So, Trayvon Martin. (Updated 9/10: From the duh and oops departments)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 43 NEXT

Witty Name Here:

Lil devils x:

Guess you have not heard the saying " bigger they are the harder they fall"? It is not hard to get a fat man on his back, and when he goes down, he goes down hard. When an overweight man is on the ground he is pretty much helpless. They have to roll to one side to get up and even then it is a struggle. Overweight usually means out of shape.

They released the video of his arrest... He doesn't even look like he has a scratch on him.

Yes, the video is a bit blurry and there could be a scratch on him for all I know, yet that is nothing. Nothing like he claimed in the report. His nose wasn't broken as far as I can tell, yet that isn't the most important bit.

He doesn't look like a man who was beaten senselessly, his claim of "just walking by when Trayvon attacked him, through him to the ground, and beat him to a bloody pulp" is complete and utter BS, that wasn't a man who just had a near death encounter. That wasn't a man who was letting himself be beaten because he was hesitant to use his gun, there's not a scratch on him, or any visible patch of grass. He doesn't even look REMOTELY weak or wounded as he steps out from the car.

The_AC:
snip

The problem with his case is that he claims to be near completely innocent, that he was just "walking home" when Trayvon came out and tackled him, he then claims that his screaming for help could be heard over the second police call. The problem is, people who carry guns usually aren't helpless. He's claiming that he had a gun, and yet he let himself get beaten within an inch of his life, and his first thought was "I should scream for help" instead of "I have a gun on me, I'll shoot this guy or threaten to do it if he doesn't back off". The problem with his testimony isn't that he shot Trayvon, it's that he's claiming to be completely helpless and weak while there's evidence showing he followed Trayvon and seemed to think of himself as some Neighborhood Watchman/Vigilante.

Your argument is missing some details, but youre still right. His story (which has varied a bit) is that after calling the police and pursing Trayvon on his own (verified by the police tape) he walked back to his car where somehow trayvon either a) snuck up on him and punched him in the back of the head b) confronted him about being followed used and then struck Zimmerman as Zimmerman was reacing for his cell phone. I have heard different variations of both stories from police reports, and pro Zimmerman interviewers.

The problem with both is that they make no sense. How do you let a "suspicious" person sneak up on you when you have a gun. What earthly reason would trayvon have for turning back to the same man he had run from minutes ago (per Zimmermans statement on the phone)? How does this fight that was so one sided go from the street where zimmerman stopped his car to the walkway courtyard that has been described as a few hundred feet away? And how does this all correlate with the verified phone call that Martin was on at 7:12 less than 5 min before he was killed.

And again, worst of all is that the police did not charge him, did not investigate, and did not produce the body when all of this occured. So many issus with this situation, i really just want justice to be served or something to make it make sense the way it is now.

"Enhanced"? Someone's been watching too much CSI.

On topic though, one of the parties in conflict had a gun, and someone ended up getting shot? Big surprise. Someone had to play the neighborhood vigilante despite the law enforcement's direct order to not do so and things ended badly? Big surprise. I mean, usually the angels in blue tell you to do or not do something because they know better and all.

Seriously, things like this just want to make me go all Farnsworth, what are people trying to accomplish by acting that way?

feeqmatic:

Witty Name Here:

Lil devils x:

Guess you have not heard the saying " bigger they are the harder they fall"? It is not hard to get a fat man on his back, and when he goes down, he goes down hard. When an overweight man is on the ground he is pretty much helpless. They have to roll to one side to get up and even then it is a struggle. Overweight usually means out of shape.

They released the video of his arrest... He doesn't even look like he has a scratch on him.

Yes, the video is a bit blurry and there could be a scratch on him for all I know, yet that is nothing. Nothing like he claimed in the report. His nose wasn't broken as far as I can tell, yet that isn't the most important bit.

He doesn't look like a man who was beaten senselessly, his claim of "just walking by when Trayvon attacked him, through him to the ground, and beat him to a bloody pulp" is complete and utter BS, that wasn't a man who just had a near death encounter. That wasn't a man who was letting himself be beaten because he was hesitant to use his gun, there's not a scratch on him, or any visible patch of grass. He doesn't even look REMOTELY weak or wounded as he steps out from the car.

The_AC:
snip

The problem with his case is that he claims to be near completely innocent, that he was just "walking home" when Trayvon came out and tackled him, he then claims that his screaming for help could be heard over the second police call. The problem is, people who carry guns usually aren't helpless. He's claiming that he had a gun, and yet he let himself get beaten within an inch of his life, and his first thought was "I should scream for help" instead of "I have a gun on me, I'll shoot this guy or threaten to do it if he doesn't back off". The problem with his testimony isn't that he shot Trayvon, it's that he's claiming to be completely helpless and weak while there's evidence showing he followed Trayvon and seemed to think of himself as some Neighborhood Watchman/Vigilante.

Your argument is missing some details, but youre still right. His story (which has varied a bit) is that after calling the police and pursing Trayvon on his own (verified by the police tape) he walked back to his car where somehow trayvon either a) snuck up on him and punched him in the back of the head b) confronted him about being followed used and then struck Zimmerman as Zimmerman was reacing for his cell phone. I have heard different variations of both stories from police reports, and pro Zimmerman interviewers.

The problem with both is that they make no sense. How do you let a "suspicious" person sneak up on you when you have a gun. What earthly reason would trayvon have for turning back to the same man he had run from minutes ago (per Zimmermans statement on the phone)? How does this fight that was so one sided go from the street where zimmerman stopped his car to the walkway courtyard that has been described as a few hundred feet away? And how does this all correlate with the verified phone call that Martin was on at 7:12 less than 5 min before he was killed.

And again, worst of all is that the police did not charge him, did not investigate, and did not produce the body when all of this occured. So many issus with this situation, i really just want justice to be served or something to make it make sense the way it is now.

Worst of all is that the initial report does not match the evidence being presented. Which suggests foul play on the part of the police department.

Smagmuck_:

Witty Name Here:

I'm just going to leave this here...

yeah man you know that you cant actually enhance an image. especially one crappy like that. you can always make one look worse but you can never make it better. trust me man i took 3 years of photography, no amount of converting and re-converting or photo shopping will enhance the quality.

keiskay:

Smagmuck_:

Witty Name Here:

yeah man you know that you cant actually enhance an image. especially one crappy like that. you can always make one look worse but you can never make it better. trust me man i took 3 years of photography, no amount of converting and re-converting or photo shopping will enhance the quality.

so exactly what is this

feeqmatic:

keiskay:

Smagmuck_:

so exactly what is this

judging by the photo and how it looks, it seems that they distorted the contrast very heavily to make it seem as if the light reflecting off of his head was a wound. while it is true that he was cleaned up before hand he would still have insane bruising and heavy decoloration on his scalp due to the material they use to sterilize and anesthetize wounds before stitching. he also supposedly suffered a broken nose which should of bled onto his shirt, unless this guy doesn't bleed.

keiskay:
he also supposedly suffered a broken nose which should of bled onto his shirt, unless this guy doesn't bleed.

Not to mention if he shot Martin while he was on top of him as he would have you believe, Martin's blood should be on his shirt.

Either way, where's the blood?

keiskay:

feeqmatic:

keiskay:

so exactly what is this

judging by the photo and how it looks, it seems that they distorted the contrast very heavily to make it seem as if the light reflecting off of his head was a wound. while it is true that he was cleaned up before hand he would still have insane bruising and heavy decoloration on his scalp due to the material they use to sterilize and anesthetize wounds before stitching. he also supposedly suffered a broken nose which should of bled onto his shirt, unless this guy doesn't bleed.

Not to mention that is quite a large 'wound', it would require a lot of stitches and would bleed like a mofo. We have all seen head wounds on the sports field, they leave a lot of blood. Something the size shown in the pic is not something you get patched up on the side of the road.

It would be pretty easy to confirm for investigators anyway, there should still be a wound now.

evilneko:

keiskay:
he also supposedly suffered a broken nose which should of bled onto his shirt, unless this guy doesn't bleed.

Not to mention if he shot Martin while he was on top of him as he would have you believe, Martin's blood should be on his shirt.

Also, part of the evidence that Zimmerman was on his back was supposed grass stains on his shirt, yet Martin was allegedly slamming his head on the pavement. Which was it? Was he on grass or cement?

Vegosiux:
"Enhanced"? Someone's been watching too much CSI.

On topic though, one of the parties in conflict had a gun, and someone ended up getting shot? Big surprise. Someone had to play the neighborhood vigilante despite the law enforcement's direct order to not do so and things ended badly? Big surprise. I mean, usually the angels in blue tell you to do or not do something because they know better and all.

Seriously, things like this just want to make me go all Farnsworth, what are people trying to accomplish by acting that way?

Not to take the wind out of your sails, but dispatchers aren't law enforcement officers.

Tyler Perry:

evilneko:

keiskay:

Also, part of the evidence that Zimmerman was on his back was supposed grass stains on his shirt, yet Martin was allegedly slamming his head on the pavement. Which was it? Was he on grass or cement?

Couldn't it, in theory, be both? Sidewalks and all that.

At any rate, none of us are defense attorneys, none of us are prosecutors, and none of us have access to the full details of the case so arguing over whether or not he did, whether or not it was self-defense and who attacked who first is asinine.

StarCecil:

At any rate, none of us are defense attorneys, none of us are prosecutors, and none of us have access to the full details of the case so arguing over whether or not he did, whether or not it was self-defense and who attacked who first is asinine.

If I think a thread's asinine I generally don't post in it. Just sayin'.

evilneko:

StarCecil:

If I think a thread's asinine I generally don't post in it. Just sayin'.

They may well be the case, and a smart thing in general, but, again, none of us is a lawyer assigned to the case, or at all, so proving anything either way...

keiskay:

Just to throw this out there, what if his jacket was zipped up? Or what if he had a spare T-shirt in his truck and he gave his shirt to the LEOs for evidence. Also his head might have been slammed into the ground but just not that hard. Maybe enough for a scrape and some mild discoloration (that would likely not show up on that video). Look we do not really know anything other than that that was a video of Zimmerman taken 4? hours after the incident.

Also it seems like a weird lie to make. The thing about his injuries and this video that has not sat well with me is why would he lie in such a way that could not be proven or at least given him a reasonable doubt? I mean he could have said that Martin shoved him to the ground, his shirt road up, Martin saw, and Martin went for his gun. That would have been unprovable without a witness. Once again, for all I know he is a compulsive liar but it still seems odd to me.

farson135:

keiskay:

Just to throw this out there, what if his jacket was zipped up? Or what if he had a spare T-shirt in his truck and he gave his shirt to the LEOs for evidence. Also his head might have been slammed into the ground but just not that hard. Maybe enough for a scrape and some mild discoloration (that would likely not show up on that video). Look we do not really know anything other than that that was a video of Zimmerman taken 4? hours after the incident.

Also it seems like a weird lie to make. The thing about his injuries and this video that has not sat well with me is why would he lie in such a way that could not be proven or at least given him a reasonable doubt? I mean he could have said that Martin shoved him to the ground, his shirt road up, Martin saw, and Martin went for his gun. That would have been unprovable without a witness. Once again, for all I know he is a compulsive liar but it still seems odd to me.

Some corrections. According to reports this video is maybe 30 min after the incident. Also there are several reports that indicate that his injuries were not mentioned at all in the first police report and were only mentioned later and added to a second report. One of the most disquieting elements of this event is how it reaaaally brings up some ugly questions with the police dept and the justice system.

feeqmatic:

Some corrections. According to reports this video is maybe 30 min after the incident. Also there are several reports that indicate that his injuries were not mentioned at all in the first police report and were only mentioned later and added to a second report. One of the most disquieting elements of this event is how it reaaaally brings up some ugly questions with the police dept and the justice system.

I think that's probably one thing everyone can agree on. There's something really fishy going on with Sanford PD. Incompetence or corruption, I don't know which. Past incidents seem to point to corruption, but I think those may have occurred under a different chief. Maybe incompetence due to previous corruption.

feeqmatic:
Some corrections. According to reports this video is maybe 30 min after the incident.

Could you please post your source because the source I read says it was 4 hours later-http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Timeline-could-be-critical-in-Trayvon-Martin-case/d5W0hP_OeUC_jxIRGCkIGQ.cspx

Thirty minutes seems like a short amount of time to get there, treat Zimmerman, load him up, and get him back to the police station.

Also there are several reports that indicate that his injuries were not mentioned at all in the first police report and were only mentioned later and added to a second report.

If it was just the police then I would not have worried about it too much. However Zimmerman's statement say he was injured, his lawyer said he was injured, his father said he was injured, the EMTs would have a record of him being injured, there would be physical evidence of him being injured (both on his person but also on his clothing and crime scene), and he would have to prove all of this to a jury. He would not have had to of been injured for him to draw and fire legally (depending on the circumstances) so why lie?

As I said he might be lying but it seems like an odd lie to make.

One of the most disquieting elements of this event is how it reaaaally brings up some ugly questions with the police dept and the justice system.

No offense but if this is the first big injustice you have seen by the police you need to get out more. No offense to Martins family but I find these (below) far more troubling than a botched investigation (BTW both videos are from 2011).

and

And I could go on and on and on and on.

ABC News, who originally obtained the video, didn't cite a time when they originally released the video (see http://abcnews.go.com/WN/trayvon-martin-case-exclusive-surveillance-video-george-zimmerman/story?id=16022897 which I cited on the previous page)

Another ABC article more recently gave the time of "barely half an hour after the shooting." See http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-case-george-zimmermans-lawyers-comment-police/story?id=16033712

USA Today puts it at 35 minutes after the shooting.

Both the newer ABC article and the USA Today article show what appears to be a timestamp at the bottom of the video. The clock reads 19h52m at the beginning, which would be 7:52pm. This directly contradicts your source's claim of it being 4 hours later.

This CBS article includes the timestamp and is also dated 3/28, so the timestamp was always there.

evilneko:
Snip

Got it. It seems odd for there to be such a large discrepency between the two but I will take your sources.

farson135:

feeqmatic:
Some corrections. According to reports this video is maybe 30 min after the incident.

Could you please post your source because the source I read says it was 4 hours later-http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Timeline-could-be-critical-in-Trayvon-Martin-case/d5W0hP_OeUC_jxIRGCkIGQ.cspx

Thirty minutes seems like a short amount of time to get there, treat Zimmerman, load him up, and get him back to the police station.

You are making the assumption that he had to be treated. It would be a very short period of time if he really did have a massive gash on his head and a busted up nose.

pyrate:
You are making the assumption that he had to be treated. It would be a very short period of time if he really did have a massive gash on his head and a busted up nose.

It was reported that he was treated by the EMTs. The extent of the treatment was not reported.

Smagmuck_:

Oh, they "enhanced" it, huh?

How the hell is this guy not behind bars? How much more evidence do they need? Or, just how fucking crooked are these cops?

evilneko:
ABC News, who originally obtained the video, didn't cite a time when they originally released the video (see http://abcnews.go.com/WN/trayvon-martin-case-exclusive-surveillance-video-george-zimmerman/story?id=16022897 which I cited on the previous page)

Another ABC article more recently gave the time of "barely half an hour after the shooting." See http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-case-george-zimmermans-lawyers-comment-police/story?id=16033712

USA Today puts it at 35 minutes after the shooting.

Both the newer ABC article and the USA Today article show what appears to be a timestamp at the bottom of the video. The clock reads 19h52m at the beginning, which would be 7:52pm. This directly contradicts your source's claim of it being 4 hours later.

This CBS article includes the timestamp and is also dated 3/28, so the timestamp was always there.

so wait... wasn't it a big issue that the police supposedly never even arrested Zimmerman? not they have a video saying he was in custody a half hour after?
(sorry i got stuck walking by a rally in my campus and that what they were raging about)

OT: this story is changing every day. every where the media is spinning it differently. misrepresenting both Martin and Zimmerman using out dated photo from several years ago, calling a Hispanic man white to make it seem racial motivated... i'm just waiting till more concrete facts are available because as it stands now i can bet money that more "info" will be out in the news tomorrow that is either the "smoking gun" for one case or the same for the other.

dystopiaINC:

so wait... wasn't it a big issue that the police supposedly never even arrested Zimmerman? not they have a video saying he was in custody a half hour after?
(sorry i got stuck walking by a rally in my campus and that what they were raging about)

OT: this story is changing every day. every where the media is spinning it differently. misrepresenting both Martin and Zimmerman using out dated photo from several years ago, calling a Hispanic man white to make it seem racial motivated... i'm just waiting till more concrete facts are available because as it stands now i can bet money that more "info" will be out in the news tomorrow that is either the "smoking gun" for one case or the same for the other.

He wasn't arrested. He was taken to the station for "questioning" but never actually arrested. If anything is consistent about this case, it's that Sanford PD has handled it with utter incompetence, so people aren't just raging over nothing. SPD done screwed up, and it shows, painfully.

The racial issues (hey, you don't have to be white to be racist, and in fact the big three CNN/Fox/MSNBC never referred to Zimmerman as white at least while I was watching them) are just kind of a side show (and cable news outlets aren't even really talking about it anymore either, and haven't for days) to the big issues: Sanford PD's handling of the case and the Stand Your Ground law that Zimmerman's trying to use as a defense.

evilneko:

dystopiaINC:

He wasn't arrested. He was taken to the station for "questioning" but never actually arrested. If anything is consistent about this case, it's that Sanford PD has handled it with utter incompetence, so people aren't just raging over nothing. SPD done screwed up, and it shows, painfully.

The racial issues (hey, you don't have to be white to be racist, and in fact the big three CNN/Fox/MSNBC never referred to Zimmerman as white at least while I was watching them) are just kind of a side show (and cable news outlets aren't even really talking about it anymore either, and haven't for days) to the big issues: Sanford PD's handling of the case and the Stand Your Ground law that Zimmerman's trying to use as a defense.

to be honest i would prefer if they called it racial motivated by a Hispanic man. but in the news broadcasts i have seen they did call him white. which bothers me because he is't. I firmly believe that racism can be exhibited by any race. and i wish the news would report it like that. but it seems it would have less "impact" if they didn't call him white. that annoys me.

I also kind of gets on me because the local news has been going on about a police brutality case where the cop involved was just convicted. http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/03/former_springfield_police_offi_4.html
and honestly i'm tired of the whole debate. same thing with the ME3 shit storm. i'm not even fore or against either side here just sick of it all.

I'm just going to get this out there...

They probably won't arrest Zimmerman, and here's why. Due to both the Media and the (majority) of the black community blowing this so far out of proportion, that almost everyone in America (Hell, every country with a decent Internet connection and a non-oppressive government) knows about it. So the courts are going to be hard pressed to find an unbiased group to act as the jury. And even if they did successfully arrest him, he will probably be acquitted (even if the enhanced photo is faked, you can still see the cleaned and patched gash on the back of his head in the original). And after seeing this case plastered ALL over the place, at school, facebook, here, 4Chan, I'm getting sick of it.

All I'm going to do is prepare for the impending riots if the pro-Trayvon doesn't have their way. (Not like that's going to help, they've already looted a walgreens.)

TL;DR, I don't give a fuck anymore, I'm just preparing for a possible racially motivated shit storm to begin...

To everybody complaining that they didn't arrest him, here is a pretty good breakdown on why they wouldn't have.

http://crayfisher.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/a-different-look-at-the-trayvon-martin-case/

The cops regularly do not arrest until they think they have enough to prosecute. It took over a year to arrest Laci Peterson's husband, yet they were damned sure he did it almost immediately after being informed she was missing.

ravenshrike:
To everybody complaining that they didn't arrest him, here is a pretty good breakdown on why they wouldn't have.

http://crayfisher.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/a-different-look-at-the-trayvon-martin-case/

The cops regularly do not arrest until they think they have enough to prosecute. It took over a year to arrest Laci Peterson's husband, yet they were damned sure he did it almost immediately after being informed she was missing.

Everyone needs to calm the fuck down about the police. They DID want to arrest and charge him, they listed the case as Homicide/Negligent Manslaughter in the incident reports. However, the Attorney General's Office denied their request for an arrest warrant. The guys on the ground, they wanted to arrest him, it is the higher ups that have been fucking around with the case.

pyrate:

ravenshrike:

Everyone needs to calm the fuck down about the police. They DID want to arrest and charge him, they listed the case as Homicide/Negligent Manslaughter in the incident reports. However, the Attorney General's Office denied their request for an arrest warrant. The guys on the ground, they wanted to arrest him, it is the higher ups that have been fucking around with the case.

Yes, because the prosecutor took one look at the current evidence and said get me more. Which is explained in the link. It's quite commonplace in murders. Which is why he wasn't arrested. At this point given all the hubbub and interjections by people who should have kept the fuck out of it, the jury will almost certainly end up hung because there's not a chance in hell of finding one remotely unbiased one way or another.

Smagmuck_:

They probably won't arrest Zimmerman, and here's why. Due to both the Media and the (majority) of the black community blowing this so far out of proportion, that almost everyone in America (Hell, every country with a decent Internet connection and a non-oppressive government) knows about it. So the courts are going to be hard pressed to find an unbiased group to act as the jury. And even if they did successfully arrest him, he will probably be acquitted (even if the enhanced photo is faked, you can still see the cleaned and patched gash on the back of his head in the original). And after seeing this case plastered ALL over the place, at school, facebook, here, 4Chan, I'm getting sick of it.

All I'm going to do is prepare for the impending riots if the pro-Trayvon doesn't have their way. (Not like that's going to help, they've already looted a walgreens.)

TL;DR, I don't give a fuck anymore, I'm just preparing for a possible racially motivated shit storm to begin...

There are only two threads about it here. >.>

dystopiaINC:

to be honest i would prefer if they called it racial motivated by a Hispanic man. but in the news broadcasts i have seen they did call him white. which bothers me because he is't. I firmly believe that racism can be exhibited by any race. and i wish the news would report it like that. but it seems it would have less "impact" if they didn't call him white. that annoys me.

They're calling him white because he is. "Hispanic" isn't a race, and even if it was Zimmermann's father is a non-Hispanic white man.

Smagmuck_:

They managed to find a jury for the OJ trial so they're not going to have a problem here. But good job acquitting Zimmermann anyway and preparing for inevitable race riots. Gosh, black people can be so angry and violent, can't they?

cobra_ky:

They're calling him white because he is. "Hispanic" isn't a race, and even if it was Zimmermann's father is a non-Hispanic white man.

Obama's mother is white. Is Obama white? Can't remember the "black" activist name, I think he hailed from California, but he argued that there is no such thing as race. Its all fake. Not a bad way to look at things.

Gosh, black people can be so angry and violent, can't they?

Your point?

A lot of the Conservative commentary I'm reading is from the angle that there in fact, is a real crisis among black people dwarfing the dreaded power structure that commits violence against them. It is black on black violence and it is epidemic, and it is ignored and shouldn't be.

Example:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/294962/murders-don-t-count-rich-lowry

But, in the words of Ann Coulter, the Non-Fox Media (NFM) has a narrative they want to tell of white racists attacking black people. That is why the non-caucasion looking Zimmerman was called white.

Gorfias:

But, in the words of Ann Coulter, the Non-Fox Media (NFM) has a narrative they want to tell of white racists attacking black people. That is why the non-caucasion looking Zimmerman was called white.

About the only true thing Ann Coulter's said lately is "Romney will be the nominee and we'll lose." Most prophetic words to ever leave that idiot's mouth.

The media she's referring to--CNN and MSNBC--isn't focusing on the race issue and hasn't been for days. There have been plenty of other, more important things to talk about in this case and they've been doing just that.

Well, maybe Ed's been talking about race. I don't watch him. I don't like him.

evilneko:

Gorfias:

About the only true thing Ann Coulter's said lately is "Romney will be the nominee and we'll lose." Most prophetic words to ever leave that idiot's mouth.

The media she's referring to--CNN and MSNBC--isn't focusing on the race issue and hasn't been for days. There have been plenty of other, more important things to talk about in this case and they've been doing just that.

Well, maybe Ed's been talking about race. I don't watch him. I don't like him.

Sorry, but I've just never heard the term, "white hispanic" before.

But more importantly, what is to be done about the relative media blackout referenced in my example:

I can't write I know. Maybe it starts with famous and influential people like the very talented Spike Lee, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson paying more attention and getting active about it.

And we'll see about Romney vs. Obama. I think the guy has a pretty good shot at winning election over an incumbent. No small feat.

Gorfias:

Sorry, but I've just never heard the term, "white hispanic" before.

Hi, I'm white and Latino. You can be white and Latino basically the same way you can be white and Slavic. Race/ethnicity is a cultural construct, and sometimes the definitions for what constitutes this race or that race overlap.

Gorfias:

Wow, you think they could blow that dog whistle any louder? Every time I start thinking the right wing has become less racist, an article like this walks by and reminds me that, nope, same old right wing.

cobra_ky:

Sorry but you are about 60 years behind the curb. Hernandez v Texas decided that Hispanic is a separate race from white. That is why when you see race on forms it includes Hispanic.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 43 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked