Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
The US GOP Primary Results/Prediction thread [UPDATE: Santorum suspends campaign]

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . . . 22 NEXT

Seekster:

Bymidew:

Seekster:

Yeah of course its terrorism, I never denied that it was. Recruit also made valid points too so I will just refer to what he said.

Holy ****, you actually admitted the obvious. I SALUTE YOU.

Now, if we can just get the Corporate Media and the FBI to do the same, Homeland Security can start waterboarding Randall Terry, and then we might GET somewhere.

Its like admitting that stealing is a crime, no shit.

I am fairly certain Terry didnt kill George Tiller, he just criticized him which he is free to do, a bit tasteless so soon after the guy was killed but yeah he didnt kill him. Scott Roeder was the one who killed George Tiller and that sick nutjob isnt going to be up for Parole for 50 years which is sooner than he deserves.

I am against abortion by any possible means SHORT of a violence.

Right-Wing Terrorism: It Works

Brad Hicks:
1. Supreme Court rules that women have a right to 1st and 2nd trimester abortions with no more restrictions than are necessary to make the procedure safe, and to 3rd trimester abortions when medically necessary.
2. Right wing politicians, pastors, and commentators describe abortion as murder, as killing of babies. They warn that America will be destroyed and all Christians will die if Something Isn't Done. They announce that the political process has failed.
3. "Lone crazies" start showing up at anti-abortion rallies carrying guns.
4. Right wing politicians, pastors, and commentators insist that this is the lone crazies' 2nd Amendment right.
5. Repeat step 2.
6. "Lone crazies" start blowing up abortion clinics.
7. Right wing politicians, pastors, and commentators look the other way, and/or point out that nobody has been hurt yet, and/or dishonestly insist that liberals are engaging in similar tactics, and/or insist that liberals are over-reacting.
8. Repeat step 2.
9. "Lone crazies" start assassinating abortion doctors.
10. Right wing politicians, pastors, and commentators insist that this isn't their fault, that inciting violence is their 1st Amendment right, that nothing they've said was meant to be interpreted as a call for violence, that they've done nothing wrong.
11. Repeat step 2.
12. Bombings continue. Assassinations continue.
13. Medical students stop signing up for classes in abortion procedures. Abortion ceases to be available in almost all counties in the United States.

Mission Accomplished?

I don't mean to interrupt your internet rhetorical d-ck-waving exercise that is steadily adding posts to this thread and moving me towards a badge, but I want to remind everybody that a much more important event is coming up: cable network news rhetorical d-ck waving.

Yes, fresh off their mid-season break, the 25th episode of the smash-hit reality TV show, GOP Presidential Debates, will kick off the re-ramping up of this exercise in sound-bites and ratings in Arizona, held by CNN at 6p local time tomorrow (4a GMT, 8p EST, 5p PST). How will Santorum react now that he's the front runner and not some guy who has to literally beg for moderator attention? Will Gingrich say something to push himself back to the top? Will Romney say anything that actually succeeds in making him not look like a plastic doll? Will Paul's coat actually fit this time?

All questions no one in their right mind would care about, but questions that will only be answered tomorrow. Watch it... or not... I probably won't...

Highlights will be posted sometime after.

Bymidew:

Seekster:

Bymidew:

Holy ****, you actually admitted the obvious. I SALUTE YOU.

Now, if we can just get the Corporate Media and the FBI to do the same, Homeland Security can start waterboarding Randall Terry, and then we might GET somewhere.

I am fairly certain Terry didnt kill George Tiller, he just criticized him which he is free to do, a bit tasteless so soon after the guy was killed but yeah he didnt kill him. Scott Roeder was the one who killed George Tiller and that sick nutjob isnt going to be up for Parole for 50 years which is sooner than he deserves.

Brad Hicks:
1. Supreme Court rules that women have a right to 1st and 2nd trimester abortions with no more restrictions than are necessary to make the procedure safe, and to 3rd trimester abortions when medically necessary.
2. Right wing politicians, pastors, and commentators describe abortion as murder, as killing of babies. They warn that America will be destroyed and all Christians will die if Something Isn't Done. They announce that the political process has failed.
4. Right wing politicians, pastors, and commentators insist that this is the lone crazies' 2nd Amendment right.
5. Repeat step 2.
7. Right wing politicians, pastors, and commentators look the other way, and/or point out that nobody has been hurt yet, and/or dishonestly insist that liberals are engaging in similar tactics, and/or insist that liberals are over-reacting.
8. Repeat step 2.
10. Right wing politicians, pastors, and commentators insist that this isn't their fault, that inciting violence is their 1st Amendment right, that nothing they've said was meant to be interpreted as a call for violence, that they've done nothing wrong.
11. Repeat step 2.
13. Medical students stop signing up for classes in abortion procedures. Abortion ceases to be available in almost all counties in the United States.

Mission Accomplished?

Your sick Bymidew. I mean it, even Rush Limbaugh on his worst days is more connected with reality than you are if you believe there is some vast right-wing conspiracy to use terrorism to end abortion.

The Gentleman:
I don't mean to interrupt your internet rhetorical d-ck-waving exercise that is steadily adding posts to this thread and moving me towards a badge, but I want to remind everybody that a much more important event is coming up: cable network news rhetorical d-ck waving.

Yes, fresh off their mid-season break, the 25th episode of the smash-hit reality TV show, GOP Presidential Debates, will kick off the re-ramping up of this exercise in sound-bites and ratings in Arizona, held by CNN at 6p local time (4a GMT, 8p EST, 5p PST). How will Santorum react now that he's the front runner and not some guy who has to literally beg for moderator attention? Will Gingrich say something to push himself back to the top? Will Romney say anything that actually succeeds in making him not look like a plastic doll? Will Paul's coat actually fit this time?

All questions no one in their right mind would care about, but questions that will only be answered tomorrow. Watch it... or not... I probably won't...

I think the debate is tomorrow night.

http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2011-2012-primary-debate-schedule/

The Gentleman:

Yes, fresh off their mid-season break, the 25th episode of the smash-hit reality TV show, GOP Presidential Debates, will kick off the re-ramping up of this exercise in sound-bites and ratings in Arizona, held by CNN at 6p local time (4a GMT, 8p EST, 5p PST). How will Santorum react now that he's the front runner and not some guy who has to literally beg for moderator attention? Will Gingrich say something to push himself back to the top? Will Romney say anything that actually succeeds in making him not look like a plastic doll? Will Paul's coat actually fit this time?

All Romney has to do thanks to Santorum flaming out so spectacularly this week is to stay above the fray, keep his mouth shut and not try to suddenly sound exactly like hi--Yay more comedy for another few months

AP:

SHELBY, Mich. (AP) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Tuesday that President Barack Obama's administration has "fought against religion" and sought to substitute a "secular" agenda for one grounded in faith.
"Unfortunately, possibly because of the people the president hangs around with, and their agenda, their secular agenda - they have fought against religion," he said.
He also took questions on gay marriage, Supreme Court appointments and abortion - and when asked about whom he might select as his vice presidential running mate, he listed "pro-life" as the first credential he would look for.

edit: I think the Rombot needs to go in for servicing/OS upgrade to be able to understand the complex human emotion called "love" before the debate at the least. That video where he says he loves everything is tragic/hilarious to watch.

Seekster:

Your sick Bymidew. I mean it, even Rush Limbaugh on his worst days is more connected with reality than you are if you believe there is some vast right-wing conspiracy to use terrorism to end abortion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/05/1051978/-Another-day,-another-pro-life-terrorist-bombs-an-abortion-clinic
http://www.christiangallery.com/atrocity/ (Although they seem to have taken down their CHARMING list of abortionists' names, with the murdered ones crossed out.)

Just a few 'Lone Nuts', I'm sure.

Edit to add:

Brad Hicks again:
We know how this story ends, don't we? They're not going to stop, because they learned over the course of the abortion wars to date that this tactic works. They have an endless supply of deniable schizophrenic assassins, they will never be brought to any kind of justice for what they're doing, and if they keep winding up deniable schizophrenic assassins, they eventually get everything they want.

Seekster:
I think the debate is tomorrow night.

http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2011-2012-primary-debate-schedule/

Meant to write "tomorrow." My bad. The post has been edited.

EDIT: There was a reference to tomorrow in the latter paragraphs.

Hee.

Steven Colbert:
If Rick Santorum is the commander in chief, he will do what no other president has had the courage to do: declare war on hell. It's simple: All we have to do is take our nuclear missiles out of their silos and put them back in upside-down.

This plan is terrible! All it would do is get the Deroes mad at us. And they've got earthquake machines.

Hmm interesting, seems Santorum's lead in Michigan has evaporated into a dead heat that slightly favors Romney. Romney is also ahead in Arizona and even more interesting, Gingrich is only leading in his home state of Georgia by 2%. Still these are just polls so take them with a few grains of salt. We have a debate tonight and in the next week or so we have a TON of primaries to go through so we will see where we are after that.

If Santorum does end up getting the nod that will speak a lot about what the majority of people who consider themselves Republican have as their priorities. I try not to judge the party on what the religious obsessed members say but... if they vote for Santorum to represent them it would be quite fair to use the religious zealotry as an attacking point for their platform as a whole and not just the extremists.

Seekster:
Hmm interesting, seems Santorum's lead in Michigan has evaporated into a dead heat that slightly favors Romney. Romney is also ahead in Arizona and even more interesting, Gingrich is only leading in his home state of Georgia by 2%. Still these are just polls so take them with a few grains of salt. We have a debate tonight and in the next week or so we have a TON of primaries to go through so we will see where we are after that.

Rumor has it Romney's been dumping boatloads of money into Michigan in order to smear Santorum. His concern is genuine: if he loses Michigan, where he spent almost 20 years of his life and where his governor father is still looked upon favorably, Santorum will become the de facto front runner. Michigan was supposed to be solid Romney in the primaries. If he loses there, he can lose anywhere.

EDIT: *loud bell rings in celebration* WE DID IT! 500 Posts in this thread!

*Sheds a tear* I remember in January when it looked like we weren't going to make it into February and candidates were falling left and right. No one thought it could be done. "The posters aren't ready" they said and many times we had to put an obligatory post just to make sure it remained on the first page of the forum, but now we've beaten back expectations and have made it to 500 posts.

So we'll go onto Arizona, and onto Michigan, and onto Washington, and onto Super Tuesday, and all the way to the Tampa Convention. *YEEEAAAAGGGGHHH!*

The Gentleman:

Seekster:

Rumor has it Romney's been dumping boatloads of money into Michigan in order to smear Santorum. His concern is genuine: if he loses Michigan, where he spent almost 20 years of his life and where his governor father is still looked upon favorably, Santorum will become the de facto front runner. Michigan was supposed to be solid Romney in the primaries. If he loses there, he can lose anywhere.

*Sheds a tear* I remember in January when it looked like we weren't going to make it into February and candidates were falling left and right. No one thought it could be done. "The posters aren't ready" they said and many times we had to put an obligatory post just to make sure it remained on the first page of the forum, but now we've beaten back expectations and have made it to 500 posts.

So we'll go onto Arizona, and onto Michigan, and onto Washington, and onto Super Tuesday, and all the way to the Tampa Convention. *YEEEAAAAGGGGHHH!*

The Press is making Michigan Romney's home state, it isnt. His Dad was governor there and he lived there for a while. Even if Romney doesn't win Michigan its silly to read anything more into it than oh he lost Michigan.

Santorum is easily smeared, his mentor was Newt Gingrich after all. He has a lot of rumors about kick backs and corruption about him I hear.

I think at this point is a Romney vs Santorum race. I laughed when I saw the Chicago Tribune run a story with the words "brokered convention" in the title. Oh how long a week is in politics, its like a month. I am still going to say that after Super Tuesday we will have a clear front runner and it will be either Romney or Santorum.

Its like watching a circus is what it is, we have seen a lot of clowns come out and I even heard some idiot say they need Jeb Bush to enter the race...yeah no. Mark my words, a month from today there will be a clear frontrunner if not a defacto nominee. Brokered convention my ass, just some slub trying to sell papers.

Seekster:

Bymidew:

Seekster:

Brad Hicks:
5. Repeat step 2.
8. Repeat step 2.
11. Repeat step 2.

Mission Accomplished?

You're sick Bymidew. I mean it, even Rush Limbaugh on his worst days is more connected with reality than you are if you believe there is some vast right-wing conspiracy to use terrorism to end abortion.

I searched "GOP Condemning violence against Abortionists" in Google. Did not find a single hit that didn't link to either

A) GOP blocking Klobucher Bill that increases penalties for attacking abortion clinics
B) Lists of violent acts performed by pro-life members

So I think the problem is somewhat greater than you admit. Violence has solved most of Christianity's problems for the last millenia or two. Why stop now?

The Gentleman:

Seekster:

It's not a rumour, Santorum is being outspent 3:1 (at least) by Romney when considering the SuperPAC involvement.

Anyone lol at the Romney tax plan that came out today? 20% marginal rate cut across the board, estate tax gotten rid of, alternative minimum tax gotten rid of. Paid for with $500Bn worth of unspecified spending cuts. The Rombot needs a better calculator programme installed and a new logic circuit if he thinks this is even slightly electable worthy outside of the primary. I wonder which escapist is going to champion this plan... :P

Seekster:

The Press is making Michigan Romney's home state, it isnt. His Dad was governor there and he lived there for a while. Even if Romney doesn't win Michigan its silly to read anything more into it than oh he lost Michigan.

Santorum is easily smeared, his mentor was Newt Gingrich after all. He has a lot of rumors about kick backs and corruption about him I hear.

I think at this point is a Romney vs Santorum race. I laughed when I saw the Chicago Tribune run a story with the words "brokered convention" in the title. Oh how long a week is in politics, its like a month. I am still going to say that after Super Tuesday we will have a clear front runner and it will be either Romney or Santorum.

Its like watching a circus is what it is, we have seen a lot of clowns come out and I even heard some idiot say they need Jeb Bush to enter the race...yeah no. Mark my words, a month from today there will be a clear frontrunner if not a defacto nominee. Brokered convention my ass, just some slub trying to sell papers.

Not even I think the GOP establishment is crazy enough to allow Santorum to be the candidate, if Romney loses or squeaks out a win in Michigan they'll do there fucking damndest to get a new face to either enter the race or distance themselves as much as humanly possible from the electoral landslide that will happen.

The Gentleman:
Rumor has it Romney's been dumping boatloads of money into Michigan in order to smear Santorum.

Eeew.

Seekster:

Santorum is easily smeared,

EEEWWW!!!!

Seekster:

Its like watching a circus is what it is, we have seen a lot of clowns come out and I even heard some idiot say they need Jeb Bush to enter the race...yeah no.

At least we agree on SOMETHING. :-P

The LAST Bush we had nearly ruined the place. One more might leave us wishing we were in a relatively functional government like Somalia.

TheGuy(wantstobe):

Not even I think the GOP establishment is crazy enough to allow Santorum to be the candidate, if Romney loses or squeaks out a win in Michigan they'll do there fucking damndest to get a new face to either enter the race or distance themselves as much as humanly possible from the electoral landslide that will happen.

I really DO have to wonder. As a historian friend of mine pointed out, the scary thing about the current crop of Repubs is that they seem to be COMPLETELY SINCERE with their horrible ideas. At least with Bush Senior, you always had the comforting knowledge that he was just saying whatever he thought would get him elected.

Oh, well. The GOP carefully nurtured a generation of Know-Nothings, now they get to watch as they take over the party and run it off a cliff. Karma in action.

Awexsome:
If Santorum does end up getting the nod that will speak a lot about what the majority of people who consider themselves Republican have as their priorities. I try not to judge the party on what the religious obsessed members say but... if they vote for Santorum to represent them it would be quite fair to use the religious zealotry as an attacking point for their platform as a whole and not just the extremists.

Yep. The lunatics do seem to have taken over the asylum.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Seekster:

Bymidew:

Mission Accomplished?

You're sick Bymidew. I mean it, even Rush Limbaugh on his worst days is more connected with reality than you are if you believe there is some vast right-wing conspiracy to use terrorism to end abortion.

I searched "GOP Condemning violence against Abortionists" in Google. Did not find a single hit that didn't link to either

A) GOP blocking Klobucher Bill that increases penalties for attacking abortion clinics
B) Lists of violent acts performed by pro-life members

So I think the problem is somewhat greater than you admit. Violence has solved most of Christianity's problems for the last millenia or two. Why stop now?

You're sick too. And no violence has not solved most of Christianity's problems, if anything it has caused more than it has solved.

TheGuy(wantstobe):

Seekster:

I don't think the GOP establishment would have much of a choice, besides as long as the GOP wins the Senate (which is all but a statistical guarantee) and holds onto the House the establishment will be satisfied. They know even if Obama wins again he will be a lame duck basically from the start and then Rubio has a clear road to the White House in 2016.

In any case I still think all of this hubub about Santorum is just because he had a good night a while back and we havnt really had any election news sense. Think about it. After every primary the press has made wild speculations about what the race is and who should get out and then after the next major primary their story changes and they still act like they know what they are talking about. Hopefully Super Tuesday will shut them up...and then maybe Al Qaeda will start a frozen yogurt business. What I am saying is you are getting drawn into the inane bantering and speculation of the press instead of looking at the numbers as they stand.

All Romney needs to do is keep up the pace while Santorum wilts under the spotlight and the nomination is his.

Seekster:
What I am saying is you are getting drawn into the inane bantering and speculation of the press instead of looking at the numbers as they stand.

All Romney needs to do is keep up the pace while Santorum wilts under the spotlight and the nomination is his.

Interesting but ultimately wrong, again, insert scathing remark here. I have been looking at the polling numbers and more importantly the donations to the campaigns. Rombot is up in Arizona but is losing out among independents, due the long drawn out primary and the inability to keep the fuck quiet while your opponents are imploding and not emulate what they're saying, to the point where he's tied with Bams in a general election poll. His donor's to his personal campaign have almost all maxed out at the $2500 dollar limit and he's now relying solely on the SuperPACS to spend as much as possible in smear ads etc. The effect of this on Romney's numbers can actually be seen easily with the Florida primary where he destroyed Gingrich with ads but the backlash against him for the sheer number of negative ads hurt his overall polling numbers across the country.
The same effect can also be seen in Michigan. Two weeks ago polls had Santorum up by at least 5 points over Romney and then both the negative ads started along with Santorum going nutty and showing he's almost as religious as you are. This lead to them becoming tied in the polls but Santorum is once again leading in the majority of polls thanks to the backlash from the negative ads along with Romney not shutting up and instead emulating the frothy one in recent days.

Sufficiently explained for you or would you like even more detail? I know Gentleman wouldn't mind since it's mroe posts for his topic and closer to that elusive 100 post topic badge :P

TheGuy(wantstobe):

Seekster:
What I am saying is you are getting drawn into the inane bantering and speculation of the press instead of looking at the numbers as they stand.

Interesting but ultimately wrong, again, insert scathing remark here. I have been looking at the polling numbers and more importantly the donations to the campaigns. Rombot is up in Arizona but is losing out among independents, due the long drawn out primary and the inability to keep the fuck quiet while your opponents are imploding and not emulate what they're saying, to the point where he's tied with Bams in a general election poll. His donor's to his personal campaign have almost all maxed out at the $2500 dollar limit and he's now relying solely on the SuperPACS to spend as much as possible in smear ads etc. The effect of this on Romney's numbers can actually be seen easily with the Florida primary where he destroyed Gingrich with ads but the backlash against him for the sheer number of negative ads hurt his overall polling numbers across the country.
The same effect can also be seen in Michigan. Two weeks ago polls had Santorum up by at least 5 points over Romney and then both the negative ads started along with Santorum going nutty and showing he's almost as religious as you are. This lead to them becoming tied in the polls but Santorum is once again leading in the majority of polls thanks to the backlash from the negative ads along with Romney not shutting up and instead emulating the frothy one in recent days.

Sufficiently explained for you or would you like even more detail? I know Gentleman wouldn't mind since it's mroe posts for his topic and closer to that elusive 100 post topic badge :P

Relax is only February for goodness sake. I could care less where one candidate or another is compared with Obama in February. Every four years its the same bloody thing, "Oh if we don't rally behind one guy soon it will hurt in the general election". Bullshit, no matter who the candidate is the Republicans will rally behind him and all this inane banter that we are hearing right now will be completely forgotten.

We have barely heard a peep out of Romney lately so I don't know what you are on about "Romney needs to shut up".

Also about negative ads, they work. Every candidate including Obama is going to run negative ads and nobody is going to care.

"Santorum going nutty and showing he's almost as religious as you are."

And what is exactly is THAT supposed to mean?

Incidentally I looked it up and Romney hasnt trashed Santorum like he did Gingrich in Florida. According to stories ive been reading on AP and CNN it seems Romney has been running mostly positive adds to improve is likability in Michigan which has now improved to around 55% (home state my ass).

Oh and Bym...did you know that if you put someone on ignore you don't get messages sent to your inbox when they reply to you? Until recently I had never encountered someone who literally had nothing to say worth reading so it was only recently that I found out that ignore does that.

Seekster:

Also about negative ads, they work. Every candidate including Obama is going to run negative ads and nobody is going to care.

The Republicans don't HAVE to make it so easy, though.

Watching the debate...Santorum is a dead man...and its not even over yet.

Update: Oh neat, Rick Perry is in the audience at the debate, they just showed him...does not look happy.

Seekster:

Update: Oh neat, Rick Perry is in the audience at the debate, they just showed him...does not look happy.

How'd the debate go in your opinion?

For those with time on their hands, here's the transcript.

For those who don't, here's a play-by-play.

The Gentleman:

Seekster:

Santorum was on his heels from the minute it started. Romney tore him down all night long, and Ol' Frothy never picked up the pieces. Never been so happy to see a Republican chew a man to pieces.

Newt's current approval rating among GOP voters? 46%. Disapproval from same base? 42%. That's not good.

Can we just call it for Romney so I can stay in this country? Romney doesn't seem nearly as bad as the others.

The Gentleman:

Seekster:

I think everyone had a good night except Santorum, by the end of the debate Santorum had everything thrown back in his face including the usually tried and true attack about Romneycare. Romney actually made it out like Santorum had more to do with Obamacare passing due to his support of Spectre. Now obviously Spectre probably would have won with or without Santorum's support and still would have voted for Obamacare anyway but thats not the point, Santorum couldnt articulate that and even got boos from the audience.

I think the best moment though goes to Ron Paul. He was asked why he called Santorum a fake conservative, Paul responded by simply saying "Because he is fake." and then after a pause went on to explain. Santorum was blushing like a schoolgirl.

I did enjoy the last bit though where they asked the candidates to describe themselves in one word.

Paul: "Consistent"

Santorum: "Courage"

Romney: "Resolute"

Gingrich: "Cheerful"

*Audience laughs*

NameIsRobertPaulson:

The Gentleman:

Seekster:

Santorum was on his heels from the minute it started. Romney tore him down all night long, and Ol' Frothy never picked up the pieces. Never been so happy to see a Republican chew a man to pieces.

Newt's current approval rating among GOP voters? 46%. Disapproval from same base? 42%. That's not good.

Can we just call it for Romney so I can stay in this country? Romney doesn't seem nearly as bad as the others.

We wont know how the debate translated among voters until Tuesday when they vote in the Primaries but I very much doubt it did much to help Santorum who seems to have been exposed as a "fake Conservative". His worst moment was when he actually told the crowd he was proud to defend earmarks...he even got boos for that.

Edit:

Also Santorum got blasted for supporting the "Bridge to Nowhere" in Alaska and even more devastating was Romney pointing out the simple fact that Santorum has repeatedly voted to raise the debt ceiling without any plan to control spending, something Rick can't deny. This is about what I expected to happen, Santorum withering under the spotlight, but I am surprised Rick did as badly as he did. On top of all this Santorum seemed to be tripping over his words and seemed even smaller than usual compared to Romney (Romney is taller than Santorum anyway) even though they were seated for this debate.

Oh and Gingrich got his lick in on John King who deserves a gold star for willingly stepping on a debate stage with Newt again after the tongue-lashing he got last time he did something stupid.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

I suspect the sole reason the others are still in the race is to make Romney look like the sane one by comparison.

"I suspect the sole reason the others are still in the race is to make Romney look like the sane one by comparison."

Thats uncharacteristically charitable of you Bymidew. If the other candidates are only staying in the race as some kind of plan to make Romney look sane by comparison then wouldnt that imply that the other candidates are at least sane enough to concoct such a scheme?

Seekster:
"I suspect the sole reason the others are still in the race is to make Romney look like the sane one by comparison."

Thats uncharacteristically charitable of you Bymidew. If the other candidates are only staying in the race as some kind of plan to make Romney look sane by comparison then wouldnt that imply that the other candidates are at least sane enough to concoct such a scheme?

Oh, I don't think it's THEIR idea. After all, they're all just dancing like puppets on the strings of the American Milk Solids Council.

One thing that didn't make that tape: Romney's answer to what he thinks are misconceptions about him really weren't misconceptions and then he said "You get to ask the questions you want, I get to give the answers I want."

Mitt, when you don't answer a question given to you by the moderators and they point it out you don't ever acknowledge they are right, you just keep going on with your response as if it is exactly what they asked for.

As a reminder: tonight is the Arizona and Michigan Primaries. I will post the preliminary results as soon as the contests are called.

Looks like Santorum is winning Michigan. But still too early to tell. That would make a interesting primary. Heh, its front page at Drudge.

Pft, Santorum and Romney are essentially tied in Michigan. I also don't buy "oh its Romney's home state so he has to win it." Massachusetts is for all intents and purposes Romney's home state the same way Texas is George W Bush's de facto home state (Bush was born in Connecticut).

Anyway as for tonight, Romney will win Arizona but Michigan I can't call at all. Arizona is winner take all though, don't know if Michigan is or not. Santorum has become an annoyance and a problem for Romney but I have ever confidence Romney will be the nominee.

By the way poor Wyoming, its Caucus is Feb 29 and nobody cares except maybe Ron Paul.

Did I hear someone say Ron Paul?

tstorm823:
Did I hear someone say Ron Paul?

I assume you read it, nobody cares about Wyoming's caucus on the 29th and Ron Paul tends to win contests that nobody cares about or which are internet based.

Seekster:

I assume you read it, nobody cares about Wyoming's caucus on the 29th and Ron Paul tends to win contests that nobody cares about or which are internet based.

Don't forget the non-state dsitricts. There's a few dozen primary delegates available outside of the states, and nobody else is gonna compaign for those.

The other day after the debate, they actually admitted on tv that Ron Paul is a close 2nd in the actual delegate count. Obviously the interviewer hadn't heard that they were telling everyone he only had 8.

tstorm823:

Seekster:

Don't forget the non-state dsitricts. There's a few dozen primary delegates available outside of the states, and nobody else is gonna compaign for those.

The other day after the debate, they actually admitted on tv that Ron Paul is a close 2nd in the actual delegate count. Obviously the interviewer hadn't heard that they were telling everyone he only had 8.

Yes I am sure The US Virgin Islands and perhaps even Puerto Rico will give Paul their support.

Actually the delegate count as of now is: (according to CNN at least)

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries.html

Romney: 127
Gingrich: 38
Santorum: 37
Paul: 27

Now if you want to say CNN is biased against Paul, well they are but we are dealing with delegates here and the number of delegates someone has is a single number and is not up for discussion.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . . . 22 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked