Happy Hogmanay (New Year) R&P :)

as we spend lots of time debating things on this forum even to the extent of Christmas i wish to take this chance to wish you all something that hopefully we can agree on and that's a Happy New Year :)

May the best of your past be the worst of your future.

Here's tae us.
Wha's like us ?
Damn few, And they're a' deid

Slange Var!

May the new year bring more bickering and arguing on ecnomics and guns! :D

OT: Where is that photo from? Is that Paris? I am not that farmillar with the architecture, but I think that might be the famous farris wheel in the background.

Not G. Ivingname:
OT: Where is that photo from? Is that Paris? I am not that farmillar with the architecture, but I think that might be the famous farris wheel in the background.

its Edinburgh, Scotland :)

Not G. Ivingname:
May the new year bring more bickering and arguing on ecnomics and guns! :D

That's Edinburgh, shot from Calton Hill at the East End of Princes Street, facing towards Edinburgh Castle over the Gardens - in the centre left you can see the Norway Spruce they send us each year that's erected halfway up The Mound. The clocktower in the foreground is the Balmoral Hotel. The ferris wheel is part of the godawful "Holiday Village" that they set up every year, flogging tat and imitation tat from tasteless wee faux-log cabins.

Also, OP is a day early :P

Magichead:

its says "31 December 2011 4:45 am" on the post and that's Hogmanay from where i'm sitting

slacker ;P

Slange! :)

Sleekit:

Magichead:

its says "31 December 2011 4:45 am" on the post and that's Hogmanay from where i'm sitting

slacker ;P

Slange! :)

It's only Hogmanay once you're drunk, and if you're drunk at 6am on New Year's Eve.....no wait, that happened to me last year, disregard.

Slange! :P

Well, alright, it's another sixteen and a half hours here, but I'll do this in advance:

Happy new year everyone!
Ich wŁnsche euch einen guten Rutsch!

Meh, I still got 25 hours to go (it is currently still the 30th where I live), but I will post anyway. Happy new year all! Don't go too overboard on the booze! ;)

Happy New Year! (...in 5 hours time).

Or "godt nytŚr", as the local flavour would be.

Happy New Year (in just over 6 hours time), everyone.

And that's a great picture of Edinburgh.

Happy new years one hour ago!

Happy New Year everyone, good riddance to 2011, bring on 2012.

Happy New Year, and kill all Captcha :D.

Seekster:
...bring on 2012.

Oh, that's right, another doomsday prophecy to make fun of!
I'm just not sure whether we have to wait till a particular date in 2012 or until 2012 is fully over before we make fun of them.

Skeleon:

Seekster:
...bring on 2012.

Oh, that's right, another doomsday prophecy to make fun of!
I'm just not sure whether we have to wait till a particular date in 2012 or until 2012 is fully over before we make fun of them.

Screw that ill make fun of them now, though really ill make fun of the people who actually believe that nonsense more. If I am wrong, well there wont be long for people to say they told me so. Seriously though I don't thing there is any significance at all to the Mayan Calendar ending in December 2012 (there is an exact date but I remember its in December). So yeah a year from now if we are still alive we can look back at the 2012 doomsday stuff the same way we look back at Y2K.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked