How can these idiots justify the murder of Trayvon Martin...........

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Tanner The Monotone:

cobra_ky:

Tanner The Monotone:
If the kid attacked him, he had a right to defend himself. Should he have shot him to kill, no. She he have shot him at all, probably not. This situation sucks, but if you attack (I say if because the kid might not have attacked Zimmerman) someone with a gun, bad things happen.

Also, this is towards the media, quit trying to bring a race war on. When you use "white Hispanic" instead of just Hispanic like any normal person would use, or giving the Black panthers the time of day, your just trying to stir things up. Stop it.

He is a white Hispanic. "White" is a race and "Hispanic" is an ethnicity. They aren't mutually exclusive categories like so many people seem to believe. That's why they're separate census questions.

Tanner The Monotone:

Yeah, that has been put to the side by the media because they want to focus on the race issues with the story.

The police dragging their feet seems to be very much a race issue.

Why, did a cop say something like "Damn, I hate dem darkies. I think I'm not going to help them" or is it the generic racist cop thing?

An unarmed teenager was shot to death and the police didn't even try to identify the corpse. Either the Sanford police department is completely incompetent or they're completely incompetent in cases with black victims.

I_am_acting:
you know what this media circus reminds me of?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case

lot of back and forth with accusation that 3 white boys had raped a black woman, and guess what? they were innocent.

so what exactly are you saying here, white people never commit crimes against black people? or that Trayvon Martin is lying about being dead?

I_am_acting:
you know what this media circus reminds me of?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case

lot of back and forth with accusation that 3 white boys had raped a black woman, and guess what? they were innocent.

Yeah I've pointed that out a few times too. The case is obviously much more serious but the media circus is the same. We simply do not know much about the case so saying that a half-Hispanic guy shot the black guy because he is a racist is beyond premature (not to mention immature). Maybe he did, maybe he did not. I don't know and neither does anyone else not directly involved in investigating this case.

aegix drakan:

PrinceOfShapeir:

You know, if a guy started following me, my solution would not be 'ATTACK THE SON OF A BITCH!' It would be more like 'get the fuck out of dodge.'

And it looks like the kid TRIED that. He DID run. But he was pursued, and wasn't able to shake his pursuer. It looks like he only attacked because fleeing didn't work.

Im pushing 30 and I get winded chasing after toddlers. I'll be damned if Im going to catch 17 year old football player. It should be obvious he outran zimmerman and came back to confront him.

I_am_acting:

Shaoken:

PrinceOfShapeir:
Why do we allow it? Because criminals don't buy their guns from legitimate sources. Ban guns, and you don't stop gun crime, you just make sure the criminals know that the people they're targeting are helpless.

Funny, I live in a country (Australia) that has banned guns for a long time, yet we're not suddenly vunerable to having our houses invaded by people who have guns, because guns are illegal. Gaining access to a gun is harder than you assume, so most people who go through the effort don't waste it on robbing houses, especially since bringing a gun to a crime would up the sentance you'd recieve if caught.

Ban guns, and go after those who have them and those who supply them. Not a difficult concept.

yeah, cuz that's worked SO well in the war on drugs...oh.....

It worked here in Australia, it worked in the UK, so...what's your point exactly?

xDarc:

aegix drakan:

PrinceOfShapeir:

You know, if a guy started following me, my solution would not be 'ATTACK THE SON OF A BITCH!' It would be more like 'get the fuck out of dodge.'

And it looks like the kid TRIED that. He DID run. But he was pursued, and wasn't able to shake his pursuer. It looks like he only attacked because fleeing didn't work.

Im pushing 30 and I get winded chasing after toddlers. I'll be damned if Im going to catch 17 year old football player. It should be obvious he outran zimmerman and came back to confront him.

That's not evidence; some people pushing 30 get winded easy, some have built up cardio over the years and can outrun people half their age.

So no, it's not obvious.

xDarc:

aegix drakan:

PrinceOfShapeir:

Then the million dollar question is this: Why the HELL would anyone come BACK to confront someone they're getting AWAY from?

That makes no sense.

If you run away from someone, you would obviously not want to go back and confront the person you were just running from.

So unless you're trying to paint Martin as some kind of psycho who was out for blood, I don't see how that makes any sense. And if you ARE trying to paint Martin as some kind of psycho...Then WHY did he run away in the first place rather than confront the creepy guy stalking him? Why was out in the rain getting skittles for his brother? That's not typical psycho-agressor behavior as far as I'm aware...

Also, as someone else just said, not all 28-30 year olds are out of shape. Some of them might very well be fit enough to chase after a 17 year old kid. That makes more sense to me than someone coming back to confront and attack someone they just ran from.

ravenshrike:
Falling is much more an issue of balance than of weight.

And absorbing punches a matter of weight and muscle, and not of balance. A skinny kid does not knock down a heavy grown man, period.

ravenshrike:
As for skinny being not that powerful, while that may be true when talking comparatively about professional fighters, it is decidedly untrue when talking about someone who works out regularly for what is effectively a limited combat sport vs an out of shape fat guy

Okay, so first you attack me for supposedly not knowing anything about fighting sports, and then you call american football, a.k.a. rugby for wimps, a fighting sport... Right.

Point remains, you're not damaging a guy twice your size who's at least 20 kilos heavier. If only he could have. If Travis could possibly hurt Zimmerman, maybe he had a fighting chance.

But he hadn't. He was chased around the neighbourhood by a crazed gunman much stronger than him, who when he was tired, got out of his car and shot Travis dead. And if that wasn't cowardly enough yet, Zimmerman began conjuring up lies about the murder, claiming how he was supposedly attacked.

Wish the gun nuts best of luck trying to defend such a childmurderer. Makes you wonder if they never think to themselves "Wait, I defend this murderer now, but what if tomorrow it's my son walking through Zimmerman's neighbourhood? Would I want my son to murdered for simply being there, and the murderer to get away unpunished?"

xDarc:

You read the bit about the murderer chasing Travis by car after first chasing him on foot, right? Travis ran all he could and initially managed to get away from his killer, but the murderer kept chasing him.

And when he's tired the murderer pulls over, gets out of the car gun drawn and starts to get physical and intimidating again, and not a minute later Travis is shot dead.

It kind of baffles me how people can read about a murderer trying to catch someone on foot, failing, then chasing him by car, chasing him on foot a second time and killing him when his victim tires, and say "But wait, it was self-defense."

Blablahb:

ravenshrike:

And absorbing punches a matter of weight and muscle, and not of balance. A skinny kid does not knock down a heavy grown man, period.

Do I think Trayvon Martin:

Could knock down a guy like Zimmerman? Most certainly he could have. Like others have said, balance matters more than weight anyway and there are a number of other factors to consider.

By the way I post that picture because the pictures you normally see in the news are from years ago and are almost shamefully misleading.

Blablahb:

ravenshrike:

ravenshrike:
As for skinny being not that powerful, while that may be true when talking comparatively about professional fighters, it is decidedly untrue when talking about someone who works out regularly for what is effectively a limited combat sport vs an out of shape fat guy

Okay, so first you attack me for supposedly not knowing anything about fighting sports, and then you call american football, a.k.a. rugby for wimps, a fighting sport... Right.

Point remains, you're not damaging a guy twice your size who's at least 20 kilos heavier. If only he could have. If Travis could possibly hurt Zimmerman, maybe he had a fighting chance.

But he hadn't. He was chased around the neighbourhood by a crazed gunman much stronger than him, who when he was tired, got out of his car and shot Travis dead. And if that wasn't cowardly enough yet, Zimmerman began conjuring up lies about the murder, claiming how he was supposedly attacked.

Wow, just... wow. All right, while rugby has the greater number of injuries in total, the majority of the injuries in rugby are minor dings. Whereas things like torn ACLs, broken bones, ripped Achilles tendons, and spinal injuries are much, much more common in american football. Not to mention things like massive amounts of concussions, even with helmets. That's right, american football players hit hard enough to cause concussions THROUGH the safety equipment.

As for a limited combat sport, that's what it IS. So is rugby. However, rugby is even more limited than football. The players know they don't have padding and hit each other accordingly, and the only person allowed to be tackled or blocked is the ball carrier. Moreover, he can't be tackled above the waist which means true flying tackles are much, much rarer.

The rest of your post is pure conjecture as to how fast Martin was going. In fact, as described by Zimmerman until he slipped onto the path between the houses as moving slowly. Plus, the girlfriend never reported him as running or being out of breath.

ravenshrike:

Blablahb:

ravenshrike:

ravenshrike:

Wow, just... wow. All right, while rugby has the greater number of injuries in total, the majority of the injuries in rugby are minor dings. Whereas things like torn ACLs, broken bones, ripped Achilles tendons, and spinal injuries are much, much more common in american football. Not to mention things like massive amounts of concussions, even with helmets. That's right, american football players hit hard enough to cause concussions THROUGH the safety equipment.

As for a limited combat sport, that's what it IS. So is rugby. However, rugby is even more limited than football. The players know they don't have padding and hit each other accordingly, and the only person allowed to be tackled or blocked is the ball carrier. Moreover, he can't be tackled above the waist which means true flying tackles are much, much rarer.

It helps credibility in any discussion if you actually know what you are talking about, even if it has little to do with the discussion at hand. Not being able to tackle above the waist is new to me.

For the record, except for spinal injuries, none of those injuries are major concerns. The major concern in Eggball, as it is in Rugby and Aussie Rules is concussions. As it turns out a broken bone or torn ligament will heal, a damaged brain will not.

Seekster:

Blablahb:

ravenshrike:

Could knock down a guy like Zimmerman? Most certainly he could have. Like others have said, balance matters more than weight anyway and there are a number of other factors to consider.

By the way I post that picture because the pictures you normally see in the news are from years ago and are almost shamefully misleading.

Shamefully misleading indeed... im sorry cool breaking in 5,4,3,2.............

youve got to be fucking kidding me. Aside from looking nothing like him, and being a couple of shades darker it clearly says MARIO on the face of the fucking picture. I mean i know the running joke is that we all look alike but jesus fucking christ are you even trying? What "right leaning" website did you get that from cause there is no fucking way that came from a simple google image search.

Its so crazy how badly some people want to deny the obvious in this case. Ive never given racists much credit, but ive been seeing silly shit like this for the last week and all i can say is FACE FUCKING PALM!!!!

Edit: Just for empahsis lets compare photos and see if anyone without their head up their anus could see the difference. And these are pictures the media has shown which can be easily google searched and depict him at the age/size he was when he died.

xDarc:

aegix drakan:

PrinceOfShapeir:

Actually, I remember hearing that the girlfriend told trayvon to run when he told her that he was being followed and that he apparantly told her that he wasn't going to run and that he would just walk faster. So yea it's not obvious that he outran him and came back to confront him; not saying that it didn't happen like that but you seem to be fine to jump to that conclusion with limited evidance.

feeqmatic:

Seekster:

Blablahb:

youve got to be fucking kidding me. Aside from looking nothing like him, and being a couple of shades darker it clearly says MARIO on the face of the fucking picture. I mean i know the running joke is that we all look alike but jesus fucking christ are you even trying? What "right leaning" website did you get that from cause there is no fucking way that came from a simple google image search.

Its so crazy how badly some people want to deny the obvious in this case. Ive never given racists much credit, but ive been seeing silly shit like this for the last week and all i can say is FACE FUCKING PALM!!!!

Edit: Just for empahsis lets compare photos and see if anyone without their head up their anus could see the difference. And these are pictures the media has shown which can be easily google searched and depict him at the age/size he was when he died.

Yeeeah no. That second pic was from middle school, or freshman year.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/second-trayvon-martin-twitter-feed-identified/

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/the-daily-caller-obtains-trayvon-martins-tweets/
The first link is Martin's earlier twitter account pic, the second is the most recent. You first picture MIGHT be recent, or it could be over a year old. However it's certainly not a pic where we can tell his size relative to other people.

Morthello:

xDarc:

aegix drakan:

Actually, I remember hearing that the girlfriend told trayvon to run when he told her that he was being followed and that he apparantly told her that he wasn't going to run and that he would just walk faster. So yea it's not obvious that he outran him and came back to confront him; not saying that it didn't happen like that but you seem to be fine to jump to that conclusion with limited evidance.

When Zimmerman first sees Martin, he describes as near the clubhouse (building with the pool) Zimmerman said he then takes off towards the rear entrance, retreat view circle, orlando FL. This is during the original 911 call and you can hear zimmerman running at one point.

Zimmerman says he doesn't know an address tp descrone where he's at, he says it's a cut through. I think this refers to the sidewalk at the north end of twin tees. Zimmerman walks back there to circle around back to his truck on twin trees. This is where the confrontation happens and the body is found by the police in between the middle buildings.

Anyway, the exact distance will be around 500 feet give or take a hundred feet. To travel that in about a minute, you'd be moving about 6 miles an hour. Not a sprint, but not exactly a walk either. The whole thing happens in only about 5 minutes time.

*shrugs*

Another new development is the low resolution video that the Martin family lawyer is claiming destroy's zimmerman's story about his injuries. I'm pretty sure Zimmerman's lawyer would be smarter than to lie about injuries when he was observed by 2-3 police officers and a paramedic that evening. One of the officers is seen looking at the back of his head.

I spent a year watching high risk facilities around the country on video monitors as my last job. IOne thing you notice when you get back close up pictures from somone on the ground, for instance when an incident happens and things are documented; the mounted cameras fail to pick up a lot of detail and the encoding only makes it worse. This case is still going to be decided by the physical evidence, the autopsy, and the eyewitnesses to the altercation. A girlfriend's interpretation of what was happening on the other end of the phone is not going to have much sway. I just wish the grand jury would hurry up and convene so all the facts can come out.

ravenshrike:

feeqmatic:

Seekster:

Yeeeah no. That second pic was from middle school, or freshman year.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/second-trayvon-martin-twitter-feed-identified/

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/the-daily-caller-obtains-trayvon-martins-tweets/
The first link is Martin's earlier twitter account pic, the second is the most recent. You first picture MIGHT be recent, or it could be over a year old. However it's certainly not a pic where we can tell his size relative to other people.

1- The main point was the picture from Seekster is waaaaaaay off to the point of hilarity/scrutiny of his stance on black people as a whole.
2- The pictures you show still look like a lanky skinny kid and hardly look all that differnt from what i posted. Most records indicate the boy was between 6-0 to 6-3 and 160 pounds or less.
3- The moving video of Zimmerman dont depict him as some morbidly obese guy, he looks fairly solid.

All speculation of course, but lets at least make it accurate.

Serge A. Storms:

Tanner The Monotone:

Serge A. Storms:

If the race issue has been emphasized in this specific case it's because black people in this country have a long history of being harassed by other citizens while the police either participated or turned a blind eye, the only way anyone can figure Trayvon looked "suspicious" that night is that he was a black male wearing a hoodie, and the combination of him getting shot and the police appearing to intentionally half-ass the initial investigation is reminiscent of a very ugly part of American history.

Is there anything that shows that because of the kid's race the cops half ass'd the investigation, or are we just assuming it?

Like I said, it's the combination of how he got killed and the police doing what was largely perceived to be a shitty job. There's no evidence that those things are directly connected but even if they had nothing to do with each other the police picked a pretty bad case to screw around on and they really should have known how it would look handling it the way they did.

That I can agree with. I just hate that that's what people seem to think when things like this happen.

cobra_ky:

An unarmed teenager was shot to death and the police didn't even try to identify the corpse. Either the Sanford police department is completely incompetent or they're completely incompetent in cases with black victims.

Or their completely incompetent when they don't get their donuts. Just because the kid was black and the cops half ass'd it doesn't mean they are racist. The other guy was Hispanic, yet things seem to be going his way. Why would they not be racist against him but racist against Trayvon?

Tanner The Monotone:

cobra_ky:

Or their completely incompetent when they don't get their donuts. Just because the kid was black and the cops half ass'd it doesn't mean they are racist. The other guy was Hispanic, yet things seem to be going his way. Why would they not be racist against him but racist against Trayvon?

You know it is possibe to be racist against a specific skin tone and not others; there are some people who are only racist against Asians, but are completely okay with Black people or Latinos. You're confusing "racist" and "white supremisist."

Shaoken:

Tanner The Monotone:

cobra_ky:

You know it is possibe to be racist against a specific skin tone and not others; there are some people who are only racist against Asians, but are completely okay with Black people or Latinos. You're confusing "racist" and "white supremisist."

Yeah, they can be racist of different things, it's just that cops are also perceived of being racist against Hispanics too.

In this case SYG can be claimed by both parties, as both had 'reasonable belief' they were in danger.

Martin is dead only because Zimmerman had a firearm, Zimmerman is possibly only alive because Martin did not.

I suggest you also watch the police station surveillance video showing a handcuffed Zimmerman getting out of the police.

I can not see any injuries to his face or the back of his shaven head.

Nor do I see any blood stains on the front of his clothes or other marks at all on his clothes (ie grass stains on the back).

These are thing that should be present if Zimmerman had been attacked by Martin and Martin was using enough force to make ZImmerman 'reasonably believe' his life was in danger (and so teh use of deadly force was required).

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/police-video-shows-no-blood-george-zimmerman

farson135:
Actually the big problem is that the police fucked up and did not do their jobs correctly.

How exactly? Please be specific.

Police handcuffed Zimmerman and took him to the station where he was interviewed by more senior officers (according to the report by Officer T Smith)

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/120226_TrayvonMartinPoliceReport.pdf

Many news outlets are stating that the homicide detective Chris Serino did not believe Zimmerman's story on the night (supposedly filling an affidavit to that effect) and asked for an arrest warrant.

The warrant waa refused by the state attorney Wolfinger.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-investigator-wanted-charge-george-zimmerman-manslaughter/story?id=16011674#.T3KTUDGmhB1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

TechNoFear:
In this case SYG can be claimed by both parties, as both had 'reasonable belief' they were in danger.

Zimmerman was stalking Travis. He had no grounds whatsoever to claim self-defense. He could've ceased his menacing behaviour at any given point and they would both have went their merry way.

But good stuff on noticing the lack of injuries while he claimed to have some.

farson135:
Actually the big problem is that the police fucked up and did not do their jobs correctly.

Not the police is at fault here. They're given a law that says "Kill anyone for anything, it's legal" to work with, and then people expect them to arrest murderers and deliver them for a fair trial?

It's the legislators and people who back gun violence who are at fault in this case.

TechNoFear:

Martin is dead only because Zimmerman had a firearm, Zimmerman is possibly only alive because Martin did not.

I suggest you also watch the police station surveillance video showing a handcuffed Zimmerman getting out of the police.

I can not see any injuries to his face or the back of his shaven head.

Nor do I see any blood stains on the front of his clothes or other marks at all on his clothes (ie grass stains on the back).

These are thing that should be present if Zimmerman had been attacked by Martin and Martin was using enough force to make ZImmerman 'reasonably believe' his life was in danger (and so teh use of deadly force was required).

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/police-video-shows-no-blood-george-zimmerman

farson135:

Police handcuffed Zimmerman and took him to the station where he was interviewed by more senior officers (according to the report by Officer T Smith)

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/120226_TrayvonMartinPoliceReport.pdf

Many news outlets are stating that the homicide detective Chris Serino did not believe Zimmerman's story on the night (supposedly filling an affidavit to that effect) and asked for an arrest warrant.

The warrant waa refused by the state attorney Wolfinger.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-investigator-wanted-charge-george-zimmerman-manslaughter/story?id=16011674#.T3KTUDGmhB1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

According to the police reports that you linked Zimmerman was apparently given first aid at the scene. The video only shows that the alleged injuries were exaggerated. He could easily have had his nose bloodied and not actually broken. A minor scrape to the back of his head that was cleaned and hasn't scabbed over yet may also not have been readily apparent in that video. I'm not defending the guy but the video does not really show that he was uninjured, just not at all seriously injured which is certainly fairly damning in itself.

TechNoFear:

No they couldn't. Walking behind someone is not a reasonable justification for drawing a firearm without some other exceptional circumstances. Which, as far as we are aware, do not exist. Therefore Martin had no reason (as far as we are aware) for attacking Zimmerman.

Which means that.......stand your ground is not in effect. You know, like what I said to begin with.

How about you read through the last post I made to you were I linked an entire article with 18 problems in it and listed several more myself.

Blablahb:
Not the police is at fault here. They're given a law that says "Kill anyone for anything, it's legal" to work with, and then people expect them to arrest murderers and deliver them for a fair trial?

That is in no way shape or form what the law says and you know it.

It's the legislators and people who back gun violence who are at fault in this case.

No, it is Zimmerman's/Martin's and/or the police's fault. Lay the blame where it belongs.

something than needs to be said is that there are several witnesses who contradict each other. And the story of Zimmerman's getting sucker punched or accosted in any way is from his mouth only. There are no witnesses that say that Martin or Zimmerman started the fight only different accounts of how the fight was escalated.

I keep seeing people stating this as if it is a complete known. It is not.

farson135:
That is in no way shape or form what the law says and you know it.

So Zimmerman is currently in prison, awaitin trial for first degree murder?

No he's not. He's in a taxpayer-afforded safehouse because not everyone in the general public accepts murderers like him. And that's because the stand-your-ground law, much like the castle doctrine, says that murder is legal, and you can murder anyone for any sort of perceived threat to even your property.

hey, people who aren't on the jury being selected for this case

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-shooter-teenager-gun/story?id=16000239#.T3Pqt9Vm2Sq

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/police-surveillance-video-of-zimmerman-may-show-head-injury/

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/30758511/detail.html

looks like Mr. Martin isn't as squeaky clean as you thought

Captcha: face the music, lulz

feeqmatic:
1- The main point was the picture from Seekster is waaaaaaay off to the point of hilarity/scrutiny of his stance on black people as a whole.
2- The pictures you show still look like a lanky skinny kid and hardly look all that differnt from what i posted. Most records indicate the boy was between 6-0 to 6-3 and 160 pounds or less.
3- The moving video of Zimmerman dont depict him as some morbidly obese guy, he looks fairly solid.

The fat comments were from the only picture of Zimmerman that was circulating originally. He's clearly gotten at least somewhat in shape since then.

As for his final weight/height, I'm ignoring that issue until the autopsy comes out, which will definitively settle things.

While he may not be as bulky as the picture Seekster showed, he is no less gangsta. Or did you miss the gold teeth and tattoos?

Shaoken:

I_am_acting:

Shaoken:

Funny, I live in a country (Australia) that has banned guns for a long time, yet we're not suddenly vunerable to having our houses invaded by people who have guns, because guns are illegal. Gaining access to a gun is harder than you assume, so most people who go through the effort don't waste it on robbing houses, especially since bringing a gun to a crime would up the sentance you'd recieve if caught.

Ban guns, and go after those who have them and those who supply them. Not a difficult concept.

yeah, cuz that's worked SO well in the war on drugs...oh.....

It worked here in Australia, it worked in the UK, so...what's your point exactly?

If you're talking about banning guns, there might be a problem with that. First, the supreme court has addressed this idea. Not once, but twice

Also, very few people want a ban on even something as narrow as handguns.

And then, you have several state constitutions that make a provision for an individual right to keep and bear arms, such as my own

Simply put, the way things are, a gun ban would not work, unless everyone with guns gave them up willingly.

ravenshrike:

feeqmatic:

The fat comments were from the only picture of Zimmerman that was circulating originally. He's clearly gotten at least somewhat in shape since then.

As for his final weight/height, I'm ignoring that issue until the autopsy comes out, which will definitively settle things.

While he may not be as bulky as the picture Seekster showed, he is no less gangsta. Or did you miss the gold teeth and tattoos?

Am i being trolled?

What the fuck difference does "gangsta" even mean. Ive had gold teeth before and i have tattoos does that make me as an individual any more or less likely to... what exactly? I also have a masters degree and do community outreach as a hobby, never been arrested and so on. I drive a car that is really popular among drug dealers that doesnt make ME any more or less likely to sell drugs. I have dread locks almost too my back does that make me any more likely to be a rapper?

The logic behind this nonsense is clear latent racism and its so funny because you guys dont realize it. I mean the other kid had NO TATOOS and was simply making a hand signal in the shape of an M. I wonder if that has anything to do with his name BEING MARIO!!! I mean what does a black guy have to do to NOT look "gangsta" in the eyes of some of you. I swear in the last 4 years i have lost so much love and hope for this world it is amazing. To think that there could be soooo many people whose way of thinking is so functionally off.

I_am_acting:
hey, people who aren't on the jury being selected for this case

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-shooter-teenager-gun/story?id=16000239#.T3Pqt9Vm2Sq

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/police-surveillance-video-of-zimmerman-may-show-head-injury/

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/30758511/detail.html

looks like Mr. Martin isn't as squeaky clean as you thought

Captcha: face the music, lulz

None of this info is new

I just wanna point out again that you cant just take Zimmerman's story as fact like he is a 3rd party in this situation. No to mention that it doesnt make sense on several levels.

Furthermore notice they didnt mention any violent activities in Trayvon's backrgound as it pertains to his school records (which should not have been released btw)

feeqmatic:

ravenshrike:

feeqmatic:

Am i being trolled?

What the fuck difference does "gangsta" even mean. Ive had gold teeth before and i have tattoos does that make me as an individual any more or less likely to... what exactly? I also have a masters degree and do community outreach as a hobby, never been arrested and so on. I drive a car that is really popular among drug dealers that doesnt make ME any more or less likely to sell drugs. I have dread locks almost too my back does that make me any more likely to be a rapper?

The logic behind this nonsense is clear latent racism and its so funny because you guys dont realize it. I mean the other kid had NO TATOOS and was simply making a hand signal in the shape of an M. I wonder if that has anything to do with his name BEING MARIO!!! I mean what does a black guy have to do to NOT look "gangsta" in the eyes of some of you. I swear in the last 4 years i have lost so much love and hope for this world it is amazing. To think that there could be soooo many people whose way of thinking is so functionally off.

Do you tweet like him too? Cause you don't exactly strike me as a no limit nigga(treyvon's twitter handle) style tweeter.

ravenshrike:

feeqmatic:

ravenshrike:

Am i being trolled?

Do you tweet like him too? Cause you don't exactly strike me as a no limit nigga(treyvon's twitter handle) style tweeter.

Im sorry where was the tweet about robbing murdering people i must have missed it...

He sounds like a million 17 year old black kids in high school. Fuck he sounds like 17 yearld any race kids in high school. Please tell me where the scary gangsta part is? This shit is so sad... its not even funny anymore its tragic. Not just the fact that this boy lost his life, but that there are so many ignorant unworldly people still around in 2012

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/29/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-video

Are there any actual signs of injury on the man? Or am I blind?

Okay, so someone shot someone in self-defense and now the person that was shot is the victim... Great.

Also I read that that Martin kid wanted to do military aviation. Bullsh*t, the jewelry incident and the suspension would disqualify you on the spot and he would know that... if he really wanted to do military aviation.

I have to enjoy how the media (CNN in particular) have been covering Zimmerman's race. First he was white, then he was white who said he was Hispanic, now he being reported as a "white Hispanic" (a doublethink term if I've ever seen one).

Now we're classifying Hispanics by skin color? What a joke. As Ruben writes in that column,

My more cynical friends insist the strategy here is to preserve, by any means necessary, the narrative of a white racist who gunned down an unarmed black teenager.

I am one of those cynics. While Ruben has faith in his colleagues, until they admit they screwed the pooch, it makes their attempts to portray Zimmerman as some sort of white dude seem insidious rather than incompetent.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked