Right-Wing Site Declares Bronies a Threat to American Manhood

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Skeleon:

theonewhois3:
I had thought the greatest threat to manhood was a very sharp knife. Turns out it's a cartoon.

It's a cartoon with pastel-coloured animals. Now imagine the horror of a very pastel-coloured, very sharp knife. Instant tele-castration.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Piece-Pastel-Coloured-Non-stick-Knife/dp/B004XSRGSO

The horror, we must alert the media post-haste!

Mathak:

Tanner The Monotone:

Godavari:

And that's a problem?

It scares me.....

Perhaps a nice hug will make you feel better?

......yes.

Tanner The Monotone:

Mathak:

Tanner The Monotone:

It scares me.....

Perhaps a nice hug will make you feel better?

......yes.

*hug*

Duuude! You call Friendship is magic unmanly? My ass! It's so fucking manly i turn into a young Marlon Brando whenever i watch it? I mean, just fucking watch the first two episode! It's about a badass team of ponies defeating an evil godess who want to bring eternal night to the world of Equestria! Ain't that fucking Metal? Oh and remember Dragonshy? When Fluttershy get's serious even a giant ass dragon is afraid of her... and she's the nicest of those awesome ponies! And remember when Rainbow Dash flew so fast she gave all of her friends puberty? Yeah, i'm sure some lame-ass "action" hero like Schwarzenegger couldn't do that! Hell yeah! And now i'm off to do manly things like defeating an evil gang of extremist Nazi-Communists at their secret underwater base, find a way to grow a beard on my beard and have lots of sex with people!

orangeban:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Piece-Pastel-Coloured-Non-stick-Knife/dp/B004XSRGSO

The horror, we must alert the media post-haste!

Oh no! I think my testicles just dropped. And I don't mean into my scrotum, I mean onto the floor.

I agree with the guy in some respects, but it ain't cool to be a dick to people. Let them enjoy it if they want to. It's just a cartoon.

Hilariously, the comments section of the anti-Brony article is about 90% pro-Brony. Pretty much every argument against it here is in there as well.

Tyler Perry:

tstorm823:

Tyler Perry:

What a fucking moron. Of COURSE it's done ironically.

I wouldn't say that. Bronies are aware of the irony, but that doesn't make irony the motivation... The show is genuinely entertaining.

It's not; it's really fucking awful.

Because your opinion on the show influences other's reasons for watching it.

Lilani:

Tyler Perry:

tstorm823:

I wouldn't say that. Bronies are aware of the irony, but that doesn't make irony the motivation... The show is genuinely entertaining.

It's not; it's really fucking awful.

Because your opinion on the show influences other's reasons for watching it.

I never claimed it did.

Tyler Perry:
I never claimed it did.

Here is what I saw:

Tstorm gives a personal testimony that bronies are aware of the irony, but they like the show for its entertainment and not for that irony.

Then you retort with your own opinion of the show.

You haven't done anything to prove your claim that most bronies are in it purely for the irony, which is exactly what you said that started that whole exchange.

Lilani:

Tyler Perry:
I never claimed it did.

Here is what I saw:

Tstorm gives a personal testimony that bronies are aware of the irony, but they like the show for its entertainment and not for that irony.

Then you retort with your own opinion of the show.

You haven't done anything to prove your claim that most bronies are in it purely for the irony, which is exactly what you said that started that whole exchange.

It's not a particularly provable hypothesis either way. It's called an "opinion."

Tyler Perry:
It's not a particularly provable hypothesis either way. It's called an "opinion."

Except you were presenting your opinion as fact, which is what got on my nerves. You can quantify the number of bronies who are in it purely for the irony. You were arguing that the guy's numbers were off. You started out arguing a fact, not an opinion.

Lilani:

Tyler Perry:

Except you were presenting your opinion as fact, which is what got on my nerves. You can quantify the number of bronies who are in it purely for the irony. You were arguing that the guy's numbers were off. You started out arguing a fact, not an opinion.

/sigh

What is this, "Tell Tyler Perry How To Post" Day?

How, exactly, would one "quantify the number of bronies who are in it purely for the irony"? And furthermore, who really gives a shit? This whole conversation is pointless.

Thanks, Breitbart!

Tyler Perry:

Lilani:

Tyler Perry:

/sigh

What is this, "Tell Tyler Perry How To Post" Day?

How, exactly, would one "quantify the number of bronies who are in it purely for the irony"? And furthermore, who really gives a shit? This whole conversation is pointless.

Thanks, Breitbart!

Yeah, it is pretty pointless, but hey we're still going right?

I guess the reason I'm so defensive is because I have friends on all fronts of all sorts, most IRL and a few online, who all like MLP for non-ironic reasons. All you have to do is get to know a few bronies to see that. So every time I see somebody who thinks they've just got them all pinned as satirical trolls I know they really don't know what they're talking about. And that sort of operating on assumption is extremely frustrating to me. I don't see why people even bother commenting on these things if all they are effectively doing is spouting negativity over something they clearly know nothing about and blatantly plan on never knowing anything about. It's spreading negativity for the sake of spreading negativity. Yes this is a highly pointless situation to even be worried about such thinking, but we don't condone it in any other situation so why should we condone it when talking about ponies?

Tyler Perry:

Sure it's dis/provable. Ask a bunch of fans.

And even if they are in it for 'irony', it's probably a mere TIER ONE IRONIC GESTURE, which is only a small step removed from actual sincerity.

Hey guys just a middle aged man here playing with kids toys. Sup?

Lets just hope fans of MLP:FiM (Bronies sounds stupid) don't take the bait and prove to this guy they get offended by being called "sissies"...

Oh wait, I hope they do take the bait because it would be hilarous!
That said, nothing wrong with watching a kids show, I'm 18 and I love adventure time and would gladly watch cartoons from my childhood (watched Ed Edd n Eddy a few weeks ago) I think it has mostly to do that MLP is a show about ponies and looks very feminine.

Right Wingers are asleep- post ponies!

TizzytheTormentor:
That said, nothing wrong with watching a kids show, I'm 18 and I love adventure time and would gladly watch cartoons from my childhood (watched Ed Edd n Eddy a few weeks ago) I think it has mostly to do that MLP is a show about ponies and looks very feminine.

I'm still holding out hope for a boxed set of Rocko's Modern Life. Honestly, I'm surprised the rusty dildo who wrote the article didn't try to connect Rainbow Dash to the "gay agenda" like every other reactionary moron. Still, considering what he spouted off instead, it's kind of a lateral move.

Tanner The Monotone:

IWCAS:
I sense a closet brony.

........no.

It's 3:05

nyttyn:
I don't get it.
How is this a thing.
Am I being trolled? Is this a troll site?
Gods above forbid, is he actually serious?

Not trolling, this is reality, albeit he's taking it a bit too far.
Bronies are a trend that didn't start because My Little Pony is about rainbow coloured ponies, they're into it for apparent tongue-in-cheek humour that kids don't get. So basically for the same reasons a grown man may watch spongebob or ren and stimpy.

That's just what we needed, another excuse for bronies to label anyone annoyed by them as raging right-wing nutjobs.

Seriously, guys like this are making me look bad, and that's terrible!

Naheal:
Well, at least he's not directing his ire at teh gayz.

By extension, he is. Ponies are feminine. If men like it, they aren't men, but women instead, which is just so horrible. Gay men are always considered 'feminine' no matter what.

Anyways, surely this is a joke. This won't discourage anyone from watching MLP. In fact, it just makes them look better than him.

Oh, sorry. I'm too busy laughing at him to actually discuss his points.

Oh wait, I think I responded to this thread months back?

ARISE THREAD ARIIIIIIIIIIISE!!!

Anyways... Er... I think I already said all I had to say a few pages back...

Well, I guess men liking little glittery pastel coloured toy ponies does challenge traditional boundaries for what men can do while still being perceived as masculine.

Don't see why that'd be a problem though, guess it's yet another social engineering thing.

For something so awesome and manly rarr, there seem to be a lot of things around that can threaten the very existence of American Manhood (tm). What a bunch of pansies! ;)

Edit: Arsebiscuits, necrothread. Carry on.

I've never been even remotely interested in this phenomenon, but after reading that article....now I'm kind of curious. Maybe it's a kind of "enemy of my enemy is my friend" kind of deal, but if right-wing fuckfaces are that against Ponies, they can't be all bad, can they?

EDIT: Also, what kind of pathetic douchbag brings Afghanistan into something like that? Are we supposed to feel guilty if our hobbies aren't noble enough for the soldiers over there? Fuck that guy.

everythingbeeps:
I've never been even remotely interested in this phenomenon, but after reading that article....now I'm kind of curious. Maybe it's a kind of "enemy of my enemy is my friend" kind of deal, but if right-wing fuckfaces are that against Ponies, they can't be all bad, can they?

Pretty much...It's similar to many things a lot of people hate like Call of Duty players and the PC gamers, the majority are nice, respectable members of society (and this website), it's just the assholes are the ones getting all the attention and setting what defines a fan of them. In some ways we're just a regular fanbase, the only difference being is it has appealed to both genders, which, surprisingly, was the intention of Lauren Faust who wanted the show to appeal to girls and their parents, males included.

The right wing in America, no offence to you guys if your American, hate anything that threatens what has already been established as the 'norm'. They just want it their way and nothing else, with the pony phenomenem they see it as a threat to their values.

Again, whatever you make of us Bronies, we don't all fall under the stereotype, some do others don't.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked