketed funerals of gay people who died of AIDS. Not enough.

Then they started picketing the funerals of soldiers who died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not enough.

See where I am going with this?
I read that they planned on doing it at a funeral for a child who died in Oklahoma because somebody slashed the tires of the WBC's van.

I'm afraid to ask... but where do you think they're going next?

Interestingly enough, my campus. No really. They are going to be here Friday. It will be an interesting day, especially since I don't have class on Fridays.

lacktheknack:
Seriously, how much farther can they go before becoming irrelevant or breaking the laws of sanity?

Oh they've already done that. In my eyes at least.

j0frenzy:
Interestingly enough, my campus. No really. They are going to be here Friday. It will be an interesting day, especially since I don't have class on Fridays.

I recommend finding a friend of the same gender as you and openly making out in front of them. Ya know, if your willing to go beyond your comfort zone to piss them off.

Why hasn't the WBC been thrown in prison yet?

ReservoirAngel:

lacktheknack:

ReservoirAngel:

Oh please you really think that'll work?

These guys work on a plane of logic so far removed from reality that even the fucking POPE himself kicking Fred Phelps in the bollocks then spitting on him as he falls to the ground wouldn't be enough to make them finally realise that God and every self-respecting Catholic on the planet hates them and wishes they would all meet with an accident involving a combine harvester.

Sadly, even THAT would just add to his martyr complex. He's already denounced the Pope and every Catholic priest as "depraved fag boy rapers".

Then we need a guy with a dodgy moral compass, a love of money and a high-powered sniper rifle.

I'm your guy, then! Though I don't have any form of transportation, and my accuracy is... Not the greatest, let's just say that... >.>

Ugh. Another crazy protest from WBC. Thanks for making Christians look batshit, you assholes.

Aris Khandr:

snowman6251:

Not protest. Hold a freaking carnival.

Unfortunately that's pretty much exactly what they want. It's not like they go to funerals to make friends, they do it because it has a massive impact. To celebrate when he dies would be the ultimate vindication in his family's eyes. A world of sinners rejoicing to the death of a "saint" and all that ridiculous crap.

It's been suggested to me that the best way to respond to his death would be to give his wife flowers, to step away from the vicious cycle and be compassionate, because it would show her how hollow and void of anything truly spiritual she and her family are and how they completely wasted their lives. And I guess I agree, but it's kind of hard to be rational when they pull shit like this.

This is disgusting, horrifying, and utterly... I don't have a word for it, there is no word to describe this.

It's most certainly blasphemy against their own Bible. I've read a fair bit of the Bible, and never does it encourage this sort of raging. These people are not exemplary Christians. These are not even exemplary human beings, or exemplary scum. This is just wrong.

I also have a bone to pick with them - the Bible says that everyone is a sinner. That means them, too, and they're no better than the groups they condemn. For that matter, most people would say they're worse.

What this is exemplary of, though, is what happens when humans don't think - there's one crazed and wicked man behind all of this who knows how to condition and control people. This stuff has happened before, and it can happen again.

But who am I to judge them? The best thing these people need is compassion, not hate, and I hope the family of this girl and everyone else involved forgives them.

seriously what the heck...
I don't believe God hates anyone, but if He had to...these people would come bloody close

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

ReservoirAngel:

lacktheknack:

Sadly, even THAT would just add to his martyr complex. He's already denounced the Pope and every Catholic priest as "depraved fag boy rapers".

Then we need a guy with a dodgy moral compass, a love of money and a high-powered sniper rifle.

Unnecessary casualties are regrettable, yes. But this is all for the greater good, in the grand scheme of things.
I'm your guy, then! Though I don't have any form of transportation, and my accuracy is... Not the greatest, let's just say that... >.>

Corkydog:
Really? At this point these guys are worse trolls than Anonymous...hey now, we could sic Anonymous on those pricks...

But really, the church needs to excommunicate those mother****ers. Only way to get them to shut up.

yes and than pigs will fly

As I've said before, too bad murdering them would only make them martyrs. Just ignoring them doesn't make me happy enough.

EDIT:

ReservoirAngel:

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

ReservoirAngel:

Unnecessary casualties are regrettable, yes. But this is all for the greater good, in the grand scheme of things.

Wish I could afford a high powered sniper.

God damnit, they are protesting the innocent bystander? Why, because it will get more attention than protesting in front of the hospital where the representative is? They make me fucking sick.

it's time somebody refuses to host their sites, i think that they have abused freedom of speech for too long, the government should make an exception, label them a dangerous cult or some shit, anything to get these fuckwits to stop

XinfiniteX:
Wow... just wow.

Here is the document that the 'church' released about this incident...

Are you kidding me! These people should be locked up or somehow removed from normal society.

yes god hates the roman catholic church... and christmas... and little girls.. I think they have god confused with satan

As Mr. Krabs once said, that is the straw that broke the captains back. The backlash from this will most likely be biblical if they go balls out like all their other protests. Since we all know they will I have my fingers crossed the WBBC gets whats coming.

Edit: GO Hells Angels?

crimson5pheonix:
[
Glad to see there's still some class in the world.[/sarcasm]

Now see, they're trying to pull a Jesus and gather all of our sins and die for them. I think. Or maybe they're just trolls.

Maybe somebody at the counter protest should oblige their wish to die for them. Its pretty much the only way to stop these idiots.

I'm generally not one to suggest such things, but lets be honest. Excommunicating them won't work. Even if every branch of Christianity and every other religion bands together to denounce them, they'll still keep going. I honestly hope that sometime soon, somebody at one of those funerals will snap, and start shooting them. Its honestly the only way to shut them up.

Cliff_m85:

Publicity... to do what with, exactly?

Sober Thal:
You can't stop them from protesting, but I hope the people there can keep WBC as far away as possible.

And that's why I think a benevolant dictatorship is awesome!

But really, I'm not even shocked anymore, this has to stop and the only way to do so, is with violence I guess.

All they get is more publicity and that is what they want. Just hope the hells angels will at least block them far away from the funeral. I mean, I do not put much on funerals, I do not care for them and to me they serve no point but to protest your phony beliefs at a childs funeral? Naw naw naw... you just don't do that.

I believe that family is inbred quite aways.

Wardnath:
In before a bunch of people defend this as part of "free speech" and all that crap.

OT: Yeah, guys, you're definitely doing God's work, aren't you? Hypocrites.

i dont think anyone's gonna defend this.

besides that, im going to share this article with all my friends just because people should be aware of the asshole-ism that is ensuing here (you might want to tell your grandkids about this one! its a historic level of stupidity!)

Housebroken Lunatic:
Well, that's religion for you...

Eh?

Usually not a good idea to drop troll bait in a thread where everyone's angry.

ArianaUO321:

crimson5pheonix:
[
Glad to see there's still some class in the world.[/sarcasm]

Now see, they're trying to pull a Jesus and gather all of our sins and die for them. I think. Or maybe they're just trolls.

Maybe somebody at the counter protest should oblige their wish to die for them. Its pretty much the only way to stop these idiots.

I'm generally not one to suggest such things, but lets be honest. Excommunicating them won't work. Even if every branch of Christianity and every other religion bands together to denounce them, they'll still keep going. I honestly hope that sometime soon, somebody at one of those funerals will snap, and start shooting them. Its honestly the only way to shut them up.

Keeping in mind why the child in question died...

lacktheknack:

Cliff_m85:

Profit!

Tdc2182:
Basically this.

As many of you are aware, on Saturday there was a shooting in Tucson, AZ, which 6 people were killed, 1 of them being my Parent's close friend (Mom and Dad were married at Cheif Justice John Rolls house, never seen a fully grown man break down into tears like that) and another one of my Dad's friends was critically wounded in said shooting's (happened about 10 minutes away from my house.)

More tragically, a girl who was merely 9 years old, was also killed in said shootings. Needless to say, completely sickening.

And as if to add insult to injury, Notorious WBC has decided protest the funerals.

As I really want to get the mere nauseating thought of this pure fucking despicable situaton, article is below.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/01/westboro_bapstis_church_to_pro.php

Edit: I encourage anyone who lives in the Tucson area to try to pitch in whatever help you can get. Apparently some student organizations in the U of A are helping with stopping the these dumb hicks.

You should play loud music over their retarded crap and do her funeral on a foggy day, that way they won't be seen or heard.

lacktheknack:

Eh?

Usually not a good idea to drop troll bait in a thread where everyone's angry.

No trollbait. It's my honest opinion and it doesn't matter at all what anyone will say to try and contradict it because I've been over similar debates countless times already. I've already seen all the arguments, and they have all failed.

It's not like protesting a funeral is any worse than your average terrorist bombing or even the Crusades for that matter. Just religion spewing shit across the world like it always does in different magnitudes...

Naheal:

omicron1:
Just popping in here to say, the WBC are nothing like the remainder of sane America - or the remainder of Christendom - or the remainder of the Baptist denomination. I am just as offended by this (and other elements of the WBC's actions) as you are.

Don't even fucking compare those idiots to Christianity. They are not Christian, despite what they claim.

Quoted for truth. This shooting is tragic--especially the death of the little girl. And, as always, WBC are a bunch of attention seeking morons disguised as a church.

lacktheknack:

Cliff_m85:

it's a decent enough question.

they don't allow anyone to join y'know.

they are the only ones on the planet getting "saved" as far as they are concerned.

PS. cant maybe the VP or someone go so the USSS can just bundle these loons into a van ?

crimson5pheonix:

lacktheknack:

Cliff_m85:

Profit!

7. Gain publicity.
8. ?????????
9. PROFIT!

So what's step eight?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked