I need to reaserch the cannabis plant before i vote yes
8.5% (5)
8.5% (5)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Colorado,Washington,Oregon voting to legalize marijuana

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

generals3:

Bubba Jones:

exactly what i was saying, reaserch it. the above studies or crap, to much info out there that debunks them. All you have to do is take some time and really look in to it, but you want becouse your mind is closed to it and you dont care,and it doesnt matter, prohibition is falling apart come nov 6, i have known this for 4 years now. prohibitionist are a minority now. And im not here to argue with the minority,im just here to study the election.

The Washington poll is a 23 point lead of 524 likely voters taken from 700 registerd
voters. prop 19 best was 16 points.

Give me peer reviewed studies from trustworthy sources "debunking" what is commonly proven and accepted and we'll talk. Or maybe you can detail why those studies were crap. What did they do wrong? What's the point of studies if they get automatically rejected by people who don't want to accept the results.

Im not trying to be rude but i dont care to spend my time posting links when you can find the same info with a quick search. i have had thousands of the same coversation we are having right now, i use to think exactley like you, i thought there was a bunch of crazy "potheads" running around. it took me years to learn the truth. The truth is out there. open your mind and let it set you free.

Bubba Jones:

Im not trying to be rude but i dont care to spend my time posting links when you can find the same info with a quick search. i have had thousands of the same coversation we are having right now, i use to think exactley like you, i thought there was a bunch of crazy "potheads" running around. it took me years to learn the truth. The truth is out there. open your mind and let it set you free.

That's what a witness of Jehova told me once. The problem is that when i do my research is that i always come up with the same. The only way that i can see myself finding opposite results is if i go out of my way ignoring the incriminating evidence and only look at what the pro-weed have to say.

And until "i see the truth" i'll keep on trusting doctors and peer reviewed studies.

generals3:

Bubba Jones:

That's what a witness of Jehova told me once. The problem is that when i do my research is that i always come up with the same. The only way that i can see myself finding opposite results is if i go out of my way ignoring the incriminating evidence and only look at what the pro-weed have to say.

And until "i see the truth" i'll keep on trusting doctors and peer reviewed studies.

There is alot of doctors that say marijuana is good. But im going to leave it here. i use to say the same things your saying. I know where this is going and i dont want to keep going around in that circle.You have a good one. Im going to turn on the ps3 and play some mortal kombat now.

Bubba Jones:

maddawg IAJI:

Bubba Jones:
Instead of replying to a lot of different post ill make one. marijuana is good for you period. before you post negative replies reaserch the plant. Why would you want to post something on what you have been told,without doing some reaserch on the the subject first.
back on topic,new poll for Washington shows 57% yes :)

No drug has ONLY beneficial properties for you. For example, long-term use of Marijuana can lead to developing Anxiety, Psychosis and and depression
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC539839/
http://www.bmj.com//content/325/7374/1195.1?variant=full-text&maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=1&author1=Patton&author2=Coffey&title=Cannabis%20Cohort&andorexacttitle=and&andorexacttitleabs=and&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&fdate=1/1/2000&tdate=3/31/2006&resourcetype=HWCIT

That said, keep in mind mate, Proposition 19 was also ahead in voter polls before failing in 2010. Polls are not an accurate representation on how certain things will go. Largely because most of the people partaking in the polls don't actually go and vote.

exactly what i was saying, reaserch it. the above studies or crap, to much info out there that debunks them. All you have to do is take some time and really look in to it, but you want becouse your mind is closed to it and you dont care,and it doesnt matter, prohibition is falling apart come nov 6, i have known this for 4 years now. prohibitionist are a minority now. And im not here to argue with the minority,im just here to study the election.

The Washington poll is a 23 point lead of 524 likely voters taken from 700 registerd
voters. prop 19 best was 16 points.

1).....Did you...Did you not just read the links I posted? You don't even know what they are since you can't tell if they're studies or not. You probably didn't even click on them! Those are two credible sources, both of whom have found a link between smoking of cannabis and developing mental illnesses. I did what you told us to do, I did some research and I posted my findings which come from credibly psychologist (the first from Germany, the other from Australia) and both came to the same conclusion, that smoking cannabis has lead to an increase of mental illnesses among their test subjects. You'd know that if you actually read it. So here's some food for though, why don't YOU stop being close minded and learn to look at an argument from both the positive and the negative sides, because right now, you're just being hypocritical.

2) I'll say it again, because again, you didn't listen. A large chunk of survey takers most likely will not vote because voter turnout is fairly low in this country, especially among young voters. In fact, based on this graph by the census bureau http://www.census.gov/prod/2010pubs/p20-562.pdf
You can expect about 10% to not actually show up.

1).....Did you...Did you not just read the links I posted? You don't even know what they are since you can't tell if they're studies or not. You probably didn't even click on them! Those are two credible sources, both of whom have found a link between smoking of cannabis and developing mental illnesses. I did what you told us to do, I did some research and I posted my findings which come from credibly psychologist (the first from Germany, the other from Australia) and both came to the same conclusion, that smoking cannabis has lead to an increase of mental illnesses among their test subjects. You'd know that if you actually read it. So here's some food for though, why don't YOU stop being close minded and learn to look at an argument from both the positive and the negative sides, because right now, you're just being hypocritical.

2) I'll say it again, because again, you didn't listen. A large chunk of survey takers most likely will not vote because voter turnout is fairly low in this country, especially among young voters. In fact, based on this graph by the census bureau http://www.census.gov/prod/2010pubs/p20-562.pdf
You can expect about 10% to not actually show up.[/quote]

1).....Yes i looked at them,and i dont care. Ive been studing the cannabis plant for the past 18 years.

2)..... Thanks for the election link.

Bubba Jones:

You can expect about 10% to not actually show up.

1).....Yes i looked at them,and i dont care. Ive been studing the cannabis plant for the past 18 years.

2)..... Thanks for the election link.[/quote]

So you admit to being in denial in regards to the possible negative aspects of the plant. That's good to know as that kinda proves my point from earlier, that you're just in denial in your right. If you're not capable of recognizing or finding evidence that disproves my own evidence, then you're clearly not the best one suited for debating the topic.

Bubba Jones:

generals3:

Bubba Jones:

There is alot of doctors that say marijuana is good. But im going to leave it here. i use to say the same things your saying. I know where this is going and i dont want to keep going around in that circle.You have a good one. Im going to turn on the ps3 and play some mortal kombat now.

dude, cannabis has it's downsides. You can't really deny this. I've smoked pretty much every day for a number of years, and I've smoked on and off for a whole bunch more years. I've sold it to more people than i could care to remember and I've been involved in weed smoking social circles since i was 12-13. By all accounts I'm a pretty huge supporter of cannabis and it's legalization, and even i will say it has it's down sides. By claiming cannabis is blanket "good" you're willfully blinding yourself to the facts of the matter and in the process making us all look bad.

I don't want to seem patronizing, but give it a few more years of smoking/being around smokers and you'll probably come to the conclusion that weed isn't always a good thing.

Cannabis has its downfalls and its benefits..... but really it is more about FREEE WILL .... the government should not be able to tell us what we can and can not put into our bodies. Noone even commented on my post.... pretty straight forward facts... I will list organizations that have recognized cannabis as having beneficial effects. and those studies listed are totally bias.... how can you say individuals are more likely to have psychosis because they smoke pot.... maybe they smoke pot because they have unresolved emotional and mental disorders and has led them to cover up their problems through escape.... they coudl do that with anything.... hell they can buy a can of gas and huff that..... anyhow more info for you and a repost for those who totally ignored the one before..... time to wake up people.
http://norml.org/component/zoo/item/quick-reference?category_id=734 here is a long ass list for the use of medicinal cannabis. I will repeat I have been smoking for nearly 20 years and have a great life..... but I also deal with my emotional problems... many people who use cannabis probably do not. Still governmenet should not control people... it is bullshit and not only do they try to control them they throw them in jail when they are not even being violent..... go figure.... "War on Drugs" is failed policy like it or not. How about the 100's of police raids on people in their homes.... dude got shot over some weed in his house??????? You can say oh he shouldn;t have had weed and I would say oh the police should not be breaking down doors and shooting people.... IN THEIR HOMES..... maybe one of your family members has a joint in your house and they come and shoot you....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V--tz3IMCY4 this child is probably more tramautized by this than anything that cannabis ever did to that family.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cSfOBPlY2n0 .... This guy was in the wrong??? he was standing in his hallway with what looks liek a 9 iron.... I guess that is illegal???? Or maybe this child deserved to die when the police threw a grenade in the house???? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK6ROnLZuds ... bottom line don;t be douchebags.

As I posted before........
Reality is the governement has put out all kinds of bullshit propaganda in order to get people to believe these lies..... the question is who benefits the most from keeping cannabis illegal? 1) Big Pharma 2) Prison system 3) Drug testing business 4) Alcohol companies also companies like lumber mills will get screwed cause hemp is much better for creating paper as it is easier to grow and contains a larger amount of necessary proponents than trees which take forever to grow. Not to mention the vast majority of other products that can be made from hemp. One major reason marijuana was made illegal was because during the war the hippy movement was greatly opposed to Nixon and the war and what better way to get them off his lawn and protesting then to make there recreational activities illegal ( makes logical sense right)Makes you wonder why Cannabis was classified as being more harmful than cocaine. Not to mention it has prejudice and racist backbone as we can see in the local prison systems. (marijuana apparently caused white women to have sexual relations with black men) The majority of drug arrests for the "War on Drugs" is black and latins. Not to mention..... CIA has been known for supplying drugs to the U.S. population..... I have seen video footage of individuals within law enforcement who have stood up and stated these facts to politicioans in the past. Who is to say they are not still doing this in a more "legal" way through Big Pharma? Big Pharma and beer companies pay big money to keep cannbis off the streets.... Anhesier Bush in my state of Ohio they pay for the helicopters trying to find the cannabis fields this year. http://articles.businessinsider.com/2010-09-17/news/30056817_1_marijuana-legalization-california-budget-prop They put money against prop 19 ... I wonder why? Beer corporations know people will prefer a natural drug over their crap drug.

And do not give me some crap about how cannabis is illegal because it is bad for you... it is bullshit. Do a simple search of medical entities that have recognized cannabis as being beneficial in regards to health..... and even if you want to use the old... smoking is bad for you crap.... you do not need to use cannabis in a smoking fashion... you can cook with it and you can use vaporizers and topical solutions. Sigh..... educate yourself and stop buying in to everything the governement says.... 40 years ago they would tell you if you smoke pot you would go crazy and die. Well guess what I been smoking off and on for 20 years and I am finishing my Masters in Business Administration with a focus in International Business... currently holding a 3.6 GPA. I live in Brazil.... have a dream girlfriend brazillian beauty and a wonderful life ahead of me and yes that will include cannabis. Point is Cannabis DOES NOT ruin your life ..... lack of education does and the government does a much better job at ruining your life with the Spreading of lies.... seperating families.... basically controlling individuals any way they can in order to fill their pockets with money. Fact.... cannabis use will continue to increase..... Fact.... nothing the governement can do about it .... You are welcome to continue to believe the lies the government spews but it is much more difficult for them to keep people in the dark with the vast amount of access we have through the internet for information.... oh I am sure they will want to regulate that as well... control is the word of the day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IueIgHiwtfg and if you want to actually be intelligent on the subject.... you can watch this. If you do not know the history then you are just a mindless robot spewing garbage. the government shoudl NEVER be able to tell us what we can and can not put into our own bodies.... unless the government ownes your body.... I personally will tell them to F*** off

I bet none of you watched the video on the history of the government and how it all came to be the way it is now.

generals3:
Why can't i vote "it should never become legal"

generals3:

Lilani:

The problem with marijuana remaining illegal is that nonviolent marijuana offenders are taking up a substantial amount of space in jails, to the point where it's causing some overpopulation problems. It's at the point where the most trouble being caused by marijuana is in the process of investigating and arresting, plus it's one more item for drug cartels and gangs to peddle.

What exactly are the benefits of keeping it illegal? Yes it is dangerous in some respects, but it's not as though it being illegal is stopping anybody. What is the benefit of the state spending millions to incarcerate marijuana offenders when its most dangerous by-product is being a sales item for drug dealers, which would be solved if it were legal? I saw you said in another thread that legalizing something to tax and regulate it is a stupid reason to legalize something. Well, how is keeping something illegal for the sake of having it illegal not a stupid reason for keeping it illegal?

The danger with making it legal is that it might become socially acceptable and the use would eventually heavily increase.

And i believe that that mere users of marijuana should be heavily fined. Those who grow it or sell it should get into jail.

Why, oh why? What does it matter to you fine sir what other people like to do in their spare time?
What do you lose if a guy smokes weed and plays Katamari Damacy while eating a bucket of delicious KFC with added bbq sauce?
If it is legal to get blindingly drunk and pass out in the street, why shouldn't it be legal to smoke some herb and realize things about yourself and the universe you never would have thought of otherwise?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked