Florida's election supervisors drop purge, Rick Scott may defy DOJ *UPDATED*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/15/florida-gov-flirts-with-death/

This story just got even dumber. "Our methods are so sound, I only got kicked off the voter rolls once!" - Rick Scott

Stagnant:

This story just got even dumber. "Our methods are so sound, I only got kicked off the voter rolls once!" - Rick Scott

All he's gotta do is drag this out through November, and he'll be well rewarded with a regular talk show on Fox News after his term is over.

Stagnant:

.....has anyone sane in Politics called him out on how stupid that statement is yet? Because its pretty goddamn stupid if true.

Stagnant:

Sorry, been away, Docs told not to get myself upset or even play games. Played Skyrim anyway. Read this thread and had to respond:

If you read your link, Scott later found it very easy to correct the situation.

So, bottom line:

There are millions of illegal votes on our rolls: dead people, multi-state registered, felons and illegal aliens. Even so, there is no reason to bother cleaning the rolls. Correct? Voter ID, way, way too difficult for some people. Might have to show some responsibility along with the right to vote. And churches... definitely a den to get voter fraud for their candidate, at least as likely as government employee union members.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/07/dems-cant-make-it-without-government-worker-unions/

No worries, this is FOX, so it cannot be right.

EDIT: Stagnant, you asked me if there is voter apathy and I answered yes, correct? What was your point?

Shaoken:

Stagnant:

.....has anyone sane in Politics called him out on how stupid that statement is yet? Because its pretty goddamn stupid if true.

It isn't a direct quote. It is, however, pretty much what it comes down to.

Gorfias:

Stagnant:

Sorry, been away, Docs told not to get myself upset or even play games. Played Skyrim anyway. Read this thread and had to respond:

If you read your link, Scott later found it very easy to correct the situation.

Yes. Because he had valid, up-to-date photo ID. Which, as I've pointed out, 11% of the country lacks.

There are millions of illegal votes on our rolls: dead people, multi-state registered, felons and illegal aliens. Even so, there is no reason to bother cleaning the rolls. Correct?

No, we never said that. Cleaning the voter rolls from time to time is indeed necessary. Rick Scott's method, however, purges more valid voters than invalid voters from the rolls. That's not okay.

Voter ID, way, way too difficult for some people. Might have to show some responsibility along with the right to vote.

Did you read a single post I made in this thread? Because if you did, you wouldn't be making this vapid, brainless point.

EDIT: Stagnant, you asked me if there is voter apathy and I answered yes, correct? What was your point?

People don't care enough to vote once. Let alone twice.

Stagnant:

My concern is that there is a democratic machine that, when short on votes, takes those legally on the rolls that never voted, and "votes" on their behalf. That is among the sort of thing I want curbed.

Gorfias:

Stagnant:

My concern is that there is a democratic machine that, when short on votes, takes those legally on the rolls that never voted, and "votes" on their behalf. That is among the sort of thing I want curbed.

My concern is that the tooth fairy is a republican, and when the republican party is losing, she magically jumps into ballot boxes and shreds democrat votes.

Bad jokes aside, I really have to wonder... Do you have any sense of self-awareness? Do you really have no idea how incredibly stupid that sounded?

Stagnant:
Did you read a single post I made in this thread?

You can always go and copy and paste from your previous posts, you know.

Stagnant:

Gorfias:

Stagnant:

My concern is that the tooth fairy is a republican, and when the republican party is losing, she magically jumps into ballot boxes and shreds democrat votes.

Bad jokes aside, I really have to wonder... Do you have any sense of self-awareness? Do you really have no idea how incredibly stupid that sounded?

Yep, nothing to see here. Do you know how corrupt you sound? Like you don't care about representative government, you just want your guy to win, no matter how illegitimately. You really need to re read what you post before you do so. Makes me think you'd prefer judges that hallucinate your personal preferences into law as well. Unworthy of the sacrifices so many have made for freedom and the right to representative government.

Gorfias:
Yep, nothing to see here. Do you know how corrupt you sound? Like you don't care about representative government, you just want your guy to win, no matter how illegitimately. You really need to re read what you post before you do so. Makes me think you'd prefer judges that hallucinate your personal preferences into law as well. Unworthy of the sacrifices so many have made for freedom and the right to representative government.

Oh, you didn't read a single post I made in this thread?

Good to know. ^_^

See, Gorfias, I could refute this steaming dog turd of a post. Hell, I could do so without even bothering to do more than copy and paste previous statements from my other thread. But here's the thing: with the last two or three posts, you've proven yourself to be completely insane. Like, Glenn Beck crossed with FreeRepublic.com with a hint of Alex Jones insane. You see a gigantic democratic conspiracy, ignore any evidence that contradicts it, and are absolutely convinced that by disenfranchising around 10% of all voters in this country, you are being a patriot. I'd get your eyes checked, and maybe your brain, if I were you.

Stagnant:

Gorfias:

Oh, you didn't read a single post I made in this thread?

Good to know. ^_^

I thought I've done a great job encapsulating your thoughts, for instance, that it is way, way too hard for some people to get photo ID. B.S.

I simply have not read, in your posts, a good defense against the need for common sense reforms to ensure our election process is secured. That leaves me with the impression that your true desire is that there not be fair, free, representative elections.

Anyone wanna take up the side of "Voter ID is a good idea" who isn't nuts and on my ignore list?

Wait what.

Sorry, I'm new here. All I see in this thread is one guy insisting that there is a "Democratic machine" that perpetuates voter fraud on a massive level by apparently making the dead rise from the grave and vote, and the fact that he doesn't have a shred of evidence to prove it and has been presented with numerous studies that refute it just makes him more sure it's happening. That's loco.

Donuthole:
Wait what.

Sorry, I'm new here. All I see in this thread is one guy insisting that there is a "Democratic machine" that perpetuates voter fraud on a massive level by apparently making the dead rise from the grave and vote, and the fact that he doesn't have a shred of evidence to prove it and has been presented with numerous studies that refute it just makes him more sure it's happening. That's loco.

He's a republican. They're the party of ideas, not facts. Fucking crazy ideas, from time to time, but hey, you get what you get.

Stagnant:

Donuthole:
Wait what.

He's a republican. They're the party of ideas, not facts. Fucking crazy ideas, from time to time, but hey, you get what you get.

As someone (I forget who) once put it, "the Republicans are the party of bad ideas and the Democrats are the party of no ideas."

Not entirely accurate--the right has had their share of "no idea" moments and the left has had some dumbfuck ideas too--but I think it aptly describes the current situation.

evilneko:

As someone (I forget who) once put it, "the Republicans are the party of bad ideas and the Democrats are the party of no ideas."

That would be Lewis Black. And yeah, it's a massive oversimplification; however, it's still funny as shit.

Stagnant:
Anyone wanna take up the side of "Voter ID is a good idea" who isn't nuts and on my ignore list?

Uhh, everyone should have some form of ID in any case, and yes, for voting too. As I said somewhere sometime, in Slovenia, two, sometimes three, forms of ID are valid; a state-issued ID card, a passport or a driver's license. Since your address is not on your driver's license, sometimes you can't use it as ID where that information is required. The first two are of course easy to come by, the third one you need to jump through a few hoops for, of course, since it serves another purpose.

Other than that, not having any form of ID is just plain silly, everyone should have one, who knows when you're in a situation that requires it. And, nobody should be forced to jump through hoops to get one, other from "get off your butt, fill out a from and arrange yourself some ID."

Stagnant:

devilsAdvocate = true;

Well as long as they do not have a cost, an idea that could be implemented would be to have to pass a basic exam that proves you have a basic understanding of the political system.

In Ireland we have a subject called CSPE, (Civil, Policital and Social Education if I remember correctly) in Secondary School. You could teach something like that, then have a simple test. Pass it and you get an ID.

Again, only food for thought.

"Voter fraud" is nothing but a ready-made excuse for Republicans when they lose elections, because there's no possibility at all that their ideas or messages just don't resonate with the American people. It has to be because those dirty Democrats cheated.

Ninjamedic:
In Ireland we have a subject called CSPE, (Civil, Policital and Social Education if I remember correctly) in Secondary School. You could teach something like that, then have a simple test. Pass it and you get an ID.

Um, that's a bit close to "agree with what the state tells you or you can't vote" for my liking. Who gets to decide what is taught?

Stagnant:

Um...oh, hang on.

You have shown that the current purge will cause more fraud than it prevents, that it will disproportionately affect people likely to vote for Democrats, and that this was probably intentional.

It seems that you haven't actually said why this is a bad thing, though.

thaluikhain:
It seems that you haven't actually said why this is a bad thing, though.

I would HOPE that would kind of go without saying, unless you feel that illegally disqualifying traditionally Democratic voters is a good thing.

thaluikhain:

Ninjamedic:

Um, that's a bit close to "agree with what the state tells you or you can't vote" for my liking. Who gets to decide what is taught?

Usally the books are written by a third party, but I agree.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked