#Occupy men's toilet

BEIJING-A Chinese student is hoping to become a heroine for women around the world by launching an occupy movement of her own - in the men's toilets.
Fed up with long queues for ladies', Li Tingting made headlines when she and 20 women marched into a men's public toilet in the southern city of Guangzhou carrying colorful placards calling for equal waiting times for both sexes.
Now, she plans to take her protest to the capital Beijing, where China's leaders will gather next month for the annual meeting of the country's rubber-stamp parliament.
"We want senior officials to pay attention to this issue," she told AFP. "It is a big issue for many women. During the protest in Guangzhou, we conducted random surveys and found that the majority of people supported us."
Local media reported after the protest that provincial officials in Guangzhou had responded by agreeing to increase the number of women's toilets by 50 percent - a pledge Li says should be taken nationwide.
The issue has sparked a debate on the Internet, although not everyone is impressed by the protest.
"The Americans occupy Wall Street, the Chinese occupy toilets. This is very different," posted one blogger under the name huashuo xian.
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/150969/chinas-occupy-toilet-protests-spread

We've still got high bonuses, high income inequality and an economic recession - but Chinese #Occupy has success.

Do you agree with those Chinese ladies?

You yourself already posted this.

Success? Have they got more toilets built?

And agree with what? That there should be more female public toilets in their region of the city of Guangzhou? How many forum goers have even visited their region of the city of Guangzhou recently?

We could do with an Occupy toilets in schools and workplaces until they become clean movement in the EU. Just saying.

im not sure what exactly is the problem. they complain becasue they have long ques to women toilets due to the fact that they stay in there for long? isnt that like complaining that you are doing something wrong and hoping others would fix it?

I would not want to go in a man's toilet.
When I was at college the ladies toilet was all nice and clean, one day I was waiting for a male friend outside the boy's room, when he came out I got a glimpse of the men's room.

It looked so depressing in there.

So...the Guangzhou city authorities need to provide more female toilet cubicles i guess? Sounds fairly reasonable to me.

Is this meant to be about feminism or something?

I think they are a bunch of fucking morons...
But eh, I don't have to deal with the window lickers so it aint my problem if they want to make a mockery of everything.

#occupy_theescapist, danyal has 1% of the population but 25% of the threads currently listed on page 1 of R&P.

OT: has it actually got anywhere? The article didn't state how long they'd been at it, or whether they've got tents/doctors in the men's toilets...that would be a sight.

Danyal:
-snip-

The last time my family was in a theme park, my dad noticed that about for every 1 man that entered the restroom, in that same length of time about 5 women would enter the women's restroom. And I think if you've ever been in a theme park, or an airport, or sporting event or any place with public restrooms and a lot of traffic you can easily see the discrepancy. The men's restroom will barely be full, and the women's restroom will be lined up out the door.

I think it would not only benefit the patrons of these places, but also the owners of the place in general to have a few more toilets in the women's restroom (note that does NOT mean fewer men's toilets, simply more for females). It would get women in and out faster, making them happier, and it would mean fewer bodies being crammed in one place which quickly gets less and less sanitary with each entering body. I mean really, I've been in crammed women's restrooms. In any other situation, it would be considered a fire hazard. I'm really surprised this hasn't been a thing up until now, though I can't say I'm surprised it came out of China, where cramming a lot of people into little spaces is practically the national sport.

Why do you always end up with multiple threads on the same topic?

As for what we think about it, since you have presented us with no actual facts on things like building codes, why the wait times are different, etc, there is no meaningful discussion possible.

So she's blaming the fact that female toilets have longer queues on gender inequality? So it's nothing to do with the fact that women just tend to take longer than men? Kay

Esotera:
#occupy_theescapist, danyal has 1% of the population but 25% of the threads currently listed on page 1 of R&P.

OT: has it actually got anywhere? The article didn't state how long they'd been at it, or whether they've got tents/doctors in the men's toilets...that would be a sight.

Genius fucking post. Fucking. Genius.

But really... if there are equal men's toilets to women's toilets, then what, exactly, is the problem? Women don't necessarily have biological problems that cause them to take significantly longer than men, nor to need to go significantly more often. It's behavioral, and as such entirely their own damn faults! Could men smear shit all over the walls, then demand a larger cleaning staff as a result?

Danyal:

BEIJING-A Chinese student is hoping to become a heroine for women around the world by launching an occupy movement of her own - in the men's toilets.
Fed up with long queues for ladies', Li Tingting made headlines when she and 20 women marched into a men's public toilet in the southern city of Guangzhou carrying colorful placards calling for equal waiting times for both sexes.
Now, she plans to take her protest to the capital Beijing, where China's leaders will gather next month for the annual meeting of the country's rubber-stamp parliament.
"We want senior officials to pay attention to this issue," she told AFP. "It is a big issue for many women. During the protest in Guangzhou, we conducted random surveys and found that the majority of people supported us."
Local media reported after the protest that provincial officials in Guangzhou had responded by agreeing to increase the number of women's toilets by 50 percent - a pledge Li says should be taken nationwide.
The issue has sparked a debate on the Internet, although not everyone is impressed by the protest.
"The Americans occupy Wall Street, the Chinese occupy toilets. This is very different," posted one blogger under the name huashuo xian.
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/150969/chinas-occupy-toilet-protests-spread

We've still got high bonuses, high income inequality and an economic recession - but Chinese #Occupy has success.

Do you agree with those Chinese ladies?

This. Is. Bullshit.

Stagnant:

But really... if there are equal men's toilets to women's toilets, then what, exactly, is the problem? Women don't necessarily have biological problems that cause them to take significantly longer than men, nor to need to go significantly more often. It's behavioral, and as such entirely their own damn faults! Could men smear shit all over the walls, then demand a larger cleaning staff as a result?

So women all over the world have suddenly developed a severe behavioral disorder that causes them to take more time at the toilets? This is all orchestrated by the same invisible monster that coordinated the patriarchies in 3000BC?

What is this?

-What takes longer, peeing in an urinal or peeing in a regular toilet?
-How many urinals fit in the space of one regular toilet?
-Which gender uses urinals?
-Why doesn't the other gender use urinals?

Hint: It has something to do with genitals. I can't post any picture of genitals here, but another hint; the genitals of one gender look more like this

than the genitals of the other gender.

And let's not forget....
-period. Men don't menstruate. (In general, evil_cat or something can probably find examples of menstruating men)
-clothing. Wearing tights, getting them back up without causing a ladder
-having to sit. Men can pee standing and do this most of the time, women have to sit and also have to make sure that the thing they're sitting on is clean.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
We could do with an Occupy toilets in schools and workplaces until they become clean movement in the EU. Just saying.

Guys in the US will join Europeans because our public bathrooms are disgusting.

Volf:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Really? From hearing people talk about it I always had the impression taking a shit while out and about is a viable option in the US. (Dont even ask where the hell I hear people talking about this stuff.) Over here you cant even take a piss. If you literally just stand in the doorway to the bathroom and whip your cock out to piss on the floor, you will wake up the next morning with syphilis. THATS how damn dirty they are.

(I know you cant get syphilis from public toilets by the way, in case anyone thinks im serious.)

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Volf:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Really? From hearing people talk about it I always had the impression taking a shit while out and about is a viable option in the US. (Dont even ask where the hell I hear people talking about this stuff.) Over here you cant even take a piss. If you literally just stand in the doorway to the bathroom and whip your cock out to piss on the floor, you will wake up the next morning with syphilis. THATS how damn dirty they are.

(I know you cant get syphilis from public toilets by the way, in case anyone thinks im serious.)

It depends, because from what I hear, here in the US girls bathrooms are very clean, but men's bathrooms.....not so much. On the other hand, the bathroom stalls have lovely graffiti to read while your in there, lol.

I think there are two things to take away from this:

1. From experience, I find that the US and China approach political problems differently. The US talks about it non stop for several weeks, and then for 90% of the time does nothing constructive about it. China doesn't talk much but does something about, which for about 10% of the time, turns out to be actually help solve the problem. So this, I think, is a reflection of that.

2. The Chinese really know how to do civil wars. They've had a shitload more practice at it than anyone else. So when shit hits the fan in China there's really only two solutions; do something about it or get ready to roll out the tanks. They don't have the third option that democratic nations have; make it an election issue and it'll most likely go away once the next winner has been in office for more than 6 months.

And on a side note, seeing how there's a real shortage of ladies in China, I think the leaders are smart to put some emphasis on keeping them happy. Hey, if the ladies want a few million more toilets, then just give it to them. They'll give back next Valentines day.

Empowerment of women! Whoot!

Volf:
It depends, because from what I hear, here in the US girls bathrooms are very clean, but men's bathrooms.....not so much. On the other hand, the bathroom stalls have lovely graffiti to read while your in there, lol.

I personally think the world should start importing entire public washrooms from Japan. Just came back from there, and I have to say that the Japanese really know how to build Gundams and public washrooms. I mean, they've got one of those handles that are usually only in the handicapped stalls for every toilet, they've always got seat covers (and they also have clear instructions on how to use it), they never run out of toilet paper, and they've even got those awesome butt-washing toilets (and they have instructions for these too). We should commission Japanese firms to to make entire washrooms and just ship them over here for installation. Then hire a bunch of Japanese people for shitload of money to do maintenance. Actually, they've probably got robots doing that. So we can just buy some robots off them.

Pingieking:

Volf:

I personally think the world should start importing entire public washrooms from Japan. Just came back from there, and I have to say that the Japanese really know how to build Gundams and public washrooms. I mean, they've got one of those handles that are usually only in the handicapped stalls for every toilet, they've always got seat covers (and they also have clear instructions on how to use it), they never run out of toilet paper, and they've even got those awesome butt-washing toilets (and they have instructions for these too). We should commission Japanese firms to to make entire washrooms and just ship them over here for installation. Then hire a bunch of Japanese people for shitload of money to do maintenance. Actually, they've probably got robots doing that. So we can just buy some robots off them.

eh, I think culture plays a role too. Japan is more conscious about being clean than most Europeans/Americans (imo)

Volf:
eh, I think culture plays a role too. Japan is more conscious about being clean than most Europeans/Americans (imo)

I know. But just a design standpoint, the Japanese washrooms are awesome.
Oh, and they also don't have the urinals that are terrible for their splash back. Some North American company (I think it's called like American standard or something, they're in Canada too) makes these urinals that are perfectly shaped for directing a person's urine back at them. What the fuck is up with that? This isn't rocket science, it's simple hydrodynamics! It doesn't take that much brains to design a urinal that doesn't splash back at the user. Fucking get on it, people. Hell, steal the Japanese designs if you have to!

Maybe if women didn't take so damn long in the bathroom the lines wouldn't be so long.

I can only see her statement that she wish to become a heroine for women around the world on such basis as a weak attempt at toilet humour.

I can only see one fair answer. Build restrooms EXACTLY identical. Urinals and all. If the women want to make the most of their facilities, they can bring a funnel.

Fatboy_41:
I can only see one fair answer. Build restrooms EXACTLY identical. Urinals and all. If the women want to make the most of their facilities, they can bring a funnel.

Seriously WTF?!

Men and women are different. Men lack menstruation. Women lack a penis. We use the toilet differently, we have different needs, different wants. So; different restrooms. Why should we enforce equality when we're clearly not equal?

I can see where they're coming from, though trying to decide whether or not it would be 'fair' or 'unfair' is what I'm having trouble with. Either way, I think doubling the capacity of women's toilets would probably have more implications than what you'd think right off the bat; if it was suddenly deemed necessary to retroactively upgrade all women's toilets to the correct size. Not that that would ever happen, though. In my opinion (which could very well be unjustified what with me being a man), it generally seems that the same capacity works fine in all but the busiest of situations. That's not to say that I think it's a bad idea, it just seems like a bit of a hassle for not a lot of gain.

Danyal:

Fatboy_41:

Seriously WTF?!

Men and women are different. Men lack menstruation. Women lack a penis. We use the toilet differently, we have different needs, different wants. So; different restrooms. Why should we enforce equality when we're clearly not equal?

www.shewee.com

There we go, problem solved.

But honestly, I think you need to work on your sense of humour.

Fatboy_41:

But honestly, I think you need to work on your sense of humour.

Humour does not compute. It must be purged. ;D

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked