Westboro Baptist Church plans to protest funeral of 9 year old girl slain in Arizona shotings.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Corkydog:
Really? At this point these guys are worse trolls than Anonymous...hey now, we could sic Anonymous on those pricks...

But really, the church needs to excommunicate those mother****ers. Only way to get them to shut up.

Are you kidding? Even the most hardcore right-wingers hate these guys. When you draw flack from Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, and Pat Robertson, you've really taken it too far.

Eventually, someone will kill Phelps for what he's doing. And considering he's doing it at a highly emotional time in a state with some of the least stingy gun laws, and that time could be soon.

brumley53:

Explain this.

YOU are a hypocrite you are saying everyone who believes in a higher power is stupid and that they all force people to be like them, and yet every single one of your arguments is backed by your idea that everyone should be athiest. Religion is only bad when idiots control it, and militant athiesm is as dumb as any forceful religion and is just too wussy to do anything about it but post poorly constructed arguments of why everyone should believe in one thing. There is also no proof that a god or gods dont exist and no proof that they do and people have the right to choose whatever they want.

Im not an atheist, im a skeptical agnostic.

That said, I still don't see any reason why religion should be allowed to exist anymore. You can't deny that it leads to unquestioned and unopposed extremism, terrorism, "holy wars" and other crap that history is littered with all thanks to religion.

It doesn't matter how many "militant leaders" you blame, because these "militant leaders" all somehow manage to come to power through religion. Religion let's extremist militant gain influence a lot more easy than secular politics ever has, and even in the secular political arena the policitians are constantly getting questioned instead of being followed because "The Lord!" says that one should follow them.

Also, I don't have anything against people believing in higher powers. I do have something against those who have to build organizations around it. Organization promotes action, and I'd rather not see the actions of rogue religious elements be allowed to work in a society that is supposedly to be governed through secular means.

That's why I want to see churches, mosques and synagogues destroyed, holy books burned and a declaration from each and every government saying that the days of organized religion are over and people caught congregating for evidently religious purposes will be charged with a criminal offense.

It serves no purpose and has since long forfeited it's right to exist.

Housebroken Lunatic:

brumley53:

Explain this.

YOU are a hypocrite you are saying everyone who believes in a higher power is stupid and that they all force people to be like them, and yet every single one of your arguments is backed by your idea that everyone should be athiest. Religion is only bad when idiots control it, and militant athiesm is as dumb as any forceful religion and is just too wussy to do anything about it but post poorly constructed arguments of why everyone should believe in one thing. There is also no proof that a god or gods dont exist and no proof that they do and people have the right to choose whatever they want.

That said, I still don't see any reason why religion should be allowed to exist anymore. You can't deny that it leads to unquestioned and unopposed extremism, terrorism, "holy wars" and other crap that history is littered with all thanks to religion.

It doesn't matter how many "militant leaders" you blame, because these "militant leaders" all somehow manage to come to power through religion. Religion let's extremist militant gain influence a lot more easy than secular politics ever has, and even in the secular political arena the policitians are constantly getting questioned instead of being followed because "The Lord!" says that one should follow them.

Also, I don't have anything against people believing in higher powers. I do have something against those who have to build organizations around it. Organization promotes action, and I'd rather not see the actions of rogue religious elements be allowed to work in a society that is supposedly to be governed through secular means.

That's why I want to see churches, mosques and synagogues destroyed, holy books burned and a declaration from each and every government saying that the days of organized religion are over and people caught congregating for evidently religious purposes will be charged with a criminal offense.

Woah woah, Not EVERY religion is like that. Please narrow it down to the ones your talking about.

Whens the last time you heard ''Pagan Terrorists Open Fire, Sparks War''.

So, why haven't these people been gaoled yet?

LupusDei:

Housebroken Lunatic:

brumley53:

Explain this.

Woah woah, Not EVERY religion is like that. Please narrow it down to the ones your talking about.

Whens the last time you heard ''Pagan Terrorists Open Fire, Sparks War''.

Well played.

Brass knuckles on lads...

i really dont get this.

they militantly hate the homosexual so their going to protest the funeral of people killed by a madman, which also includes the funeral of a little girl.

i have long given up trying to make sense of these people but even for them this makes no sense.

Housebroken Lunatic:

brumley53:

Explain this.

The problem is people cant do that, it means destroying tonnes of history as much as most of it is made up there's a fair amount never documented anywhere else. also the huge increase in terrorism is also bringing up an increase in religion banding together to help each other despite their different beliefs. I think that at some point in the near future religion will no longer be as forceful and through keeping records of religion we can show any new starting hate groups that they will ultimately be denied by everyone also the increase in connectivity means that a corporation can deny members of things like the WBC from any products such as hotels and gas, effectively destroying there ability to do anything. My mindset is very optimistic but I'm sure humanity can't stay this stupid for much longer.

Oh and I apologize for the mistake by the way you were typing I wrongfully assumed you were an ignorant militant athiest and now I understand your stance on religion better.

these Nobs are one of the reasons i get teased for being a christian

Im sorry for your lose and i hope the funneral of your freind will be happy one with good memories

ReservoirAngel:

lacktheknack:

ReservoirAngel:

Oh please you really think that'll work?

These guys work on a plane of logic so far removed from reality that even the fucking POPE himself kicking Fred Phelps in the bollocks then spitting on him as he falls to the ground wouldn't be enough to make them finally realise that God and every self-respecting Catholic on the planet hates them and wishes they would all meet with an accident involving a combine harvester.

Sadly, even THAT would just add to his martyr complex. He's already denounced the Pope and every Catholic priest as "depraved fag boy rapers".

Then we need a guy with a dodgy moral compass, a love of money and a high-powered sniper rifle.

Niko Bellic?

Ugh, I actually feel a little sick now.

Tdc2182:
*SNIP*

And as if to add insult to injury, Notorious WBC has decided protest the funerals.

As I really want to get the mere nauseating thought of this pure fucking despicable situaton, article is below.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/01/westboro_bapstis_church_to_pro.php

Edit: I encourage anyone who lives in the Tucson area to try to pitch in whatever help you can get. Apparently some student organizations in the U of A are helping with stopping the these dumb hicks.

Sorry I'm from Australia and don't know what WBC is (other than a church group), what are they protesting about and why at a funeral of a little girl who was murdered?
Whatever the reason, thats disgusting, and further reason for me to stay as far away from the USA as I can *shakes head in disbelief*

Super Toast:
Someone needs to plant a military-grade bomb under their church.

Or an Orbital Ion Cannon directly above.

Corkydog:
Really? At this point these guys are worse trolls than Anonymous...hey now, we could sic Anonymous on those pricks...

But really, the church needs to excommunicate those mother****ers. Only way to get them to shut up.

They are baptist which notably lacks a top level command structure necessary for excommunication.

Serris:
they're not your personal army you know. they'd probably end up supporting WBC if you were to ask them.

From what I understand, Anonymous trolls WBC regularly.

I could be wrong though, so take it with a grain of salt.

You know, normally I don't think there's any reason to kill someone by nailing them upside-down by their balls to tree, but God help me if I ever get my hands on Fred Phelps.

Yeah yeah, freedom of speech etc., but this is just sick.

How is this not harassment or stalking? This where the law has to step in, this is just sick something has to be done. They want attention so badly they are willing to terrorize anyone. That's really dangerous cause one of them is going to end up getting severely beaten or more likely killed. Pushing someone who has lost an innocent child is just asking for trouble.

Ok, these guys can't hide behind Free Speech anymore. This is basically a unintentional threat towards the nation, they pretty much said that it was ok to murdur this little girl because "the killer was sent by god and the child was better off dead because she didn't fear and obey god." (I felt my heart drop as I wrote that, it's pretty grim and disturbing if you think about it.

With this logic they can, to themselves, justify murder. At this point what's stopping them from glorifying as a hero anyone who goes on killing spree against people of other or no faith? Or inspiring some other shooter to do god's work?

Wardnath:

Serris:
they're not your personal army you know. they'd probably end up supporting WBC if you were to ask them.

From what I understand, Anonymous trolls WBC regularly.

I could be wrong though, so take it with a grain of salt.

yes, but you can't really trust them. if something sad happens and anon decides to do something, they're probably going to troll the person most likely to break.

TRR:
Somehow, WBC is a giant joke. It has to be. I refuse to believe that I am of the same species as these degenerates.

They aren't human, I don't know what the hell they are, probably some manifestation of Satin.

Can we just up and wipe these bastards off the map already?

EDIT: Forgive my venom, but I'm kinda pissed at these guys. I mean COME ON! IT'S A NINE YEAR OLD GIRL! DON'T MAKE HER INTO A SCAPEGOAT!

Housebroken Lunatic:

Aurgelmir:

I thought the bible taught you to show respect and love for other people, guess I read the wrong book.

Romans 1 :29-32

"Those filled with unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, hate for god, despite, proud, boasters, inventions of evil things, disobedience to parents, without understanding, covenant breakers, unnatural affection, implacable or unmerciful nature: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death."

Sounds really "respectful" don't you think?

Well still, these WBC guys still fail some of those things, the two in bold I would say is sort of an issues with a lot of these crazys.

That said I must say Romans 1 :29-30 is rather detailed with words that are very broad. I mean "Whispers" isn't really easy to understand, and can be interpreted in a lot of ways.

.....This...this is just fucked up.

Seriously, can they just back off? I mean, what purpose would protesting a 9 year old girl's funeral serve? She wasn't part of the government so the whole protesting pro-homosexual legislation thing won't work and the only reason her name is associated with the others is because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. These guys give a bad name to Christians everywhere.

You wanna protest something... fine by me... I won't stop you...
If you've got a good reason, or even a half assed reason, then go on protest...

but they are going to protest because, and I quote, Christina Green "was killed for your rebellion when God sent the shooter to deal with idolatrous America."

What. the. fuck.

This makes so little sense it makes my head hurt

Surely these guys cant be serious, they are just real life religious trolls right?

..............................................................right?

Housebroken Lunatic:

lacktheknack:

Sweeping generalization/attack on a belief system held by ~90% of the population = trollbait.

Isn't what you're doing pretty much a sweeping generalization of what my statement is supposed to be meant as?

"May he who is without sin cast the first stone..."

Oh please. You're just projecting against some history and trying to dictate what people should and shouldn't believe.

And let me tell you one thing, "If everyone believed as I do things would be better." Is what you should be fighting against. -That- is why the crusades happened. Heck, the Atheists even had their turn in the genocide front with Communist-controlled secularism.

For fucks sake, these people are just doing it for the attention now.

They don't even have a bloody reason this time.

Why don't the murderous psychopaths ever hit these idiots?

Bernzz:
Just like the distasterous bushfires in Victoria, Australia, were because we let gay people live? Yeah, fuck you WBC. This article actually made me like the Hell's Angels, to be honest.

Despite being a crimunal organization, they actualy do ALOT of charity work. And whatever they do to stop this, will be deserved

Normally I'm pretty careful when it comes to any topic concerning religion, but...

Fuck it.

- The Westboro Baptist Church are agents of Satan. -

No human under the guidance of a benevolent entity, fictional or otherwise, would spout such unmitigated horseshit, such phobic hatred. They are evil.

Someone turn up with that placard, spin the bullshit back at them. There are people who believe "If you just ignore them, they'll go away...", that's wrong. They will only get louder.

As an Agnostic, I Don't Know.
But I can fucking guarantee you don't either, and if you're going to fuck up innocent people's lives with your flawed, broken, nonsensical rhetoric, you are a hypocrite, a liar and a malicious piece of shit.

If you're going to pull the first, then so are we.
Fuck off back to Hell, WBC.

(This statement was aimed at the WBC, and other fundamentalist/extremist sects, not moderate Christians - you're all good in my book.)

I find it both disappointing that these people can hide behind the first amendment and somewhat heartening that the people who designed that amendment never saw this situation coming. Personally I think it's about time they were arrested or disbanded, but I'm sure I'll get that quote about freedom and security, Ben Franklin I think.

I'm a great believer in personal freedom as long as it doesn't infringe anyone else's freedom and I think that they're starting to do that, people with no connection to any state legislation are now having to alter their lives in case these dicks show up. These guys are basically taking away people's right to grieve naturally, as far as I'm concerned that's an arrestable offence.

I don't often do this...I normally despise it but I am left wondering how many problems would be solved if someone just flipped out and shot these guys? They've basically backed themselves into a situation where they're rather likely to be shot and where no one will particularly care. If that were to happen I wouldn't cheer but I certainly wouldn't want the poor bastard who did it punished, these guys have built a career on 'fighting words' and one day they'll reap their reward.

I would like to start a business: Cult Busters. The idea is to break up cults like this one with excessive use of force. Just think; When there's something strange in the neighborhood, who ya gonna call? CULT BUSTERS! but seriously I fucking hate them.

Housebroken Lunatic:

brumley53:

Explain this.

Yes, the obvious solution is the government deciding what you think.

Honestly, the best thing you can do is get everyone you can to call the local police and ask for them to keep the WBC people as far away as possible. The constitution defends the right to assemble peaceably, but if you present this as a major disturbance of the peace (and what sane police officer wouldn't consider picketing a funeral a disturbance of the peace?), the police will probably be willing to help out.
Sadly, the WBC are just dispicable people who've taken a religion and twisted it so drastically that they can't even see how disgusting they are. There's not much that can be done to stop them, unless someone really wants to drop a line to Anonymous and see if they can mobilize.

This....is strange. The way they follow their cause, skillfully and faithfully.....they are terrible trolls....or truly believe that they are the last sane few in a world of the mad. It saddens me to know that something like this happen.

brumley53:

Housebroken Lunatic:

brumley53:

Explain this.

The problem is people cant do that, it means destroying tonnes of history as much as most of it is made up there's a fair amount never documented anywhere else. also the huge increase in terrorism is also bringing up an increase in religion banding together to help each other despite their different beliefs. I think that at some point in the near future religion will no longer be as forceful and through keeping records of religion we can show any new starting hate groups that they will ultimately be denied by everyone also the increase in connectivity means that a corporation can deny members of things like the WBC from any products such as hotels and gas, effectively destroying there ability to do anything. My mindset is very optimistic but I'm sure humanity can't stay this stupid for much longer.

Oh and I apologize for the mistake by the way you were typing I wrongfully assumed you were an ignorant militant athiest and now I understand your stance on religion better.

He's just a militant agnostic. How can you read something like

"That's why I want to see churches, mosques and synagogues destroyed, holy books burned and a declaration from each and every government saying that the days of organized religion are over and people caught congregating for evidently religious purposes will be charged with a criminal offense."

And not shudder at the wrongness of it all. What's the crime, exactly? Daring to think differently? Humans obviously should follow a hive mind mentality, lets destroy art as well, culture leads to dangerous thoughts and ideas, and we cant have that.

Let's say I was hypothetically this kid's father, or a good friend of one of the soldiers that dies, and then these cunts showed up at the funeral. I would probably come loose and beat the fuck out of them.

I'm all for freedom of speech, but if you talk shit then you should be prepared for some de facto consequences. I personally find it surprising and maybe even a little bit disappointing that nobody from the WBC has been assaulted yet

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked