Officially Sick of Jesus

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Well, not just him, but the whole saga of Judeo-Christian myth to be honest.

I don't need to explain why I'm sick of him (he's more overexposed than Lady Gaga), so instead I'll just take a moment to examine in detail why both he, and all tropes associated with him, are lame & cliche.

1. Jesus Himself

Jesus is a boring character. Simple as that. He's a guy whose every action is informed by supreme moral authority- meaning he literally can't do wrong. A character with no internal conflict of any kind is automatically boring. But it doesn't stop there. Not only is he always right, but his entire character arc consists of him taking it up the ass. He spends his entire lifetime knowing he's going to be betrayed tortured and murdered- all because it's on the divine agenda. IE: God/The Author says so, so you take the shaft. And you'll like it. Because it's "the right thing to do". Y'know, cause the best way to teach people that its wrong to be an asshole is by doing nothing to prevent it. After all, God's big gambit to teach man the error of his ways was a total success. After we finished nailing Jesus to a post we all learned our lesson and started being nice to one another. Oh wait...

2. God

Y'know one thing polytheistic religions automatically have going for them? Their gods tend to not be boring, because they have other gods to interact with. What makes Odin awesome isn't the fact that he's a supremely powerful being, it's the fact that he rides an eight legged super horse and spends his time kicking the shit out of *other* supremely powerful beings. Monotheistic religions don't have that going for them sadly, and by consequence their gods are lame & boring. Honestly, can anyone debate me on this one? The big cheese of Catholicism/Christianity's go to move is: appear to do nothing/not exist. And this is a guy who's power suite is supposed to be limitless.

3. Satan

This guy is fun in concept depending on how he's handled, but the stock Hollywood version of Satan? IE: the guy cast as whipping boy/archenemy for a supreme being? It's idiotic. A supreme being creating/tolerating something that pisses it off makes no sense.

Anyone else with me in wanting this whole family of tropes to go away for a while?

Wait isn't this on Gaming Discussion? What dose this have to do with video games?

Jesus is clearly a Gary Sue style character. Kinda by definition, really.

Yep, gotta agree with you there. I wish we (the western world) were still heathens. At least those gods were cool.

Out of the things you listed, Satan is the one thing I've actually seen depicted as an interesting character, like in Faust by Goethe: the trickster who gets people to make dumb bets with him for their souls, because he just loves to sow chaos and despair. At least the Devil actually does things occasionally!

Jesus was originaly made a martyr to inspire social change and depose of the established Jewish power. That movement was taken up by the Romans however and twisted into the typical religious "know your place" mentality. Telling a good story was never the intent, despite claims to it being "the greatest story ever told".

Monotheisim is boring? If you say so. When you talk about Odin you do realise that he is a copy of Jesus. It's no coincidence that Odin hung himself from the world tree.

The devil, as shown in OPs avatar is a creation to aid in control. Lucifer is the angel of light and knowledge. He's the embodyment of free thought: AKA the antithesis of organised religion. Hes suffered somewhat from a character assassination. The horny devil is traditionally Bayophett.

Djinn8:
Jesus was originaly made a martyr to inspire social change and depose of the established Jewish power. That movement was taken up by the Romans however and twisted into the typical religious "know your place" mentality. Telling a good story was never the intent, despite claims to it being "the greatest story ever told".

Monotheisim is boring? If you say so. When you talk about Odin you do realise that he is a copy of Jesus. It's no coincidence that Odin hung himself from the world tree.

The devil, as shown in OPs avatar is a creation to aid in control. Lucifer is the angel of light and knowledge. He's the embodyment of free thought: AKA the antithesis of organised religion. Hes suffered somewhat from a character assassination. The horny devil is traditionally Bayophett.

*Spits out his tea*

The other way around mate, Christians stole several holidays aswell as stories from Northern Mythology in order for them to prove to the northeners that not 'everything' they had been told by the shamans-now-turned-priests were lies. Just misunderstandings. Odin sacrificed himself 'wayyyy' before Constantin made it cool in Europe. (Not saying it was before year 0. Just saying it was quite a bit time before year 800)

I dont blame you though, anyone could make the mistake of thinking the Christians invented every single holiday in Christianity.

tstorm823:
1) Is crying blood in grief and terror of the upcoming death and torture not qualify as internal conflict? Does "Father, if it's really your will, I will go through with it, but please dear God change your mind" not an interesting enough conflict for you?

2) You know, if you want something a bit more entertaining, your local library has a fiction section.

3) And the only part of Christianity you enjoy is doctrine in absolutely zero Christian religions and was made up for fiction in the middle ages and later.

Great job.

Good thing he doesnt appear to be Christian. And what should Christians 'care' what nonchristians think about the entertainment value in a holy-book.

1) Is crying blood in grief and terror of the upcoming death and torture not qualify as internal conflict? Does "Father, if it's really your will, I will go through with it, but please dear God change your mind" not an interesting enough conflict for you?

2) You know, if you want something a bit more entertaining, your local library has a fiction section.

3) And the only part of Christianity you enjoy is doctrine in absolutely zero Christian religions and was made up for fiction in the middle ages and later.

Great job.

Oh, look! A flame-bait thread!

And how nice! Apparently the mods recognized it as flame-bait by moving it to this forum, but since it was anti-Christian they chose not to do what they should have done in the first place, which was delete the thread and warn the poster.

Because seriously, who gets away with posting a thread dedicated to a vague rant that the beliefs of a group of people are boring? Why should any of us care that you are sick of Jesus?

Nikolaz72:

*Spits out his tea*

The other way around mate, Christians stole several holidays aswell as stories from Northern Mythology in order for them to prove to the northeners that not 'everything' they had been told by the shamans-now-turned-priests were lies. Just misunderstandings. Odin sacrificed himself 'wayyyy' before Constantin made it cool in Europe. (Not saying it was before year 0. Just saying it was quite a bit time before year 800)

I dont blame you though, anyone could make the mistake of thinking the Christians invented every single holiday in Christianity.

I didn't mention anything about holidays, but yes you're right, religions do co-opt them. Why would they make up a new day when the old ones are already there.

The Bible as we know it today was created around 200AD, but there were Gosples floating around and been taken to all parts of the world since Jesus was alive. All but the most irrellevent cultures and sciences can be traced back to the middle-east. It's called the cradle of civilization for that very reason. You're thinking backwards if you belive that the advanced civilazations of the ancient world took their culture from the surrounding barbarians.

There are different forms of Odin you see. The Aesir Odin who with the aid of his pantheon conqured the frost giants and made the world from their bones. And the Odin inspired by the cultural revolution coming from the middle east. Here Odin is a man, not a god, but is directly tied to the pantheon, which is now reduced to a trinity (Odin, Thor, Freyr). That same influence can be seen in other religions of the time as they struggled to reinvent themselves.

Djinn8:
When you talk about Odin you do realise that he is a copy of Jesus.

Which again is a copy of!

Depressing that so many Christians don't know these things. Or even worse, do know them and still believe.

I really wish we could have the Roman religion back...

renegade7:

You mean Roman Catholicism? That's still doing pretty well.

Batou667:

renegade7:

You mean Roman Catholicism? That's still doing pretty well.

No, I mean the Roman Pantheon. You know, back when gods were actually cool. You piss off Zeus (Well to the Romans it was Iupiter, but still) you get a lightning bolt stuck in your ass, You piss off God, you just change your denomination to the variant of Christianity where he's okay with it.

I agree. I know some nice Christians, but the Bible itself is dreadfully boring, no matter how many zombie armies it raises or how many snakes Jesus blows up.

tstorm823:

Great job.

1. No, no it is not.

"Dad, do I have to?"
"Yes. I'll make it all better after."
"Aw. Ok."

2. If the Bible *ISN'T* fiction, than neither is Battlefield Earth.

3. I'm aware. There's a reason that I mock the bog standard Hollywood version. Largely because it makes absolutely no sense.

"The guy I put in cosmic time out with all his friends is actually in charge of the prison I put him in and spends his time trying to make sure it's full."

Zwuh?

The point of this thread is way way simple: Judeo-Christian storytelling tropes are BAD. And overused. So they should be kept out of pop culture. Lord knows PROMETHEUS would've been improved by miles if they were >.>

renegade7:

You can. And that's just the one I've got bookmarked. There are probably loads of others trying to reconstruct Roman polytheism.

Emiscary:
Lord knows PROMETHEUS would've been improved by miles if they were >.>

Did you even see Prometheus? If there were any religious tropes in there, I would say they were more in the vein of Gnostic movements that were declared heresies by Christians.

Rastelin:

Djinn8:

Depressing that so many Christians don't know these things. Or even worse, do know them and still believe.

Y'know that diagram's pretty handy for demonstrating the point I was *trying* to get across with the Odin comparison. Namely that he's miles more interesting.

Take a look at Horus as a point of comparison. A raptor headed god who became head of his pantheon (think divine parliament/congress) after his canine headed uncle *castrated his father and then chopped him into giblets*. Osiris then got the honor of becoming the first mummy when his wife put him back together. Sadly his manhood was not found however, so ruling the gods fell to his son Horus.

The story I just described is several orders of magnitude more interesting to read than:

He was born so he could die to make a point. Ineffectually. Let the record show he died a virgin.

Rastelin:

Djinn8:

and if you knew anything about those characters and those religions none of them are in any way like jesus and that is a serious form of ill-informed bullshit spread by the zeitgeist movement.

keiskay:

Rastelin:

Djinn8:

and if you knew anything about those characters and those religions none of them are in any way like jesus and that is a serious form of ill-informed bullshit spread by the zeitgeist movement.

Problem is though, almost all the tribal religions born in the east had similiar traits, hence the Odin arguement made earlier, the notion that the Barbaric Tribes copied their religions off of Christianity is stupid. But the idea that Christianity was original is... Even more stupid.

Nikolaz72:

keiskay:

Rastelin:

Problem is though, almost all the tribal religions born in the east had similiar traits, hence the Odin arguement made earlier, the notion that the Barbaric Tribes copied their religions off of Christianity is stupid. But the idea that Christianity was original is... Even more stupid.

do you have any sources backing it up then from you know good sites, and not a silly image as posted above.

Emiscary:

1. Jesus Himself

Jesus is a boring character. Simple as that. He's a guy whose every action is informed by supreme moral authority- meaning he literally can't do wrong. A character with no internal conflict of any kind is automatically boring. But it doesn't stop there. Not only is he always right, but his entire character arc consists of him taking it up the ass. He spends his entire lifetime knowing he's going to be betrayed tortured and murdered- all because it's on the divine agenda. IE: God/The Author says so, so you take the shaft. And you'll like it. Because it's "the right thing to do". Y'know, cause the best way to teach people that its wrong to be an asshole is by doing nothing to prevent it. After all, God's big gambit to teach man the error of his ways was a total success. After we finished nailing Jesus to a post we all learned our lesson and started being nice to one another. Oh wait...

Erm.....temptation by Satan in the wilderness, suffering in Gethsemane. Internal conflict to be found there, although it is a minority of the text, admittedly.

I've often wondered how seriously the notion of Jesus giving into Satan in the desert is taken by Christians. Was it actually a choice or not, etc.

As for the "divine agenda" of crucifixion, I suppose the setup does undermine itself somewhat, particularly when Paul says later on in the NT that it's wrong to sin to make Jesus' sacrifice more worthwhile.

2. God

Y'know one thing polytheistic religions automatically have going for them? Their gods tend to not be boring, because they have other gods to interact with. What makes Odin awesome isn't the fact that he's a supremely powerful being, it's the fact that he rides an eight legged super horse and spends his time kicking the shit out of *other* supremely powerful beings. Monotheistic religions don't have that going for them sadly, and by consequence their gods are lame & boring. Honestly, can anyone debate me on this one? The big cheese of Catholicism/Christianity's go to move is: appear to do nothing/not exist. And this is a guy who's power suite is supposed to be limitless.

That may be the apparent go-to move now, but there's plenty of ass-kicking in the OT. Leaving aside the questionable influencing of Pharaoh, you can't deny that the Exodus is pretty damn entertaining.

Polytheism strikes me more of holy governance by committee/arse-kicking, which hardly seems preferable.

3. Satan

This guy is fun in concept depending on how he's handled, but the stock Hollywood version of Satan? IE: the guy cast as whipping boy/archenemy for a supreme being? It's idiotic. A supreme being creating/tolerating something that pisses it off makes no sense.

Anyone else with me in wanting this whole family of tropes to go away for a while?

I find it interesting that Jesus says that the Pharisee's argument of "by the power of Satan he drives out demons" is rubbish, and yet John of Patmos wasn't tripping so hard that he couldn't figure out the plot device known as a double agent (antiChrist).

I don't necessarily want it to go away, but I'd agree that the Bible isn't the most thrilling bit of literature ever. What tires me are the people who are so enamoured with it that they extol as the greatest work ever written - it's influential, no doubt about it, but that's not so much because of the writing, it's because of the value people have imputed to it over time, and the social (often political) clout that goes with that.

Emiscary:

2. If the Bible *ISN'T* fiction, than neither is Battlefield Earth.

Fiction is in the method and intent, not the factual content. I'm positive there are mountains of things in history and science books (especially outdated ones) that you believe are notably incorrect, but we do not reassign their genre because of possible untruths. Whether or not the books are accurate, the intent was to describe a set of truths, events, beliefs, etc. The defining characteristic of fiction is that it is written from the imagination of the author.

I'm quite positive you'd agree that Battlefield Earth was written from the imagination of the author where the Bible was not. Whether or not the events in the Bible are real, they were not imagined by the person writing them down for the purpose of writing them. Collections of folklore or mythology are all classified as non-fiction; not to say the contained information is true, just to designate the way the information was generated.

Now go cry in a corner for making an arguement that silly.

The point of this thread is way way simple: Judeo-Christian storytelling tropes are BAD. And overused. So they should be kept out of pop culture. Lord knows PROMETHEUS would've been improved by miles if they were >.>

Well, I have not yet seen that movie, nor do I know much of it other than the trailer, but you're the one percieving the Jesus tropes. If you think they are overdone, you should be complaining about those making the entertainment being unimaginative, not about Jesus being boring.

You act as though if Jesus was half animal and had an evil twin to have boxing matches with, then movies that imitate it would be better, but

a) If you can stomach more movies of furry-twin boxing matches than movies of a hero/character, possibly of distinct birth, being a savior figure, than you have weird tastes and people are smart not to base their business model on you. Everything gets boring when repeated, and I don't see Jesus tropes as being particularly bad to repeat out of all the overused tropes.

b) None of this escapes the fact that you're the one seemingly obsessing over Jesus tropes. Jesus as a concept is clearly not going to change to be more interesting. I'm certain you're not silly enough to request religious doctrines adjust to make better entertainment, and you can't really blame Jesus for being related to a collection of oft-used plot elements. Perhaps you could just take a work of fiction at face value rather than complaining that there are possible connections to Jesus and asking the entertainment industry to stop using story devices that might be Jesus.

Oirish_Martin:
snip

On the 2nd point:

Yeah, the Old Testament involves alot of brutality- but it's God on Man violence. That's about the theological equivalent of an angry kid tormenting an anthill. It's not real conflict because one side is (literally) powerless.

Polytheistic asskicking involves supreme beings killing each other. Or just being swallowed up by the jaws of infinity (as typically personified by gargantuan & impossibly ancient monsters). There's actual struggle involved because they're still operating on *a* playing field.

That's what makes it more interesting.

Funny image.

Mithras:
Not born of a virgin.
Has nothing to do with the 25th of december, and certainly wouldn't have any kind of celebration on that day, since it was a SECRET CULT.
He did not have 12 disciples. The Iranian version had one helper, the Roman version often had two. Neither of these numbers are 12.
He performed miracles? Wow. If he didn't he wouldn't have been worshipped, so no. Pointless.
There is no reference or citation you will find on Mithras' death, let alone him being resurrected.

Dionysus:
His father was Zeus, so, no. Not son of a virgin.

What is all this crap about the 25h of december, anyway?
Jesus' birthdate had only been set in the 4th century. The bible never actually mentioned the date of his birth, so a Roman scholar studied it and said that it might've been around the 25th of December. In the Eastern part of Rome, however, 6th of january was a more popular date. It didn't matter to these people WHEN jesus was born - they didn't know. They choose an arbitrary date to celebrate his birth.

keiskay:

Nikolaz72:

keiskay:

do you have any sources backing it up then from you know good sites, and not a silly image as posted above.

*sigh* Forgive me I do not have a source. I read of it off a set of historybooks with 21 binds that were written from 50's-70's by some Scandinavians. They are quite accurate but due to the time they were written the sources 'they' point to are actual books aswell and as such I can hand you no links. Googling it has found me having no luck due to the spam-christian forums flaming Middle-eastern copycats (Different Christian sects)

So trust me or do not. I read it from books and have no easy links, and since I doubt an American reads any sort of Scandinavian language I can probably not point you to the written work, that being said.

Its arrogant to think that the Bible was anything but a gathering of old folks-tales written down and changed a bit. It is easy to think that since the Bible was a collection of theese hand'me'downs through stories told to the next generation those stories could have been used in other religions (As seen with Jeudaism/Christianity and Islam) and hence the similarities. Some of the stories used in the bible could -very well- be from the gods in the pictures shown above. However I cannot say that I have any sort of authority on the subject so you can just take my word for what it is.

If you are a devout Christian I guess being told that the Bible is a series of written works made over hundreds-thousands of years might seem insulting, but I did not mean to offend. If you do need a pointer instead of searching for religions based on Christianity try and search for Tribal Religions and their relation and similiarities to Christianity. Especcialy tribal religions popular at the time.

TheBelgianGuy:
Funny image.

Mithras:
Not born of a virgin.
Has nothing to do with the 25th of december, and certainly wouldn't have any kind of celebration on that day, since it was a SECRET CULT.

Secret cults have meetings too, y'know.

TheBelgianGuy:

What is all this crap about the 25h of december, anyway?
Jesus' birthdate had only been set in the 4th century. The bible never actually mentioned the date of his birth, so a Roman scholar studied it and said that it might've been around the 25th of December. In the Eastern part of Rome, however, 6th of january was a more popular date. It didn't matter to these people WHEN jesus was born - they didn't know. They choose an arbitrary date to celebrate his birth.

Way I heard it, it was Roman Christians trying to co-opt the existing holiday of Saturnalia so new converts could whoop it up when they were used to.

tstorm823:
snip

Yowza.

So lemme get this straight, you define fiction as:

Anything produced from the author's imagination.

And non-fiction as:

Everything that's ever been written with the intent to be taken seriously.

Then go on to claim that Battlefield Earth is obviously fiction (because it was made up, even though it was meant to be taken literally...), and that the Bible is obviously non-fiction (because it was made up... with the intent to be sincerely believed).

Oh, and collections of folklore & mythology are most assuredly not always classified as non-fiction. Since when would an anthology of vampire myths be right next to "The Expansion of the Roman Empire"?

And I don't actually need to bother addressing any argument that starts with:

"Well, I don't know what you're talking about, BUT-"

So I'll leave off there.

keiskay:

You mean like the Christian holidays like Christmas and Easter to name some that were directly snatched from pagan rituals. No ill-informed bullshit there. The Horus vs Jesus comparison are the most used.

For the informed it is no secrete that Christianity have "borrowed" from pagan religions and presented it as it's own. There was an English professor having a lecture on it. Will see if I can find it. Lots of interesting stuff regarding the issue.

This just makes one wonder how much of the Bible the Christians stole and plagiarized from other earlier religions to force Christianity into the driver's seat. The way I see it, it is a bastard religion.

Rastelin:

Djinn8:

Okay, just looking at the obvious... how the hell was Dionysus born of a virgin? Do you have any kind of intellectual standards at all? Did you even check ANY of it, or did you just see this image, think "Oh I hate Christianity it must be true"?

Going from the almighty Wikipedia:

Emiscary:

Yowza.

So lemme get this straight, you define fiction as:

Anything produced from the author's imagination.

"Fiction is the form of any narrative or informative work that deals, in part or in whole, with information or events that are not factual, but rather, imaginary-that is, invented by the author."

And non-fiction as:

Everything that's ever been written with the intent to be taken seriously.

"Non-fiction (or nonfiction) is the form of any narrative, account, or other communicative work whose assertions and descriptions are understood to be factual. This presentation may be accurate or not-that is, it can give either a true or a false account of the subject in question-however, it is generally assumed that authors of such accounts believe them to be truthful at the time of their composition or, at least, pose them to their audience as historically or empirically true."

So yes, and apparently I'm not alone.

Do you believe that Hubbard believed that Battlefield Earth was a factual account at the time? Do you think he thought he was accounting for true events from the year 3000 AD?

Continue crying in your corner, please.

And I don't actually need to bother addressing any argument that starts with:

"Well, I don't know what you're talking about, BUT-"

So I'll leave off there.

So, you're one of those people who's not actually interested in a conversation.

Putting it directly, you cannot possibly think that it's reasonable to ignore what I said because I haven't seen Prometheus. You are complaining about the over-prevalence of Jesus tropes. If seeing that one movie was a pre-requisite for being in the conversation, you would clearly have nothing at all to complain about in the first place, as that would have to be the only movie that fits that description.

Since I know that's not a real response, it either means you're just trying to avoid the conversation or trying to pick at something that makes you think that you win. Either way, you're really quite boring.

It seems to me you're just here to waste people's time.

If you don't want to hear about Jesus, wouldn't the first step be, and bear with me here because there's some really complex thought processes involved, to not bring him up. Seriously, your thought process seems to be, "I'm sick of hearing about Jesus. Solution: talk about Jesus." But since you brought it up, I might as well take a look at what you have to say.

1. Jesus has all that character development from when he was younger, and that whole tempted by the devil thing, and the times he gets pissed off with people to make him interesting. Mr. Perfect Man he was not.

2. I'm pretty sure God does appear to people and kick some ass on a fairly regular basis, at least in the OT, and pop culture, since that seems to be something you're also aiming your ire at.

3. Isn't Satan more of a fallen angel type of character? You know, tragic rather than evil. And I'm pretty sure the stock Hollywood version is Flaming Badass of Doom, not whipping boy.

DJjaffacake:
If you don't want to hear about Jesus, wouldn't the first step be, and bear with me here because there's some really complex thought processes involved, to not bring him up. Seriously, your thought process seems to be, "I'm sick of hearing about Jesus. Solution: talk about Jesus." But since you brought it up, I might as well take a look at what you have to say.

1. Jesus has all that character development from when he was younger, and that whole tempted by the devil thing, and the times he gets pissed off with people to make him interesting. Mr. Perfect Man he was not.

2. I'm pretty sure God does appear to people and kick some ass on a fairly regular basis, at least in the OT, and pop culture, since that seems to be something you're also aiming your ire at.

3. Isn't Satan more of a fallen angel type of character? You know, tragic rather than evil. And I'm pretty sure the stock Hollywood version is Flaming Badass of Doom, not whipping boy.

Seeing representations of/metaphors for Jesus, there's a difference. My thought process is more:

"This annoys me. Let's vent."

Beats the hell out of me why people take that as an invitation to take part in amateur psychoanalysis, but I digress.

1. That's the only example anyone's readily able to offer, and the whole PERFECT AT ALL TIMES ALWAYS thing is prettymuch the image put forth by the man's fans. Hence: "What would Jesus do?" (One of the most singularly stupid sayings in history. But South Park's already explained that one for me.)

2. Even in the old testament, he doesn't do fuck all for himself. All of his "wrath" typically manifests as unpleasant weather. And in pop culture everyone agrees that God hasn't done fuck all since the invention of electronic record keeping. (Save a few scattered reports of some correlation between legalizing homosexual marriage and rises in barometric pressure.)

3. Nobody ever portrays Satan as a tragic character- with the notable exception of Anne Rice. And the stock Hollywood version is a whipping boy because he's a flaming badass of doom who gets to lose in conflict to an old guy with a purple scarf. Every fracking time. Satan's fucked no matter what anyway- because he's in conflict with a being that's infinitely more powerful than he is. Anything he does is basically just a kid throwing a tantrum until his dad gets tired of putting up with him.

Katatori-kun:

And how nice! Apparently the mods recognized it as flame-bait by moving it to this forum, but since it was anti-Christian they chose not to do what they should have done in the first place, which was delete the thread and warn the poster.

Because seriously, who gets away with posting a thread dedicated to a vague rant that the beliefs of a group of people are boring? Why should any of us care that you are sick of Jesus?

Oh!

Katatori doesn't care about it, mods please delete!

I'm pretty sure they moved it to this forum because it's about a religion, not because it's flamebait. I'm pretty sure they didn't delete the thread and warn the poster because there isn't an especially compelling difference between finding Christianity boring and disliking the ending of Mass Effect 3.

Seanchaidh:

Katatori-kun:

Oh!

Katatori doesn't care about it, mods please delete!

I'm pretty sure they moved it to this forum because it's about a religion, not because it's flamebait. I'm pretty sure they didn't delete the thread and warn the poster because there isn't an especially compelling difference between finding Christianity boring and disliking the ending of Mass Effect 3.

I can see why it was moved, but considering I'm bored of Christianity as its represented in pop culture I'd say it's fair game to post it just about anywhere.

"The Maker" and his prophet "Andraste" in Dragon Age are exactly as tired & dull as any other representation of Christianity.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked