Technical Difficulties or Media Bias?

I can't really say that I follow US politics as much as I should, but this video caught my attention. It took place at the Iowa Caucus tonight and many people are saying that it wasn't truly technical difficulties, but rather another example of the continuing media bias against Ron Paul. Now, I can't say that I completely support Ron Paul, but even I feel a little uneasy about this video and the unfair media attention that the independent candidate has been getting.

Do you believe this is just technical difficulties or something else? Also, what are your opinions on Ron Paul 2012?

More likely than not, it was technical difficulties. Paulites seem to think that anything that portray's Ron Paul, his views or his history accurately is biased regardless of all evidence to the contrary. He's gotten his 21% in Iowa. Take what you can get.

I'd say technical difficulties. Paulites are indeed quick to hold up anything as evidence of some vast conspiracy against Dr Paul, but it's usualy nothing.

If they didn't want to show him they could have cut it out entirely. Does CNN have a history of intentionaly screwing over Ron Paul? Not that I'm aware of, I know Paul has called foul a time or several but they haven't held up, if I recall correctly.

I support Ron Paul but I think it was probably technical difficulties (awkward given what the first two guys said). That being said I would not be overly surprised if it was on purpose. After all media censorship is not a new concept in the US and Ron Paul has been given the short end of the stick in terms of media coverage but as I said more likely than not CNN screwed up.

No big deal no matter whether it was intentional. Ron Paul can always drum up some extra coverage in compensation on media run by his old white supremacist and race-baiting buddies.

Ok funny story I get to share now and yes this is entirely true. During the 2008 election CNN hosted 2 youtube debates, one for the Republicans one for the Democrats. In the debates people could submit questions on youtube and CNN would pick a few and play the videos at the debate for the candidates who would answer questions from the people rather than from moderators. I was active on youtube back then and was involved in a debate with Ron Paul fans over the CFR and the NAU. They were convinced that there was some plot to merge the United States with Canada and Mexico and I wanted to see if Ron Paul even believed that himself. I sent the youtube video in not expecting it to get picked up but then when I watched the debate I was surprised to see my question was picked (Ron Paul kind of dodged it).

Now here comes the funny part, when I got back upstairs to check my youtube video, I found a bunch of comments about how CNN was censoring Ron Paul and how they were part of the conspiracy. Come to find out they were up in arms since CNN had made a playlist on youtube where they have the video question and then a video of the candidate answering it but my question was not included in the playlist. Censorship? Nah, CNN had sent me an email just as the debate started congratulating me on getting picked and asking for permission to add my video to their playlist. I was downstairs watching the debate at the time so obviously I didnt see it until afterwards. I clicked yes and my video was added.

So in short, Ron Paul fans are paranoid in my experience. Just saying.

Technical difficulties I guess, but I wouldnt be too surprised if CNN did indeed pull the plug. Does it really matter though? We all know what scumbags CNN are.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
We all know what scumbags CNN are.

Do we?

To avoid that going over your head and being misunderstood: This is my way of asking for an explanation.

They have done it before.

CNN are just as bad as FOX News. Sadly, people are just figuring this out now.

Hop-along Nussbaum:

well if you want straight news you watch cnn international or cspan. if your a right wing nut job you watch fox, left wing nut job you watch msnbc. if you wanna watch non news done in an entertaining format you watch CNN.

Hop-along Nussbaum:

CNN distorts the turth. Fox outright lies. Big difference.

Hatchet90:
Also, what are your opinions on Ron Paul 2012?

I predict Ron Paul worshippers will see conspiracies in every setback or circumstances surrounding their prophet in 2012.

I also predict he will continue to throw silly, uneducated and unethical plans into the media, and receive far more media attention than he should.

I also predict this will not just be Ron Paul 2011 and Ron Paul 2012, but continue untill Ron Paul RIP.

Well, the news host used to work for the Israel lobby. And the signal was fine until the soldier started saying that Israel doesn't need US help. It looks a bit fishy.

Seekster:
Now here comes the funny part, when I got back upstairs to check my youtube video, I found a bunch of comments about how CNN was censoring Ron Paul and how they were part of the conspiracy. Come to find out they were up in arms since CNN had made a playlist on youtube where they have the video question and then a video of the candidate answering it but my question was not included in the playlist. Censorship? Nah, CNN had sent me an email just as the debate started congratulating me on getting picked and asking for permission to add my video to their playlist. I was downstairs watching the debate at the time so obviously I didnt see it until afterwards. I clicked yes and my video was added.

LOL. Awesome story.

It's probably nothing, just Paulites reading a massive conspiracy where none exists.

This isn't something just Paulites are guilty of. I think it's almost to be expected whenever you get a community of people who are strongly devoted to something that is not popular with the majority. You get people who just assume their choice is unpopular because the majority isn't as smart as they are, you get people who just assume their choice is unpopular because the majority have been brainwashed, and you get people who just assume their choice is unpopular because there is a massive conspiracy to keep people knowing about it. The fact that the general public might not like their choice never enters into it, because to recognize that possibility you'd have to be able to recognize that your choice has faults.

Maybe they were trying to help the guy. That soldier's actions are against the UCMJ. He could be thrown in jail for it. Cutting him off? Might have been the best thing for him.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked