Is the Republican Party dying?
Yes
47.1% (65)
47.1% (65)
No
52.9% (73)
52.9% (73)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Is the Republican Party "Dying"? Will it "Die" Sometime In The Near Future?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I thought this thread died along time ago? O well...

Fisher321:

Yeah, this thread has two one-hit wonders necro-ing this thread after google searching "republican party" and "dying."

11th result in list is this thread.

Well, at least the escapist has something besides "zero punctuation" driving "traffic." *shrugs*

xDarc:

Fisher321:

Yeah, this thread has two one-hit wonders necro-ing this thread after google searching "republican party" and "dying."

11th result in list is this thread.

Well, at least the escapist has something besides "zero punctuation" driving "traffic." *shrugs*

Actually 8th result now.

Got to admit, I feel a weird sort of pride because of it... >.>

The GOP is coming to another crossroads soon on what it wants to be. If it DOES decide to continue cowtowing to the Christian evangelical codgers, then yes, I'll say it's days are numbered. If it doesn't, it stands a fighting chance of remaining relevant.

I hope that they never die. Here in the UK, even when we're caught dead in the grip of Tory rule, we always have the comfort of being able to look over the pond and think to ourselves, "Well, at least we don't have Republicans".

It's not dead yet,but by the time that Obama's second term ends, the minorities will become the majority and any hope of the Republicans winning will have vanquished of the face of the earth

No, I believe they will instead become more moderate and not just anti-progressive.

I should hope not. Their insanity and extremism is the best hope for a world without capitalism.

Texas is projected to be blue in 10 years or so. The Republican Party would never win another presidential election if that happens.

Crossing my fingers and hoping it will die (and soon), but the cynical side of me says that there will always be traditionalists, conservatives and people who think that being disadvantaged in any way is entirely your own fault.

Hopefully it will.

They're an absolutely disgusting group of people.

GriffinStallion:
It's not dead yet,but by the time that Obama's second term ends, the minorities will become the majority and any hope of the Republicans winning will have vanquished of the face of the earth

Because as we know, there are no minority Republicans out there. I mean, c'mon, it's obvious that Ann Coulter, Ken Hamblin, Armstrong Williams, Denish D'Souza, and Clarence Thomas are all figments of our imagination!

The Republican Party won't die until both parties die. Or rather, if it dies, as precedent shows, another one will pop up. America is steeped in two party politics, and our entire way of politicking is based on it. It won't be gone for a while.

GunsmithKitten:

GriffinStallion:

Because as we know, there are no minority Republicans out there. I mean, c'mon, it's obvious that Ann Coulter, Ken Hamblin, Armstrong Williams, Denish D'Souza, and Clarence Thomas are all figments of our imagination!

If you were to look at the demographics maybe you would see that Mittens only did as good as he did, almost entirly because of his support from the whites. 93% of blacks voted Obama. And considering that whites currently have a lower fertility rate then the minorities and that Mexicans are pouring in from the South and Obama wants to make them citizens to further his lead. The Republicans haven't got much hope left unless extreme action is taken ASAP. As it is a two party system, a second party will inevitably rise, probably libertarians, but the Republicans are doomed.

GriffinStallion:

If you were to look at the demographics maybe you would see that Mittens only did as good as he did, almost entirly because of his support from the whites. 93% of blacks voted Obama.

Citation needed since 87% of percentages are made up on the spot with no basis.

And considering that whites currently have a lower fertility rate then the minorities and that Mexicans are pouring in from the South and Obama wants to make them citizens to further his lead. The Republicans haven't got much hope left unless extreme action is taken ASAP.

Considering your affection for the Third Reich, I can just imagine what many of those extreme actions are.

GunsmithKitten:

He was most likely referring to the 2012 CNN presidential exit polls. It's not a pretty picture for Republicans...

The Gentleman:

GunsmithKitten:

He was most likely referring to the 2012 CNN presidential exit polls. It's not a pretty picture for Republicans...

Well I'll be. At least going by that exit poll, anyway.

But as hard right as Griffin is, I doubt even the GOP would have been satisfactory for him.

GunsmithKitten:

GriffinStallion:

If you were to look at the demographics maybe you would see that Mittens only did as good as he did, almost entirly because of his support from the whites. 93% of blacks voted Obama.

And considering that whites currently have a lower fertility rate then the minorities and that Mexicans are pouring in from the South and Obama wants to make them citizens to further his lead. The Republicans haven't got much hope left unless extreme action is taken ASAP.

Considering your affection for the Third Reich, I can just imagine what many of those extreme actions are.

Citations provided
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2229225/Presidential-election-2012-Record-number-Hispanic-voters-head-polls.html
Also my means would be to kill two birds with one stone, evict all illegal aliens and give their jobs to the unemployed.

GriffinStallion:

GunsmithKitten:

GriffinStallion:

Citations provided
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2229225/Presidential-election-2012-Record-number-Hispanic-voters-head-polls.html
Also my means would be to kill two birds with one stone, evict all illegal aliens and give their jobs to the unemployed.

Someone already gave me the CNN poll you were referring to. No need to crow, you were correct on that number.

and please, you cite the Dailymail to me again, a publication that says that video games give kids cancer (and that you can cure cancer with shark blood) and I'll just have to ignore you on general principal.

GunsmithKitten:

Someone already gave me the CNN poll you were referring to. No need to crow, you were correct on that number.

and please, you cite the Dailymail to me again, a publication that says that video games give kids cancer (and that you can cure cancer with shark blood) and I'll just have to ignore you on general principal.

I actually didn't read the other posts before responding, and I have no intentions of quoting the daily mail, I only quoted it because it was the first one I could find.

Short Answer: Most likely

Slightly Longer Answer: Since the theme of the day is "Race", the Republicans' best bet at remaining relevant was to foster a solid voting block of Hispanic citizens to counter the solid African-American vote of the Dems. Since they dropped that ball in a fail that goes beyond description they're done for. . . or are they? After-all, the Democrats were the Party of the Confederacy, and were it not for the political chess-master moves of Kennedy and Johnson, they'd be the Confederate Party to this day. It's entirely possible for the Republicans to turn this around in the future by co-opting the fastest growing minority group in the country, but they wouldn't resemble the Republicans of today.

EDIT

GunsmithKitten:

I can't comment on the rest of them, but Ann Coulter is just in it for attention at best, and a proponent of repealing women's suffrage at worst.

The GOP seems to be closer and closer to a split everyday, they've started in fighting and David Brooks has suggested that the only way for Conservatives in the Northern and western states to continue to have an affect on national politics is to get rid of the baggage in the south. I've always said there are two options the GOP changes or they split. From the recent evidence it looks like many that dictate the policy for your average GOP voter is saying no to any new proposals, a minority in GOP are saying we should settle, and everyone else is waiting for dust to settle. The next couple months will be very telling to the future of the GOP.

No and No. So long as people continue to support the party it won't die out. Last time I checked, it's still one of the two major parties and its number far exceeded the next biggest party. I guess there could be some sort of mass exodus at some point but historically that's fairly unlikely to happen (major parties in the US have only changed a few times over the course of hundred of years and more or less can draw their origins back to the founding or near it). If there was sort of really good alternative, (not everyone is going to suddenly go Democrat because they don't like the Republican party) but none of the other parties seems to have gotten that kind of momentum yet. Maybe if one of those parties makes a big upswing, but then again that wouldn't really be the result of republicans failing so much as another party being better.

EDIT: also, I really hope this was a debate about US politics or I'm going to look like as ass but the OP mentions Bush so I assume its the US. (Do any other countries have a party that is called the republican party? I guess they would, republics are a popular form of government.)

C-Mag:
Speaking from Australia, I always thought that the Republicans would always be there, always showing the world how incredibly backwards the US could be sometimes. The thought that it could even decline in power, let alone go extinct, it boggles the mind!

LACKADAISY!!!!
Sorry, I had to do that. It deserves a lot more fans than it has.

OT: I have to agree. I'm Canadian and we have a conservative government but no one really takes Harper seriously anymore. Nobody likes him but he was better than Ignatieff (the opposing liberal leader), so much so that we have a third party opposition here!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked