Kim Jung IL II is dead.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_KOREA_KIM_JONG_IL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-12-18-22-08-46

Yep, the most evil man of the modern age is dead.

About time.

Now wonder, what does it mean for the nation and Korea as a whole?

Not G. Ivingname:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_KOREA_KIM_JONG_IL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-12-18-22-08-46

Yep, the most evil man of the modern age is dead.

About time.

Now wonder, what does it mean for the nation and Korea as a whole?

Good thing South Korea has it's "Save North Korea" Funds.

it means Kim Jong Un is going to run the country in the same style as his dad and nothing will be different.

Good, someone posted this thread.

Anyways, don't famous people die in threes? Wonder who's next?

I don't think it's controversial to say I did not like the man.

Well lets see how this shapes up. Like they've done in the past North Korea might try to attack foreign powers in the name of Kim Un to cement his rule or maybe the country will crumble around him. We'll probably know in about a year or less.

I wonder if anyone else saw the entire Homefront Game Timeline. I mean the writers had predicted he would die 2012, and that would be interesting if their timeline was accurate as the years go on.

drmigit2:
it means Kim Jong Un is going to run the country in the same style as his dad and nothing will be different.

you might be surprised.

children tend to (naturally imo) have an inbuilt drive to differ from their parents.

there is an entirely different history he could write for himself that would (eventually) see the lives of all his people greatly improve and see himself become a major & positively lit figure in Korean history and all he has to do is, basically, say "yes" to Korean reunification.

he would get as much support as they could realistically lend from both the South and the Chinese and at the end of it all would still be likely to enjoy a very comfortable life personally.

what's more this option is almost undoubtedly in his head rattling around already and very probably weighing heavily.

after all how would you feel about your dad and his ideas if he was all "just shut up, and praise the leader" ? :P

South Korea has just put its government on emergency alert. Everyone cross you fingers and hope that war doesn't break out due to a misunderstanding.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2011/12/201112193620221153.html

I was playing Fallout 3 when my mother told me the news. Jebus Christ, what now?

and then the whole country falls with him. and thus, communism falls with it.

but seriously, how many dictators have we ended this year? like 4 in the middle east, osama bin laden, and now kim jong "ILL".

Who next? and can we squeeze him in before next year?

tendaji:
I wonder if anyone else saw the entire Homefront Game Timeline. I mean the writers had predicted he would die 2012, and that would be interesting if their timeline was accurate as the years go on.

That prediction is nothing special. His health has been failing for years. You probably had a 50/50 chance of being right if you predicted his death this year or next.

We won't know which way the winds are blowing until Kim Jong Un starts making decisions, assuming he actually succeeds his dad and there isn't a coup or a rebellion or something. Once he's on his feet and out of daddy's shadow, he'll have to pick a direction and go with it.

Keep in mind that he, like pretty much everyone else in North Korea, has had no freedom in his life to express a view contrary to that of Dear Leader in public. We have no idea what he will say now that he's free to do so.

Thank you, Santa!

Also,

A broadcaster reported that Kim died due to "overwork" after "dedicating his life to the people."
Kim died of "great mental and physical strain" while in a train during a "field guidance tour," North Korea's state-run KCNA news agency reported.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/18/world/asia/north-korea-leader-dead/?hpt=hp_t1

How can they honestly expect people to believe that?

CM156:

How can you say that. The guy died. Once someone dies you're not allowed to be mean to them, since they're dead and all (this was sarcasm).

Father Time:

CM156:

How can you say that. The guy died. Once someone dies you're not allowed to be mean to them, since they're dead and all (this was sarcasm).

In which case, I can say that he made the trains run on time

Oh wait. Wrong person. My mistake.

(This was also sarcasm)

Good night sweet Prince *sniff*

Meh, I've been waiting to hear this news for the last couple of years, since he had that stroke. I'd look to either see things become more hostile between North and South Korea, or for the smoldering aggression between the two to lessen.

Jegsimmons:

but seriously, how many dictators have we ended this year? like 4 in the middle east, osama bin laden, and now kim jong "ILL".

My bet? Castro. How he's still alive is just pure magic. Either that, or they've got powerful Clerics, or high level Necromancers in Cuba.

GrimTuesday:

Meh, I've been waiting to hear this news for the last couple of years, since he had that stroke. I'd look to either see things become more hostile between North and South Korea, or for the smoldering aggression between the two to lessen.

Those are kinda the two options, aren't they? Not trying to attack you, I understand what you mean. I'm just being silly.

Goodnight, sweet Prince. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

CNN:
He was believed to be 69.

Huh? What the hell CNN, you mean you don't fucking know? So much for investigative journalism.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/12/18/world/asia/kim-jong-il-obit/index.html

manic_depressive13:

CNN:

Huh? What the hell CNN, you mean you don't fucking know? So much for investigative journalism.

Soviet records say he was born in '41, North Korean records say he was born in '42.

Who's right? Don't know, don't care. But, it would be a lack of journalism to state his age definitively, when there's doubt.

madwarper:

manic_depressive13:

CNN:

Soviet records say he was born in '41, North Korean records say he was born in '42.

Who's right? Don't know, don't care. But, it would be a lack of journalism to state his age definitively, when there's doubt.

Oh I see. How mysterious. The more you know, huh.

drmigit2:

Well if someone isn't feeling Cynical today...

I have some hope that things can end peacefully and both koreas could possibly even reunite, however, it doesn't seem that likely. However, when his heir learns of the state the country is in (Constantly on the verge of widespread famine, poor beyond all belief, and China, it's only real hope, is just one screw up away from cutting off all aid to them) he may want to peacefully step down and let South Korea handle all the problems.

If anything I kinda hope that China would take over the country, or at least put more pressure on NK to be more diplomatic with the world.

That, or the country fall, and Korea can finally be whole again.

Well, now it'll be interesting to see what happens. With his son at the wheel? I honestly dunno. He might turn out to be a (relative) reformer or just as bad as his old man.

Jegsimmons:

Ya but we didn't "end" Kim. He died cause he was old and sick, he's been sick for some time now.

Hope NK can better itself in the world standings. Start to get along with everyone. Unification would be a LONG way off, but never to early to start.
The big issue is their nuclear arsenal. They'll need to dismantle it before anything major can be done. Hope his son isn't brainwashed.

Barry93:
Thank you, Santa!

Also,

A broadcaster reported that Kim died due to "overwork" after "dedicating his life to the people."
Kim died of "great mental and physical strain" while in a train during a "field guidance tour," North Korea's state-run KCNA news agency reported.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/18/world/asia/north-korea-leader-dead/?hpt=hp_t1

How can they honestly expect people to believe that?

Look up some of the claims that they have made about their "great leader."

It is both silly, and scary what his people will believe. Really, you will not believe me if I post even the most believable of the tall tales the nation has.

What surprised me about this news cast that they made his death sound so MUNDANE as something as "death by fatigue" rather than something more "glorious."

2012 Wont Happen:
Goodnight, sweet Prince. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Just curious. Do you mean the sweet, heavenly kind or are you kinda hoping Sephiroth came by for a pick-up?

OT: I wonder, if the son does try some reforms, will the military go along with him or will there be a coup of some stripe?

I watched the one vid that showed all of the citizens interviewed crying very vocally... I'm wondering if they're genuinely crying, or just faking it because they don't want to get in trouble for not feeling sorrow for his demise. I mean, it seems like the ones being taped tried to make sure that they had proof that they were distraught for his demise, just to keep themselves and their family safe.

can we nuke it yet?(the country)

CM156:

GrimTuesday:

Those are kinda the two options, aren't they? Not trying to attack you, I understand what you mean. I'm just being silly.

You're being silly? How dare you be silly in the thread about the passing of our beloved leader! The world has lost one of the greatest minds of all times, not to mention one of the best actors (outside of King Abdullah II of Jordan, who was a extra on Star Trek: Voyager[1]) to have ever graced the Korean screen. Truly our beloved leader will be missed, and we'd all really appreciate it if you would refrain from making light of this most serious of situations.

[1] This is actually true, the only reason Abdullah wasn't given a speaking role was because he isn't a member of the oppressive governing body known as the Screen Actors Guild

It seems now that every dictator is slowly being killed or just dying. If I was Robert Mugabe I'd be getting pretty fucking nervous right about now.

"Dead and is world dead with him, and a new world beginning. Poor old Kim with his flags and his folly. And now for the rule of the Airmen, and a new life for mankind."

Well not realy, but I'm realy getting a vibe from all these dead dictators.
And can I not dream of a world without Warlords and would-be conquerers? A world unified by a common cause and order?

One day, perhaps.

I probably said this way too many times, but I spend half my time in Tokyo and half in Australia.

Japan and South Korea is now on alert because we have no idea what his son might do.

Japan has one nuclear power plant problem to take care of, and now a nuclear country right next door to worry about.
I am seriously getting sick of all the nuclear scares this year. :(

When you study religion/sociology they often say that kids of religious parents sometimes turn out to be totally atheist, and kids of atheist parents turn out to be religious. (I know you guys want to rebut, but please let this slide for now)

So, maybe Jyong Il's son is very non communist??? (highly unlikely though)

So the evil little prick stumped at last. Good. Now we are going to have mass crying in the streets and all that circus over there. They have to, because people are watching making sure they are.

But they must not start before the director yells SCENE 1.

CM156:

Maybe he is the third, Bin Laden and Gaffadi the first two? Regardless, all people who the world is better off without.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked