Does anyone else think Rick Santorem is nuts?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Zekksta:

Seekster:

*rolls eyes* I really hope you don't subscribe to the idiotic notion that people who aren't fans of homosexuality are that way because they are secretly gay.

Of course not Seekster, I'm sure Rastelin is perfectly ready to accept some people are just bigots for the hell of it.

Between types like Al Sharpton and even crazier loons like Louis Farrakhan that is actually not too far-fetched.

Blablahb:

Seekster:
Wow, there is broad generalization and then there is what you just did.

So show me a few thousand homophobes who strongly disapprove of passing judgement, theocratic homophobic laws and discrimination, to show that my idea is indeed a generalisation.

All republican candidates are raging homophobes in varying decrees of crazyness.

Sort of like how all Catholic Priest are Pedos and all Muslims are terrorists and all Democrats hate the US military? Are you REALLY going to try and go on making blanket generalizations because I have more I can make too?

Blablahb:

All republican candidates are raging homophobes in varying decrees of crazyness.

All republican candidates in every election? Or do you mean just for the presidency? Because I already gave you a link to the log cabin republicans and a list of those who support the cause of LGBT rights.

Blablahb:

Seekster:
Wow, there is broad generalization and then there is what you just did.

So show me a few thousand homophobes who strongly disapprove of passing judgement, theocratic homophobic laws and discrimination, to show that my idea is indeed a generalisation.

i wouldnt say romney is a homophobe, he opposes gay marriage but he hasn't vilified them or actively discriminated against them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Mitt_Romney#LGBT_issues

Put it this way, if Santorum were to become President, I would write to my MP expressing concerns at our governments close relationship with a religious fanatic leader of a rogue nuclear armed state with a highly aggresive foreign policy that actively represses the rights of minority groups such as homosexuals.

After all, I thought it was UK foreign policy to impose sanctions and cut relations on states lead by such dangerous men.

Rage19:
Put it this way, if Santorum were to become President, I would write to my MP expressing concerns at our governments close relationship with a religious fanatic leader of a rogue nuclear armed state with a highly aggresive foreign policy that actively represses the rights of minority groups such as homosexuals.

After all, I thought it was UK foreign policy to impose sanctions and cut relations on states lead by such dangerous men.

yeah but no matter how much the UK pretends to hate America they'll still keep us along, no matter which nutter we elect. cause we have money and still have a lot of power.

Seekster:
*rolls eyes* I really hope you don't subscribe to the idiotic notion that people who aren't fans of homosexuality are that way because they are secretly gay. Sure it happens but if you are going to suggest thats the norm then I have a funny fallacy I can employ involving atheists and guilt.

No, I am just showing that some American top anti-gay political figures and moral leaders with "strong Christian values" are lying sons of bitches.

keiskay:
yeah but no matter how much the UK pretends to hate America they'll still keep us along, no matter which nutter we elect. cause we have money and still have a lot of power.

That's an error in thinking. US relations with other countries already suffered a lot from the Bush regime. Santorum would do that again, and a lot worse.

Most states run by crazy religious fundamentalists fail to maintain relations with other countries. Besides, the US economy is failing on a structural level. It's only going to get worse over the years, while other countries gain in importance hand over fist.

Obama did a lot to repair the damage done under Bush, but nothing can quite undo it. Another four years of insulting the world under Santorum would be the death of the US as a prominent country. Four years Obama in contrast would probably cement the image of 'well, they have someone arrogant and crazy for eight years, but that was probably just an incident. This guy's administration at least shows decency and knows how things are done".

Blablahb:

keiskay:

That's an error in thinking. US relations with other countries already suffered a lot from the Bush regime. Santorum would do that again, and a lot worse.

Most states run by crazy religious fundamentalists fail to maintain relations with other countries. Besides, the US economy is failing on a structural level. It's only going to get worse over the years, while other countries gain in importance hand over fist.

Obama did a lot to repair the damage done under Bush, but nothing can quite undo it. Another four years of insulting the world under Santorum would be the death of the US as a prominent country. Four years Obama in contrast would probably cement the image of 'well, they have someone arrogant and crazy for eight years, but that was probably just an incident. This guy's administration at least shows decency and knows how things are done".

nope just cause thats your personal view doesn't actually make it true. besides santorum has no chance in winning anyways.

Seekster:
Hmm xpowderz is back...can't wait to see him and Bym "debate".

Indeed; I'm stayin' RIGHT THE FUCK OUT OF THAT ONE.

Well, okay, not completely.

xpowderx:
Imagine a President who is vitriolically racist, sexist and classist! Ohh wait, hes already here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BdjoHA5ocwU#!

And the sad part is you have these non african americans supporting this guy still.. How naive can they actually be! Could only imagine if GW would have said in one of his campaigns.. Today I am starting the Whites for Bush campaign. Even better imagine Ron Paul doing such!

When it comes to racism and class warfare, one only has to look at who our president is to realize where it starts!

Just in case you missed the first link, here it is again! Undeniable "proof" that our president is quite the racist! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BdjoHA5ocwU#!

L. M. A. O. It's like a circus train crashing into a custard pie factory: it's horrific, but somehow I can't stop watching or laughing. There's so much wrong here, I don't even know where to begin... And it's xpowderx, so I know it doesn't matter anyways. ^_^

Stagnant:

Seekster:
Hmm xpowderz is back...can't wait to see him and Bym "debate".

Indeed; I'm stayin' RIGHT THE FUCK OUT OF THAT ONE.

I don't know I already have Bym on ignore (the first and only person I have ever done that to btw) and I worry that if Bym and Powder ever go at it one or both of them is going to get banned.

The one thing really going for Santorum (apart from not being named Romney) in the Republican primaries is, that he is authentic.
It is also the one thing is going to really kill him in the general election if he gets the nomination.

Sex for pleasure is wrong.
Dutch kill their elderly to save money.
Getting raped and ending pregnant is a gift from god.
Separation of Church and State makes him throw up.

The guy is insane, stupid, and repugnant, he is also honest, and has won more primaries that Romney, the so called "front runner", and if not for Ginrich campaign not being funded by a billionaire, (seemingly with the strings "do not attack romney"), Santorum would probably be doing even better.

Rage19:

Are you still getting a paycheck? According to what I have been reading in U.S headlines. The U.K government is now completely broke.

Santorums not all the bad. Just every liberal that exists despises the man :-D Which is ok in my book. When you have a group of liberals that represent only around 8% of the U.S population. But have that same group wanting to control 100% of our government. There is a problem!

Rick Santorum will fix that problem!

Ryan Brimfield:

xpowderx:

Rage19:

Are you still getting a paycheck? According to what I have been reading in U.S headlines. The U.K government is now completely broke.

Santorums not all the bad. Just every liberal that exists despises the man :-D Which is ok in my book. When you have a group of liberals that represent only around 8% of the U.S population. But have that same group wanting to control 100% of our government. There is a problem!

Dear xpowderx: Your statistic is here is completely inaccurate. All I have to do is open my American Government college text book and it shows the states who voted liberal or conservative in the last election. Its roughly half and half. Besides that how the fuck do you think Obama won the last election if only 8% of the population was liberal? Just go away now you are pants-on-head retarded.

Liberals are only part of democrats. Similar to tea partiers being part of the republican party. My statistic still stands. As there are conservative democrats, moderate democrats and others. I did not mention or say democrat in my statement. Please do not confuse the democrat party with liberalism. As they are two different animals.

My statement still stands!

xpowderx:

Rage19:

The UK is in economy is in much better shape than the US, perhaps if the conservatives would agree to end the Bush era tax cuts on the rich and gave those tax cuts to the poor instead, you know the people who actually need them, you might sort your economy out. Or perhaps if you cut some out of your bloated military budget that makes up nearly half the worlds military spending you might start getting somewhere.

Im not even gonna entertain your second paragraph, you watch too much Fox Smacktalk.... I mean News

Rick Santorum is a problem in himself, only in America can people like him be taken seriously as politicans, anywhere in Europe he would get no attention what so ever and certainly not be a part of any large poltical party, people like him have no place in poltics.

Hmm, is he crazy? No more so then most religious people we see from the US.

Is a hypocritical idiot who doesn't know his own constitution and would force his religious beliefs on others? Yes.

Would his election to POTUS likely damage relations with the US has with other countries? Definately.

Would his election actually fix anything? No.

Imagine a President who is vitriolically racist, sexist and classist! Ohh wait, hes already here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BdjoHA5ocwU#!

And the sad part is you have these non african americans supporting this guy still.. How naive can they actually be! Could only imagine if GW would have said in one of his campaigns.. Today I am starting the Whites for Bush campaign. Even better imagine Ron Paul doing such!

When it comes to racism and class warfare, one only has to look at who our president is to realize where it starts!

Just in case you missed the first link, here it is again! Undeniable "proof" that our president is quite the racist! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BdjoHA5ocwU#!

Were gonna start slow here. How is this racist? Do you know what racism is? Could you define it for me.

I feverishly wait for your response

OT- Santorum is what happens when Rovian Political philosophy is allowed to wander unchecked for a decade. Mitt Romney is actually not all that bad a candidate... or he was before this election cycle because he has had to ACT more and more conservative since the campaign really got going and he wants to win. But because of Rove's political embracement of extremism, the conservative party has to get nutjobs to make it through their primary cycles. According to the way the Republican party and Conservatives are now, Ronald Reagan would be TOO LIBERAL for them now. This is amazing since he somehow is their lord and savior and they await his second coming.

So now you have a guy who is a complete crazyperson running and WINNING for the highest office in the land. Thankfully the world is not the way that Rove imagined it to be and he would get trounced in the general election. So for that reason im voting for him in GA cause its an open primary and some men just want to watch the world burn.

xpowderx:

Ryan Brimfield:

xpowderx:

Dear xpowderx: Your statistic is here is completely inaccurate. All I have to do is open my American Government college text book and it shows the states who voted liberal or conservative in the last election. Its roughly half and half. Besides that how the fuck do you think Obama won the last election if only 8% of the population was liberal? Just go away now you are pants-on-head retarded.

Liberals are only part of democrats. Similar to tea partiers being part of the republican party. My statistic still stands. As there are conservative democrats, moderate democrats and others. I did not mention or say democrat in my statement. Please do not confuse the democrat party with liberalism. As they are two different animals.

My statement still stands!

I have the gallup article with the actual stats somewhere on my twitter page but yeah there are more moderates than liberals and more conservatives than moderates in the USA (self-described that is). Its closer to 15% than 8% though.

I think he's one hell of a crazy sob. But than again that's what i think of all leaders who want theocracies. Which is quite obvious with people like Santorum who's agenda is very christian.

Rage19:

The UK is in economy is in much better shape than the US, perhaps if the conservatives would agree to end the Bush era tax cuts on the rich and gave those tax cuts to the poor instead, you know the people who actually need them, you might sort your economy out. Or perhaps if you cut some out of your bloated military budget that makes up nearly half the worlds military spending you might start getting somewhere.

Well, not really, I'm no economist, but as far as I can tell the UK economy (I'm british btw) is doing about the same as the US one. Although I wouldn't be suprised if things were worse over there due to there being less social safety nets, but that's just speculation.

Anyway OT, he's not insane, but I find it laughable that the man can still be in with a chance (however slim) of being the US president. I won't get all hyperbolic and say he wants to kill gay people, that really is insane, he just wants to restict their rights a little, which is disgusting, especially since we're in the 21st century, but not evil or anything.

xpowderx:

Rage19:

Oh god, please stop, my sides are splitting. I don't know what headlines you've been reading, but if the U.K. is supposed to be completely broke, you need a... "better" news source.

xpowderx:
Today I am starting the Whites for Bush campaign. Even better imagine Ron Paul doing such!

Ron Paul, you mean that guy who in his lewsletters sticks up for and supports hardcore nazis who still believe the Jews are the cause of all evil in this world, and who himself thinks that and I quote "95% or all blacks" are criminals?

asacatman:
Well, not really, I'm no economist, but as far as I can tell the UK economy (I'm british btw) is doing about the same as the US one. Although I wouldn't be suprised if things were worse over there due to there being less social safety nets, but that's just speculation.

But the UK has a lot of social capital and has been preparing for the 'grey wave', the final phase of the demographic transition, when the babyboom generation has retired.

The US in comparison hasn't made such preparations, and has been eroding it's social capital in favour of tax cuts for the past 50 years. Several US states are de facto bankrupt right now, and several large pension providers are pretty much out of money, or will be bankrupting in the next 10-20 because the demand on their funds is sometimes several times what they have invested.

Basically the US appears to be doing well because more of their money is circulating in places that end up in the statistics, wheras a country like the UK has a lot more power hidden away. Having good roads for instance doesn't show up on any statistic, but it is important for economic development. When it comes to the structure behind the economy, the US is doing extremely badly.

Also they're facing a much bigger crisis due to resources being depleted, because for instance their urban planning is based on the premise of unlimited cheap fuel. People are literally praying to god for lower fuel prices already, at about € 0,72-0,80 per litre. Imagine what happens to all those sprawling suburbs far away from everything if that price were to double. People living there could be stranded and having to fall back on walking and bicycles for transportation.

Cities in the UK are much more compact (thus also the inflated housing prices in many regions) but as a consequence it is easier to maintain a level of services in them.

xpowderx:
Do you believe any of the arguments given on this forum would survive? My brother-inlaw would have to go into hiding. Not because he really did anything wrong. But sole off his lifestyle being against the morality of China. Follow me?

I do. Apparently you believe that the government has the right to decide what you can or can't do because morality and integrity are more important than your personal freedoms of being who you want to be without hurting anybody.

The government MUST fear the people, not the opposite. The government should not change our morals just because a single president. That would make him a tyrant.

And you know that we need tyrants' blood to water the tree of liberty.

Stagnant:
L. M. A. O. It's like a circus train crashing into a custard pie factory: it's horrific, but somehow I can't stop watching or laughing.

Deliciously tragic.

OT: He's completely bonkers, so are most of the Republican candidates there. The only one I'd vote for is Ron Paul, and even he i find annoying on some of his policies. Sanctorum probably won't get elected and in all honesty shouldn't.

I do not think he is crazy and I do think that he really believes this is best way to help America.. But I wouldn't want him to be the leader of my country.

xpowderx:
I tend to agree with Rick Santorum. He is a strong believer that the U.S is approaching the same deprived, and immoral state that ROME did so many centuries ago. The lack of morality and lack of culture destroyed Rome. The same applies now in the U.S. I can fully understand Rick Santorums view of this. As many great civilizations throughout history have followed that same direction. Only to be destroyed in the end.

Gonna go right ahead and guess you don't know a whole lot about Rome then. In short, Rome ended when it fractured into city states after the government was no longer able to maintain an empire of that size. The rise of Christianity did not help matters either (not so much the faith itself, but the religious conflicts it caused with the common beliefs of the day). You had these cities out in the fringes of the Empire, and many of them converted to Christianity since its message was more appealing to them, and with Rome all the way over in Italy and unable to keep trade and communication open with them, they seceded very quickly as Rome's religion was enforced by law . Romans were actually very tolerant of the things Mr. Santorum would label as 'immoral' (Romans did not even acknowledge homosexuality as being unusual, for instance) until the fall.

Also the word is 'depraved'.

Sorry, but I can't agree with Santorum. His policies are just so blatantly backwards. He has gone on record saying "Satan is destroying America". He wants to take away the rights of homosexuals and women on the grounds of "That's now how it should be". He wants to take away people's right to use contraception because like the stereotype of a Catholic he is he will do anything to avoid the fact that people do, in fact, have sex for no other reason than because it's fun. He wants to make schools teach Creationism as science, which is beyond stupid, even if you are creationist (it's not, and will never be science).

Also, I think his hair looks cheap. Just sayin'.

Everything that needs to be said about Ol' Frothy I've already said. He is the personification of a generation that realizes they're about to get phased out. More and more people believe in equality for gays and lesbians, and less and less people want to see Roe v. Wade tossed out. I expect to see a GOP candidate in 2012 be even more right-wing. Like Jerry Falwell, but with more violent tendencies.

NameIsRobertPaulson:
Everything that needs to be said about Ol' Frothy I've already said. He is the personification of a generation that realizes they're about to get phased out. More and more people believe in equality for gays and lesbians, and less and less people want to see Roe v. Wade tossed out. I expect to see a GOP candidate in 2012 be even more right-wing. Like Jerry Falwell, but with more violent tendencies.

You mean 2016?

I expect that to happen if either Romney ("We should never have nominated a moderate") or Santorum ("We should never have nominated a porkbarrel spender") gets the nomination. The hard right in the US will focus on one key aspect and claim that is the entire reason they lost. Then, they'll continue the 2012 campaign on steroids next time around. Even the guys who have been floated around as "saviors" this year aren't going to be stupid enough to stick their heads out in 2016 if this is the electorate. It'll probably be 2020 before the GOP completely flames out and the rational establishment regains control.

Seekster:

I have the gallup article with the actual stats somewhere on my twitter page but yeah there are more moderates than liberals and more conservatives than moderates in the USA (self-described that is). Its closer to 15% than 8% though.

Dude... you think YOU'RE a 'moderate'.

Bymidew:

Seekster:

Dude... you think YOU'RE a 'moderate'.

i have a quick question for you, what country are you from? cause by American standards seekster is moderate leaning very close to conservative.

The Gentleman:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

You mean 2016?

I expect that to happen if either Romney ("We should never have nominated a moderate") or Santorum ("We should never have nominated a porkbarrel spender") gets the nomination. The hard right in the US will focus on one key aspect and claim that is the entire reason they lost. Then, they'll continue the 2012 campaign on steroids next time around. Even the guys who have been floated around as "saviors" this year aren't going to be stupid enough to stick their heads out in 2016 if this is the electorate. It'll probably be 2020 before the GOP completely flames out and the rational establishment regains control.

Yes, I meant 2016. Keep getting my years mixed up. Doesn't feel like the 2010's to me.

Please, nobody thinks Rick Santorum is nuts...

They all fucking know Rick Santorum is nuts!

ReservoirAngel:
Please, nobody thinks Rick Santorum is nuts...

They all fucking know Rick Santorum is nuts!

And for about half the voters, that's considered a GOOD thing.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked