So What Drugs Have You Guys Experimented With Lately?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

I'm very much aware that this topic is more suited of off-topic rather than R&P but considering how heated debates about drugs can get here, and the fact that R&P deals with much more serious subject matters, it'd be interesting to read people's stories and finding out about their experiences regarding drugs.

Specifically, I'd like to engage in a discussion about how each of you, individually, view drugs, no matter whether you've tried them or not, how they have affected your lives and I'd like it if each person who posts here could make a list regarding both the negative and positive effects of drugs and drug use. Now I know a lot of people will just straight up say there are no positive effects but for the sake of this discussion please make an effort.

Drug use is a very controversial subject but I think that by seeing how each one of us have reached our particular conclusions we could potentially gain a much deeper understanding of our individual points of view.

Anti-depressants.

Depends what you call a drug.

If alcohol is included then its the drug my dad uses to forget what he did during his days in the army, at the expense of his children and wife. It's too early to see if its had a similar impact on my brother as it has me but that's for a later date.

So drugs... I understand why people use them. Experimentation the only real one I'd find acceptable. However a lot of people use them to try (at first) prop themselves up life because they like the high in contrast to the shit otherwise, but then this always leads to dependency and causes more harm than good in almost all drugs...

Banning them is just the wrong solution to even attempt as its humans dependence to them which needs to be stopped.
Economics tells us that if there is a market there will bloody well be someone willing to supply said market, and we need to try to get people to stop taking drugs rather than banning them and wrongly expecting the markets to disappear.

If anyone thinks they should be legal then I'd address each drug differently as they all have different effects in terms of addictiveness. If we were able to chemically alter the drug in a way that removes the addictiveness but kept the feeling, or the drug does little damage and isn't too addictive then I'd be fine with that. However this isn't going to happen for a lot of things...

I feel like this is a worthwhile topic but I'm not sure how far an individual can go in describing drug use on this forum.

Drugs I've experimented with recently? A few from the last six months...

Dipyramidole, spermine NONOate, nitrobenzylthioinosine, sodium nitrite, 2-amino-3-(5-methyl-3-oxo-1,2- oxazol-4-yl)propanoic acid, erythro-9-(2-hydroxy-3-nonyl)adenine, N-(3-(Aminomethyl)benzyl)acetamidine, ouabain, tetrodotoxin.

I don't recommend any of them recreationally, mind. Some of them (the last two particularly) are awesomely nasty poisons.

Filter coffee. Its not as good as a nice cup of tea, but my word does it wake you up.

Drugs are bad, mmm'kay?

Seriously though, I've never so much as smoked a whole cigarette so I'm afraid I don't have much of an insight into the world of drugs. I'm a sucker for a cheeky drink or two though.

I'm waiting for the "OK" from my healthinsurance to start experimenting with this one, besides that alcohol, coffee and occasionally (though it's been over 2 years now) some weed.

I tried smoking a few months back and couldn't even finish my first cigarette, hell I could oly manage 2 puffs, most revolting think I have ever done, I couldn't do it after realizing I was literally breathing in smoke. Other than that, not much. Also the side effects to smoking outweigh the positive sides.

Smokers, how the fuck did you manage to not get sick while smoking?

before I answer I need to know if its against the forum guidelines to do so. anyone?

TizzytheTormentor:

Smokers, how the fuck did you manage to not get sick while smoking?

It goes away with regular smoking. Smokers who quit for a substantial time tend to get nausea until they get used to it again. Smoking several cigarettes one after another with no gaps will probably make anyone sick - it can be used as a tactic of aversion therapy to help people quit.

I've actually given up drinking alcohol for the last month (I've had about 4 pints in this entire time) and it's fairly amazing...my mind feels a lot clearer than usual.

As for drugs, I've recently been experimenting with caffeine/glucose tablets dissolved in lemonade. Haven't really tried that many out lately but I've had weed & beta-blockers, beta-blockers were far more fun.

I've been on a drug called "Sheen"

It's lack of availabilty proved a problem but I got some at source

Despite the rumours or it's effects, I am still alive, my face did not melt off and my body did not explode.

I am a rockstar vatican assasin and everyone around me is bunch of fools and trolls.

OT: I only generally occssionally drink alcohol, though only socially. I have only 2 or 3 times partook, but only when it's generally available.

Personally, I don't see a problem drugs like cannabis, it's less harmful than tobacco and alcohol. Alcoohol incidently is a super drug, with effects and elements of some of the most illegal drugs around.

On the subject of tackling it, legalisation of the softer drugs like cannabis is the way forward, by criminalising them so heavily it wastes police time and resources on something silly, wastes money and overfills prisions. he way to treat people who have addictions is not as criminals, but as sick.

I cannot stand the concept of altering my mind for the purpose of recreation, regardless of how safe a small portion of recreational drugs are supposed to be, and frankly, have difficulty understanding why anyone else would be willing to do so, at least before chemical dependency kicks in, our minds are pretty close to the only thing that is truly ours.

I've never taken non OTC drugs without a prescription for it (even then the strongest medical prescription I've had was a brief flirt with weak ADD medication), have yet to come into direct contact with nicotine in any form, and while I enjoy a good glass of wine from time to time, have never drunk enough alcohol to be even mildly buzzed.

None at all.

Since it's none of the state's business what people do to themselves, I support them being legalized though. They'll undoubtedly be the ruin of some - probably quite a few - people, but so is alcohol and tobacco, and you don't see much support for outlawing possession of those.

Tried to smoke since some people were so positive about it, it tasted like shit and didn't do anything, just like I expected. People can ask me again if they're silly enough to buy expensive cigars and share though.

Tried weed twice because someone really really wanted me to and offered to pay for it. One's cake baking abilities are really sub-par and it did nothing at all. The second offered to let me smoke untill I felt something because I'd said it did nothing, and he felt that one. Went through almost 3 before calling it a day and not noticing anything. Waste of money.

Rage19:
Personally, I don't see a problem drugs like cannabis, it's less harmful than tobacco and alcohol.

An often heard myth promoted by pot apologists. However, on a per-use basis (the only comparable data), cannabis is more harmfull than alcohol, by miles and miles.

The trick the pot promotors pull is falsifying the data by comparing millions of drinkers to a few hundred potheads, and years and years of heavy drinking to very light pot abuse.

I was a few months ago prescribed Oxycontin to deal with severe pain issues. It was kind of a new experience for me because I generally haven't taken painkillers for most of my life. I don't really even like to take ibuprofen. I wouldn't call being on these meds "experimenting" but it's given me quite a different perspective.

I can totally see how they could be habit-forming. While my health problem is basically solved and I was only on them for a short time, I'm fairly certain that if this pain issue had taken place at the same time I was experiencing a major emotional upheaval in my life (loss of a loved one, divorce, long-term unemployment, etc) I think I could have the potential to get hooked, especially if I had the means to go "doctor shopping". It's a pretty scary realization, particularly because I drink on occasion and have learned to totally understand what my limits are and when I should and should not drink. I don't think I could become an alcoholic. That there are people out there who pop multiple oxycontin pills just for the high is pretty astounding to me- they must have developed such an opiate tolerance that they'll be totally screwed if they ever have a real health problem that requires real pain killers.

This has also made me believe that western society is deeply hypocritical when it comes to prescription pain-killers vs. "drugs". These pain-killers serve a legitimate need and should be readily available to people who need them. But at the same time, they're really not all that different from opium- they're just a bit more regulated and associated with a higher socio-economic class. But it's amazing how people like Rush Limbaugh can make a career out of vilifying drug users and then when exposed as a pain-killer addict get away with a fine and probation. It's almost like we as a society have decided that one form of opium is totally okay as long as it has a pharmaceutical brand name stamped on it, but any other form is the worst thing ever.

Just alcohol. I did try spice one time, but it was pretty lame and never tried it again.

Can't say it was recently, but a few years ago I had Vicodin prescribed after a minor surgery. Damn, that was a fun few days...

I have no real problem with drugs but then again I have tried a couple of them. Coffee and cigarettes on a daily basis, alcohol weekly and weed a couple of times a year. Have also tried shrooms, mescaline, morning glory and baby woodrose, cocaine, ecstasy, amphetamine, Lsd and various legal stuff. am probably missing some stuff.

Well, after having used weed for the last several months to deal with chronic pain, im at a point where i need to stop smoking both it, and cigars for atleast the next 4-6 months, so this should be a very interesting lesson on withdrawal for me haha

Mirtazapin.

Antidepressant. Yep, it works, it saps away the depression, but it also sucks away everything else. Motivation and the likes. So you just end up permanently feeling like you just got out of bed. Meh.

Got a doctors appointment soon, going to work out a plan on how to get off them without extreme withdrawal symptoms then. Whats the point in not feeling depressed if you cant feel happy either?

PercyBoleyn:
I'm very much aware that this topic is more suited of off-topic rather than R&P but considering how heated debates about drugs can get here, and the fact that R&P deals with much more serious subject matters, it'd be interesting to read people's stories and finding out about their experiences regarding drugs.

Specifically, I'd like to engage in a discussion about how each of you, individually, view drugs, no matter whether you've tried them or not, how they have affected your lives and I'd like it if each person who posts here could make a list regarding both the negative and positive effects of drugs and drug use. Now I know a lot of people will just straight up say there are no positive effects but for the sake of this discussion please make an effort.

Drug use is a very controversial subject but I think that by seeing how each one of us have reached our particular conclusions we could potentially gain a much deeper understanding of our individual points of view.

Lately?
Just weed once a week or so. I don't even drink alcohol.

In high school I used to eat a lot of mushrooms. The regular portion was 30, if I remember correctly, and I used to eat over 150 :D
After I stopped, I was still seeing "waves" going through walls, floors etc. for over a year.
It was fun, though I don't think I would do it again.

PercyBoleyn:

I've been getting all my meds sorted out lately in dosage and time. The only one I've taken that's new is Zaleplon, for my insomnia.

I don't do drugs otherwise, though. Not a huge fan of them, to be honest.

I drink sarin for breakfast.

Also, I think intentionally chemically altering one's mind is generally unecessary and often stupid. I think people should whenever possible control themselves instead of ingesting chemicals to do it for them. This belief goes for the whole spectrum legal, illegal, prescription... whatever.

Small quantities of alcohol, though I don't make a habit of drinking. I prize my self-control too much to allow foreign substances to interfere with my mind.

Alcohol, but only within moderation (I'm an emetophobe).

I tried cannabis on two occasions, but it didn't really do anything for me.

I also recently reacted rather badly to prescription dihydrocodeine. It slurred my speech, but it didn't kill my pain. Not to mention the constipation...

I don't experiment with drugs, and I try to limit taking medicine when I can. I've got more surgery this week so that's some hydrocodone for pain. I'm not a big fan of feeling loopy and itchy. Even alcohol makes me break out in red patches when I drink more than a few sips.

Drug use is, as Captcha so aptly puts; "Beyond me". I understand it, but I'll never "get it". I'll consume various alcohols for their flavor; but the alcohol isn't even necessary, and even then, I'll stop at 2 no matter what. That's as close as I'll get, even though I live with a PotHead. The smell is quite irritating. Everything else smells equally bad, tastes terrible, has destroyed lives I was aware of, and generally seems pointless to me.

About the only kind I can stand are *some* over the counter stuff. Nyquil's great as are most remedy types (Oh god how I love Pepto Bismal!). But given their god awful taste, how can kids really abuse enough of it to affect them?

I've heard of people abusing other various medications, but the quantities of pain killers and the like I've been required to take to have any effect seem fairly unsustainable; even in the short term. Haven't had morphine yet though, that stuff might actually work.

In general, don't need 'em, don't want 'em. But it helps me weed out (snicker) people I'd prefer not to deal with on any basis beyond the superficial.

LetalisK:
Just alcohol. I did try spice one time, but it was pretty lame and never tried it again.

I honestly believe a study will come out at some point in the future about spice that says that it kills more brain cells than alcohol and that one of the great failures of the drug policies in the U.S. is making spice available and marketable as a legal alternative to weed. I've met every type of pot smoker there is, from high school and going nowhere to self-made success story, but the only regular spice smokers I've ever met just don't have anything going on upstairs. I've tried it a few times myself and even though it provided a pretty strong body high considering how little it cost compared to weed, the mental state upon smoking enough to get genuinely blazed was bizarrely unpleasant in a way nothing else I had ever done was.

To respond to the topic in earnest because it appears it's fine for the time being, I've "experimented" with alcohol, tobacco, a few prescription pills (which were prescribed to me), a couple energy things you buy at sex shops because they're not really energy things, weed, spice, and a couple types of hallucinogenics. Of those, I regret ever drinking as much as I did at one point, didn't really regret any of the others although I don't smoke tobacco anymore, enjoy weed if not everyone that smokes it, and really enjoy mushrooms. If you believe everyone that claims to do them you would think that bad trips are the norm, but I've never had one, never seen someone have one, and have yet to comprehend how the mental and emotional state they put you in could ever cause someone a negative experience unless their usual thought process is wallowing in self-hatred every waking minute of every day (It's also extremely important to remember that psychedelic mushrooms can be very dangerous if not prepared properly, I'm not advocating trying them or anything else, I'm talking about what I've done in response to the thread topic).

To add another worthwhile point to the thread that seems to be a pretty common statement, most people don't really get anything out of weed until they build up enough tolerance to make it through a quarter of a gram or so on their own in one sitting and get the inhalation process figured out. Not telling anyone to go out and try it 'till it works, but one of the most common things you hear when asking if someone has ever tried weed is that they "tried it once or twice and didn't get anything," and 99% of the time it's a combination of not actually smoking enough individually to get anything and not knowing how to inhale from whatever they smoked out of.

Serge A. Storms:

LetalisK:

I honestly believe a study will come out at some point in the future about spice that says that it kills more brain cells than alcohol and that one of the great failures of the drug policies in the U.S. is making spice available and marketable as a legal alternative to weed.

Well, there goes the last shred of my street cred. I thought LetalisK was making a Dune joke. I really wish such an awesome name wasn't taken for such a bland product.

im a teetotal Scotsman off the back of the 90s "rave" scene and i'd love to have a decent informed discussion about various drugs and their effects however i think i skirts way to close to that which is prohibited in forums code of conduct (even here in R&P).

Serge A. Storms:

LetalisK:

I honestly believe a study will come out at some point in the future about spice that says that it kills more brain cells than alcohol and that one of the great failures of the drug policies in the U.S. is making spice available and marketable as a legal alternative to weed. I've met every type of pot smoker there is, from high school and going nowhere to self-made success story, but the only regular spice smokers I've ever met just don't have anything going on upstairs. I've tried it a few times myself and even though it provided a pretty strong body high considering how little it cost compared to weed, the mental state upon smoking enough to get genuinely blazed was bizarrely unpleasant in a way nothing else I had ever done was.

I'm not 100% certain about the negative long term effects, but I know it's horrible short-term for no other reason than it's ridiculously easy to OD on.

I've recently tried a legal herb, I think it was called Diamond Spice. It has similar effects to cannabis, abeit, not as strong.

I enjoyed it, just like I enjoy cannabis (although I'm not condoning cannabis). Why do I enjoy it? Well I think it's a safe way to enter the alternative part of your mind and it allows for more effective use of your mind. In a society that values intellectual thought, I'm baffled as to why it is completely illegal.

Alcohol enhances emotions while legal herbs enhances certain cogntive functions, specifically how you perceive things, how you solve problems and how you think in general, while reducing functions such as short term memory.

You think of things you never would have thought of otherwise, in ways that have never crossed your mind. I like to refer to it as 'Enlightenment', since you can basically wipe your own mind and start on a clean slate. My favorite part is how it allows you to see things in extreme depth. Want to understand things from the perspective of someone completely opposite of you? That's entirely a possibility, at least from my experiences.

The worst part about it is you forget basically everything when the effects wear off. Well actually, you can forget a thought the second your mind changes subjects or half way through thinking it. And trust me, you change subjects quite often. One second you'll be thinking about something extremely philosophical, the next you'll be debating with yourself which flavour chips you should open. And it's a possibility that debate will turn philosophical. Debating chip flavour is philosophical, you question? You'd be surprised.

I'm pretty sure most countries have legal herbs of the sort. I'd choose that over alcohol any day.

F4LL3N:
I've recently tried a legal herb, I think it was called Diamond Spice. It has similar effects to cannabis, abeit, not as strong.

Synthetic cannabis is extremely dangerous and I'd advise you avoid it in the future. It will fucking kill you. Just stick with the illegal kind.

F4LL3N:
Well I think it's a safe way to enter the alternative part of your mind and it allows for more effective use of your mind. In a society that values intellectual thought, I'm baffled as to why it is completely illegal.

If you really want to "enter the alternative part of your mind" then I suggest acid. It's safe but I would recommend having someone with you who's sober, just in case.

Sleekit:
im a teetotal Scotsman off the back of the 90s "rave" scene and i'd love to have a decent informed discussion about various drugs and their effects however i think i skirts way to close to that which is prohibited in forums code of conduct (even here in R&P).

I don't think the mods will mind. We're not exactly trying to sell the stuff. Feel free to share.

Chemical Alia:
I don't experiment with drugs, and I try to limit taking medicine when I can. I've got more surgery this week so that's some hydrocodone for pain. I'm not a big fan of feeling loopy and itchy. Even alcohol makes me break out in red patches when I drink more than a few sips.

I recently realized I hate alcohol actually. Apart from beer I can't stand anything else. I'm guessing it's an acquired taste but I just don't feel it.

ChairmanFluffy:

I have no real problem with drugs but then again I have tried a couple of them. Coffee and cigarettes on a daily basis, alcohol weekly and weed a couple of times a year. Have also tried shrooms, mescaline, morning glory and baby woodrose, cocaine, ecstasy, amphetamine, Lsd and various legal stuff. am probably missing some stuff.

My list is half as long and twice as boring.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Mirtazapin.

Antidepressant. Yep, it works, it saps away the depression, but it also sucks away everything else. Motivation and the likes. So you just end up permanently feeling like you just got out of bed. Meh.

Got a doctors appointment soon, going to work out a plan on how to get off them without extreme withdrawal symptoms then. Whats the point in not feeling depressed if you cant feel happy either?

Good luck. I know how horrible anti depressants can be sometimes, not from personal experience but that's for another thread.

I'll tell you what brothers, I've been around the block. Crack, Heroin, Psychadelics, I done it all. I currently have perscriptions to Oxycodone and Oxycontin, and have given up everything, including pot/drinking, because I'm trying to be a good Dad/Husband.

Anyways, I take a real lax view of drugs. Our prisons are filling up and we're spending too much money trying to criminalize users.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked