Is this a revolt? No, Sire, it is a revolution

"Est-ce une révolte? Non, Sire, c'est une révolution."

The famous words history gave us, real or romanticized they initiate the french Revolution where in short, a trodden on population is asked to bail out the Biggest Nation in the world as a result of their great follies in the Seven Years war with my Country of Birth, and then aiding in the Thirteen Colonies Liberating themselves from my countries "Imperial grasp". However... France lost its Colonial possessions in America. Also commercially Great Britain was taking over and therefore decreased revenue for France.

Now the country was in a financial crisis and needed increased revenue lest they be beaten by having no money to fund their wars and their life style. However did they solve this problem?:

"So Taxation it is then! An increase in Tax for everyone in the land. But of course, not the Clergy as we do not tax God's work. Nor do we tax the Nobility... as the Clergy tells us that the Nobility has a God given right to be where they are. Therefore we shall enact a country-wide Tax. With minimal but obviously necessary exceptions".

So. Everyone must pay THIS TAX. But we will make some people (who tend to be the richest) tax exempt. In effect lower rates of tax... for the rich.

But everyone else goes through hard times. The harvest is bad, food prices rise.

The result... the Guillotine. Then Napoleon spots an opportunity.
While france remains a significant Global power, there is no fooling anyone they are the main player as Britain has taken the number 1 spot.

--------------------------------------------

Long live the United States of America.

The famous words history gave us, real or romanticized they initiate the American Revolution where in short, a trodden on population is asked to bail out the Biggest Nation in the world as a result of their great follies in the Middle East with countries rich in Oil, and then aiding in Iran Liberating itself from the grasp of Religious driven Dictatorship. However... America lost its interaction Currency domination which then resulted in the loss of its financial Empire due to the fact all countries once used only the USD to buy oil. The Embargo on Iran resulted in countries not involved increasing the volume of oil they bought, and they bought it in their own currency. Also economically China was taking over and therefore decreased revenue for the United States from dwindling exports, and it relied more on international Entertainment and intellectual Property rights (This is why SOPA was thought up).

Now the country was in a financial crisis and needed increased revenue lest their Credit rating decreases further. This of course risking having no money to fund their wars and their free market life style. However did they solve this problem?:

I don't know...
I don't know if they will or how they'll do it.

However I would just like this moment to say... how they fuck has the human race managed to run round in circles... again.......................?

---------------------------------------

Do I hope America recovers? YES!
I know my countries place in the world.

The UK is the USA's bitch. They do well, we do well. They go down the shitter... hey India, do you want us as a colony instead? :s

So the French anecdote was for.....?

Couldn't quite place what you said, but it certainly sounded revolution-y!

Actually, losing its status as commodity currency might actually help the USA by depreciating the Dollar. If it wasn't in such constant demand that may well have happened by now.

Legiondude:
So the French anecdote was for.....?

He is intending to compare the lead up of the French Revolution to the current situation in the United States. An interesting comparison, but one that I do not feel is quite fair. For starters there is the simple fact that the French government was completely fucked financially in a way the US is not even close to approaching.

Well, the time of revolutions are long over in the civilized world, both for conditions not being nearly as desperate as they were just a century ago, and also because of the vast advancements made in crowd control weaponry and tactics.

The Americans have had full democratic control all the way that lead into the current scenario, so even if oligarchic corporatism has by now become unstoppable, they have nothing but themselves to blame anyway.

God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

-Thomas Jefferson

On or about December 1910, human character changed. I am not saying that one went out, as one might into a garden, and there saw that a rose had flowered, or that a hen had laid an egg. The change was not sudden and definite like that. But a change there was, nevertheless; and, since one must be arbitrary, let us date it about the year 1910.

-Virginia Woolf

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

-William Yeats

I don't think there is going to be a real revolution. People won't even vote for Ron Paul :P And, what Imperator says.

More like, is this a revolt? No sire, it's malcontents on the ultra-right and in the centre being angry that we now have to pay the bills of 40-50 years of neglect.

Danyal:
I don't think there is going to be a real revolution. People won't even vote for Ron Paul :P And, what Imperator says.

There is one thing Historians can't do. Predict the future. Merely sense when something is going to happen... and something will happen.

Evolve... or die.

The United States may change itself either the people or the government driving change... or China takes the worlds number 1 spot... or something else.

(http://steamcommunity.com/id/Comando96/stats/NapoleonTotalWar) :)

Imperator_DK:
Well, the time of revolutions are long over in the civilized world, both for conditions not being nearly as desperate as they were just a century ago, and also because of the vast advancements made in crowd control weaponry and tactics.

I agree with conditions but do not underestimate the power of people. Egypt is funded by the USA and Cameron went over to Egypt... to sell them our riot gear. Its one to keep an eye on. If Egypt actually "falls" with its military regieme then its still highly feasable that similar things could happen in the USA... or over Europe. I say similar in the action and not as in the result.

Imperator_DK:
The Americans have had full democratic control all the way that lead into the current scenario, so even if oligarchic corporatism has by now become unstoppable, they have nothing but themselves to blame anyway.

Democratically allowed corruption.

Yes their actions have lead to this very moment and they desurve what they get, however in the spirit of Evolve or Die... what will be it be that they get? Thats the question.

Imperator_DK:
The Americans have had full democratic control all the way that lead into the current scenario...

HA!

How did you come to this conclusion?

Hafrael:

Imperator_DK:
The Americans have had full democratic control all the way that lead into the current scenario...

HA!

How did you come to this conclusion?

...by being pretty sure that any adult citizen can register to both vote and run for public office? And that said votes eventually determine who gets to take office, rather than who can field the most AK-47s.

If they then can't be bothered to vote or participate in the political process, to properly examine each candidate, and to look for the candidates that aren't right in front of them due to having 10,000,000 $ ad campaigns, that's their own fault entirely.

If every last one of them were mentally motivated of making full use of the rights given to them, then they could easily fix the situation (and wouldn't have landed themselves in it in the first place). But it seems that the people isn't - and for the longest time haven't been - as mentally motivated as it could've been in regard to active participation in the political process, and hence it has the politicians it deserve.

Comando96:
I agree with conditions but do not underestimate the power of people. Egypt is funded by the USA and Cameron went over to Egypt... to sell them our riot gear. Its one to keep an eye on. If Egypt actually "falls" with its military regieme then its still highly feasable that similar things could happen in the USA... or over Europe. I say similar in the action and not as in the result.

The military is still pulling most of the strings despite the palette sweep though.

And pressure from the international society will do its part to curtail the suppression options available to it. A pressure that would ultimately not rest on the US in such scenario, since its government would have democratic legitimacy, and nobody has the military power to intervene in its internal affairs anyway.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked