Santorum: Satan is destroying America

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/santorum-satan-systematically-destroying-america

This is not a political war at all. This is not a cultural war. This is a spiritual war. And the Father of Lies has his sights on what you would think the Father of Lies would have his sights on: a good, decent, powerful, influential country - the United States of America. If you were Satan, who would you attack in this day and age. There is no one else to go after other than the United States and that has been the case now for almost two hundred years, once America's preeminence was sown by our great Founding Fathers.

He didn't have much success in the early days.

...Apparently, Ol' Rick has never heard of 'slavery', or else thinks it's PERFECTLY OKAY. :(

The place where he was, in my mind, the most successful and first successful was in academia.

So, he thinks higher education is Satanic? Explains a lot.

And so what we saw this domino effect, once the colleges fell and those who were being education in our institutions, the next was the church. Now you'd say, 'wait, the Catholic Church'? No. We all know that this country was founded on a Judeo-Christian ethic but the Judeo-Christian ethic was a Protestant Judeo-Christian ethic, sure the Catholics had some influence, but this was a Protestant country and the Protestant ethic, mainstream, mainline Protestantism, and of course we look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it.

So, apparently, Protestants aren't Real Christians. Well, Santorum _is_ Catholic...

Well, I feel PERFECTLY secure knowing that this guy could be our next President. I wonder if the Evangelicals are having second thoughts about having endorsed him?

Sigh. I didn't think I'd be nostalgic for the Good Old Days of Republicans JUST thinking all us Liberals were brainwashed, America-Hating dupes of the USSR, but apparently now we're all pawns of Ultimate Evil.

I was kind of hoping this would be another believable spoof like the whole Metal thing, but of course its real. This only backs me up on this guy being fucking nuts. I don't have an issue with politicians talking a little about religion, but this is just way to much.

And the rest of the world looks on at America and goes....don't vote this idiot in. Please. Bush was bad enough, but this guy....oh this guy would be worse in every way possible.

Seriously, separation of church and state Americans. Learn your own constitution and bloody enforce it.

The American way, baby!

Well, at least he finally became self aware of what his attempt to become presiden...

Oh wait he's not talking about himself? Just being the usual crazy religious fanatic, the likes of which you'd normally only find in positions of power in Iran or Saudi Arabia?

Well, hardly much news value in the guy being a fanatical conservative christian. Nor in that those suck.

..This guy is really going for the farthest fringes realistically possible on the Social/Neo-Conservative side of things, isn't he? He almost beats out Pat Robinson in terms of Social/Neo-Conservatism, and that is out there.

He's like George W. Bush +10000 insanity points.

I have a friend who wants this idiot to win the republican nomination. Why? So then Obama will be guarenteed to win. It just scares me that there's people who vote for Rick in the hopes that he'll be president.

im actually scratching my head trying to work out who is crazier the leader of iran or this guy. hmm theocratic states of america anyone?

I'm sort of hoping that the entirety of his life has been an elaborate attempt to troll as many people as possible by saying the stupidest crap possible whilst running for president, and at the end of the race he's going to come out as a tolerant atheist liberal with a wicked sense of humour.

This is really stupid, but I can't say it surprises me.

I don't like Santorum but...

Bymidew:

...Apparently, Ol' Rick has never heard of 'slavery', or else thinks it's PERFECTLY OKAY. :(

He didn't say that, stop making shit up.

The place where he was, in my mind, the most successful and first successful was in academia.

He didn't say that, stop making shit up. In this case I can't believe you don't know what he is talking about, its not higher education he is talking about while AT A UNIVERSITY, he is talking about the fact Universities have become a hotbed for what he considers trouble makers/cultural change he doesn't like.

So, apparently, Protestants aren't Real Christians. Well, Santorum _is_ Catholic...

He didn't say that either. As a CATHOLIC addressing a CATHOLIC school he is pointing out that Protestants have deviated from the original church teachings, which of course they have, that's why they were "protestants", they split off to do different stuff.

Kendarik:

Bymidew:

He said Satan didn't have much sucess in the early days of the United States. The early days included slavery. So either Rick didn't know about slavery (dubious) or that it wasn't considered a sucess for the embodiment of all evil.

He didn't say that, stop making shit up. In this case I can't believe you don't know what he is talking about, its not higher education he is talking about while AT A UNIVERSITY, he is talking about the fact Universities have become a hotbed for what he considers trouble makers/cultural change he doesn't like.

Um, yes he did. He said that Satan is most sucessful in Academia. I'm going to guess that the university he was at leans to the right.

He didn't say that either. As a CATHOLIC addressing a CATHOLIC school he is pointing out that Protestants have deviated from the original church teachings, which of course they have, that's why they were "protestants", they split off to do different stuff.

He said that Protestants has gone from the world of Christianity. It's a textbook example of the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

Shaoken:
It's a textbook example of the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

No it isn't. "No true Scotsman" is rather specific:
1) Make a declaration about a group
2) Be informed of an example that counters your statement
3) Claim that the example doesn't apply to the group because it doesn't fit your preconception

OT: Yeah, yeah, saying that a Republican candidate is a crazily right-wing fundamentalist Christian is redundant.

If I was Satan I wouldn't go for the USA. There's just no reason to. It's not even like I'd be dragging down a hero if I did.

Naw, I'd go for the billions and billions and billions of people outside the USA who don't know who I am. Much easier.

Shaoken:

Kendarik:

Bymidew:

He said Satan didn't have much sucess in the early days of the United States. The early days included slavery. So either Rick didn't know about slavery (dubious) or that it wasn't considered a sucess for the embodiment of all evil.

He didn't say NO success. Thus he didn't say what you claimed.

Um, yes he did. He said that Satan is most sucessful in Academia. I'm going to guess that the university he was at leans to the right.

The University he was at was a Catholic University, which shows how well you read the article.

And maybe you need help with your high school level logic work.

Because population A includes population B does not mean population B is the same as population A.

Saying that Satan has had good luck at universities doesn't mean higher education is bad. The fact that he is AT a higher education place that he likes is proof of that. Higher education can be good and yet they still can be a breeding ground for some bad things.

He said that Protestants has gone from the world of Christianity. It's a textbook example of the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

No its not. He's not saying they aren't Christians, he's saying that they have diverted from the original church teachings, which they have.

Santorum, you stupid fucking fuck.

Kendarik:

Oh, yeah, he didn't have much success at all. The rampent abuse and torture of everyone who wasn't a rich white male was all Jesus's idea. And the Civil War, no way Satan would have liked that.

Danny Ocean:
If I was Satan I wouldn't go for the USA. There's just no reason to. It's not even like I'd be dragging down a hero if I did.

I'll just leave this here:

Strangely, when Santorum talks about how Satan has corrupted America, I don't think this is the part he's getting all upset about. Odd, that.

The Book of the SubGenius:
They've got Jesus and the devil all mixed up!

Kendarik:

He is, though, saying that thought in academia which he disagrees with is influenced by Satan. Also, he's not merely saying that mainline Protestants have deviated from original church teachings, but he's saying that they've done so to such a great degree (and under Satan's influence) as to be no longer part of the body of Christ. That *is* what he's saying. You're reading a lot of nuance into an argument that basically boils down to "shit I don't like" = "compromised by Satan". There is no pluralism under someone like this, there is only what he thinks is ideologically and theologically okay and that which is evil or unnatural. It's a thread running through many of his speeches. (Another example, the interview he gave regarding birth control, that it interferes with "the way it's supposed to be" which he defines as man + woman in marriage for the purpose of procreation, and defines that which is outside of that as "lack of responsibility". Santorum is all black-and-white thinking.

(Although really, keep digging, Rick, you're making this whole thing *so* much better for Obama. Keep it up, preferably keep it up well into spring and summer, ensuring that either you'll be the nominee and scare off every vaguely moderate man and every non-fanatic woman, or that you'll offer up a bloody, weakened Romney.)

Kendarik:

Shaoken:

Kendarik:

I didn't say he said "no success", which if you read my posts you would know. I'm calling into question the fact taht he said Satan had little sucess in the early days. The same early days that had institionalised slavery AND the idea of Manifest Destiny which resulted in many Native American cultures being wiped out. Two of America's darkest points in history.

Santorum thinks that in the same time peroid as the above, Satan had little sucess.

Historically, those two things were two of the worst things America has ever done.

Ergo, Santorum doesn't think that these two events were "sucesses" for the embodiment of evil compared to modern Day America.

The University he was at was a Catholic University, which shows how well you read the article.

And maybe you need help with your high school level logic work.

Because population A includes population B does not mean population B is the same as population A.

Saying that Satan has had good luck at universities doesn't mean higher education is bad. The fact that he is AT a higher education place that he likes is proof of that. Higher education can be good and yet they still can be a breeding ground for some bad things.

You seem to be missing the point.

Far-right Conservatives demonise higher learning and acadamia, labeling them as being what's wrong with America. Santorum is that type of conservative.

As for the Catholic University, they are typically right-leaning institutions. So that's pretty much irrelevant to his comments.

No its not. He's not saying they aren't Christians, he's saying that they have diverted from the original church teachings, which they have.

Except he and his church have also diverted from the original churches teachings, unless your saying that the last two Vatican Councils don't count as a change. Why would he say that modern day protestants have left the Christian World? He is flat out saying that mainline prodestants are no longer apart of the "Christian World." Not the Catholic world, the Christian one.

For someone who doesn't like Santorum, you're taking several leaps in logic to defend him.

Santorum Wins
We Riot

I thought my parents (two lesbians together for 13 years now, though I'm 25) would leave the country if Rick Perry was named president. My parents might leave if Santorum even gets the nomination. It just shows the far right are getting more and more delusional to even CONSIDER this nitwit.

I listen to people like Ron Paul and Mitt Romney and while I don't agree with most of what they say, I can kind of understand why people would vote for them and want them to be the nominee.

Then I listen to Santorum talk. Then I remember he's in the lead right now. I start to wonder if his supporters are hearing the same things I hear. I mean there gets to a point where "anyone but the current guy" has to have some qualifications beyond "Not the current guy".

It's important to remember that Santorum didn't have any momentum in the race for the Republican nomination until it was (very) firmly established through several candidates that there wasn't going to be a candidate that could bring together the Evangelicals and the actual Republicans and anyone that really, really wanted to vote on a guy's Christianity could only do so with this guy or Newt "morally outraged at the President for getting a blowjob while cheating on the wife that was originally the woman he was cheating on his first wife with" Gingrich.

Rkiver:
And the rest of the world looks on at America and goes....don't vote this idiot in. Please. Bush was bad enough, but this guy....oh this guy would be worse in every way possible.

Seriously, separation of church and state Americans. Learn your own constitution and bloody enforce it.

You think you're worried? I live with the crazy motherfuckers. It's like they want to repeat the worst parts of European history over again but here and now.

Santorum is a goddamned dingbat. I listened to a segment of some speech he gave in Michigan in Shelby Township, which is like 5 minutes down the road from me. He seems to think that the general health of the public improved only after we got rid of monarchs. You know, because monarchs and their damned government healthcare! These people don't live in reality. They live in a state of paranoid, pathetic outrage. They're fucking maniacs.

If Santorum wins the general election, Obama really, REALLY needs to push a bill in the last 3 months of his presidency that completely and unilaterally disarms the USA of nuclear weapons.

Stagnant:
If Santorum wins the general election, Obama really, REALLY needs to push a bill in the last 3 months of his presidency that completely and unilaterally disarms the USA of nuclear weapons.

Mate, if Santorum by some ultra-bizarre twist of fate ever becomes President, or looks to be like he will become President.. every other nation on Earth is most likely just going to tear themselves out of the ground, strap themselves with rockets, and fire themselves into the next galaxy just to avoid the inevitable new Crusades Santorum would make the U.S. Army head..

Stagnant:

Obama should just dissolve the military entirely. I don't know if he can do that, but fuck that would be a good idea. Santorum is NOT someone who should have control over an army.

Or he could mandate and institutionalize a temporary dictatorship until Santorum dies (of whatever means, be it old age or whatever). Totally worth it imo.

The more Frothy says the more he gives for you to compare him to Hitler. I mean sure, everyone gets compared to Hitler but Frothy is trying very hard to cover all the bases.

Women are second class citizens - check
Blames minorities for problems in the country - check
Suppress minorities - check
Ignore international treaties - check
Build massive military machine - check

Although to be fair to Frothy he does not agree with the successful mixed economy that the Nazis implemented nor does he agree with their approach on Health, Environmentalism and Social Welfare.

And with that I bring the thread to an early death.

pyrate:
The more Frothy says the more he gives for you to compare him to Hitler.

Has there ever been anyone to step up to the stage where Santorum is standing and tell him that he is just a (vulgar version of the verb "to make love") idiot?

pyrate:
The more Frothy says the more he gives for you to compare him to Hitler. I mean sure, everyone gets compared to Hitler but Frothy is trying very hard to cover all the bases.

Women are second class citizens - check
Blames minorities for problems in the country - check
Suppress minorities - check
Ignore international treaties - check
Build massive military machine - check

Although to be fair to Frothy he does not agree with the successful mixed economy that the Nazis implemented nor does he agree with their approach on Health, Environmentalism and Social Welfare.

And with that I bring the thread to an early death.

It's kind of ironic how the successful things that the Nazis did are ignored completely by those who emulate many of the worse aspects.

Stagnant:
It's kind of ironic how the successful things that the Nazis did are ignored completely by those who emulate many of the worse aspects.

Well, weren't the successes of Nazism built upon the worse aspects?

It's not that difficult to improve the lot of your citizenry if you are willing to exploit people who suddenly don't count, nor is it to build your economy up in the short term and hope you plunder enough to not have it crash.

You could argue that simply getting people keenly behind your ideology is going to be a big help to your country, though, which is mostly neutral.

Frankly, I don't understand how this man is still in the race. He makes Romney look good by comparison.

Bymidew:

And this has what, exactly, to do with anything at all that he said?

What is it with these forums? Every time a Republican is the topic of discussion, someone randomly jumps in and accuses them of supporting slavery.

satan curropting america? fuck i got competition

Vuljatar:

Bymidew:

What is it with these forums? Every time a Republican is the topic of discussion, someone randomly jumps in and accuses them of supporting slavery.

Santorum thinks that Satan didn't have such an easy time in the past. Implying that either he has little problem with slavery or didn't remember it when he said that.

thaluikhain:

Stagnant:

Well, weren't the successes of Nazism built upon the worse aspects?

It's not that difficult to improve the lot of your citizenry if you are willing to exploit people who suddenly don't count, nor is it to build your economy up in the short term and hope you plunder enough to not have it crash.

You could argue that simply getting people keenly behind your ideology is going to be a big help to your country, though, which is mostly neutral.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, there weren't that many true successes, and many of them were either accidents or failures or built on the fact that it was a brutal, racist dictatorship. But there always is this bizarre little hole in the comparisons: the republicans never mimic the more successful policies of the nazis. Pretty silly, when you really think about it, but still funny.

Stagnant:

Vuljatar:

Bymidew:

Santorum thinks that Satan didn't have such an easy time in the past. Implying that either he has little problem with slavery or didn't remember it when he said that.

Or maybe he just doesn't obsess over slavery all day long like many of the posters on here seem to?

Seriously, enough's enough. The man is giving anyone and everyone virtually limitless material to ridicule him on, putting words in his mouth is just silly and makes the OP look like a strawman.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked